1/7 Instance: Coffee and Crow

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

1/7 Instance: Coffee and Crow

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Fabian> Despite the angle, Fabian was practically laying on the counter with his legs hanging off as he longingly watched as the coffee filtered through the machine drip by drip...slowly. Agonizingly slowly, really, as there was barely enough in the pot to make a cup yet and it was a twelve cup machine.

<Fabian> Why wasn't there a mutant that produced coffee? Or maybe one close by that altered time so he could have his coffee right now? They obviously needed to expand their recruitment for the school so he could have coffee faster.

<Fabian> Still, drip, drip, drip and he was just going to have to wait. Even though he was quite accustomed to travel jet lag always took a toll on Fabian and he was feeling that toll still. By right he should be asleep right now or, at least, that was what his body was telling him but he wasn't and he couldn't so coffee was just going to have to fix that for him.

<Fabian> When it came.

<@Eddie> "Oh. It's you." Eddie's voice acknowledged the presence of Fabian on the counter, "....what are you doing?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow, "You know, staring at it so intently won't make it go faster."

<Fabian> "And a fine hello to you as well." Fabian did glance up briefly to incline his head to Eddie but his attention soon turned back to the dripping pot. "Is that a reason to not watch it still? It won't go any faster if I don't. Plus I can count this as simply part of the experience, take in the aroma, look longingly at the wonderful chocolatey brown bitterness drip on and on...god I wish I could make it go faster."

<@Eddie> Eddie grinned, "You're strange, Cortez. But I guess that's part of your charm, hm?" he went to the fridge, opening it and inspecting the contents, "It occurs to me you might be due an apology, actually."

<Fabian> "I like to think of myself as quite extraordinary." He decided he would agree with the strange comment even though he saw himself as quite easily understood. But, then again, that was him and he knew a good deal more about himself than other people.

<Fabian> He did look rather confused at Eddie's next statement and sat up on the counter. Eddie now had his full attention. "I owe an apology? Have I done something I'm not aware of or is it the usual fare?"

<@Eddie> "No, I mean due one from me." Eddie confirmed, taking a can of... "Iced Coffee, hm? Swish." he smirked, turning around to face Fabian, "Is er...is this yours or are these fair game?"

<Fabian> "...why do you owe me an apology?" Fabian's look of disgust towards the can of coffee was a simple answer for them being his. "It's fresh or not at all for me, I'm afraid. Canned coffee is a witchcraft I'd rather not tamper with."

<@Eddie> Eddie shrugged, leaving a five dollar bill in the space where the can was before closing the fridge, "Eeeh, I'll replace it." he said, cracking it open and sipping at it, "Ooooh, tasty stuff."

<@Eddie> "Ok, in answer to your question," Eddie went on, raising a finger, "I've spent the better part of half a year keeping you at arms length and scrutinizing you for something that, looking back at it, miiiight have been a little unfair of me to see so black and white." he admitted.

<Fabian> Fabian's confusion was still apparent but now it was due to the fact that this apology did not fit in the characteristics he had mentally defined Eddie with. To tell the truth Fabian had him marked as being too full of himself in a black and white morality stance that this would have been an impossible jump.

<Fabian> His eyes narrowed slightly, sensing something perhaps a bit off...but then again, Eddie was black and white enough that he wouldn't be giving out a false apology. There was nothing to be gained from it as far as Fabian saw and he didn't think the other man thought in those terms, either.

<Fabian> "Not a problem, I can't say as I blame you. It's more understandable to me than some of the reactions around here."

<@Eddie> Laughing, Eddie gestured to him with the can in his hand, "You looked about ready to have a brain aneurysm just," he commented, humorous smirk sliding across his face, "I've been doing some thinking today is all. You know, and shooting things. Oh, and I yelled at your girlfriend - it was awesome, she yelled back, it was this whole big bonding thing."

<@Eddie> He sipped some more of his beverage, "I think she might actually be convinced I'm not going to eat her face now, you know!"

<Fabian> "So that's how this has come up, she's yelled you into submission, has she? Luckily, I know she can give just as good as she gets so I assume I don't have to do any boyfriend duties of yelling at you over it, yes?" He couldn't help but be a bit confused at the shooting bit though. "You were shooting together?"

