1/10 Instance: Dating Advice?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/10 Instance: Dating Advice?

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Jolen> Jolen was dithering in the kitchen waiting for a chance to see if he could get to talk to JP. He'd been doing a lot of thinking lately about something he had no experience with and no idea how to handle.

<@Jean-Paul> The kitchen was a pretty good place to wait for Jean-Paul as, soon enough, he would be coming for snacks. He had his work tucked under his arm, forms to make the rally he and Cecilia were preparing legal. Neither of them wanted to risk anything stopping it before it could get under way or anyone running the risk of getting arrested so it was good to cross their t's and dot their i's.

<@Jean-Paul> He was leafing through them as he made his way down, reading the forms and mumbling to himself about the irritation he found there.

<Jolen> Jolen breathed a little easier when JP came into the kitchen and smiled. "Morning Jean-Paul, how are you today?" He didn't want to jump straight at the question in case the man wasn't in the mood to talk to people and, God, look at all that paper work. "Lot of work to do?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Hello, Jolen, how are you?" He glanced up as he sat his things on the bar, going to dig through the pantry. "It's not so bad, really. It's not going to be quite as big of a gathering as the last one I put together...but the last I put together didn't have the best ending."

<Jolen> "I'm good thank you, you are organizing a party then or an outing?" Jolen's eyes went curiously over the papers before he went over to the kettle. "Would you like a tea or coffee?" Smiling at the guy, Jolen realized he was probably about to make this so very awkward.

<@Jean-Paul> "Rally." He looked a bit confused at the idea of a party or an outing needing paperwork but who knows. "Nah, right now it's bagel time, bagels are definitely needed." And there then went into the toaster and it was time to dig out the cream cheese.

<Jolen> "A Rally? What for?" Jolen was more assuming the paperwork was because the party might have been somewhere it shouldn't but apparently not. Making himself a cup of herbal tea, he sat down at the bar and watched his vines curl for a moment. "I was hoping to run into you actually, I would like to ask you something."

<@Jean-Paul> "Mutant rally, we're going to use it as a chance to pass on word about the cannibal problem since it's not been on the news. Since whoever it is is targeting us we have to warn people somehow." The toaster was simply not fast enough for Jean-Paul's liking. "Yeah? Shoot."

<Jolen> "That is a very good idea, lots of mutants not in the school could be in danger if you didn't. Is there anyway I could help?" There had not been anything on the news but had been at the school for the body finding; this rally could save lives. "You went out with Adam before I did, he told me about it.... I was wondering if ... if you would have any advice on how to ask him out on a date."

<@Jean-Paul> "I don't really think my method would be your strong suit." Jean-Paul admitted as he looked over Jolen appraisingly. "I basically had to taunt him into admitting things so I'm not certain that's even viable as an approach anymore as he's accepted things."

<Jolen> "Ah well that ruins my plan a little... I know he likes me and guys and he finds me attractive, so no taunting needed really. I've just never been on a date before and have no idea how he'll react when I ask him out on one." Jolen admitted, rubbing his neck and huffing a little bit.

<@Jean-Paul> "You know enough to assume it'd be a yes so I don't really think you should worry too much about the actual asking him out. What are you going to do?"

<Jolen> "No I'm hoping it will be a yes... last time we talked about relationships he wasn't all that positive on the idea of another one." Sipping his tea, he flicked one of the more annoying vines from his face. "I don't really know, apparently your meant to go out and do something fun and different on dates."

<Jolen> "And I have no clue what that would be for him cause he's always at his club, you know? I don't think he's the sit down for dinner kind, as that's a normal date thing."

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, he doesn't generally know what's good for him so he'll get over that." Jean-Paul shrugged. Sometimes that hindered Adam but sometimes he could just deal. "Just think of things he would enjoy, it's not really all that difficult if you know the person well enough."

<Jolen> Nodding, he sipped his drink a little more, thinking. "How do you think he'd take a camping trip? It'd be nice and quiet, no people, he could take his deck for music and it would be just us? Just taking him out doesn't seem special at all, but a proper outing might be right?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Maybe it'll relax him, who knows?" Jean-Paul chuckled at the idea. "I imagine it's worth a try, no reason not to propose it anyway. It'll give you some time away but I'd recommend bringing plenty to do if you're going to be out there a while."

<Jolen> "I was just thinking overnight; I'm not stupid enough to think I can keep him occupied in the forest for days." He smiled, now he had some ideas of what to do. "Should I ask him out before we go, do you think, or while we're there? Thanks for this, by the way, being stuck in the forest made for sucky practice at these things."

<@Jean-Paul> "...yeah, people usually do ask if someone wants to go on the date before they take them on the date." Jean-Paul couldn't help but smirk a bit at that question. "And you're welcome, it's fine, no problem at all."

<Jolen> "No, I meant take him out camping for a bit of space and then ask him on a date or should I ask him out on the date and make the camping trip the date?" Rubbing his face, he chuckled at himself. "I must sound like such an idiot right now."

<@Jean-Paul> His brow furrowed. "...well we had been talking about the trip being the date, hadn't we?" Jean-Paul found himself shaking his head a bit, assuring himself that he managed to skip this state of sounding a bit idiotic. "You'll get over it."

<Jolen> "Yeah, I guess that would be the better idea...at least if he says no then we won't be out in the forest overnight and having a really awkward time in silence." Now he was wondering why he'd bothered asking. He was sounding like a fool because he couldn't make up his own mind.

<@Jean-Paul> "Sounds like you're all set then, hmm?" Jean-Paul asked, finally getting to enjoy his bagel now that it was freshly out of the toaster. "So when are you going to do it?"

<Jolen> "I want to do it soon; I love cuddling him and holding him at night but I...I think I want to know that this isn't going to stop and he wants me properly, too. He's got almost all of his memory back so...I guess sometime this week?"

<@Jean-Paul> "I wish you luck then." He raised the bagel to him.

<Jolen> Jolen raised the cup of tea back at the bagel. "And luck to your rally as well."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 1/10 Instance: Dating Advice?

Post by puppygirl »

Rohypnol ... never fails :shifty
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: 1/10 Instance: Dating Advice?

Post by Starfish »

That, or a big stick from behind over the back of the head. :shifty