11/9 Instance: I Know That Feel, Bro

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/9 Instance: I Know That Feel, Bro

Post by Slarti »

Current Timeline

<@Eddie> With the sound of several whiplashes, Eddie flicked his arm, generating five tendrils that shot across the rec-room: two of them lifted a sketchbook into his other hand, one hit the TV on, one turned it up and the last one lifted a glass of water. With a grin, he sat down on the sofa, retrieving the glass as soon as his arm had re-formed and sipping it.

<@Eddie> "Such a badass...", he muttered, placing the glass down on the coffee table and lifting his feet onto it, folding his legs and flicking through his old drawings.

<Hope> Hope plopped down on the sofa next to Eddie, glaring at the lack of remote control. "Hey Eddie. Seen the remote?" She asked, glancing over at him.

<@Eddie> Without looking at her, Eddie extended his right arm again, a spray of inky black webbing hissing over to the remote beside the TV and snapping it back into his hand. He handed it to Hope slowly, looking up and smiling, suddenly blinking when he noticed her. "....oh, for fuck's sake...you're...erm....thingy...that one girl...?"

<Hope> Hope just blinked at him as she awkwardly took the remote. "Which girl? Because if you mean the most awesome one, yes, that's me."

<@Eddie> Eddie opened his mouth, stopping himself from saying anything back. He was going to make a quip about 'blonde hair', 'being the most awesome girl' and his girlfriend, but somehow it didn't feel right. "...I just...you're Hope, Hope Spalding?", he recited, trying to jog his memory, "We're friends. Or...were friends. Or are...I don't know - this doesn't make a lot of sense."

<Hope> "Ohhh right. Memory loss. Yeah, we're friends. Well, you were friends with my boyfriend Johnny, and then we kind of became friends after that. But yeah, you're a pretty cool guy." She shrugged a bit, flipping through the channels.

<@Eddie> "Oh. 'K, just so I know.", he nodded, scratching the side of his head a little and looking back at his sketchbook. The page he turned to had a picture of Liza and himself, which made him cringe with depression. "....oh, fuck this.", Eddie muttered, pushing the sketchbook off the sofa with frustration and leaning back.

<@Eddie> "D'you ever just wanna punch everyone in the face?", he sighed, clearly irritated.

<Hope> ".... every day of my life!" Hope assured him.

<@Eddie> Eddie glanced at her, smirking, "Wanna talk about yours? Think I recall enough now to know you and I have very similar thoughts on how the world's full of fuckwits..."

<Hope> "My roommate and former best friend is out to make me into some kind of possessive, psycho monster hell bent on destroying her. And everyone is buying it." Hope rolled her eyes a bit. "She shocks people all the damn time. I do it one time with an accidental overcharge and I'm a killer."

<@Eddie> "Cool.", Eddie nodded, "I was abducted by some lunatic, kept in 'Mutant Stepford', mind-raped so I was a completely different person, cheated on my girlfriend twice unknowingly, lost control of my powers and am currently viewed with scorn and fear by people who used to love me.", he paused, taking a breath.

<Hope> "Well, I can shock you and yell at you. That seems to make people take pity and adore you." She shot him a bit of a smirk.

<@Eddie> "And if you need people to start having a reason to wear kiddie gloves around you and be compassionate, yet fearful, I know this wonderful holiday resort(!)", he gave her a thumbs up, laughing afterwards, "God, we're a pair at the minute, hm?"

<Hope> Hope laughed and gave him a bit of a playful shove. "Tell me about it. She shocked Johnny, so I shocked her back. She zapped me and tried to come at me... but I'm the crazy one? And I'm the one who is being possessive?"

<@Eddie> Eddie nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly, "I assume you're talking about that Jessica, right? Heard she was close to Johnny - not implying, not even gonna try and get involved, but trust me, you've got no competition.", he glanced down at the discarded sketchbook, "Whiiich is more than I can say for my relationship....sorry, 'relationship'.", he added at the end, with air-quotations.

<Hope> "If she can't understand what you went through..." Hope trailed off. He deserved better than that.

<@Eddie> With a mirthless glance at her, Eddie was sure he'd translated how much that sentence did not need finishing.

<Hope> "It's not an easy thing to come back from. But a clean slate isn't so bad either. It's a chance to start over in a lot of ways."

<@Eddie> Eddie shook his head, "You're insinuating that we're already over...", he pointed out, "...what, is that your intention or something?"

<Hope> "I thought that was implied, but if you can work it out then go for it."

<@Eddie> For a moment, he just looked away, leaning back in his seat, ".....Jesus, it never really dawned on me that it could seriously be over...", Eddie felt his chest fill with sadness, "...Christ, she's everything to me.",

<Hope> "Then why are you sitting here with me instead of doing something about it?"

<@Eddie> "Lemme show you...", he reached into his pocket and withdrew his phone, "Fifty seven calls, eleven voicemail messages, ten texts and a Twitter post.", Eddie looked back at Hope, "Preeeetty sure she doesn't wanna talk to me."

<Hope> "And how many times have you gone to her? Told her you were sorry?"

