11/23 Instance: Robert Meets Robert

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/23 Instance: Robert Meets Robert

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Illyana> Illyana cuddled Catrin and tickled her baby's toes as she sat in the rocking chair in the nursery. They had finally gotten the ok to take them home, which meant Illy could finally use those secret pink outfits she had purchased.

<Bobby> Bobby had this secret fear that he might break a baby. He'd never had to get too close to Johnny when he was tiny, thank God. Same for the rest of the babies at the school. These babies though, he couldn't avoid.

<Pietro> Pietro was on diaper changing duty with his son. He had never been more glad for super speed.

<Illyana> "She has the cutest little nose!" Illyana smiled over at Pietro and Peter.

<Pietro> Pietro grinned back, picking up the freshly changed baby. Ahhh much better without the smell.

<Bobby> "Knock knock?" Bobby lightly rapped on the door frame and then saw them... two babies. Thank God Lorna was only having one.

<Illyana> "Ohhh look, Catrin. It's Uncle Bobby!" Illyana smiled warmly at Bobby.

<Pietro> "Hey," Pietro smiled at Bobby too. "Come to check we haven't gone crazy yet?"

<Illyana> "You are far too late for that one." Illyana piped up.

<Bobby> He couldn't help his grin at the nickname. "Uncle, huh?" Bobby came into the room, dropping off pink and blue gift bags by the door.

<Pietro> "Oh yeah, you more than earned that." He nodded sagely.

<Bobby> "Awww, well thank you." Bobby saw the little baby bundles in their arms and smiled. So small.

<Illyana> "Awww thank you Bobby. You didn't have to bring us anything." She carefully got to her feet. "You have to watch out for this one. She kicks."

<Pietro> "She goes for the weak points too." Pietro added.

<Bobby> "So I should have worn a cup, huh?"

<Pietro> He laughed, "Yeah and a helmet with a face guard."

<Illyana> "X-man in training." Illyana giggled and offered her over to Bobby to hold. "Just keep the blanket tight and you'll be just fine."

<Bobby> "Oh! She's..." Bobby winced and carefully took the little girl, holding her awkwardly. "She's a burrito..."

<Illyana> Illyana just smiled at him. "You're a natural," she assured him.

<Pietro> "I have the quiet one." He cuddled his son. "Just think, you'll be doing this as a parent soon."

<Bobby> "Oh... yeah, i have nightmares every morning about dropping her..." Bobby gave them both a nervous smile and tried to actually look at the baby in his arms.

<Illyana> "They don't break easily." Illyana assured him. "I'm also not convinced Catrin sleeps."

<Pietro> "She might not sleep much... but she should sleep a little..." Pietro frowned, "At least she better..."

<Bobby> "Maybe it's her power." Reasonably sure the baby was secure, he moved back her blanket to see her face. Squishy! But... cute. He smiled. "Hi, there..."

<Illyana> "Still not convinced." Illyana smiled over at her husband. "Oh, This is Catrin... and we named the quiet one Robert Peter in honor of the wonderful men in his life. We decided to call him Peter though."

<Bobby> Bobby wriggled his finger in front of the baby's face and giggled when she kicked inside the blanket burrito. Then he realized what Illyana had said and looked up. "Wait, what?"

<Pietro> Pietro made baby Peter wave at his namesake and smiled at Bobby. "We thought you'd earned that too... and we couldn't think of a better name."

<Illyana> "More than earned it," she clarified.

<Bobby> "Wow... that's..." He bit his lip, giving the other baby a little wave. "You poor kid, good thing they're calling you Peter."

<Pietro> Pietro laughed, "You're welcome."

<Bobby> "Yeah - t-thank you. You guys... I really appreciate everything you've done." He blinked rapidly and looked down at Catrin again. So little and perfect.

<Illyana> "Bobby... you did a lot for us. And you are a great friend. We're glad that you are a part of our lives and theirs."

<Pietro> "Everything we've done?" Pietro repeated, shaking his head. "I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for you. Don't be silly."

<Bobby> Not sure what to say anymore without breaking down, he cradled the baby and carefully hugged Illyana.

<Illyana> Illyana hugged Bobby tightly, careful of her kid.

<Pietro> Pietro just let them get on with the hugging, safe from it while he was holding Peter.

<Bobby> He carefully returned Catrin to her mother with a kiss on the cheek for Illyana. "Well... I didn't break her. That's score one for me." Bobby turned to look at Pietro.

<Illyana> Illyana laughed at Bobby and cuddled her baby again. "I told you they were pretty durable."

<Pietro> Pietro looked right back, raising an eyebrow.

<Bobby> Bobby had to get a look at this poor kid saddled with his name, so he pulled up a chair.

<Pietro> He took the hint and walked over to Bobby, offering his son to hold. "He's even freshy changed for you."

<Illyana> "And he doesn't kick nearly as much," Illyana threw in.

<Bobby> Pleased that the hint was taken, he carefully hugged Pietro as well before taking the baby. "You knew that shi- ...hug, hug was coming, man." He gave him a shit eating grin.

<Pietro> "I was hoping I'd managed to avoid it..." Pietro replied, with a grin in return.

<Illyana> "I think you should hug him again... for good measure."

<Bobby> Bobby gave Illyana an evil grin and did it again, and even gave him a kiss on the cheek too.

<Illyana> "Woohoo!" Illyana laughed at them.

<Pietro> "...." Pietro frowned, "I'm so getting you back for that when you're not holding a baby."

<Bobby> "Love you too," he cackled, then looked down to his namesake. He was quiet... and seemed to be sleeping. "Awww..."