11/22 Instance: Debrief

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/22 Instance: Debrief

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline Note: Before Instance - 'Where have all the Hot Pockets gone?', after Instance – 'Expendables'

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sat outside in the snow on the front lawn. She'd just gotten back from the liquor store and had purchased a bottle of rum that she was now contemplating drinking. She hadn't even changed out of the clothes she'd worn on the mission. She'd just gone right to the store and gotten booze.

<@Cecilia> She frowned at the amber liquid. "I have no idea what I was thinking when I got you," she sighed, putting it in her hoodie pocket. Fuck being a sad drunk.

<Eddie> "I'll take it off your hands.", came the voice of Eddie Brock from behind her. He adjusted his long, black coat - one of the few items from Circle Pines he decided to keep. "You feeling alright?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia's back went completely rigid. "No, I think I'll keep it, thanks. I did pay for it after all," she said, a bit shortly, instantly regretting it. "Er...sorry."

<@Cecilia> "That was...really rude." She forced herself into a more relaxed posture. "...I'm fine. Just a little rattled is all."

<Eddie> Eddie laughed dryly at her reaction, "You're more fun than than a firecracker in a lava lamp(!)", he rolled his eyes, stepping into view, "Look, er...I know we didn't meet on the best of terms, kiddo, and I apologize for that. But I'm not gonna kill you or anything!"

<@Cecilia> "I know," said Cecilia frowning. "If you were you wouldn't be out of containment. That's not... the trouble." She sighed. Should she tell him this? Well, if they were working together it might be a good idea to give him some damn warning. In case she ever had a huge flashback.

<@Cecilia> "I have PTSD. Untreated for over seven years," she said. "I didn't get diagnosed until recently. When certain...situations crop up I can react very badly."

<@Cecilia> "Being in Circle Pines again with you. That was difficult to begin with. But the victims with gunshot wounds and having a gun pointed at me again and everything else? That taxed me to my limit. So if I'm short with you, I apologize. It's not personal."

<Eddie> "Still better than being shot, in my opinion.", Eddie smirked, looking out on the snow-strewn grounds, "...maybe I shouldn't have gone with you. God knows it was difficult enough for me being around Selene on that mission, can't even imagine what it was like for you.", he sighed.

<Eddie> "If it's any consolation? My life's still in tatters.", he joked, "Seriously: if you want someone to talk to....well, I could do with a reason to be quiet right now - words have gotten me in to more trouble than I'm worth recently..."

<@Cecilia> "I...appreciate that, Ed. I do. But I'm really the sort of person that likes to forget about these sorts of things. Re-hashing them just...doesn't do anyone any good. Worse, it just makes me emo," she frowned.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "I don't take joy in other's unhappiness...so I'm assuming your girl didn't come around?" She picked up some snow and made a snowball.

<Eddie> Eddie shook his head, "...nah. N-not...not yet.", he frowned also, "...I say 'yet'....", poking the snow with his boot, he remained silent. He didn't want to say it. Not yet. He wasn't ready to give up on them.

<@Cecilia> "Well, if you've reached the fifteen message mark, I'd suggest laying off for awhile," said Cecilia, raising an eyebrow. "Because seriously? There's a fine line. You gotta look concerned. But not stalkerish. No girl wants to feel like she's starring in 'Fatal Attraction.'"

<Eddie> "Heh...yeah.", he smiled, no real happiness in it, "....I remember when we first met: she literally did stalk me.", he laughed a little at that memory, "I remember when she turned up in her little jumpsuit and camera, all 'Ohmygod, it's Venom!' - almost got me shot!", his laughter reached a peak.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed, a bit surprised. "Jesus Christ. Well, maybe I should be saying that to her!" She snorted. "She's bold. Not afraid of anything is she? I'll admit I still get a bit freaked at the giant black ooze form you have-" She trailed off. "Er..."

<Eddie> Eddie raised an eyebrow, "Oh....right. Yeah, Parker mentioned that you were sifting through my stuff. Thought I'd deleted that...", he shook his head again, smirking a little, "Man, that kid is such a pain in the ass...stealing my ideas and making them better.", he grinned.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "Yeah...well...I'm sorry...really, I am. We didn't mean to screw around with your stuff and we...lived to regret it." She frowned, "Actually that was why I was so terrified of you in Circle Pines..."