<@Eddie> Eddie shook his head, "I just really don't think that'll help.", he frowned, "For starters, I don't know how trully stable I am...you know...'upstairs'?"

<Hope> "I don't know what to tell you then. Send her flowers. Something."

<@Eddie> "Maybe....", he frowned again, "...a-anyway, what are you gonna do about your thing?"

<Hope> "What thing? Jess? Hope she pisses off and leaves me and Johnny alone."

<@Eddie> "And failing that?"

<Hope> "I don't know. Hope she shops her whining about how she liked circle pines so much better and how everyone there was better."

<@Eddie> Eddie shrugged, some of the people did seem pretty hellbent on going back, "Fair enough I guess. He looked at Hope for a second, "...listen, I was curious about something actually...."

<Hope> "Curious about... what?" Hope shifted to look at him a bit better.

<@Eddie> "Ok, there's no way this is going to sound anything but weird...", he confessed, shifting himself around, too, "But I heard this rumour that - and bear in mind, I just heard it randomly - that you apparently found out your Dad is a millionaire."

<Hope> "Billionare. Tony Stark is loaded." She shrugged a bit. "Also an ass. Guess we know where I get it from now."

<@Eddie> Eddie gasped, "Holy shit, you're Dad is Tony fucking Stark!?", he laughed dryly,

<Hope> "Yeah. Jess also met him before I did and wanted to sleep with him. Everyone just tells me that because he's a huge man whore I should be ok with that."

<@Eddie> "Eww, that's fucking gross - what was she, like, twelve at the time?", he shuddered, "Some of these kids, man....did you slap her one?"

<Hope> "No it was apparently a few months ago. She was some kind of whore. I mean legitimately. Not as an insult. A real whore."

<@Eddie> Eddie facepalmed, "Seriously? Er...wow, is she, like, getting councilling for that? I-I mean that's....wow.", he shrugged, "I don't even know how to respond to that."

<Hope> "She proceeded to justify liking him in that way, but then turned around and said that she didn't. So I think she's the nutty one. I'm perfectly sane."

<@Eddie> "I think I'm on 'Team Hope' with this one, too. She sounds....well....awkward, to say the least.", Eddie shook his head again, "Unbelievable: 'Hi, I almost fucked your Dad, which is ok, even given my questionable job preference'."

<Hope> "She just wanted to. She didn't do it. But she insinuated that she would if she met him again."

<@Eddie> "Wow, what a bitch.", he nodded, "Yeah - she asked for the zappy there."

<Hope> "Thank you!" Hope grinned. Finally somebody who understood!

<@Eddie> "Oh, God: Johnny isn't defending her, is he?"

<Hope> "He's smarter than that. He's trying to stay out of it, so he isn't tooo smart, but better than taking her side like everyone else."

<@Eddie> Eddie smirked, "Everyone else needs to take a closer look at the situation - I see how it could be seen you were a little rash, but....come on, who says that!?"

<Hope> "Wow... somebody finally understands. They just keep telling me I'm a crazy bitch."

<@Eddie> "I've had plenty of that myself. T-then again, they do have a good point....", he shuddered a little, half sure IT would come back.

<Hope> "Just because they don't see things the way we do, doens't make us insane. It makes them narrow minded."

<@Eddie> "I think 'un-sane' would be my category. Or...'bi-sane'...", he scratched his head. "I don't know...dealing with more than one resident in your own head is stressful as hell."

<Hope> "Well, careful of touching me I guess. I cured Rogue of all the voices in her head."

<@Eddie> Eddie hummed, "You've...never tried copying my power, have you?"

<Hope> "Hmmm don't think so... which is weird. I copy everyone."

<@Eddie> "You're lucky. Don't. Just...don't.", he insisted, without another word.

<Hope> "Well it can't be worse than War in my head... or the one that comes with Wade's powers... that one IS crazy."

<@Eddie> "Well.....maybe.", Eddie replied, unsure either way - his issue was similar to how she'd described War. And as for Wade, anything associated with Wade was probably its own special Hell, "I don't know. All I know is that I wouldn't wish this on anyone."

<Hope> "Well thanks for the warning. I'll keep that in mind next time I do power training."

<@Eddie> With a sombre tone, Eddie agreed with another hum. "God, I haven't had enough alcohol to get this deep....I need a Gin and T-...", he didn't drink that, did he? No, that was 'Edward'. Still....

<@Eddie> "....yeah, I need a G&T.", he nodded.

<Hope> "Well, I am apparently reckless when I drink too much, but I don't mind paying." Hope flashed out that Stark credit card. "Or rather... Tony doesn't mind paying."

<@Eddie> "Good ol' Tony...", Eddie laughed, "Alright, shall we?", he gestured to the door.

<Hope> "Excellent plan." Hope got to her feet and waited for Eddie to join her.

<@Eddie> Standing, Eddie paused for a moment, kneeling and picking up his sketchbook and placing it on the coffee table. He looked at it for a second before following Hope, turning back to look at it again just once more.

<@Eddie> 'We will have to face this soon.', the voice reminded him. He nodded to nobody in particular, "...right.", Eddie smiled back at Hope, "Alcohol: let's go."