<Fabian> "She does have a little bit of a worry you'll eat her after that danger room scenario of yours she got into. Well, that and your rescue from Traskland." He slid off of the counter, deciding food might as well be gotten while he waited for the coffee to finish.

<@Eddie> Eddie nodded, pacing the kitchen, "Mmn, well, nobody's perfect," he replied, "She just got me thinking I might have limited my view based on personal bias: to be honest, Adam, Pietro, et cetera? I will probably never be able to forgive them - they knowingly jeopardized everything we....everything I hold sacred," he sighed, "So no. Two strikes, and only a fool would allow a third."

<@Eddie> He paused, taking a seat at the table, "As for you, and that Lukas kid, it seems you were in way over your heads - and I know you've suffered for it." Eddie placed the can down gently, "And....maybe I think it's unfair to carry that on."

<Fabian> Oh, thank God, there was cereal and he wasn't going to have to make a fool of himself trying to cook. "Then I suppose there isn't any more problems between us then...she really let you shoot around her?" His mind was stuck at that point.

<@Eddie> "Yeeeah, she was more than a little weird about it: classic signs of post-traumatic stress," Eddie shrugged, "But she's good at it; I was practicing for the force, she was.....well, I assume she was trying to conquer her fear?"

<Fabian> "Yes, she's been working at it," Fabian nodded. "I've taken her out to a range on in the city a few times so she'd handle a real gun rather than one made by the Danger Room, been improving a good deal. We took a break over break as I figured being stuck at my home for part of it was probably going to be stress enough."

<Eddie> Eddie sipped some more from his can, "Did it turn out badly back home?"

<@Fabian> "Oh no, went better than I expected in any case." Finally, there was coffee. Fabian poured himself a cup and leaned against the counter, glad to now have some coffee in him. "Nobody got shot, anyway. So, cop then? I suppose I can see that."

<Eddie> "Yeah...just need to be making sure I'm not apologizing like this all the time, huh?" Eddie replied, scoffing at himself a little.

<@Fabian> "Or shooting things you shouldn't, how are you?"

<Eddie> With a shrug, Eddie grinned, "Fantastic, now my life's being easier," he confessed. "Liza and I have talked, things are getting better....just....you know, at their own pace," he admitted, "How about you, Fabian? Things ok here after....well, me?"

<@Fabian> "I'm always okay." Fabian shrugged. "Especially now there's fresh coffee in my world. Honestly though yes, things are good...have to say I enjoy this place more than I ever would have thought."

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, "I'm glad. Look, I really am sorry for being so harsh....I guess it's just my way of dealing with these things, I...honestly, I find it difficult to forgive I guess. And....well, I blamed you unfairly."

<Eddie> He looked up at Fabian, "I mean, I never found you at a crime scene with blood on your hands. But I won't lie, when I looked at you and Lukas, all I saw was....," he shook his head.

<@Fabian> "I wouldn't say it was unfairly. We played our parts in the whole thing." Fabian found himself shrugging again. "But it's never going to be all there is to see in any situation you're going to find."

<Eddie> "You're right," Eddie agreed, "But even so, I still could have been fairer - my personal feelings are something I evidently have trouble keeping out of the equation," he grinned, a haphazard shrug following, "But hey, like I said, nobody's perfect."

<@Fabian> He nodded, finishing up his breakfast but holding onto the coffee. "How long do you have until courses or you head on out for your training?"

<Eddie> Checking his phone momentarily, Eddie hummed, "Oh, about.....a couple hours. Also, I promised I'd see Liza after she gets off work. Why?," he looked back at Fabian, "Something in mind?"

<@Fabian> "I'm curious to see how you shoot." Fabian admitted with a bit of a laugh.

<Eddie> "Oh?" Eddie sat up, "Why? Think you can out-shoot me, kid?"

<@Fabian> "Yes." Fabian answered simply and, surprisingly, not with his usual sound of arrogance, merely confidence.

<Eddie> Laughing, Eddie nodded, "Alright, maverick - if you think you're hardcore...," he finished his can and crushed it in his hands as he stood, "Shall we go?"

<@Fabian> "Surely." Fabian finished his coffee and put the cup away in the dishwasher before leading the way out.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 1/7 Instance: Coffee and Crow

Post by PanicSwitch »

And apparently Mayday's going to be one iced coffee short...:shifty
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7