<@Cecilia> "I thought the shock of everything might...trigger some sort of freakout I dunno..." She shrugged. "I didn't give you a fair chance. I wasn't...charitable after all the shit that went down there. Hell, I was convinced you were a monster. Which is super hypocritical when you consider my choices in the past."

<@Cecilia> "So...I'm sorry. For being an asshole to you as of late. Some of it is PTSD but...it's really not fair. So yeah..." She kicked at the snow awkwardly.

<@Cecilia> "In a way, I should actually feel less afraid of you. At least you acknowledge you have the capacity to be a monster. Unlike so many who claim to be heroes yet do the exact opposite..." She frowned. "It's nice to know you think of it...I do the same. I was...actually a little nervous questioning those guys. I didn't want to have to hurt them...I didn't want to become...tainted."

<Eddie> "More than I can say for a few people here.", Eddie replied, a solemn sound to his voice. "But we got our information, no casualties. The mission was a success.", he turned to Cecilia, "You did a hell of a job, given the circumstances I expected you to be a little more.....well....like Sue was.", he smirked again.

<Eddie> "But, you weren't.", he went on, "You kept your cool, you followed orders and, more than anything, you're dealing with your issues. Some of us....", he looked away, "...some of us spend most of our time running."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "I suggested Sue go to the offices in the planning stages for stealth reasons. Having the two of us there is a bit redundant...but I think she might've been avoiding her girlfriend. Understandably. That's why she might've been a bit off." She shrugged. "Well, that and we don't always agree on some essential values. She's nice, I train with her. She's just...having a hard time, I guess."

<@Cecilia> "Well, I can't promise I won't be bitchy occasionally," she laughed. "If I have an opinion you will hear it. But I'm not going to compromise everyone's safety because of my issues."

<@Cecilia> "I just wish that Clarke guy didn't keep talking to me," she said, frowning. "It makes it hard to hate him."

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, "Then you're more mature than most people here. Don't know what's up with Parker, but she'll come around. She's....I dunno, she seems pretty tough. And clever, too. Though she gives me this weird feeling...", he shrugged, "As for that Clarke....well, you dealt with it very well. And what's there to hate?"

<Eddie> "Consider it...", he explained, "...he was just a guy doing a job. When a Police officer arrests an unregistered mutant, he's just doing a job. No personal politics. It might seem very different, but....well...maybe, on some level, it isn't.", Eddie looked at her again, "They're not X-ers like you and me, they don't have the same ideals."

<Eddie> "It is those ideals that stand us apart, and in many ways above, people like Clarke.", he ended on.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "No... I guess it's better than if he did his job for shits and giggles...I just...I know what it is to lose someone to murder. I want to hate him for being at least partially responsible. But on the other hand I know people who have been given a second chance and did a lot with it...So I dunno. Lotta grey that I don't really like dealing with."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia didn't think it wise to comment on her interpretation of the X-Men's philosophy. It wasn't needed. "Thanks."

<Eddie> "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.", Eddie quoted, tapping his nose, "Old saying my Dad taught me. And damn good advice when you think about it.", he shrugged, "And you don't need to thank me for anything. You did a great job, and you make a damn fine member of this team - good to know this place'll be in such good hands when I leave."

<@Cecilia> "You're going?" She asked and damn, why was she a little sad at that? God, she was lonely without May. "It's a good saying. My dad used to say something similar. 'You'll always know what the right thing to do is. Because it'll always be the hardest thing to do.'" She shrugged. "I've been trying to impart that knowledge on my cousin. Mixed results so far..."

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, "He the little shit who's stealing the crappier name I came up with?", he snorted, "I always thought 'Spider-Man' sounded a little....I dunno...flimsy? That said, I hear Mayday's really making waves. Shame I never talked to her much: could have done with a protege...", he sighed, "Final year here. Studies done, so it's time to move on..."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "Hey, that's my familia you're talking about. And yes, he's a bit of a twat sometimes. But he's not too terrible."

<@Cecilia> "Well, any ideas on where you're moving on to?" She asked. "Gotta have a goal right?"

<Eddie> "Right now, it's as simple as this: live.", Eddie took a deep breath, "And it's still hard, but it'll come together. Police training is ongoing, government agents for my resume, and my Dad for financial support. I'll survive. Somehow..."

<@Cecilia> "Good plan," laughed Cecilia. "Good plan..."