11/12 Instance: Twats

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/12 Instance: Twats

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Forgot The Jello

<@Cecilia> Rogue had stayed with Cecilia until she was calm enough to be on her own without going into hysterics and since then Cecilia had tried her best to calm down by having a shower and lying down but so far, she wasn't having much luck. She was still on edge. Every noise, however small, made her jump.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia put down her book, sighing. She'd read the same paragraph five times now. It was time to call it quits and just be an honest nervous wreck.

<Fabian> It was opening night as it were for the newly rebuilt Hellfire Club and Fabian was dressed for it, suited up and walking along happily enough to pick up Cecilia. With it being a relaunch there would be more people there and he had hopes seeing the twitty little debutantes that weren't really real Hellfire material would put her at ease.

<Fabian> He knocked on her door, dusting down his jacket and waited for her to answer.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia flinched so badly she actually dropped her book... well, threw it up in fear, would be a more accurate description. She crept over to the locked door. "Y-Yes?" Oh God, please let this be Darren or Rogue. Hell, it could be Hope for all she cared. Just not Jess.

<Fabian> "Hey Cee, are you free tonight?" Fabian asked, a bit confused as to why she didn't just open the door and also confused as to why it was apparently locked in the first place as he turned the knob.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed in relief. Oh thank the good lord she didn't believe in it was Fabian. She unlocked the door and opened it to reveal herself. Broken face and sweatpants, in all its glory.

<Fabian> "....what the hell happened to you? It looks like you lost a war with gravity." Fabian was as subtle as ever but he did at least look concerned.

<@Cecilia> "Jess h-happened," said Cecilia miserably. Eying the hallway nervously. "Uh, c-come in, please. I don't r-really feel comfortable l-leaving the door unlocked." She stepped back to let him in and as soon as he was in the threshold, slammed the door and locked it.

<Fabian> "What?" Fabian asked as he was hurried in, now more confused as ever as he watched Cecilia lock the door behind him. "What do you mean? What on earth did she do?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia motioned to the bed, sitting down herself. "We had a f-fight. A huge fight over some things that h-happened at the Thanksgiving dinner...it c-came to blows." She took in Fabian's suit. "Y-You're all dressed up. G-Going somewhere special?" Christ was he going out on a date or something? Shit.

<Fabian> "...Why in the hell would some holiday fight come to this?" Fabian just simply wasn't comprehending as he still took the results of the fight in. "Huh? Oh, I'd come over here to talk you into coming to the Hellfire Club with me for it's reopening, but I think we can forget that, I doubt you feel much up to it."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed weakly. "Uh, no, not r-really. I'm sorry...I don't think some make-up will cover this up." Not a date then. Good. "Er, I guess I should s-start at the beginning..."

<@Cecilia> "B-Basically at Thanksgiving I sorta wrecked people's n-night by getting mad at Rachel. I had a bit of a rant over intent vs. action. You know how I feel about that...that what really happened outweighs intent...Anyways, I was applying that to Rachel...but somehow Kevin got mixed up in this because he decided that moment was the moment he was going to reveal he accidentally killed his father while manifesting his powers..."

<@Cecilia> "S-Somehow Jess decided that by condemning Rachel I was also condemning Kevin. She came up to me today in the rec room and demanded an apology...I had no idea what she was talking about at first. Once I did I explained my feelings on intent vs. action. Even used the example of degrees of manslaughter, first and second degree murder etc."

<@Cecilia> "She...p-punched me right in the face..." She said, indicating her nose. "It's not broken, but it was bleeding a lot."

<Fabian> "...That stupid...what? It's not even the same thing!" Logic, there was none! Not one bit of logic was applied to this situation and Fabian was having trouble coming up with something more hollow-headed than this.

<Fabian> "I mean..." Fabian found himself actually at a loss for words from the sheer stupidity that was this whole ordeal. "How the hell does intent or actions figure into something that was clearly an accident? She's just thinking with her cunt! And I would have thought it saw more bloodflow than what this would lead me to believe!"

<Fabian> "Hell, I had to do my part to make things right, so will she, so I don't even know what she's arguing."

<@Cecilia> "T-Truthfully? I doubt it was really about that...I think she was mad that I teased her about Kevin and her being a couple. I could be wrong. But well, I dunno..." She made a face. "That's really gross, Fabian."

<@Cecilia> "A-Anyways, I tried to leave...but she grabbed my arm and wouldn't let me go...I eventually had to push her off with a forcefield...But not before...I said some pretty uncomplimentary things..." She looked away, suddenly ashamed. So much for change .

