1/9 Instance: Tattle Tale

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/9 Instance: Tattle Tale

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

<Pym> Pym saw Cecilia and waved to her. "Hey!" Finally, someone who wasn't terrified of him and who might even like him.

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed the short guy coming towards her. Oh yeah, new student...and wait...wasn't this the bug guy? "Hank, right?" She asked. "We met a little while ago at New Haven, how are you?" She asked. "How are you settling in? Is this place everything the internet said it would be?" She said wryly.

<Cecilia> God...she'd never be able to unsee what she'd seen on the X-Men fansite...no, just no. Boobs did not work that way, at all.

<Pym> "Oh well... yeah I guess... I think I might have ruined Hope's sanity for a while but... Other than that, fine. Hey I have a question..."

<Cecilia> "Well...I'm not too sure how Hope's sanity was to begin with," said Cecilia, thinking back to the previous semester. "Don't tell her I said though or she might actually kill me..."

<Cecilia> "Alright, go for it," she said. It couldn't be that bad, right?

<Pym> "Well... I overheard some people speaking when I was exploring in the woods. I think they didn't expect me to be around. I'll be honest, they sounded awful suspicious, I was wondering if I should report them to someone."

<Cecilia> "...Really?" She asked, feeling a chill go down her spine as he said the words. Oh God... She hoped that whoever was killing those mutant women hadn't decided to pay the school a visit...and goddamn she was not going to be able to sleep alone tonight...not in this creepy old house, not after this. "Uh, yes, you should definitely report that. Like right now. We've had problems in the past with intruders, so any information is good information."

<Pym> "Okay... who do I go to? I heard them in the woods when I was getting various mold samples from the trees and... it seems like they're casing the joint, I think is the terminology."

<Pym> He rubbed his chin. "They kept yelling at a young man named Miles, telling him he brought some detective to the school. He was trying to explain he had not, but it sounded serious."

<Cecilia> All the colour drained from Cecilia's face at those words. Oh fuck. Apparently threatening texts weren't enough, now the fuckers that were threatening her cousin were paying him visits on school property? Bold. Very bold.

<Cecilia> "The detective was here to warn us about a serial killer that's killing and...cannibalizing young mutant women," she explained. "We discovered one of the victims by chance just before the winter break...I was there..."

<Pym> Pym's colour now drained instead. "What?!"

<Cecilia> "I don't think this is related to that though!" She said, quickly to reassure him. "Uh...you didn't by any chance get a good look at these guys or hear anything else of note, did you?" Jesus Christ Miles, what've you done?

<Pym> "No, I was quite small. I could easily tell you what cologne one of them was using, or such, but I honestly did not think anything about the conversation until I overheard the words all the money Xavier's twerps have to offer. That got me thinking they might not be related with the campus."

<Pym> "What is this about?" He looked perplexed to Cecilia. "You seem like you know what's going on..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia's mind was racing at breakneck speeds from the texts Miles was receiving, to the book he'd handed to her last semester on code-breaking, to his aptitude for technology and lock-picking. Every single piece falling into the correct position until it completed the puzzle. "...Oh shit," she said.

<Cecilia> "Someone I'm close to is trouble," she said, a bit distantly, leaning against the wall. Shit. Shitshitshit! So this is what Miles was being roped into by this uncle of his? Stealing? That fucker. Someone was gonna pay for this.

<Cecilia> The only question was how to play this...did she confront Miles? Or go for help?

<Pym> "I don't understand... who do you know? Are you part of this?" he looked around for a teacher or an adult.

<Cecilia> "What? No!" She exclaimed. "No, I...It's not me it's my cousin- well, my third cousin. That's who's in trouble. I've got nothing to do with this!" But they'd might assume she was...they were family, it was entirely possible from an outsider's viewpoint…hm.

<Pym> "Your cousin?" Pym's face showed a mix of concern to discuss. "Your cousin is... trying to steal from Xavier's? ... Is he stupid?"

<Cecilia> "He's not trying to on his own...or at least I hope he's not," she said, frowning. "He's being pressed into it by someone he's close to...and yes, sometimes I have to wonder, for a guy who's quite bright he's got very little common sense. Blame it on a sheltered life."

<Cecilia> "I...I should've said something sooner...but I didn't. He got really distraught when I began pressing him for details...and well, I had my own problems at the time..." she said, suddenly feeling very guilty. "I'm a terrible person..."

<Pym> "Well, as bad as that is for you,... That doesn't seem to help me get over the confusion, but alright. Well... who should I talk to about this?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia thought about that. "I suppose one of the professors..." she said. But if this brought in the police, there was a possibility she could be implicated too...but if she kept this under wraps she had willingly enabled and abetted a crime...so both ways she was fucked. What to do?

<Cecilia> "...I better go with you. Miles is my family, I should be there too." She began walking towards the nearest professor's office. "Let's go. Right now."

<Pym> "Okay..." He eyed the office she was heading to. "Wait- I... I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. I didn't know it was your cousin, this sounds personal. Are you sure?"

<Cecilia> "No!" She laughed. "No, but I know this is the right thing to do, even though I don't feel sure, because it's the hardest thing to do. So...I'm gonna do it. My father was a smart man, it'd be a crime to not listen to his advice." And no doubt she'd confused Pym to all hell now. But that didn't matter. "Let's do this."

