11/19 Instance: Cock and Bull

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

11/19 Instance: Cock and Bull

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Not as Bad as it Could've Been

Fabian: Fabian glanced up at the name of the place, a few misgivings starting up because of it. "I really do wonder about what happened in a person's past to make them think that names such as this are a good idea."

Rachel: "Me neither... Though, it can't be all bad if they're still in business, right?" Rachel reasoned, looking from the shop's sign to Fabian with a hopeful expression.

Fabian: "Good point, I imagine health inspectors are extra diligent with this amount of nose thumbing." He nodded and grabbed the door, holding it open.

Rachel: "They were pretty brutal about hygiene and all that where I worked... Had to take health courses and everything," she replied as she stepped into the place and looked around, "I suppose we can only hope they did now."

Fabian: "Not knowing is half the fun!" Fabian assured her, stepping on in and having a glance around the place. "I mean, just imagine the kind of infections that could live here. It's like a germy buddy cop movie in my mind."

Rachel: Rachel pulled a face and shuddered at the thought because she could imagine. "Am I going to be their only victim, or are you up for something?"

Fabian: "You know about the last time I got a tattoo, yes?" He asked, laughing and scratching at his back just thinking about what was there. "I could be persuaded, what are you getting?"

Rachel: "I think I've heard a few things about it," she grinned, giving a dramatic sigh, "I suppose getting everything is out of the question, so I'll settle for having my septum re-pierced... and maybe a tattoo..."

Fabian: "Are you saying my bull tramp-stamp hasn't turned into some sort of cautionary tale that is whispered behind me everywhere I go? I'm disappointed." He eyed the piercing wall. Something about piercings seemed like a bad idea to him but also an amusing one. Decisions, decisions.

Rachel: She snorted, shaking her head, "Even if it was, I wouldn't have heeded the warning."

Fabian: "Of course not, it should be a recommendation. My tattoo is awesome." He would hear no opinions against that. "Anything you'd recommend?"

Rachel: "I prefer tattoos, but I've had a ton a piercings... I think out of all of them my favorite was my tongue and nose," she shrugged, shooting him a smirk, "It'll make hearing your own voice a bit difficult at first but worth it in the long run..."

Fabian: "I don't think the tongue is a good idea for me. Just imagine my accent with an added lisp." No, that could not happen. Fabian couldn't live with hearing his own voice and that would be a travesty.

Rachel: Rachel snickered at the idea of it, "I think it would be hilarious, but there's always just ear piercings too. ...Or another tattoo. I'm not sure you could top the bull though."

Fabian: "I don't know, lets see...what would the last thing you would think of me getting as a tattoo be?" He pondered it, a spark of evil coming to his mind as he did.

Rachel: "Hm..." Rachel glanced over to him, giving him a once-over as she debated. "A chicken."

Fabian: "...I can get by with a rooster, right?" He asked hopefully. "Do you think they'd go for a fake tattoo just so I could mess with Cecilia a little bit?" If this wasn't poking a bull with a fire cracker Fabian didn't know what was.

Rachel: "Sure," she nodded, thinking over a fake one, "I'm sure they could just put the stencil on... If not, I can when we get back." Then, she realized what she'd just offered. Blinking, she looked back to him, "Wait... She won't come antagonize me afterward, will she?"

Fabian: "I know she has a bit of a history for that but I'm pretty sure she could take that much of a joke. She'd probably find the rooster amusing as well. She'd only be angry if it were a real one." He gave a chuckle. "You should have heard what she thought about the situation leading to the bull."

Rachel: "Oh? It wasn't too bad, I hope," Rachel raised an eyebrow as she stepped up to the counter.

Fabian: "No, just a moment of overreaction and then a talk on responsibility and not letting people choose a tattoo for me when I'm drunk ever again and how dare they."

Rachel: "I like to think of drunken tattoos as memories to be cherished forever," she grinned and looked back to the woman at the counter, informing her of what she wanted. Once she went to have a stationed readied, Rachel looked back to Fabian, "I think Josh ceased to be surprised when I came home with another tattoo after a certain point."

Fabian: "They absolutely are, even if you can't quite remember." He smirked back, glancing over the designs as Rachel got ready. "I like to think that probably just made it more fun, yes? Just a little surprise each time. I'm afraid I don't know much about how Josh was though."

Rachel: "It was pretty much 'oh, you got another one' for a while. Then, we got ones together for my birthday one year, and he just applauded me for being able to go through with it repeatedly from then on," she said as she took a seat in the chair she'd been directed to.

Rachel: Rachel continued, despite the dull ache that came when talking about him, "At the risk of sounding completely ridiculous... He was a bit overdramatic and had a temper." Words that could also be used to describe her. "Otherwise, he was pretty great. Far more chill than I was, funny, cute, best drinking buddy ever. …Let me know when it starts to sound biased."

Fabian: "No worry, I can filter bias out pretty well and everyone needs a good drinking buddy. If you don't have a good one that's how you get into joining AA or something of the like." Fabian could just imagine sitting through one of those meetings and he damned his imagination for allowing him to do that.

Fabian: That...was a glorious rooster and Fabian could not wait to get it scrawled across his chest. "Speaking of, drinks after this?"

Rachel: "It may make my marriage sound totally unhealthy, but we drank... for just about every occasion. In fact, neither of us were sober when we agreed to get married," Rachel shook her head, eying the person readying the needle. Please... don't give me some infection or disease... "Definitely. If Cecilia doesn't take the joke well, it may help to have some shots in me."

Fabian: "Was she bad enough at Thanksgiving to make you wary?" Fabian asked, now quite curious and sort of sad that he had missed it. "And that sounds like my kind of engagement, it worked out pretty well."

Rachel: "Oh, it was totally romantic. 'Let's get married for the tax deductions'... 'Okay'..." she nodded sagely, "Thanksgiving isn't quite the only run-in we've had. She laid into me about... the circumstances surrounding y'know... in that place..." That was vague enough people wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about, right?

Fabian: That kind of marriage made sense to Fabian at least. It was a decision he would have went along with. He frowned, however, as Rachel continued. "She came to talk to you about that?"

Rachel: Rachel opened her mouth to reply but paused when they were actually ready to pierce her septum. It didn't take too long and was relatively painless, in her opinion. She wrinkled her nose a bit as she listened to the aftercare instructions, trying to answer again once she was out of the chair, "She came to make sure I wasn't going to go back on my word."

Fabian: Fabian couldn't help but grouse just a little bit, not really liking the idea of being checked up on like that in a way. "Well, luckily there's nothing to worry about there."

Rachel: "There's not," she nodded. She couldn't say she'd been all that pleased about it either, however... "It was mainly a 'she cares about you' thing."

Fabian: "...that's sweet and I sort of want to throw up a little bit all at the same time."

Rachel: Rachel laughed, "Well, she didn't say it was, but it was obvious."

Fabian: "That makes it a little bit better then...she's still getting the rooster though."

Rachel: "It totally gives you a reason to tell her to look at your cock."

Fabian: "...you're brilliance. I'm buying your first few rounds." Fabian decided, taking his seat for the work of art.

Rachel: She found a wall to lean against while they prepared to place the stencil on him, grinning, "I try."