11/6 Instance: Who Ate All the Pies?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

11/6 Instance: Who Ate All the Pies?

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelineda after [Instance]Sex and Candy.

<@Jessica> Okay so maybe agreeing to this had been a bad idea... at least it gave her excuses to cook. Many in fact. She was tidying up after her lastest round of cooking pies and muttering to herself, going over recipes and modifying them.

<Johnny> Johnny had been drawn to the kitchen by the smell of food. He slipped into the kitchen and automatically went to hover over the pies. Glancing over to Jess, he asked, "What kind are these?"

<@Jessica> Jess let out a yelp of surprise at Johnny's voice and bolted for the door, yelling, "Cherry!" over her shoulder and hoping one word wasn't going to get her in trouble.

<Johnny> He blinked and looked around the kitchen before going after her with a sigh. No way he was taking blame for a kitchen fire because she ran away. "Jess, wait!"

<@Jessica> "Nooooo I'm not allowed to talk to you! Go away!" She ran into the garage, slamming the door behind her, and hid behind the van.

<Johnny> "You're overreacting," Johnny stated as he moved into the garage, "Just come back to the kitchen before your food burns."

<@Jessica> "I'm not overreacting! Hope said I'm not allowed to be anywhere near you or I'll never see them again and I won't take that risk!" She climbed up on top of the van to stay out of view. This sticking to things power was useful.

<Johnny> "She can't ban both of us from eating. Plus, she was just angry."

<@Jessica> "You don't know she won't follow though!" Jess countered, "Now go away before she finds you in here!" She curled up clutching the rings to her.

<Johnny> "She doesn't follow me around," he shook his head with a sigh. Women were so ridiculous. "Come on before there's a fire because I'm not putting one out."

<@Jessica> "How do you know? She could be invisible right now..." Jess peered over the edge of the van at him. "She said she'd take them if I spoke to you and she could... please don't get me in trouble with her..."

<Johnny> "Because she's not creepy like that," Johnny gave another roll of his eyes, "It's not like I'm going to rush back upstairs to tell her I had a conversation with you."

<@Jessica> Jess chewed her lip, thinking about it for some time before finally nodding and carefully climbing down again. "Sorry..." she mumbled, "I just really don't want to piss her off..."

<Johnny> "Meh... I know how to calm her down..." he said as he started for the kitchen again.

<@Jessica> "If you can calm her down before she can follow through with her threat I will be both impressed and grateful..." she followed him, glancing around her warily.

<Johnny> "Everyone should be impressed by and grateful to me," Johnny decided, going for the forks as soon as he'd returned to the kitchen.

<@Jessica> "Impressed by the sheer size of your ego, maybe." She conceded, going the opposite way around the kitchen towards the sink to finish cleaning up. "You're going to eat all my pies aren't you?"

<Johnny> He nodded, admitting, "Probably."

<@Jessica> "Well please don't... I need to save some of them... cooking in advance..." she chewed her lip, "I'm making Thanksgiving dinner this year... never done it before... obviously..."

<Johnny> "Ah..." Johnny eyed the selections and picked one out. It would do. "Hope and I won't be around for Thanksgiving here."

<@Jessica> "Oh... how come?" Not that she wasn't a little pleased to know there wouldn't be that level of awkward and hostility on top of the stress of cooking the meal.

<Johnny> He grinned widely, "I get to go have dinner with Tony Stark. It's going to be so awesome."

<@Jessica> "Oh good God, the world is going to end..." she cringed.

<Johnny> After making himself a cup of tea, he picked out a seat and started in on the pie, "And why would it?"

<@Jessica> "Three massive egos in one small space? Why would it not?"

<Johnny> "My awesomeness will hold the world together."

<@Jessica> Jess facepalmed, "Of course it will.... how's the pie?"

<Johnny> "Delicious. It's pie," he answered as if it should be obvious.

<@Jessica> She laughed a little, "Well good, I'm glad it's tasty..." She moved to sit down now that the clearing up was done. "Johnny... Hope said some things... I really think she meant it about not wanting us to be friends anymore..."

<Johnny> "Well, I don't think it's she cares about us being friends. She's more worried about you throwing yourself at me... which is valid because who wouldn't want to throw themselves at me?"

<@Jessica> "I don't want to throw myself at you..." she frowned, "And she thinks I'm going to steal you from her - she even suggested I'd use my powers to do it."

<Johnny> "It's called having a jealous girlfriend," Johnny rolled his eyes, "It's not a big deal."

<@Jessica> "It is a big deal!" Jess put her face in her hands, "She threatened my hearing, threatened my parents' wedding rings and knocked me out with my own powers already! I dread to think what she'd do if she saw me sitting here with you right now!"

<Johnny> "She'd probably be fine as long as you don't poke at the bear and let me do all the talking."

<@Jessica> "I haven't done anything to her - she's like this all on her own with her unfounded accusations. That's just what I need to hear from someone calling herself my best friend after nearly two months in captivity with no memories."

<Johnny> "Well, it's not like she's never been in the same position..."

<@Jessica> "Then she should try a little empathy. I don't see anyone accusing her of trying to steal their boyfriends just because she has a power that she can't control that might help."

