11/18: Caller ID

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

11/18: Caller ID

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

<Jean> Aside from the discovery of the pot, there didn't seem to be anything interesting in Cessily's office. In fact, now that people believed she wasn't this Kincaid girl, Jean didn't need to be in here at all. But, she was nosy. And bored. Really bored.

*RING RING* *RING RING*

<Jean> Jean had a piece of the girl's candy hanging from the corner of her mouth, spinning slowly in the chair using her teke. She halted the chair and stared at the phone.

<Jean> She shouldn't answer it, should she? But... it might be entertaining. Entertainment wasn't worth getting up for, however. She used her teke to lift the handset and float it to her hand. "Hey?"

<....> "Hello, Cess?" the voice asked. "Been trying to call you last week on your cellphone but it keeps putting me on voicemail."

<Jean> "I'm not Cess, I'm Jean." Or, maybe not so entertaining. "Who're you?"

<....> "Im sorry... what? Where's Cess? Can you put her on the phone, please." the voice asked.

<Jean> "I can't. She's, um, like, missing or something." Jean twirled a long lock of hair around her finger.

<....> "Missing? Since when?" the voice gave an exasperated sigh, "What happened this time? Zombies? Bombers? Psychotic kidnapping scientists?"

<Jean> "Um, they don't know? Like, you sound like you know her..." Maybe she should be telling somebody?

<....> "Look, since when was she missing?"

<Jean> "They don't seem to know that either... everybody thought I was her. I was sorta kidnapped by a psychotic doctor."

<....> "Why would they think you were her? Are you silver? Okay... I'm sorry to hear that. Now how long have you been gone? Being kidnapped I mean. Just give me a guestimate, that'll probably be around the time she's been gone." the voice rattled on trying to get information.

<Jean> "No, but I have red hair..." Jean paused. "Who are you? You should probably talk to one of the teachers..."

<....> "No, leave it, just tell me one thing, do you think she's been gone for more than two weeks? Three weeks? A month?" it could be heard that the person on the other side was moving, opening and closing things, even the jingle of keys was in the background.

<Jean> "A month, give or take..." it was weirding her out now that this guy wouldn't tell her who he was. She reached out with her telepathy, but ... got nothing. "How do I know you aren't the kidnapper, or some crazy scientist bomber or something?" She rose, going to the door and reaching out with her mind to see who was nearby.

<....> "Give or take a month?! Geeze.." the voice swore several times as the phone was shuffled, "Jane? You there? I gotta go, it's bloody clear that place is going slowly backwards. Listen, do me a favor, try and find a different job, you're not a very good substitute counselor." and with that the phone went dead.

<Jean> Jean heard the click and stared down at the handset. "Huh." She should really go tell somebody. Shifting the candy in her mouth, she went back into the office. Not a very good counselor. "Huumph."