<@Cecilia> "She called me a m-misery to everyone around me, said I had no heart and that I was a psychopath..." She said, depressed.

<Fabian> "...she's the one that's throwing around the word psychopath? Really? She attacked you and then wouldn't let you get away!" Sense, there was none! "And it's gross but true and she can suck it up about teasing, she expected you to do it when she was teasing you about me didn't she?"

<Fabian> Now Fabian was an asshole but at least he tried to be consistent about it, he was changeable and fickle about everything else but it was fairly easy to figure out his triggers into assholeland. "I hope to hell you did say something."

<@Cecilia> "I did and I shouldn't have!" Cried Cecilia. "I really fucking shouldn't have because I pressed all her buttons and when she finally did let me go and I could've just left I had to put in a parting shot about her needing mental help!" Cecilia groaned. "She threw a vase at me. I'm not sure now if it was aimed but at the time..."

<@Cecilia> "...But it didn't matter to me then. I fucking lost it," she said, ashamed and embarrassed. "I waited till her back was turned and threw a forcefield on her as hard as I could. I knocked her right down the stairs!"

<Fabian> "Well, sometimes the truth hurts and she needs to suck it up. You are allowed to get angry, you know, just because you do have an anger problem doesn't mean you're not entitled to feel the emotion and act on it once in a while now...I mean, yeah, maybe the forcefield down the stairs wasn't the best thing to do but hell!"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "I threw everything I worked for out the fucking window...I didn't even care. I made sure I sucker punched her. I did it with venom and I enjoyed it!" She cried, agonized.

<@Cecilia> "I got what was coming to me too! Which shows just how stupid what I did was! She kicked my ass. My shields didn't make a damn difference. She shocked me, twice. Pulled me down the stairs and was gonna fucking finish me off when Rogue and Darren broke it up and dragged us to the medlab!"

<@Cecilia> She covered her face. "You must think I'm the worst kind of hypocrite!" She sniffed, too ashamed to even look at him.

<Fabian> "Why would I think you're a hypocrite for this? I can't say it wasn't deserved on her part. She just jumped you with a bunch of assumptions and apparently thinks you must bow down to her opinions. Fuck that, you're allowed to dislike whoever you want for whatever they did."

<Fabian> "I mean, people are allowed to point out when you're being unreasonable but this time I can't say that it was you being unreasonable, she just didn't like hearing what you had to say about the fact. I mean, what Kevin did was an accident, I'd assume considering it was a manifestation he had no idea what would happen. He literally didn't do anything."

<Fabian> "Me? I helped do all kinds of shit and I expected to get crap for it and I did. Hell, I'll still get a few little digs and so forth but since I've at least done something to make things better people come around. Why should anyone expect it to be any different for Rachel? Rachel herself doesn't seem to think it should be from what I've heard from her."

<Fabian> "So no, I'd say you have your beliefs on the matter and you stuck by them. That's sort of the opposite of being a hypocrite."

<@Cecilia> "I never said he did...but I did say he was still accountable. It's true!" She defended. "Yes what happened was a terrible accident that no-one could've forseen! But the result is still the same...I'm not saying intent doesn't matter. But some people here seem to think it's all that matters!"

<@Cecilia> "And thanks...for agreeing with me. Rachel agreed with me too when I spoke to her..." She sighed. "People keep pulling our friendship in these arguments, y'know..."

<Fabian> "I think people think that taking responsibility and being accountable automatically means being punished. I don't really think what he did could even be seen as an action, just a result and I think he does hold himself pretty accountable it seems...so yeah, I think she's just being defensive because shit's being pointed out about someone she happens to be fond of."

<Fabian> "If she wanted to talk to you about it she should have been reasonable, not rush in and make demands of you. It's childish and just proves she's not actually thinking about what's being talked about, just an emotional response." He shook his head. "And what shit's being said about me now?"

<@Cecilia> "Oh for fuck's sake..." she said, facepalming but wincing as soon as she did it. "People bring up us being friends whenever they think I'm being uncharitable...It happens with Bobby too, but a little less often..."

<@Cecilia> "I'm not saying I'm not uncharitable sometimes. I am. I was as much of a shit to Eddie and Clarice as they were to me. I'm not saying I'm perfect. I'm just...I get really annoyed when people bring you up in those conversations...So in a way, I can see why Jess was upset."

