11/7 Instance: Awkward Weirdness Event

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/7 Instance: Awkward Weirdness Event

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Clarice> Clarice stood at the poolside, in her swimming costume with her towel under her arm and just stared, "What the ..." she gingerly poked the surface of the 'water' with her big toe and it wobbled, and she desperately tried to remember if anyone had ... jello powers?

<@Jean-Paul> "You know, I get it's late for a swim and all but you'd think the pool wouldn't somehow be jello." Jean-Paul frowned as he looked at the mass as well. Someone obviously was having some fun and hadn't cleaned up after themselves yet. "Also, that's a lot of jello."

<Clarice> "You didn't pee in it again, did you?" Clarice shot the boy a suspicious look, "You haven't developed some kind of mutant jello pee power that I've forgotten about?"

<@Jean-Paul> "We're going to forget that ever happened. It wasn't me." Jean-Paul shook his head though. "I've not even been down here yet. What about you?"

<Clarice> "It was you, just like it was me, it was just ... different us-es," she wrapped the towel around her shoulders a little self-consciously, "and it wasn't me, I think Remy or Fabian would have mentioned if I could turn water into jello ... so ... umm ... how have you been?"

<@Jean-Paul> "I was teasing, Clarice." Still, Jean-Paul would like that incident well forgotten as it was. "Yeah, no jello powers have made it into my revision book either so I imagine one or the other of them would have mentioned things."

<@Jean-Paul> "I'm pretty good, how about yourself?"

<Clarice> "Oh ... yeah, sorry," she snuggled into her towel, "I just ... have a thing about ... identities now ... I dunno," she shifted her weight from foot to foot, "I'm okay, been making myself remember if that makes sense? Haven't really seen you since we came here ..."

<@Jean-Paul> "Yeah, busy doing the same but I think I've made some real progress. You can borrow my revision book if you like, though it's sort of geared to me as much as I could so a lot of it will be different for you." Screw it, he was getting in the jello.

<@Jean-Paul> "So, Remy and Fabian, getting to know people again?"

<Clarice> "Remy's my boyfriend, Fabian's like ... my Ex, but we're still good friends," was he getting in the jello? He totally was! "How about you? Umm ..." she sucked her teeth and averted her eyes from jello Jean-Paul, "... met your boyfriend yet?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Reed, yeah." He smiled absently. "It went really well...I mean, I had given myself some time to...get over the weirdness of discovering I was out and okay with it and everything but totally worth it."

<Clarice> "I ... sorta remember him, he was one of the ones Nur .. my Uncle took," she pulled a face, settling down at the poolside, "I ... you seem happier then you did back there, in Circle Pines ..."

<@Jean-Paul> "I won't say I still don't wig out sometimes." Jean-Paul didn't like that though. One day he would quit and be back to himself he was sure; he could remember feeling much more comfortable in his own skin. "It was...weird there. I mean, I pretty much was a different person in how I viewed things. Same for you?"

<Clarice> "I was a jerk," Clarice curled up so that only her head and the tips of her toes were poking out from the towel, "I just felt so ... angry, inside, but had no way of dealing with it, I couldn't remember how ... it's weird how much our past shapes who we are. Take it away and we're completely different."

<@Jean-Paul> "I'm pretty sure we were both jerks." Jean-Paul laughed at the very idea of either of them being how they were back there. "It really is. You don't realize how much of an impact being what you are puts in being who you are."

<Clarice> Clarice smiled a bit at that, "Yeah, and if that's how I would have been if I'd had a normal life, I'd much rather have the life I've really lived, good and bad ... it's nice to know that we'd still be best friends no matter what though, huh?"

<@Jean-Paul> That earned a smile as Jean-Paul waded through the goo. "Yeah, looks like we'll get along no matter what, won't we?"

<Clarice> "Yeah ..." she looked away and focused on her toes, her cheeks flushing a little, "Ummm ... so ... about what ... well ... almost happened?"

<@Jean-Paul> "What about it?" He asked, looking back up at her.

<Clarice> "Are we ... okay about it?" She asked, not looking at him, "I ... wouldn't wanna make things weird between us after everything else we've been through ..."

<@Jean-Paul> "I'm certainly not going to be revisiting the weirdness anytime soon. I mean...I know about your crush and things but...I think we can both agree that was weird and...almost incesty."

<Clarice> "What!?" Clarice squeaked, ducking her head to hid her bright red cheeks so that only a pair of worried eyes could be seen, "You know? And you're not ... weirded out by it?"

<@Jean-Paul> "It's not as if you actually want anything from me, it's just a crush." He looked confused now, eyebrow arched high. "Clarice, you have a boyfriend and even when we were at Circle Pines it was pretty obvious we wouldn't work even when I was closeted as can be."

<Clarice> "It's just ... I never told you 'cos I knew that like ... nothing would ever come from it and I was worried that if I told you then it might make things weird and I care about you too much to ever do anything that might make me loose you," she still hadn't re-emerged from the towel, "... but you're right, when it actually did almost happen it was more sorta incesty then anything else."

<@Jean-Paul> "And if that doesn't get you over a crush then nothing ever will." Jean-Paul couldn't help but laugh. "Anyway, you have Remy now."

<Clarice> Clarice smiled a little and more of her face appeared from under the towel, "Yeah, I do, and he's been really good to me ... you know when I said we'd dated he laughed? Pretty much everyone who found out thought it was the most hilarious thing ever."

<@Jean-Paul> "...it sort of is, isn't it?"

<Clarice> "It is now, at the time I was ... sorta offended, like maybe I was cursed when it came to guys ... thankfully I didn't really loose it on a bar top with Eddie though," she shuddered, "I don't think I'm ever gonna get over that ... or how much of a bit-a jerk I was to you afterwards ... and you still went with me to the pharmacy and everything."

<@Jean-Paul> "I wasn't exactly nice to you that day either. Look, I don't think it really matters how we behaved to one another while we were there. I mean, it does but...not really when we think about it between you and me, yeah?"

<Clarice> Clarice nodded, then lowered her voice and checked the room to make sure no one else was with them, "... Is it wrong I still find what we did to Selena the most hilarious thing ever?"

<@Jean-Paul> "...no, I think that Selene might find it funny, too." He admitted, taking a moment before bursting into a laugh.

<Clarice> His laughter set her off, and she covered her mouth with her hand as she giggled, "Portuguese ghosts ... oh, that was so mean of us but so funny, especially the bit with the doll ... hey, I remembered more French then you did, how weird is that?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Very weird. So are you going to get in or not? We might as well enjoy this until someone comes to clean it out, yeah?"

<Clarice> Clarice poked the jello pool again with her toe, "I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause an awkward weirdness event if I joined you in a pool of jello first," she confessed, before unwrapping herself from her towel and slipping in, "... Oh that feels gross!"

<@Jean-Paul> "I can't say as I've really ever seriously associated jello with sex or anything sexual so I think we're safe." he said in a deadpan voice though he couldn't keep from laughing again. "We're fine, nothing of what happened is your fault or my fault...we can agree on that, yeah?"

<Clarice> Clarice waded through the jello, "Yeah, I think we can agree .... oooh, it's sticky. Do you think we'd die from chemical poisoning if we accidentally ate any?" She attempted to pull a glob out of her hair, "and I sorta resigned myself to reincarnating as a guy in my next life so I can have a serious crack at you," she eyed the glob in her hand and then threw it at him.

<@Jean-Paul> "Nah, the pool cleaner's okay to swallow bits of so why wouldn't the jello be?" He shrugged, poking at the goop. "I wish you luck in the next life then, you'd just better hope I'm not straight then and Reed's a girl."

<Clarice> "It would be just my luck if it was," she laughed, trying to picture Reed as a girl and failing, to be honest she was having trouble picturing herself as a guy, "you love him that much you think it'll carry over into whatever comes after then?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Right now I'm still pretty confused...it's a nice thought, though. I'm still just getting to know him again, though." Which was frustrating as Jean-Paul had enough vague recollections of all ready being at that point.

<Clarice> "Look at it this way, you get to fall in love with him all over again," Clarice tried licking some of the jello and pulled a face, "Eww ... tastes funky."

<@Jean-Paul> "I do like the idea of that." He admitted, smiling...then something occurred to him.

<@Jean-Paul> "We don't know who's been in this or what they did in it." Jean-Paul realized. The next second he was out of that pool, pulling a face. "Uuuugh."

<Clarice> Clarice froze. Her eyes bulged. Then; "Eeeeee-! There was a flash of pink light and she fell out of the air next to him, "-eeeeowch!" She sat up and looked around in shock for a moment, before making gagging noises and clawing at her tounge, "Gak! Gak! Gak! Why'd y' have to wait till after I tried licking some before realizing that!?"

<@Jean-Paul> "I'm sorry!" Jean-Paul flailed just a bit as he vibrated to get the jello off of him. "Lets just...shower, I need a shower, bad."

<Clarice> "Shower and mouthwash," Clarice agreed vehemently, "lots and lots of mouthwash."