<Pym> Pym frowned and they opened the door to Paige's office. Instead of Paige though, they were a bit taken aback to see someone else entirely.

<Cecilia> "Rachel?" Asked Cecilia. "Uh...erm...isn't this Professor Guthrie's office?"

<Rachel> Waiting for Paige to finish with whatever class she was teaching at the moment, Rachel had made herself comfortable in the desk chair, propping her feet on Paige's desk. However, the voice startled her, and she promptly removed them. "I, uh..." she glanced around the office. It was almost as pink as Paige's bedroom. "Yes, it is. I'm, um... waiting for her to finish with classes. Hanging out afterward."

<Pym> "... Oh. Well then, I guess we can talk to Professor Guthrie another time, right, Cecilia?" He tried to make a quick exit for the door.

<Cecilia> "No, this is fine. Actually this might be even better," she said. If Rachel couldn't kick Miles' ass into gear, Cecilia didn't know who could. "We need your help, it's about my cousin. Hank, tell her what you saw."

<Pym> He was already halfway out the door frame when he frowned at his name. Turning back he maintained his grimace. "I saw something, I didn't know it was another student. It's probably a misunderstanding, I'm not really sure this is appropriate."

<Rachel> Well, since they were not Paige, she leaned back once more and propped her feet back up, looking between the two of them. Her eyebrow went up at 'needing help' with Miles and Hank's behaviour. "What did you see?" she demanded, "If it's a misunderstanding, telling me shouldn't be that big of a deal."

<Cecilia> "No! It's not nothing, there are intruders on the property! How is that nothing!?" She exclaimed. "It's not nothing," she said to Rachel. "It's my cousin, he's being threatened and I think he's being forced to commit a crime against the school."

<Pym> "I... I wouldn't know about that." Hank admitted, his cheeks turning deep red. "I don't know anything about that. I just heard people talking."

<Rachel> "Son of a bitch," Rachel muttered, moved to get up, and came around the desk, pinning Hank with a look, "Tell me what you heard, or I'll just take it from your mind."

<Pym> "I-uh... I... Can you threaten me like that?" Hank gulped. Why did you just ask that!?

<Cecilia> "...You don't have to grab it out...I can just tell you," said Cecilia, a little freaked out. Phoenix wasn't that long ago after all.

<Rachel> She didn't particularly care whether she could or not, seeing as she just had. Looking to Cecilia, she shrugged, "That works too." And so much for shopping with Paige.

<Cecilia> "Err...alright..." She fiddled a little with her cuffs. "Basically, Hank just told me that while he was out in the woods he heard these people yelling at Miles for 'bringing the police' around here."

<Pym> Hank sat down in a chair and put his head in his hands. "I don't know what was going on... They said something about not being done researching the building. They said Miles hadn't finished the security overrides for them, or something..."

<Cecilia> "Hank also heard them say they were gonna steal something from the student body here...Also, Miles has been getting these weird texts from someone he's close to for a little while now...I didn't mention it because he got upset and said he wanted to deal with it on his own..."

<Pym> "... They said something about all the richest students' money."

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked at Hank. "WHAT?!" Oh fuck...wait... the richest students? That meant her boyfriend!

<Pym> "I didn't think that sounded all that great, yeah."

<Cecilia> "Well, fuck, man! No, it's not! One of those students happens to be my boyfriend!" She exclaimed. "Why didn't you say that sooner?!"

<Rachel> Sighing, Rachel reached up to rake her fingers through her hair and took a deep breath. She hadn't even started teaching yet, and she already didn't want the job... Though, really, she'd never wanted to be a teacher. What she wanted was a cigarette to smoke while she took all this in. "Right... Well... I'm going to find Miles and report this."

<Cecilia> "It's his uncle that's doing it, I think..." said Cecilia. "I've had some indication that might be the case...please...just don't go so hard on him...he's pretty freaked out, I think."

<Pym> "I don't need to sign any paper work, right?" Hank asked meekly.

<Rachel> "I'll try not to be," she replied as she moved for the door, walking backwards as she spoke, "No paperwork, but you two can stay here and fill Paige in as well... Just in case I get held up with Miles. She should only be a few more minutes, so it shouldn't take too much of your time."

<Cecilia> "We should probably warn the students with the higher bankrolls too!" Called Cecilia. "They might wanna move their money or something."

<Pym> "I would think avoiding panic would make more sense? Wouldn't that make them ... beat your cousin up, or something?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed Pym. "Obviously you have not met me. I doubt most people would want to tangle with the girl who threw another student down the stairs."

<Rachel> "And, yeah, that too. Paige should be able to handle that." Rachel also pointed out, actually moving out the door now, "They'd also have to make it through me."

<Pym> "I think I just made a lot of enemies for one student and one severe enemy for myself." Hank said with a frown. "Please don't tell him I heard!" He called to Rachel.

<Cecilia> Cecilia turned to Hank. "Thank you. You might've saved everyone a lot of grief just now...maybe even saved my cousin's life. I owe you."

<Pym> "I don't know if anyone really owes me anything. Maybe I'm not as right for this school as I had thought..."