<Fabian> "I don't particularly like the idea that you not disliking me on principle and going as far to consider me a friend is charity personally. Who wants a charity friend?" He wrinkled his nose at the very notion of it. "I mean, granted, when there's an actual reason I'll remind you but...there's no reason here that you should have to go any more easier on a person."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "I could've...should've walked away. I wish I had then I'd not be partially responsible.."

<@Cecilia> She eyed Fabian. "I'm not your friend out of the goodness of my heart. Oh fuck....sorry! I don't mean it like...What I mean to say is I'm not doing you a favour here. I never forgave you. There wasn't anything to forgive!"

<@Cecilia> "I became friends with you because you were nice to me. I enjoy your company. You make me laugh. You're smart, I can talk to you..." She shrugged. "I don't think anyone who's friends with you is a charity friend. You're a fun person and you're really nice once someone gets to know you."

<Fabian> "You tried to walk away, there's only so far a person should be pushing someone else without expecting the person to push back. You did good." Fabian knew about snapping from too much pushing and he couldn't say he blamed Cecilia much at all considering all this.

<Fabian> "I don't think you think of me like that, I more meant others thinking that...you are absolutely biased, though." He smirked towards her.

<@Cecilia> "Yeah and I don't have a lot of goodness in my heart either so..." She laughed. "Yeah? Well maybe I am a bit. It's impossible not to be. You're biased, I'm biased and everyone's an asshole sometimes."

<@Cecilia> "I'm...disappointed in myself I guess...It's like I could see the finish line, all I had to do was cross...and I ran in the other direction..." She shrugged. "I thought you might...be angry with me..."

<Fabian> "Please, you have plenty of goodness." His eyes rolled. "You just make sure people earn it. Jess doesn't know you so I don't know why she thinks she has any information to form an opinion there so don't listen to a word of what she said...and I'm not biased, I'm right." He smirked again.

<Fabian> "I'm not going to be angry with you when from what I can see your anger was pretty fairly earned. I mean, I think some of what you might've said wasn't the best to tell her perhaps but I don't know the whole story and she shouldn't have crammed her face into business that wasn't hers and she needed to hear some of that, too."

<Fabian> "Because, lets face it, she whines so much she should be keeping Dr. Guan in business until the woman dies. At least you're being responsible for your problems, yes?" He shook his head. "But don't beat yourself up over what you wanted to do differently then, it's pointless."

<Fabian> "You've obviously learned so that's done, remember it for next time."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged. "I don't think she's going to get much choice in seeing Dr. Guan- I wasn't. Maybe some good will come out of this. Just like with my rock fiasco. If I hadn't lost my shit I might never have changed and I seriously needed it."

<@Cecilia> "In any case we're both in deep shit. I'm not sure what we're gonna have to do as punishment...I'm just hoping she doesn't come back to dish out more to me. She was fucking brutal! I've never seen anyone move like that. She's like a goddamn ninja..." She shuddered. She was still scared for tonight. She didn't relish the idea of Jess creeping in a killing her while she slept.

<Fabian> "If she does then that is definitely an attack and I don't think you'd have to worry about her staying here then...I don't think she's going to actually attack you though, she'd have to be incredibly stupid." His eyes flickered up to the vent just for a moment. "Want company?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia eyed the vent too. God, could Jess actually fit in there? She didn't want to know..."YES," she said, empathetically. "I mean, yes, if you're not doing anything else." Fuck, that sounded desperate. But really she was fucking terrified...

<Fabian> "Well, I'm definitely not showing up to the Club reopening without someone so I'd say this is where I'll be spending the night." He laughed, toeing off his shoes now that he was definitely staying.

<@Cecilia> "Can we have a pajama party?" Said Cecilia, only half joking. "And stay up...uh, all night? Cause I'm...sorta not looking forward to sleeping. At all..." She eyed the door. Ninjas...

<Fabian> "You mean you don't want me to stay in my suit?" Fabian held onto the lapels of his jacket, smirking. "Of course we can."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia raised her eyebrows. "Very classy. But the wrong attire for my party, senor." She laughed. "Great, cause I was gonna just sleep under the bed if you were going out."

<Fabian> "In that case you should know I sleep in the nude." Even though he knew she knew better since the sleepwalking incident Fabian couldn't resist.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia turned completely red. "But...you..." No, they'd fallen asleep in costume on Hallo'ween. Oh Christ maybe he really...Wait, he'd been in sleepwear when they'd first met. "You jerk," she finished, mouth twisting a bit in an effort not to smile.

