11/19 Instance: Maybe It IS You?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/19 Instance: Maybe It IS You?

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined December 7th.

<Jessica> Hat on securely, scarf wrapped around her neck, coat buttoned all the way up and gloves to keep her fingers warm, Jess finally felt prepared to brave the cold. And today there were no voices outside so that was a bonus. She slipped out and closed the door behind her, flying rather than walking so she didn't get all wet in the snow.

<@Hisako> Shuffling could be heard near the mansion, as in the snow stood Ichiki Hisako, going through ritualistic combat motions with her wooden bokken. Jet black hair and dress against the white sheet blanketing the grounds, she held each stance with a grace befitting of maximum focus and precision, pausing as she spotted Jessica approaching.

<Jessica> Jess paused too, watching her. She landed a little way off and approached the other girl, "Your technique is excellent."

<@Hisako> With a satisfied hum, Hisako finished her motions, sliding her bokken away and bowing slowly before turning to Jessica, "Wado Ryu: Kihon Kata.", she said stoically, "Beginner moves. Nothing very fancy.", she shrugged, "But all great Art start with small strokes."

<Jessica> Jess smiled and nodded, "How long have you studied?" She held her hat on as a gust of cold wind tried to steal it.

<@Hisako> Hisako glanced away in thought, flicking her hair aside as the breeze passed through it, "Since I was old enough to stand, I think. As long as I remember.", she shrugged again, "I cannot recall time without my training. My lifestyle revolves around it.", she gave Jessica an inquiring look, "You live here, too?"

<Jessica> She nodded, "Yeah... since February.... you're new, I guess... from your accent.... Kyoto?" She had no idea how she knew that but whatever.

<@Hisako> "Impressive.", Hisako's eyebrow remained raised, "You are good with languages?"

<Jessica> She nodded, "Yeah... well I think so... I get surprised regularly... been having a few.... memory issues. So, try me." She gave a shrug.

<@Hisako> "日本語を話すか?", Hisako asked her, a little smile forming.

<@Hisako> ((Translate: 'You speak Japanese'?))

<Jessica> Jess blinked, "<Apparently I do. How about that?>" She laughed.

<@Hisako> Hisako smiled again, <"Very good. How about a name now, perhaps?">

<Jessica> "Jessica Drew." She introduced herself with a polite bow, the movements coming naturally to her.

<@Hisako> With her own bow, the raven-haired girl introduced herself, too: "Ichiki Hisako.", she pondered the other girl's name, "Drew....The Troublemaker?", she mused.

<Jessica> Jess raised an eyebrow, "Trouble maker?" Oh crap who had she been talking to?

<@Hisako> "I am room mate with Reyes and....Penny.", Hisako explained, "Reyes is....bad with you?"

<Jessica> Jess facepalmed. She decided to opt for Japanese so that nothing got lost in translation or haste. "<Yeah... we don't really get along... please don't judge me harshly by anything she might have told you... I promise I'm not really that bad...>"

<@Hisako> With her hand over her mouth, Hisako giggled to herself a little, <"You are not my enemy, you have not upset me.">, she assured Jessica, <"Are you cold, Drew-san?">

<Jessica> "<Yes. Extremely.>" She nodded, but smiled, "<My powers don't mix well with cold weather. However, they do mix well with tea. Would you like some?>"

<@Hisako> <"Already prepared.">, Hisako gestured to the door with her head, stepping up onto the veranda and kicking snow off of her boots. <"I made a ther-mos of green tea for after practice hour.">

<Jessica> "<Good thinking. It's especially important in this weather.>" She tapped the snow off her own shoes after flying the rest of the way to avoid getting more damp.

<@Hisako> Departing for the kitchen and taking two small cups, Hisako prepared them both some tea, careful not to spill any from the thermos, <"You can fly.">, she mentioned, nodding and turning to present the cup to Jessica, <"What other power?">

<Jessica> Jess took off her hat, coat, scarf and gloves before sitting down, then she accepted the cup with a smile, "<I have quite a long list...>"

<@Hisako> Hisako placed her bokken on the kitchen table, taking a cup and settling down beside Jessica, <"A long list? Many powers?"> she sipped a little of her tea, smiling at the scent of her home in its aroma.

<Jessica> She nodded, enjoying the scent of the tea herself. It reminded her of happier times. "<Flight was one of the last to manifest, actually... I've been able to stick to walls and things since I was very small. I'm... much stronger than I look, my hearing is hundreds of times better than average... actually all my senses are amped up."