<Johnny> "Pfft, Hope and empathy... Clearly you don't remember anything," he snorted and went for another bite of pie.

<@Jessica> "I don't know how I can be friends with someone like that... I don't know how it happened... and I don't want to be friends with someone like that. She's cruel. I don't care what her reasons are, there's no excuse for that." She shook her head, "Besides which, there's enough confusion in my head in that department without adding to it."

<Johnny> Johnny wasn't sure why there was so much discussion about this because the solution seemed obvious to him. "Then, don't?"

<@Jessica> "I have to sleep in the same room as her, Johnny..." Jess pointed out, "And I don't want her to dictate who I can and can't be friends with... I don't know if we'll be friends," she gestured between them, "But I would like to be able to figure that out for myself.... except now I'm scared I'll lose the only things I have left from my parents for wanting to have some control over my own life... it's not fair..."

<Johnny> What did sleeping have to do witih being friends or not? He sighed, taking a sip of his tea, "Ignore her? She'll calm down eventually."

<@Jessica> "How do you know that? She's stupidly paranoid about nothing at all and it's impossible to reason with that..." She bowed her head into ther hands, pushing the ends of her fingers into her hair. "I'm at least spending nights in the boathouse for the time being... my powers coming back are making it kind of impossible to sleep..."

<Johnny> "Because I'm her boyfriend?" he rolled his eyes, adding, "That is generally the effect jealousy has. But, if you're not staying there and neither is she, who cares?"

<@Jessica> "Well at some point I'd like to come back and not have to listen to accusations of flirting with everyone in the place..." she pushed her fingers the rest of the way through her hair and sat up again. "I know what I was before... but just because I did that then it doesn't mean I'm going to go and... ply my trade all over the school." she pulled a face, "Everything's complicated enough in that area already..."

<Johnny> "Ignore?" That's what it all came back to for him anyway. "And, I mean, it's not like she's going to be angry forever."

<@Jessica> "It doesn't have to take forever to destroy something important to me, Johnny...." why couldn't he see that that was the part bothering her the most? "And I should be allowed to defend myself... those things she said hurt." She frowned a little, "And she's so.... self-centered that I think I could tell her I loved someone else til I was blue in the face and she'd still insist I was going to try and steal you from her out of spite..."

<Johnny> "You forgot stubborn," he added as he continued to work on eating the entire pie. "I think you're overcomplicating it. You don't have to like each other to share a room, and it doesn't matter what she thinks of you. Keep to yourself, and she'll keep to herself. If not, I'm throwing you both in a pool of jello where you will fight for mine and Fabian's entertainment."

<@Jessica> Jess gave him a deadpan look, "Never going to happen." She grumbled a little as she slid off her stool to check the apple pies in the oven. Nearly done. "I just want an easy life... something stable... is that so much to ask for?"

<Johnny> "It might be here..."

<@Jessica> She sighed, leaning against the counter, "And people wonder why leaving has seemed so inviting lately... Every time I think I might be able to stay something else happens that throws that all up in the air again. I was actually feeling pretty good about everything until Hope had her crazy attack."

<Johnny> All women were crazy in Johnny's opinion, but he didn't think pointing that out to a woman was the safest option. "Things'll get better."

<@Jessica> "I hope so..." she frowned, looking out of the window, "There's a saying 'It's always darkest before the dawn'... I wish dawn would hurry the hell up and get here. I don't think I can handle more dark."

<Johnny> "Things seem to be mostly settling down, so I can't imagine the wait will be that long," he shrugged.

<@Jessica> "Yeah..." the timer on the oven went off and she bent to take out her latest batch of pies. "Johnny... from everything I've found out about myself... do I have absolutely horrible decision making skills when it comes to men?"

<Johnny> Johnny paused to think about that and eventually nodded, "Yes. You should avoid them and go to girls."

<@Jessica> Jess extended a hand and gave him a small zap just behind his ear, "You should feel privileged - I only just remembered how to do that."

<Johnny> "Ow!" he rubbed at his ear, flinging a bite of pie at her in return.

<@Jessica> Jess ducked the flying bit of pie with a giggle, "Serves you right, you perv!"

<Johnny> "I was just being honest with you," he nodded sagely.

<@Jessica> "No, you just hope you'll get to see a show. But, I'm sorry to disappoint you, I just don't see women in that way." She paused, "Actually no, I'm not sorry to disappoint you."

<Johnny> "I've seen you and Hope kiss, I'm not disappointed," Johnny shook his head as he moved to stand, picking up the empty pie tin. The disappointing part was wasting that last bit of pie.

<@Jessica> "Well it'll never happen again..." she shook her head, putting the fresh pies on the rack to cool. "She'd probably kill me before I got close enough right now."

<Johnny> "Anyway, I'll go before I get you in trouble," Johnny gave a grin.

<@Jessica> "Now that you've cost me a pie...." she rolled her eyes, "I see what this is. I'm not a vending machine. If you want any more food out of me you'll have to earn it... and, no, your sparkling personality is not enough payment."

<Johnny> "...I'm not going to comment. It's safer that way." Draining the rest of his tea, he placed his mug in the sink and started for the door, "My sparkling personality and I will see you later."