<Fabian> "I know, I'm horrible." Fabian just grinned wide. "I'll go get something to change into, okay?" He pointed his thumb back to the door as he stood up.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked a bit nervous at being left alone. "Okay...I'm locking the door behind you though. Just so you know. If you're coming back under duress we should have a codeword too..."

<Fabian> "Would you prefer to just come with me?" Fabian was a bit confused as to why she was so nervous but he might as well offer. "The other option is you just deal with the boxers I have on."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia turned even redder. "If Penny came in when you were like that we'd never hear the end of the rumours...plus it'd be really awkward...." She got up. "I'll come. I can just wait in the hall..."

<Fabian> "Fiiiine, no fun." he teased and got the door. "Like you wouldn't karate chop at it if I even thought bad thoughts."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia turned even redder. "Fabian!" She said, equal parts amused and mortified. "What the fuck? I used to be Catholic, are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" God! She ran ahead," You're gross!"

<Fabian> Fabian just followed after her, really quite proud of himself.

<@Cecilia> "Why?!" Exclaimed Cecilia, dramatically. "You say these things and I need brain bleach just to get through a normal conversation with you!" She stopped at Fabian's door.

<Fabian> "It's fun." He shrugged, opening the door and sliding in for his closet and grabbing his things. "Anything else I should grab?"

<@Cecilia> "Mouthwash, because you have a dirty mouth," said Cecilia, laughing. "You're a nightmare!"

<Fabian> "I'll just ready my whole overnight bag then." He couldn't help it, he had to keep going now and he did, indeed, prepare all of his toiletries, wrapping them up in a towel.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "You're presumptuous!" She laughed, taking the opportunity to harass him.

<Fabian> "Presumptuous would be grabbing the condoms, this is just taking advantage of showering in your bathroom and brushing my teeth tonight."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia facepalmed again and winced in pain again. "Dammit! Stop making me do that!" She ran ahead. "I ain't no hussy!" She yelled over her shoulder.

<Fabian> "Hence why I didn't pack them!" He called out after her, shutting his door and hurrying after her. "And you know what I think of the whole puritanical thought process on 'hussy' and all that anyway."

<@Cecilia> "I know, I know!" Said Cecilia, happy to move on from this topic. "So, what shall we do first? Risk? Popcorn?"

<Fabian> "You're the injured party, this time, it's your decision. That's how it's been working so far." He leaned against the wall by her door, waiting for it to be unlocked.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia ran into her room. "Hmm, maybe checkers? I like checkers."

<Fabian> "Checkers it is, though at some point tonight you will be getting some rest." He waggled a finger, heading in after her.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia rolled her eyes. "What're you my mother?" She set up the board on her bed and settled down crossed legged. "You and I have a knack for pissing people off, don't we?" She snorted.

<Fabian> "You have a knack, I have an art. And yes, I look exactly like your mother."

<Fabian> He took a seat across from her on the bed and started lining up the pieces. "I'm just warning you you're going to be exhausted running yourself ragged like this."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "You're not older than me!" She laughed. "Are you? What day's your birthday? I know we're born the same year..."

<Fabian> "May 13th." Fabian shrugged, not knowing what age had to do with being right.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia's eyes widened. "You're kidding me. I'm May 5th!" Oh God, this was too perfect. "I'm just over a week older than you!" She smirked. "That's crazy! What're the chances?"

<Fabian> "...you're going to rub this in terribly, aren't you?" He narrowed his eyes accusingly.

<@Cecilia> "What's wrong? Don't like being younger than me by eight days?" She teased. "I gotta have something on you. You're right all the time, remember?"

<Fabian> "I could accuse you of corrupting youth now though. j'Accuse!"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "Thought you didn't like French," she laughed. "And I could accuse you of corrupting me!" She laughed.

<Fabian> "I just don't want to be French. And I've no idea what you mean, I am a sweet and innocent lamb."

<@Cecilia> "Says you," said Cecilia, pointing a finger. "I know what you're like. I pay attention. Maybe all the other girls here go easy on you. But not me!"

<Fabian> "You pay attention, hmm? Then you'll notice I've been behaving like a gentleman more often than not." He defended himself, sitting up a bit straighter.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "And why would that be?" She asked wryly.

<Fabian> "What do you mean why? I was raised mostly right in that regard!" He couldn't help but laugh though, leaning forward to make his move on the checker board.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled. "Your manners are very good, I'll admit. No one's ever held doors for me before."

