11/12 Instance: The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

11/12 Instance: The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Get Out of Jail Free Card

Rachel: Rachel quickly made her way back to McDonald's for Bobby, feeling a bit bad about leaving him them for a good chunk of the evening. She flicked the cigarette butt to the curb, scrubbing at her face with a hand as she pulled the door open. She had to look fairly rough, but she had just gotten out of prison. Spotting him, she headed over to the table, "That took longer than I expected."

Bobby: Bobby hadn't been terribly upset at all. McDonald's had a television, a play room, food, and toys. Sucking on his straw, he was kicked back in a corner, the table in front of him littered with wrappers and containers. He ran a toy skateboard over a small obstacle course set up on a plastic tray. "No prob, Sunshine."

Bobby: He glanced up at her, then looked again, removing the straw from his mouth...it was well-chewed. "You okay?"

Rachel: "I will be as soon as I have a happy meal," she answered as she spotted the toy, heading up to place her order. Once she'd acquired the food and drink, she dropped into a chair across from him, opening the box. Chicken nuggets, fries, apples... When the hell did they start giving away apples? Right, toy!

Bobby: "I've got, like, at least one of every sauce open somewhere around here if we look for it," he nodded, sitting up to poke through the debris.

Rachel: "Finding the honey mustard would be awesome," Rachel replied. Spotting a container, she pulled it to her and frowned. Nope, ranch. She stuffed a fry in her mouth while she poked about some more.

Bobby: Bobby picked one up... it was mustardy. He gave it a sniff and put it down. Hot mustard. Nose twinging, he rubbed it, then sneezed, barely catching himself to sneeze down his shirt.

Rachel: She cringed at the sneeze and ignored the attention it drew, not that there were many people around at the moment. "Bless you, also victory!" she opened the container of chicken nuggets, dipped one in the sauce she'd found, and took a bite. Then, she reached for her drink. "Nobody bothered you or anything?"

Bobby: "Thanks!" Bobby rubbed his face one more time and gave up the search, sinking back down into the booth to resume sucking and nomming on his drink. "Please, like anybody would hassle me. I'm terrifying."

Rachel: Rachel snorted and pushed the hood off her head once she realized she hadn't done so yet. "Definitely, even while playing with the toy."

Bobby: "Even more so." Bobby narrowed his eyes in his best mean look and nodded. With her messy hair bared, he looked around the restaurant. Now hopefully nobody would connect this redhead with the one on the news...

Rachel: She snickered as she worked to smooth her hair out, slumping down in the booth to get more comfortable. She reached for her fries, "I wasn't overly worried about you, really. You would scare them off with that look."

Bobby: "Plus I'm a professional superhero these days..." He grinned, chewing the straw in the corner of his mouth. "So... you, uh, take care of what you were here for?"

Rachel: "That helps as well," Rachel gave a grin back. Chewing on the straw, she gave a nod as she glanced out the window, "Yeah... Dad only lives a block or so from here."

Bobby: "Your dad, huh?" Bobby's nose wrinkled, and he was reminded he needed to call his. For Thanksgiving, at least. "There's nothing more awkward than that 'sorry I'm a terrorist' post-jail talk," he said with a nod.

Rachel: "Yeah... It was... pretty uncomfortable. Especially about Josh... and the 'have you told your mother' bit..." she gave a shrug, "I survived the whole conversation with the help of cheap beer."

Bobby: "Natty Lite cures all that ails you," he chuckled. "Have you? Told your mother?"

Rachel: Rachel shook her head, reaching for a fry, "Nope."

Bobby: "Oh, yay. So that means you get to do this twice?" He reached over and snatched a fry.

Rachel: She slid the carton of fries to the middle of the table, not particularly fussed over sharing. "Well, I didn't plan on it. I mean, we haven't really talked since... around when I got married..."

Bobby: "Aaah, one of those." He nodded. "I was disowned... for a while there." Searching out where he'd hidden that hot mustard, he dipped another fry.

Rachel: "Really?" she raised an eyebrow as she pulled the package of apples open. "And, yeah, one of those... I think I could deal with the whole terrorist bit, but I don't really have any desire to talk to her about Josh."

Bobby: "Yeah. My dad thought I should marry a nice, non-mutant girl and be an accountant. He still hates Dee." He snorted, picking at her fries. "She not like Joshy?"

Rachel: "Not really. She's not exactly mutant-friendly either," Rachel shook her head.

Bobby: "Fuckin' amazing isn't it? Got mutant kids and freaked out by mutants." Bobby looked out the window as well, sighing.

Rachel: "Yeah, it is..." Rachel snorted, reaching for her drink. After a long gulp, she gave a shrug, "Things went well enough, I suppose."

Bobby: "Which things?" he snorted. "If your dad is the good one and your mom is the bitch -- no offense, and by the way totally opposite of my folks, so yay symmetry! -- it's only gone half well enough."

Rachel: "Definitely none taken," she managed a slight grin and shrugged, "I didn't exactly plan on doing the telling her part."

Bobby: "Oh." He picked up another fry, nibbling it. "You're just going to let her see you on the news?" He paused. "Not that she... already... hasn't." Bobby just stopped there.

Rachel: "Yeah... It'd be a bit hard to miss me..." Rachel finished off the chicken nuggets, biting down on her lip as she thought. After a moment, she continued, "If I did... I wouldn't even know where to begin. It's been almost four years since we spoke... Well, and... I don't know if I could handle it. Not yet, anyway."

Rachel: She blew out a breath, "And considering I don't know what to do about half of my family, I sure as hell don't know how to deal with Josh's..."

Bobby: "I was wondering about that... I mean, we could have, but Chuck... we weren't sure we should interfere any more." Bobby licked his lips, toying with the mini skateboard.

Rachel: "I've never really met his parents..." Rachel admitted as she tucked some hair behind her ear, "I know his brother though."

Bobby: "Yeah? Maybe you could talk to him then?" Bobby rolled the toy back and forth with his index finger.

Rachel: She started stuffing the trash into the happy meal box with a sigh, "He's kinda an asshole, but I guess I should."

Bobby: "Even if they weren't close, you have kind of been, um, all over the news. If they knew you, and your face and name..."

Rachel: "I'll have to get on that tomorrow or something." Rachel glanced back out the window, scooping up her own toy to place in the pocket of her jacket, "You want to get out of here?"

Bobby: "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow," he sang, scraping up the massive mess they'd made on the table. "You're only a day a-way!"

Rachel: Rachel laughed as she slid from the booth, pulling the hood back over her head before reaching for her cup. "Vito's on the way back for 'not being stuck in prison' drinks?"

Bobby: "Those are indeed the best kind of drinks." Bobby dropped the pile into the trash and grabbed his own cup and toy. Running the skateboard over her shoulder, he flipped it into the air and caught it on their way out the door.