1/7 Instance: The Hound

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/7 Instance: The Hound

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Cecilia: Cecilia lay on her bed trying to get the appeal of Russian literature...and completely failing. She scowled at the book in her hands. She had no idea what Fabian was on about. Russian authors were terribly depressing and 'Anna Karenina' was an awful book, even if it was a classic. Sighing, she set the book aside and began to study Laura, who was also hanging around the room.

Laura: Laura was sitting in the center of her bed, book laid out in front of her and notebook in her lap. She'd completed the problems a while ago, and now she was double-checking her work. Once she was finished, she flipped the notebook closed and slid the pencil into the spiral, pausing as she tried to think of any of work that needed to be done. She heaved a sigh when she realized she'd finished.

Cecilia: Cecilia covered her mouth to suppress her laughter at the sigh, with only a degree of success. " Sorry," she said to the other girl. "I'm not laughing at you. It's just I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually disappointed to be finished with their homework!" She laughed.

Laura: Laura blinked over at Cecilia at the laughter and considered the explanation, nodding, "I have gathered that most are generally pleased to be done with their homework."

Cecilia: "Well, yeah, usually," said Cecilia, sitting up and tucking her legs underneath her. "I mean, I enjoy my schoolwork, but I also value my free-time, so..." she shrugged. "...What do you like to do?" She asked a bit bluntly. "Do you have any hobbies or anything? Besides fighting in the Danger Room," she added.

Laura: "I spend a good deal of time with Curt, I like going to classes and learning, I have found I enjoy watching some television..." Laura's brow furrowed as she considered her list, "I am sure I sound horribly dull and need to find more hobbies."

Cecilia: Cecilia shrugged. "Well, I dunno if I can judge you there...I'm not the most interesting person, either. I read, exercise, go to class like everyone else... sometimes I play video games with Mayday... and go out to bars..."

Cecilia: "To be honest I've never actually had more free time than I do now," she admitted. "Before I worked a great deal of the time when I wasn't at school. My family needed the money," she explained. She studied Laura. "What kind of things did you do to occupy your time before you came here?"

Laura: "I have been to the bars, and I enjoyed doing karaoke with Professors Drake and Kent. Alcohol does not have much effect on me though," Laura replied. The question gave her pause, and she looked down to her blankets as she answered, "I mainly had assignments to pick up mutants my father had taken an interest in."

Cecilia: Cecilia's eyes widened. "Assignments? So you were sent out to capture mutants?" Now that was a terrifying thought. "...Who did you capture? Anyone I'd know?"

Laura: "Mostly, yes," she made a slight face as she nodded, "I assisted with obtaining Rachel Grey."

Cecilia: "Fucking hell," she muttered, pinching the space between her eyes "And I can guess why, because she was of scientific interest to him."

Cecilia: "...So is that what you were made for?" Asked Cecilia. "I mean, were you born naturally and did he just...make you into his hound? Or did he create you artificially for that purpose?" She asked, shuddering at the thought. "...I'm sorry, that's a terribly personal question, you probably don't even want to think about this...forget I ever mentioned it."

Laura: "It is fine. I do not mind talking about it. It is something that has happened, and there is no changing it. There is no reason to be overly upset about something you cannot do anything about," Laura shrugged and continued, "It is what he made me into, but I do have a mother. I am just... not sure of her whereabouts at this time. However, I do intend to find her, assuming she is still alive."

Laura: "I made it one of my silly New Years resolutions." Even though she still didn't see the point in calling them that when it was just another goal to achieve. "That and to make up for some of my past actions."

Cecilia: "...But what do you have to make up for?" Asked Cecilia. "If this is about fetching Essex's mutants, you know that wasn't your fault...it's not like you had a choice..."

Cecilia: "Did you ever meet her?" Asked Cecilia. "...What...was it like living with him all those years anyways?" She asked, curious. "What did you do between 'assignments'?"

Laura: "But is there not always a choice? However, I suppose I would not have known any different, as I had been raised to believe it was fine. Regardless, now that I have my uniform back, I would like to do good things."

Laura: "If I have, I was too young to retain any memory of it," Laura shook her head, pausing as she considered the next questions. The last one was the easiest, so she answered it first, "I mostly spent time training, however I enjoyed studying and reading as well. I suppose I haven't changed much in that regard."

Laura: As for the other question, "I... did not have a lot of freedom, so I was not able to do much more than that. It never occurred to me to try anything while on an assignment, as I like to complete tasks in a timely manner. There was always a schedule to keep, and it was all very structured."

Cecilia: "You were designed to be a weapon," said Cecilia grimly. She shook her head. She didn't know what to say. 'Sorry,' seemed so inadequate.

Cecilia: She thought about the 'choice' question for a minute. "Yes, there is...but I don't honestly think death is really much of a choice, to be honest. That and by your own argument you shouldn't blame yourself. You weren't raised to believe there was any other choice. It was the only thing you knew."

Laura: "It is illogical to, yes," Laura agreed, "But it is something I feel like I should do, as I could use the skills I have learned to do good things. Judging from the state of the world, people may not appreciate it, but I suppose that is not the important part when it comes to saving lives and such."

Laura: After a moment, she added, "Also, it would have been incredibly difficult to dispose of me, so it was likely in his best interests not to try, even if I had put up any resistance. I am sure I was not always compliant anyway. From what I have seen of children, they are not adept at listening."

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "No, they aren't. Or if they are they just ignore it, I did."

Cecilia: "...I have another question for you," she said, actually enjoying how straightforward this was. Most of the time Cecilia had to worry about being too blunt or having an awkward silence. Here she could ask direct questions and not worry if things were quiet, since Laura didn't seem too bothered by either.

Cecilia: "Why do you never use contractions? The only people I know who do that are my mother and Prof. Munroe."

Laura: "I simply do?" Laura answered with another shrug, "Miles has attempted to get me to use contractions, and I occasionally attempt to when speaking to him... It is strange though. I guess if I used them more often, it would become a habit."

Cecilia: "Well, you don't have to," said Cecilia. "But it would make you sound a little less formal. You're what? Eighteen? You'd sound more your age." Cecilia shrugged yet again. "Whatever you like though."

Laura: "Nineteen. I will be twenty at the end of February," Laura supplied. She pondered the subject for a bit before speaking again. "Perhaps I will put more effort into trying contractions, however I cann- can't..." her face twisted slightly at her own correction, "I can't guarantee results."

Cecilia: Cecilia chuckled at Laura's attempt to use contractions. "..Do you use much slang at all? Because this might be fun."

Laura: "Not particularly. Do you think I should make an effort to try that as well?"

Cecilia: "Yes. Definitely," she said. "That and hobbies...Do you want to play Dance Dance Revolution with me?" She asked.

Laura: After making a mental note that they would have to get Hisako to play the game sometime, Laura smiled and nodded, "Miles has also tried to teach me to dance, so it could be fun."

Cecilia: "Correction: it will be fun. It's DDR!" Said Cecilia, dragging Laura out of the room and off to the nerd cave.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 1/7 Instance: The Hound

Post by Ferguson »

Oh these two should be great for roommate bonding, can't wait to see Hisako in the mix.