<Fabian> He gave a not-so-humble bow and smirked up at her, waiting a beat before closing the just slight distance between them and kissing her.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia didn't have much time to react. Before she even knew it, Fabian was kissing her. Leaving her feeling liked she'd been shocked by a venom strike again.

<@Cecilia> "What..." she asked, blinking. Did that really happen? "I never..." She looked at him in the eye. "What was that for?" She asked, not unkindly.

<Fabian> Well, that wasn't usually the question he got when he did something like that and Fabian couldn't help but look confused. "I wanted to?"

<@Cecilia> " Why ?" She asked, genuinely surprised. She was thinking about the library...and suddenly things were beginning to fall into place...Oh no, she was in trouble. Big trouble.

<Fabian> "...what do you mean why?" Now he really was confused. Had he missed some secret code of 'oh hell no'? Should he have sent Mayday in to test these waters instead?

<@Cecilia> "I mean. Why me? Why did you do that...to me?" She asked. Oh, Christ. She liked him. Like actually liked him. And she didn't even know it till right now! Oh shit... "Because if this is some sort of way to get me in bed and this whole time together was a lie...then you might kill me, Fabi. You really just might kill me."

<Fabian> He couldn't help but look a little insulted at that. "How is that even how I work?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked a bit overwhelmed. "I don't...I don't know I just...I worry..." Oh fucking hell. "I just...want to know you mean it..."

<@Cecilia> She looked away, and now she'd fucked it all up and he was going to leave and she'd have to live knowing she'd screwed everything up.

<Fabian> He looked at her before smirking just a bit. "You are such a twat sometimes." Just for that he took her piece.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia watched him take one of her game pieces. A little shell-shocked. "What?!" She said, confused. Good God was this all happening in her head? Did she dream the entire thing up? "I don't understand."

<Fabian> "Nevermind, I obviously read the situation wrong if you're this confused."

<@Cecilia> Wait, what?! "What? No, I-" She didn't have any idea what to do. Things were spiraling out of control and now he thought she didn't like him or something. "You're the twat," she said, somewhat immaturely. Grabbing his tie and pulling him in for another kiss.

<Fabian> Now that was more like he was expecting! The checker board tilted precariously close to the edge of the bed as he got pulled over. He regained some of his balance with an arm around her shoulders, staying in the kiss.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia broke away for a minute. "I like you," she confided. "More than I'm willing to admit..."

<Fabian> "We're similar in that regard, we don't admit such things overly well."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled. "No, I guess not..." She looked at Fabian in the eyes. "What do we do now?" She laughed. "I've never...That was the only time I've ever...What should we do? We were just friends before. Now the rumours are somewhat true..."

<Fabian> "...I'm pretty okay with what we were doing just a moment ago." He teased, giving an eyebrow wriggle.

<@Cecilia> "I meant more like we should be figuring out what we are now..." Cecilia said. "The hell if I saw this coming though...I'm a terrible communicator...We may be in trouble..."

<@Cecilia> She laughed at the teasing. "Well, how about we keep going with that- and only that- for now," she clarified. "And we'll figure things out tomorrow when this strange day is over?" She smiled genuinely. This would be interesting...So much for checkers.

<Fabian> The checkerboard went on down to the floor as Fabian slid in closer. "Now that is much more my kind of thinking there."

<@Cecilia> "Thought it wouldn't take much to persuade you," laughed Cecilia wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "Guess I know you pretty well, huh?"

<Fabian> "It does make you less of a twat." Fabian decided, but there was too much talking at the moment, and not enough kissing one another.

<@Cecilia> "No more one than you, Fabi," she remarked, leaning in again. "You're really something else you know."

<Fabian> "Now what's that supposed to mean?" He prodded her side, leaning back in the bed.

<@Cecilia> "It means we're alike...we're not perfect people. We both make mistakes. But we're somehow enough for each other...maybe even more than enough." She smiled at him. "Now hurry up and kiss me before I start rambling."

<Fabian> "It's too late, we're done for." Fabian snorted and leaned back up just enough to do as he was asked.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 11/12 Instance: Twats

Post by puppygirl »

Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

"How the hell does intent or actions figure into something that was clearly an accident? She's just thinking with her cunt! And I would have thought it saw more bloodflow than what this would lead me to believe!"
:LMAO :X

And woo, Cee and Fabian! :bounce
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

And up in the vents, Bobby watches :shifty
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust