11/4 Instance: 48 Hours Part II

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/4 Instance: 48 Hours Part II

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined: Right after 48 Hours Part I

<Cecilia> Cecilia watched Fabian trying to fry some eggs on the stove from her spot on the counter, chuckling to herself. "You were right, watching you trying to fry an egg tipsy is a sight to see." She took another sip of water. The two of them were trying to mitigate some of the hangover they might have and what better way to do that than some eggs? They even had cheese to go with the omlette.

<@Fabian> "I don't know how to cook, it's not my fault!" Fabian tried to defend himself and flip his egg over at the same time which was a challenge. "This is just at my skill level and all it is is putting an egg in a skillet. Seriously, how can I fuck that up?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "I have no idea how you fuck that up? How can you go your entire life not knowing how to cook? You're eighteen years old! Geez, by the time I was twelve I was already doing the housework and cooking the meals." She chuckled. "I'll have to teach you. If you can read you can cook, you know."

<@Fabian> "When exactly was I cooking before coming here?" Fabian reminded her, clicking his tongs at her. "We have different life skills...this is just one you have that I lack."

<Cecilia> Cecilia blinked. "You had a cook ? Really? That's really weird!" She laughed. "And what can you do that I can't besides the usual rich whiteguy stuff?"

<@Fabian> "Nothing, I meant those to be my life skills." Fabian shrugged. "Though I would like to think I have some talents unique to myself."

<Cecilia> Cecilia had to concede to that. "That's true. I can't do strategy like you do. I can't shoot and I'm 'Merican. Not that I've actually wanted to..." She trailed off. "So, yes there are things unique to you."

<Cecilia> She grinned. "I'm making some steak!" She announced, hopping off the counter and digging through the fridge. "Do you know how to make steak?"

<@Fabian> "If someone left all the ingredients out for me I imagine I could manage tartare." Fabian deadpanned to her, plating up the eggs. "Teach me your ways." He waved to the stove, turning it over.

<Cecilia> Cecilia pulled out a pan and margarine to grease up the pan. "Luckily this isn't frozen. I'd have to defrost it and that takes about an hour when it's sitting in cold water." She put the steak into the pan. "And now we wait!" She said brightly. "You'll know it's cooked when there's no red inside it. A little pink's okay though."

<Cecilia> "I could also put stuff on it like BBQ sauce or seasoning if you want. But really that's all there is to this. Just flip it over a bit every once in awhile and don't ever handle something else that you touched raw meat with. You'll get sick."

<Cecilia> "Nothing about this is hard. It just takes some practice and someone to teach you."

<@Fabian> Fabian took a seat on the counter, just smirking at her as they cooked. "I think I've got the basics, just not the art of making food that doesn't taste like ass and a half." The eggs were edible at least and he was tearing into his as he talked. "What else should I have you teach me then?"

<Cecilia> "Depends. What do you like?" She said. "I know mostly basics. Chicken, pasta, all kinds of meat, vegetables. I just mix and match them around. I wasn't making sushi or anything!" She laughed. "I'm not the world's greatest chef. I just do well enough not to starve. Truthfully, I'm not much of a homemaking type. I get things done but I'm not truly interested in it. I prefer my work."

<@Fabian> "You've ate with me enough to figure out that I pretty much will eat anything." Fabian pointed out, settling back against the cabinets. "I'm a big fan of foraging when it comes to eating here, won't lie. That and a lot of delivery. So far haven't starved...though I've quit ordering Chinese as often."

<Cecilia> Cecilia quirked an eyebrow. "Well that's all fine and dandy but what happens when you leave here and go...wherever you're going to go?" She gestured with her fork. "You might get a bit fat getting take-out all the time. We're very active in this place. In most careers you're sitting on your ass most of the day. Well, most careers you'd qualify for anyways."

<Cecilia> She smiled. "Also, it's a useful skill to have..." She tried to think of a way to make him see the benefit of this. "What if you have someone over? You could impress them with your culinary skills!"

<Cecilia> "Plus, you'll waste money getting others to do what you can do yourself...I dunno, call me cheap, but I think it's prudent to save money."

<@Fabian> "I do exercise, you know. I'm not a complete lay-about." Fabian defended himself again, poking his own stomach to attempt to judge it. "Plus judging by the family I've hit the shape I pretty much have."

<@Fabian> "I do believe in useful skills, though I assure you." He poked her this time. "I have better ways to impress than my lacklustre culinary skills."

<Cecilia> "Oh-ho-ho. You do, do you?" Said Cecilia teasingly. "Alright, I'm listening."

<<@Fabian> "Could anyone that runs around like I do be accused of lazing about?" Fabian puffed up a bit. "And I'm not completely useless during gym, thank you."

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled. "No, you couldn't. And no, you aren't useless at all. Perhaps not the first picked when we're playing basketball but then, who the hell am I to talk? I'm shorter than you." She smirked, pleased with her teasing.