<Jessica> "I can generate electricity..." She let go of the cup with one hand to push some energy into it and make it glow green to demonstrate, "And I release a pheromone which I seem to have poor control over so... sorry in advance, just in case."

<@Hisako> <"Many powers...">, Hisako nodded again, <"I only have this....">, she made a confused sound, <"Can show you!">, she stood up and stepped away from Jessica.

<Jessica> Jess sipped her tea and turned to look, cocking her head on one side. "<Sure... knock yourself out.... just not literally...>"

<@Hisako> <"Terrible humour.">, Hisako scoffed with a grin, raising her hand and spawning an opaque, glowing instance of 'hard light' in the shape of a square. It hummed gently as it floated, completely still, in front of her. "Ta-daa!",

<Jessica> "<Oh! That's pretty cool!>" She reached out to poke it, pausing just short of doing so, "<May I?>"

<@Hisako> Hisako shrugged, trying to concentrate on keeping the instance there - she wasn't sure how, but she knew that if she didn't focus, it would disapate.

<Jessica> Jess grinned and prodded it, "<So... it's like forcefields? There's a couple of girls here that do that already. Cecilia's one of them, the other one is a blonde girl called Sue Storm. She's been helping Cecilia with hers from what I hear.>"

<@Hisako> <"Practice would be good.">, Hisako agreed, the forcefield flittering out of existence, <"Strange. It was different that day...a cube, not square..">, she raised both hands, creating a small cube between them which slowly rotated, "Yataa!", she laughed, <"Shapes! I can make shapes!">

<Jessica> Jess laughed and applauded her, "<See? Being here's already paying off! You'll be making all kinds of crazy shapes before you even know it.>"

<@Hisako> Composing herself, Hisako dispersed her little shape and sat back down, still smiling, <"Drew-san, you seem a good person. Why argue with Reyes?">

<Jessica> "<Honestly? I don't even know anymore...>" She shook her head, "<I'm frustrated, she's frustrated... she doesn't appreciate my sense of humour and drags up all this stuff that doesn't matter whenever we talk about it. I would rather just say 'Look, that all happened and now it's in the past so can we move on?' But moving on is hard...>"

<@Hisako> <"The better person is first to back down. Realizing that fighting is ultimately destructive.">, Hisako explained, sipping some more tea, <"Surely you both realize that this house cannot stand while its foundation, the family, are divided?">

<Jessica> "<I have moved out of the building and taken to avoiding most of the people in it. I don't think I can back down much further. I will just wait until it all blows over and try again in a month or so.... I don't want to fight with everyone. It's exhausting.>"

<@Hisako> Hisako shook her head, <"They probably think you ran away. Remember, it is not just what we say and do, but how it is percieved, that builds meaning.">

<Jessica> "<Well I was already in the boathouse before all the yelling... I was without powers for a while and since they've been coming back I've been struggling to sleep in this place with my hearing... I can't remember how I used to shut it all out. I don't know... I'm out of ideas with how to explain myself to them. And I shouldn't have to keep doing that, there's only so many times you can go over the same issue...>"

<@Hisako> <"My grandmother said to me: 'Approach hard issues with people as if you are in the wrong. Search only for your own shortcomings, as they are the ones you may fix'.">, Hisako persisted, glancing at Jessica, <"You come across as if you are justified in simply doing nothing. Apologize for your shortcommings, do not complain of theirs.">

<Jessica> "<I did apologise... it wasn't well received...>" she frowned, "<I'm just going to leave it alone for now and let everyone have some time to cool down - myself included. I have a job interview tomorrow and it's my birthday today so I'm taking time for myself so I can focus on that and not give myself any more problems.>"

<@Hisako> Hisako sipped some more tea, <"Understandable. And Happy Birthday, Jessica.">, she smiled a little at her.

<Jessica> Jess smiled back, "<Thank you.>" she glanced around the kitchen, "<Hmm... I have no idea what to do with the rest of my day. I think I might go to the Danger Room and train for a little while...>"

<@Hisako> <"I must still see this 'Danger Room'">, Hisako hummed, <"Can I come?">

<Jessica> "<Of course you can, it'd be nice to have some company... maybe we could spar a little if you feel like it?>" She finished her tea and got to her feet.

<@Hisako> Hisako, too, finished hers and nodded, <"After you, Drew-san.">