11/6 Instance: He Is Risen

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/6 Instance: He Is Risen

Post by Slarti »

Timelined three days after Bum-Fuck Egypt and MIA-PD

<Bobby> The surface of the water rippled, then broke, a form taking shape as it rose away from the surface. It traveled toward the shoreline, breaking against the grass and mud and losing cohesion once more.

<Bobby> After a few moments, the water rose again and this time reformed into a man.

<Bobby> Bobby coughed, bringing up water as he shifted to flesh. "Ugh... that ain't right..." Eyes fluttering open, he looked up and around. His eyes slid closed again.

<Lorna> Lorna couldn't stay awake forever even if she intended to. She had gone inside reluctantly, glad that Jess wasn't back yet as she made her way to bed, laying down and staring at the ceiling for a while until she managed to pass out, curled up on her side of the bed.

<Bobby> Flopping onto his side, he melted back into the wet grass, but not for long. The mist rose and drifted to the darkened boathouse, finding the right window and wafting inside through the cracks.

<Bobby> I should caulk that shit. The thought randomly occurred and made him blink, realizing he had eyes to blink with again. Awesome.

<Bobby> Satisfied with this, he pulled back the covers, unaware he was still dripping lake water on the floor, and slid into bed.

<Lorna> She turned, not in a restful sleep despite actually managing some sleep. She could feel cold water in her dreams. That just seemed cruel on so many levels and Lorna could get that even in her sleep.

<Lorna> That was really cold water... it just wasn't right. "Mmmph." It pulled her out of sleep finally, but the water didn't go away. "What the..." A scream erupted from her as she sat up in bed.

<Bobby> "What?!" Bobby jerked, falling off the edge of the bed in a tangle of wet limbs and blankets. He hit the floor, head rebounding, and groaned.

<Lorna> "Oh my God, Bobby!" Lorna ran off of the bed and moved to help him up, swearing about waddling all the way. "Are you all right, are you...Christ, you are alive!"

<Bobby> "Yeah, I'm..." Bobby looked up at Lorna, and down at himself, nose wrinkling in confusion. Picking himself up, he sat on the edge of the bed and just blinked at her.

<Lorna> "You got blasted to bits and mindmelted by Rachel!" She sat down beside him, still looking him over in case she could see something wrong but it was just...Bobby. "Darren said she was pretty sure she killed you."

<Bobby> "Oh..." He thought about this, but thinking, at the moment, was hard. Bobby caught Lorna's hands instead, giving her a twitchy smile. "I'm hard to kill, remember?"

<Lorna> "Yeah, I know...Rachel's pretty good at it right now though...or she was anyway. I doubt she's doing much of it now...so what happened?"

<Bobby> Bobby's eyes wandered around the darkened room, then back to Lorna. "I... don't remember?" He did remember water, and he was cold, which struck him as wrong. Realizing he was sitting on a wet bed, he shook his head and evaporated the water.

<Lorna> "Doesn't matter, doesn't matter." Lorna laughed, just glad that he was here. "You look none the worse for wear though. You want a blanket there?"

<Bobby> He nodded and took the blanket, wrapping it around his shoulders, then frowned. Reaching over to Lorna, he wrapped his arms around her. Waaarm.

<Lorna> She slid her arms around him, smiling and letting herself relax. "I'm glad you're home, Sweetcheeks."

<Bobby> It made him smile, and his hand slid down to the bump. "I wouldn't leave my girls."

<Lorna> "You'd better not." She prodded his shoulder gently, pulling him closer. "And you mister, had best be a little more sneaky with your attacks next time yes?"

<Bobby> Sneaky? Bobby cuddled up to her warmth and buried his nose in her hair, smiling again. Her familiar scent made him sag back on the bed, pulling her with him. He nodded against her anyway.

<Lorna> Lorna sighed, flopping back with him and just taking a moment to absorb the fact that he was alive and everything was okay. "Next time this happens I might have to kick your ass, Bobby...but it will be lovingly."

<Bobby> He chuckled, relaxing, eyes sliding closed as he nuzzled her. "Kinky."

<Lorna> Her eyes just rolled and she poked him in the side. "You would say that."

<Bobby> Bobby grinned and gave her a lick on the neck. "Yep."

<Lorna> She arched an eyebrow at him and laughed. "You're impossible, literally."

<Bobby> "Mmm, you like it." His grin grew when his daughter agreed, poking and wriggling against him. Dead. There was no way he would leave- "I woke up in the lake," he said, voice less sleepy now.

<Lorna> "...how? Our lake?" Lorna asked, confused.

<Bobby> Bobby shifted and pushed up onto his elbow to look at her. "Yeah... our lake." He frowned, remembering. "Not the first time though... I woke up... in a lot of lakes... then ours?" He made a face, just as confused as she was.

<Lorna> "That's...weird...but really good." Lorna got out, laughing and holding onto him again.

<Bobby> "That's me," he chuckled, leaning back into her embrace. Things... were coming back now. "Shit," he started, running his hand through his hair. "Rachel."

<Lorna> "Darren took her in, she's okay. You can visit her tomorrow, yeah?" Lorna stroked her fingers through his hair. "You're fine now so everyone's fine...well, Nur's not fine but hey."

<Lorna> "Not something I like but it's too late now."

<Bobby> "Oh... yeah, Nur." He laid back down with her, sighing contentedly at her petting. "Fucking ground opened up and swallowed him... I didn't want Rae to have to live with killing him." Bobby snorted a mirthless laugh. "That worked out great."

<Bobby> Real amusement bubbled up then. "More sneaky. Hee, yeah, I should work on that."

<Lorna> "Harder for people to blow you to bits if they don't know you're trying to flash freeze some sense, eh?" She chuckled, leaning her forehead against him. "You did what you could, Bobby."

<Bobby> "I know." He shifted close, pressing against her and kissing her forehead. "Guess I'll have to go haunt her ass tomorrow, yeah?"

<Lorna> "...can we give you ghost make up? We can totally go to Paige before you go... that'd be too mean though, wouldn't it?"

<Bobby> "I can drift through the mansion and woooooooooo." Bobby giggled, completely uncaring it sounded rather nuts. "That's so mean, Dee. I love it." He snuggled into her, trailing kisses down her cheek and planting one on her lips. "And you."

<Lorna> "It'd be fun!" Lorna laughed, leaning up to give him another kiss. "Love you too, zombie Bobby."

<Bobby> "Braaaains," he groaned, nomming her neck. "Boobs?"

<Lorna> "Hey, it's not every day you come back from the dead."

<Bobby> "Boobs..." Bobby growled as he kissed her throat, hands sliding under her shirt. Turns out it was a good day to not die.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 11/6 Instance: He Is Risen

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Bobby's a real-life Horus!

SO RAD! BTW the middle doggy in your pack of adorable puppies? Kinda looks like a fat Evee.

But, I digress.

You two did a great job! I love reunion instances! They're wonderfully sweet.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Nothing can kill Bobby!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

steyn wrote:Nothing can kill Bobby!
Just think of all the implications! Most importantly, that he owes Mel a shawarma.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

YAY!!! He lives!!! <3 Lorby always makes me so very happy.