<@Fabian> "Hey now, my aim is more than good enough to make up for my height...and I could still grow, you know, it's not completely unheard of." He still held out some hope in any case.

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled. "You could," she said, not wanting to crush his hopes. "But if you don't it doesn't matter. You'll always be tall to me." It was true, Cecilia was only 5'3".

<Cecilia> She cut the steak a little. "This is ready," she said, slapping it onto the plates. "Enjoy!"

<Cecilia> She looked outside. It was beginning to get a little light. "Wanna have our picnic outside? We can watch the sunrise and grate some cheese on these suckers," she indicated to the omelettes.

<@Fabian> "And we still have the rest of the booze to finish up. I can feel myself getting sober and that seems wrong somehow." Fabian said between bites of steak, sliding off of the counter. "Lets get going then."

<Cecilia> ((Time Passes))

<@Fabian> "You're sure you're good with the height?" Fabian asked, climbing out of the window and onto the roof of the school, looking back and offering his arm to help Cecilia out.

<Cecilia> Cecilia scrambled up drunkenly. "Heee!" She laughed, drunk again on the wine they had with the cheese and omelettes. "Yeah, I'm fiiine. I'm good." Obviously being drunk mitigated her fear of heights.

<Cecilia> "So, are we sliding now? I like slides!" She cried drunkenly. "Power me up!"

<@Fabian> Fabian was having trouble controlling his laughter just from being at the moment as he powered her up. "We're sliding down! But shhhh, we're going to wake everybody up at this rate!" And for some reason that was funny.

<Cecilia> "I don't ccaaaarrrrre!" Sang Cecilia, loudly. "Want the whole wwwwooorrrld to see the perfection that is my slide!" She created a transulcent force field in the shape of the slide and sat down. "You're riding bitch!" She laughed. "Heehee!"

<Cecilia> "We should see if anybody's up! They can climb out the window and join the slide!" She said, drunkenly inspired. "PPAAAAARRRTTTY SSLLLIIDEEE!" She sang out.

<Fabian> My god, what had he created? Fabian laughed and took the seat behind her. "Lets do this thing!" He sang out with her, giving a careful shove to get her going forward.

<Cecilia> Cecilia went down the slide laughing. "Fabian that better be a pen in your pocket!" She teased, stopping at one of the windows. "Whose room is this?" She tapped on the window. "Hey! Wanna join our slide?"

<Cecilia> "OY fuck off! It's five in the fuckin' mornin'!" Yelled a muffled voice from behind the glass. "Guess not..." said Cecilia.

<Fabian> "Oh please, nothing's poking you." Fabian did prod her back with his hands at that. "And hey, no stopping on the party slide, it's all ready left the building!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia dropped the slide in a steep dive and swung around the corner of the school to the girl's wing. "This room has a lot of pink," she remarked.

<Fabian> "Are we window peeping?" Fabian asked, now curious to look in all the windows. "I never suspected you of such behavior, Miss Reyes."

<Cecilia> "Miss Reyes? Pffftthahaha! It's Ceeeciilllliaaaaa to you, buddy!" She dropped the slide again, turning wildly around the building corners. "Ceeelllliia you're breaking my heart! You're shakin' my confidence daily!" She laughed. "I'm named after that. The song, y'know."

<Fabian> "...you should have never told me that, you realize that now, yes?" Fabian had a glint of evil his his eye behind her.

<Cecilia> "Whyyy?" She giggled. "Who're you named after?"

<Fabian> "Nobody in particular." Fabian shrugged as they started to near the ground. "Traditionally speaking the saint, I suppose."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed maniacally. "Saint Fabian! Hahaha! WHOA!" She yelped as she lost some concentration, sending them into a steep drop that sent them into a snow bank.

<Cecilia> Cecilia sat up, spitting out snow. "You alright?" She snorted again. "Hehehe, Saint Fabi..." She rolled around in the snow. "You're inappropriately named!"

<Fabian> Fabian laughed as they crashed, flailing to fling the snow off of him as he sat up. "I am perfectly named, thank you! Half the saints were really jackasses, especially the ones who were Pope."

<Fabian> "What would you call me?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia pondered this a moment. "I'd call you..." An evil smirk appeared on her face. "...Montague."

<Cecilia> "I'd call you Monty!" She laughed. Flailing into the snow. "Haha! Monty Python!"

<Fabian> "...I pity your future children."

<Fabian> "And why am I French in your mind?"

<Cecilia> "What's wrong with the French?" Asked Cecilia incredulously. "They're classy."

<Fabian> "I am way classier than the French."

<Cecilia> Cecilia got up and ran/stumbled back in the direction of the front doors. "Hehehe...Monty!"

<Fabian> ((Time Passes))

<Fabian> "Fore!" Fabian swung, getting up on his tiptoes on the roof to look over the edge of the trees to see how far the ball went. "Not bad, yeah?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia grinned. "Nice shot, Fabi." She lined up her shot. "Okay, here's goes nothing... FORE!" She bellowed. Sending the ball flying over the backyard lawn and into the lake. "Crap."

<Fabian> "Down where no ball shall ever return unless we decide to take up scuba diving...you want to go get scuba suits?" Fabian asked, turning to her and laughing.

<Cecilia> "Yeah!" She laughed with him. "Or snorkel. Oh, we should do that when we go someplace! We should snorkel! How about in Austrailia? We can go to the reef and we don't even have to worry about sharks with me around!"

<Fabian> Fabian laughed, swinging again trying to get into the gutter of the boathouse. "That sounds fantastic. Where's the list, we've got to write that down."

<Cecilia> Cecilia pulled the list out of her pocket. "I put down 'Go To A Club' earlier in the biker bar." She handed him the list and her pen.

<Fabian> "It's a bit early for clubs...or late...depends on how you look at our time schedule for this." Fabian shrugged at that, sitting down on the roof and taking the paper to pencil in their plans. "Got anything else to add?"

<Cecilia> "Well, I was actually planning to ask May and Sue if they wanted to go sometime. And you said maybe Lukas or Jean-Paul and Reed might go too." She laughed. "Do you not remember?"

<Cecilia> She thought a moment. "Go to a museum. I've never been to one other than the taxidermy place and the cheese memoralbilia place."

<Fabian> "...you want to go to the MET?" Fabian asked, grabbing his club again.

<Cecilia> "The MET?" Said Cecilia. "Yeah, I'd love to. Why the MET in particular though? I didn't think you were into art." She took up her position again with the club.

<Fabian> "I like art just fine...I've always wanted to get high on something and go to the MET though. What say you?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia hesitated a moment. "It depends..." she said finally. "You're talking like pot or something right?"

<Cecilia> She thought a moment. "I've seen some very terrible things, Fabian. I won't talk about the details but I was there when my dad...was killed. I'd be worried if I did I might have a flashback or start seeing something a la Salad Fingers."

<Fabian> Fabian couldn't help but laugh. "Don't worry, Cee, I'm not going to try and talk you into anything that'd bring Salad Fingers down on you plus I doubt we should really try to do any deals while we're tipsy with golfclubs...so we'll just shove a bunch of Sean's brownies into a bag and go to the museum...we're going to have to act sober though...can we do that?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "We can try! We'll have some coffee or something before we go." She swung her last swing hard. "TO CULTURE!" The ball bounced off the roof of the boathouse and far away, someone with green hair opened a window. "Oh shit, run!"

<Fabian> ((Time Passes))

<Cecilia> It'd taken a little while for them to get to New York by train but they'd gotten to the MET without much trouble. "Just so you know. I am only doing this once," she said, jovially. "I'm not making this a habit. I don't want my motivation to be sapped. I've a lot to do in life!" She said as they checked their coats.

<Fabian> "Have you seen me losing motivation now?" He took a glance around to make sure it wasn't too conspicuous and then passed her her share of their brownies. "Best be quick about it."

<Cecilia> Cecilia hesitated for a second, then stuffed one brownie in her mouth. "Ish naw too much f'first tim'e?" She said, through a mouthful.

<Fabian> "No, half of it's baked out anyway," Fabian explained, stuffing his own in and grabbing one of the bottles of milk he had grabbed at the train station. "'ll be wan'ing 'his."

<Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "No, I won'," she said polishing off her brownie as they climbed the stairs. "Lactose intolerant."

<Fabian> "Point. Next time remind me to get something else instead." He laughed, hurrying after her.

<Cecilia> She nodded. "S'alright. I should've paid more attention. You'll remember eventually the longer we know each other. It's sorta second nature to me."

<Cecilia> They reached the permanenet collections. "Wow," said Cecilia, looking at all the oil paintings. Studying Vincent van Gogh's Cypress Trees. "This is so beautiful!" The brownies were definitely taking effect.

<Fabian> "I'm still too drunk to remember such things." Fabian confided to her, laughing as he stuffed their things away in his bag, taking in the sights just a bit behind her.

<Fabian> "This was the best idea."

<Cecilia> Cecilia felt a little relieved about that. At least if she said something stupid he wouldn't remember. "I'll keep telling you," she said fondly. "And yes this was the greatest idea!" She laughed.

<Cecilia> An older lady in a fur coat and pearls glared at them as they took in Sargent's Portrait of Madame X. Cecilia stared back at her, which made her frown more, shaking her head as she waddled away. "...She should have a tiny poodle," said Cecilia suddenly to Fabian.

<Fabian> "I think she does, it's just hidden it's head away in shame. Either that or she has a crap ton of dalmations at home for nefarious purposes."

