11/6 Instance: But You Didn't Have To Cut Me Off

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/6 Instance: But You Didn't Have To Cut Me Off

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined shortly after [Instance]Girls Gone Wild.

<@Jessica> Some time later, Jess still lay on the floor of the hall surrounded by her dropped books. She was lucky to be breathing after taking the venom blast to her back.

<DrSummers> Scott wandered down the hall - it seemed familiar. "Ok, so now, all I have to do is turn right here, and I should be by the teachers' rooms." He turned and found himself in an unfamiliar hall. "Damn." He paused. There was someone on the floor. He hurried over and started checking vitals and to see if there were any broken bones. "Jess! Jess! Are you awake?" He risked turned her very carefully, wishing his had his medical kit with him.

<@Jessica> Jess groaned, sucking in a breath suddenly then having a coughing fit.

<DrSummers> "Easy, Jess." "You're all right. You seem to have taken some sort of uh..." He couldn't remember the name of it. "Injury due to force of some sort." "Just take a deep breath in and release it - I know it must feel like you can't breathe, but trust me, you can."

<@Jessica> She nodded, doing as instructed and trying to gather her wits. She lifted her head, her vision finally focusing on his face, "S-Scott?"

<DrSummers> "Just lie still and breathe. Do you have a headache, is the room spinning?" He checked her eyes as best he could for signs of a concussion. The pupils seemed to be even.

<@Jessica> She shook her head, "No... I-I'm fine..." she coughed again and pushed herself up. "Ow..." she rubbed her shoulder a little.

<DrSummers> "Yeah, no. You're not. You were totally unconscious. I'm going to take you to the med lab for some X-rays and tests." He paused. "I'll ask Hank to do them, as I've forgotten how..." He looked at the scattered books. "Do you remember what happened?"

<@Jessica> "I am fine..." she protested, running a hand through her hair. "The last thing I remember is yelling at Hope..."

<DrSummers> "Hope...? Not a friend, then? You are not fine. You were unconscious. I think we can look at videos at what happened - I think they have cameras in this place."

<@Jessica> "Apparently we were best friends. I can't think why, she's a complete bitch..." She leaned to scrape all the books back towards her, shouldering her backpack.

<DrSummers> Scott sighed. He wrangled the backpack off and scooped the books to one side of the hallway. "You are coming with me to get checked out. No if, ands, or buts." He crossed his arms and glared at her, wondering if the effect was lessened by the ridiculous goggles.

<@Jessica> Jess opened her mouth to protest but gave up and just pouted at him instead. "I'm fine... and I'm not your problem anymore."

<DrSummers> "My problem? You're not a problem, Jessica. It's awkward, yeah, but not a problem," He gaze softened and he smiled. "Besides, I think anyone would want you to get check out, if they found you lying there." He held out his hand. "Come on. I'll bring your books to you after, okay?"

<@Jessica> "I'm fine... I'm fairly sure most people would take my word for it..." she frowned, reaching up but wincing and switching arms to accept the help. "I feel fine... probably bruised my shoulder from falling on it with a ton of books but other than that I'm good."

<DrSummers> "Well, let's find out together. We need to talk, anyway."

<@Jessica> "What do we need to talk about?" She reached for the backpack. She'd be damned if she was leaving that where Hope might get it.

<DrSummers> Scott shifted the backpack out of her reach and said, "What happened at the complex. Angel. Us. What we should do from here on out. You know, the little things in life."

<@Jessica> "I thought that much was obvious... we're over and you're with her. Problem solved." She frowned at him for moving the backpack and tried again.

<DrSummers> "Hey! Talk about surgical. You can't just cut me off just like that! I was a very invested and interested party, I'll have you know. I do feel horrible that Angel was in my life, but I didn't know. I...it's hard to explain."

<@Jessica> "Everyone keeps telling me that what happened there wasn't real and doesn't matter and now you're telling me it's the other way around. For what? It's not going to change anything, is it?" She lifted the backpack and put it back on her shoulder. "And there's no point going over it..."

<DrSummers> Scott stopped walking. "Seriously? You're over it just like that? I thought I loved you... just because it was fake doesn't lessen the reality that we lived through it." He crossed his arms. "I must be the only one who's really been mind-fucked, it seems."

<@Jessica> "No I'm not over it!" She turned to face him, "I'm not over it because I thought I loved you too! But there's just no point is there? It's not going to change anything! You're still with her now and I'm alone so just stop! Stop trying to make it sound like it's going to be okay because it's not and that's just... it's cruel, Scott..."

<DrSummers> He nodded, feeling crestfallen. "You're right. Maybe it would be easier to not socialize outside of classes or the med lab," he said in a clipped tone. "Obviously we were mistaken, and now that everything has been corrected, we should get on with our real lives."

<@Jessica> "You can't honestly expect that it was going to be any other way? How could it be? Don't you think I wish it didn't have to be like this?"

<DrSummers> "Of course, I just thought that talking it out and parting on good terms would be preferable to stony silence and awkward moments." They had reached the med lab. "So, here we are. I think you can find Hank on your own? I'll go get your books and bring them down to you."

<@Jessica> "There isn't a way to do this on good terms, Scott... because it does't matter how it happens it still hurts.... I miss you..." she sniffed and looked down at the floor, "I don't think I should see you for a while..."

<DrSummers> Scott looked away. It wasn't like he wasn't hurting too! "I understand. I'll send someone with your books." He shook himself slightly and stepped away. "I miss you too. Goodbye, Jessica."

<@Jessica> Jess stepped after him and pulled him into a hug, "Goodbye, Scott..."

<DrSummers> He squeezed her tightly. "See you around, Jess."

<@Jessica> "Angelina's a very lucky woman..." She pressed a kiss to his cheek, resting her forehead against his for a moment before turning and heading into the medlab.

<DrSummers> He didn't really know what to say to that, so he gave her a little wave and turned, retreating down the hallway.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 11/6 Instance: But You Didn't Have To Cut Me Off

Post by Slarti »

Awwww.... :(

Angel will try not to break him... this time. :shifty
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

She better not. Jess will end her.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

lmfao! that is brilliant
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6