11/30 Instance: Temptation

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/30 Instance: Temptation

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

<Jean> Taking in a deep drag, Jean burst into a coughing fit, curling up around the purloined pack of her cousin's cigarettes and nearly falling off the patio table in the process.

<Fabian> "New to it?" Fabian asked as he stepped outside as he regarded Jean and her precarious balance. "I suppose this is the time to develop bad habits, isn't it?"

<Jean> "Yeah," she choked, staring at the lit cigarette in her hand as she tried to recover. "I might need to find a different one."

<Fabian> "You grow accustomed to it." God how he missed the glorious warmth of cigarettes now. "Though I'd recommend drink over cigarettes, more fun and you get into more shit while giving it a go after all."

<Jean> "I haven't done that since Circle Pines." Jean twisted to look at the other redhead, offering him the cigarette. "Show me some pointers?"

<Fabian> "You are an evil temptress." Fabian accused, laughing. "I promised I'd quit, going to get me in trouble here." He still took the cigarette. "No shallow breaths, that's what's getting you coughing like that. Well, that and just being new to it."

<Jean> "How do you take a deep breath? That seems like it'd be, like, ten times worse!" Jean preened a little at the temptress comment though. Right, his girlfriend was the touchy one. She smiled.

<Fabian> "Willpower and a moment of bad decision." Fabian answered, contemplating the cigarette in his hand. Damn was it tempting...though he had something more amusing to smoke on his roommate's side of the room anyway.

<Jean> "Bad decisions are always the most fun, right?" Jean's lips curled as she sized him up. He at least seemed fun.

<Fabian> He looked back up at her, smirking slowly. "They're the best decisions. Jean, isn't it?"

<Jean> "That's right. Fabian. I didn't even have to read your mind." She returned the smirk and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, flicking the tip toward him. "You gonna show me how it's done then?"

<Fabian> Well, he wasn't going to say no now. He lit the cigarette, taking a decent enough drag off of it. "Not a word."

<Jean> Jean giggled at his face. "Not at all," she smirked. "I think you said it for me."

<Fabian> "Said what?" Fabian attempted to look innocently at her. "I've no idea what you're on about. So, did you buy your first pack yourself or did you steal them like it should be done?"

<Jean> "Oh no, I totally stole them." Jean waved a hand. "Buy. As if." She waited expectantly for him to take another drag.

<Fabian> Fabian did not disappoint, either. One cigarette, that wasn't going to make a difference one way or another. "In that case i'm proud of you, who from?"

<Jean> "Rachel, of course. What's family for if not to steal from?" Jean's grin spread across her face and she wriggled a little closer to him across the top of the patio table.

<Fabian> "I would have to agree with that." Fabian laughed, mentally cataloging all of the things he had lifted off of family members in the past. "I'll not rat you out with her, either. Though I imagine it won't take her long."

<Jean> "Probably not, but i appreciate it. Provided she doesn't just, you know, rip it out of your skull." Jean delicately plucked another from the pack and lit it up, giving it a wary eye.

<Fabian> "Yeah, one always runs the risk of that but I think I'm fairly safe. After all, there's no reason I would know, right?" He laughed at her eyeing the cigarette. "Is this better than the first then?"

<Jean> "We'll see." Jean followed his direction and took a deep breath, though it hitched and there was an explosion of smoke and coughing.

<Fabian> "Take a little bit in, build up and if you get lung cancer or something you're not allowed to blame me." Fabian chuckled a bit at the coughing. "Everyone starts like this."

<Jean> "It doesn't seem like it's such a smart thing then does it? I think my lungs are trying to tell me something," she coughed, fanning both hands to wave away the smoke.

<Fabian> "Well, there's better things in the world to smoke." Fabian admitted. "It's not for everyone though."

<Jean> "Oooooooh yes. I had a fantastic thing, but I'm almost out and I haven't found the elephant man yet, so I'm saving it." Jean took another swipe at the cigarette.

<Fabian> "Rubin? Rubin is a great source. You can always come into my room though, Sean's got craptons of stuff. He basically walks around in a cloud of highness."

<Jean> "Really?" Jean's eyes lit up. "Sean your roommate then?"

<Fabian> "Yeah, the Irish kid. You want to abandon this for some of his special brownies?"

<Jean> "That sounds like the best idea all day."

<Fabian> Fabian stood up, putting his cigarette out after a few long drags. "Oh God, I hadn't missed this so bad until now. Why did I smoke this?"

<Jean> "Because I'm very persuasive." Jean slid off the table to stand close to him with a confident smirk.

<Fabian> "To be fair, it probably didn't take much." Fabian laughed, smirking back and leading the way inside.