<Cecilia> Cecilia sniggered. "Hehe, Cruella DeVille!" She took in Goya's Majas On A Balcony. "I like Goya. But I think he had a real things for majas."

<Fabian> "Well, I suppose some people have to worry about the clothes while others paint what's under." Fabian shrugged, looking with her.

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. Making a few people turn. "Sheesh, everyone's real uptight here," she said looking at Monet's Houses of Parliment. "Am I that uptight? If I am that sucks."

<Fabian> "You have your moments." Fabian teased, giving her a prod and stopping at Ulpiano Checa. "Somethin unsettling here..."

<Cecilia> "Really? How so?" She said peering at the painting. "Hehe, pot makes you paranoid Fabi..."

<Fabian> "But it's unsettling, it is! I think it's the eyes, they're too close together or something...it's not right."

<Cecilia> "Ooookay, we're gonna go over here now before you have an existential crisis, Fab..." She directed him to another painting. "Look! Flowers isn't that nice?"

<Fabian> "Flowers are simply natures flashers. Look at all that plant genitalia."

<Cecilia> Cecilia wrinkled her nose. "Ew. Imma look at boats now in these paintings and try to forget that, Fabi. You've ruined flowers for me forever!" She snorted.

<Fabian> "Now you know what's going on if someone gets you flowers!" Fabian laughed after her. "Boats are safe, boats float."

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "Thank you, Captain Obvious! Hey...Captain Obvious...I think that'll be your codename. You don't have one yet..."

<Fabian> "I refuse to answer to Captain Obvious...I am the least obvious person you know."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "You're right, Miles has a monopoly on lack of subtlety."

<Fabian> "And I am a human mystery." Fabian claimed, pulling Cecilia off towards the sculptures.

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed the sculptures. "Making these must take a long ass time. Imagine chopping at this shit all day. It's like being a glorified quarry worker."

<Fabian> "Yeah, I don't have near the patientice for such a thing." Fabian thoughtfully looked at the sculptures that were around them. "...I really want to touch one."

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "Do it! While no-one watching, quick!" She laughed.

<Fabian> Fabian looked from side to side, and then promptly touched a statue inappropriately.

<Cecilia> Cecilia slapped her forehead. She was surrounded by immature men. "Fab, God that's so embarassing!" She giggled.

<Fabian> "You know you want to do it too, get over here and slap a stone ass."

<Cecilia> Cecilia turned red. "Oh my God..." She knew better than to argue with him though, knowing he'd just be more insistent. She awkwardly patted a stone statue on the side. Her face as red as her hair.

<Fabian> Unfortunately, that moment would be when the security guard would come into the room. Soon enough both of them found themselves gracelessly removed from the museum.

<Cecilia> Cecilia walked down the street. Her face beet red, holding her coat. "I can't believe we got kicked out of the Met...I'll never live this down..."

<Fabian> "I know, it was fantastic!" Fabian threw his arms wide, laughing into the streets.

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled a little. "Yeah it was..." She pulled out the list and crossed off 'Stay Up All Night' and 'Go To A Museum.' "Annddd we've been up since...eight or so yesterday morning? And probably won't be sleeping till this evening..."

<Cecilia> She perked up. "Wanna get something foreign to eat? You can buy this time. We're in New York City. Might as well take advantage."

<Fabian> "Nepalese?" Fabian pulled his phone out, trying to look for an appropriate restaurant.

<Cecilia> ((Time Passes))

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked back at Fabian as he stopped in his tracks. "C'mon Fabian, last train leaves in fifteen minutes! We're gonna be stranded if we're not careful!"

<Fabian> "I'm coming, just a minute, I'll meet you on the train." He doubled back quickly, grabbing his wallet and chuckling to himself.

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned and walked ahead slowly, she wasn't going to get on the train only to watch him get left behind while she went ahead. They were friends. Friends stuck together.

<Fabian> Fabian cut it close but he was booking it for Cecilia and the platform as the train rolled up, chocolate dipped waffles and a bouquet of flowers in his hand. "Treats!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia widened her eyes as she used a force field to block the doors for him. "What's all this?" She laughed.

<Fabian> "I get a waffle, you get a waffle, and you get flowers because why not?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia took the flowers. "Nobody's ever given me flowers..." she said, smiling. She blinked. "Wait a minute...is this a joke about the museum?" She laughed. "I didn't know it was possible to be touched and grossed out at the same time!"

<Cecilia> She chuckled, taking a seat. "Thank you, Fabian...this has been one for the books."

<Fabian> He gave her a cheeky salute. "I do try." He announced, taking his seat as well as well as a big bite from his waffle.

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "You succeed!"
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 11/4 Instance: 48 Hours Part II

Post by Svartfreja »

DAAAAAAATE!!!!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6