11/3 Instance: 48 Hours (Part I)

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/3 Instance: 48 Hours (Part I)

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Cecilia> Cecilia lay on her bed, tears seeping down her face. She had showered, had something to eat and tried to go to bed early but she couldn't fall asleep. She just kept replaying the events in Cairo over and over again in her head.

<Cecilia> Was there anything they could've done? Had she somehow failed her teammates and friends again? She didn't know. All she knew was someone she'd cared for was dead. Just as everyone she cared for was bound to end up sooner or later. I'll live to see them suffer...and then it'll be my turn...

<@Fabian> Fabian knocked at the door, having showered for the duration of being home just for the sake of it and gotten dressed in a typical going out look because he was damned if he was going to be staying at the school tonight. He just needed a compatriot and it just seemed wrong to escape from things with Lukas when Lukas didn't quite know what was going on still.

<Cecilia> Cecilia sniffed and scrubbed at her eyes. "Come in! It's open!"

<@Fabian> Fabian opened the door and stepped in. "What do you say we blow this popsicle stand tonight?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked at Fabian and blinked. "Someone just died and you want to go out and party? Pick up a few girls?" She snapped. "Look I get you didn't like him alright, but have some goddamn respect! Jesus Christ, Cortez." She pulled the blankets over her head to hide the tears.

<@Fabian> Fabian shook his head. "That's not what this is about, Cee." Great, now he looked like an ass. "And I think you've all ready given me the 'I'm not your wingman' talk anyway so no picking up, swear."

<Cecilia> "Then what is it about?" She said, throwing the blankets off herself. "Wingwoman," she corrected. "What've we got to celebrate? Bob's dead. His wife is going to be raising their child alone. Their child !" She shook her head. "That kid will never know her father or how much her parents went through..." She stopped, dissolving into tears. Fuck...

<@Fabian> "And what point is it to sit about and cry about what's been lost? I've just...never been much for that I suppose. It's not how I work...I thought you could use the distraction, too." He gave her a shrug and came on in, taking a seat on the foot of her bed. "And I think that kid's going to know everything. You think people aren't going to tell her all about it?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia felt the anger drain out of her. "Oh for Christ sake, Fab." She hugged him so hard she nearly tackled him. Leaning her head on his shoulder. "I know...I know she'll know. I just...I can't believe that that's how it had to end. How Bob's life ended."

<Cecilia> "It's just...It's so unfair. They were so happy! They had everything going for them. Things were being to work out! And now everything's been shot to hell!" She sniffed. "...I can't...I can't believe how...unfair it is..."

<@Fabian> Fabian lost some breath due to that hug but hugged her back though not nearly as tight for fear of cutting off her oxygen as well. "Of course it's unfair. The only thing that's fair in life is games children play and half the time the little buggers are cheating."

<Cecilia> "I know...I know but I can't believe it...I just..." She squeezed him tighter. "I just...don't want it to be..." She leaned back and wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry..."

<Fabian> "You've nothing to be sorry about...so is it still a no for you to head out from this school and do some living?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia thought a moment. "No, I mean yes. I want to do some living..." She looked over to the bucket list on the corkboard. "In fact...we should start on that list...After all, if we learn anything from today it should probably be 'live now' and not later." She pulled the list down. "You'll do some with me?"

<Fabian> "Now that's more like it." Fabian nodded and got up from her bed. "You get dressed and we'll get to it for as long as we can go then."

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled and got up. "I think we crossed one out today...#12: Kick Rachel's Ass. Or does that count?" She grabbed some things out of her dresser and rushed into the bathroom. "Let's do #5: Stay Up All Night. We can do more on the list the longer we're up! And alcohol. We need it. I don't know about you but I plan to get fucking wasted."

<Fabian> "Yeah, I'd say it counts. I doubt we're going to have another chance to even want to kick her ass properly." Fabian pulled a pen out of his pocket to cross it off. "You mean I get to meet drunk Cee?"

<Cecilia> "I got drunk on Halloween!" Called Cecilia. "Or were you so wasted you don't remember?"

<Fabian> "...yes." Fabian admitted, then laughed. "You get yourself ready and meet me down in the garage, yes?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Well, you'll meet drunk me again. And this time the night doesn't end until we both pass out or I throw up in the bushes. I'll be there in a minute!"

<Fabian> "If it doesn't at some point in this night we're not doing our job!" Fabian called back, waving as he hurried out.

((Time Passes))

<Fabian> Fabian swung the clubs over his shoulder, grabbing the champagne bottle up in his free hand. "First thing, we drink as much as we can from our bottles in one go, then we play a hole. Don't worry, there's plenty of champagne."

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled. "I've never played golf before. I can't believe you had some clubs." She took the champagne bottle. "Alright, here goes nothing!" She popped the top off and raised the bottle. "To getting wasted with friends!" She took a long swing and coughed a little.

<Cecilia> "Right let's do this!" She said, taking a club and lining up her shot. Making the ball fly off course and into the woods far away. "Shit."

<Fabian> "I'm pretentious and amazingly white, I've got fencing equipment too but we'd have to find you a breastplate." Fabian failed at defending himself there as he selected his club, laughing at her shot and taking his drink. "I'll show you how it's done now." He teased, swinging as hard as he could for the hole.

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted and took another swig from the bottle offered by Fabian. "I can't believe you fenced. Did you play polo too? That is so-" she swung hard, making the ball fly into the lake. "-douchy!"

<Fabian> "When are you just going to accept the fact that I am king-douche? And don't knock it, I enjoyed fencing, not as much as shooting but still but no, I definitely didn't do polo. I don't do any kind of sport where I have to watch out for the steaming divet."

<Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head, grinning. "You're crazy! Aren't guns supposed to be a thing in 'Merica? I thought you Euros didn't go for the whole gun thing." She laughed as she knocked another ball into the woods, kicking up a huge pile of snow and grass as she did. "Did you eat caviar too? And have a monocle?"

<Fabian> "Not typically but I'm good with them so why not?" Fabian shrugged, laughing as her ball vanished into the woods again. "We're going to have a time finding these balls you know...and what's wrong with caviar?"

<Cecilia> "I dunno isn't it fish eggs or something?" She asked. "I've never had it." She took another swig. "I've never had champagne either."

<Cecilia> She grinned and began pretend fencing with the golf club. "En garde!" She laughed. "Hey, you fence and you're Spanish that makes you like Inigo Montoya!" She laughed.

<Fabian> Fabian laughed and took up his position with his club as well. "Most of fencing lessons is people quoting that movie. And it is indeed fish eggs, they're delicious as is champagne. We'll grab some caviar once we've finished here, yeah?"

<Cecilia> "It sounds gross...I must try it!" She laughed. "I'll be fancy and rich too!" She laughed, tapping his club. "Oh yeah? you quoted the Princess Bride in fencing lessons? Who'd you fence with they sound fun!"

<Fabian> "We have to try everything." Fabian assured her, twisting his club around to gently poke at her side. "I wasn't really around them outside of that, don't remember names."

<Cecilia> Cecilia swatted at Fabian. "You're making a dirty joke again aren't you?! You weirdo!" She laughed and fired off another ball into the lake. "Hehe, you have to take me to the country club sometime. I'll scare the shit out of everyone on the green!"

<Fabian> "I wasn't!" He protested this accusation. "I mean, if you want to try dirty things I won't stop you but I really wasn't." He shook his head, laughing and motioning her over, intent on actually teaching her how to do this. "In the morning, definitely. We'll terrorize them all."

<Cecilia> "You wish, Fabian!" She snorted, rolling her eyes. She stepped over anyways. "They're gonna be so scared! I might accidentally hit someone. Oh wait! I should've been yelling 'fore'! God, I'm such an idiot!"

<Fabian> "We can yell 'fore all you want, now hold it like this, yeah?" He shifted her hands, laughing. "Then pull back, steady yourself now." He nudged her feet with his to get the stance right. "Now give it a go."

<Cecilia> "Fabian, if this is an excuse to feel me up I'm gonna kill you." She let him shuffle her around a bit though. "FORE!" She yelled as loud as she could possibly manage, sending the ball sailing into the correct place by the hole. "YESSSS!" She laughed.

<Fabian> "If it were I'd use more club shaft." Fabian joked, stepping away in case she swung wild. "You see? I'm not all bad now, am I?" He clapped for her and shouldered their bag. "Next hole?"

<Cecilia> "No, you're worse!" She laughed. "Yes, let's hit the green!"

<Fabian> ((time passes))

<Cecilia> Cecilia hung onto the side of the golf cart for dear life. "Ahhhh!" She cried. "Watch out! Runaway golf cart!"

<Fabian> Fabian was cackling, flooring it as he banked near the sandtrap. "Ceeee, you've got to take a turn driving, I want to try to climb on top!"

<Cecilia> "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Exclaimed Cecilia. "That's awesome!" She laughed, intoxication ruling over her better judgement. She took the wheel. "Hang on and don't fall off! Want me to make a shield box so you can't? Fall off, I mean."

<Fabian> "Until I get my balance, yeah." Fabian laughed, grabbing the poles on the side and clambering up for the top of the cart, yelling happily as he did so.

<Cecilia> Cecilia created a little shield dome to keep him from falling and floored the gas, taking the corners around the course wildly. "Neewww recccorddd!" She shouted, imitating one of May's games.

<Fabian> "This is too much fun!" Fabian called down to her, eventually trying to stand up and easily getting bounced off and into the forcefield. "Crap, sorry!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia was laughing too hard to notice though. "I wouldn't have offered if I didn't expect to have my fields tapped!" She swung the cart wildly, sliding on the pavement and doing a doughnut. "I love golfing!" She laughed.

<Fabian> Fabian had to grab onto the back as not to roll all around the shield, climbing back in. "It's fun, people who say it's boring don't know how to do it right!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Where to now, Fabi? We have a trusty steed," she said, patting the golf cart. "The night is young. Name your destination!"

<Fabian> "...To the closest bar!"

<Fabian> ((Time passes))

<Fabian> "...I think I've been here before with Johnny." Fabian remembered this biker bar...and hoped he didn't have any enemies.

<Cecilia> "Really?" Snorted Cecilia. "You went to this dive? Do you even own a bike?" She laughed into her beer and shuffled closer to Fabian. "Some dude with an 'I Heart Mom' tattoo keeps looking at me funny." She gestured to a very stereotypical looking biker guy who seemed more absorbed in his beer than her. "Keep me safe! You're my date tonight!" She giggled.

<Fabian> "Well we are a bit overdressed for this place." Fabian pointed out, laughing at the guy and his beer. "Don't worry, we'll keep one another safe here...might've pissed a few people off last time I was here...if this is the right place. I'm not entirely sure and no, don't own a bike."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "I'm glad I wore my leather jacket, I think it's helping." She threw back another shot. "I think this place needs some music!" She hopped up and ran to the jukebox and threw in a quarter. 'Bad To The Bone' began playing.

<Cecilia> Cecilia began swaying to the music. Dancing well for someone who was clearly drunk. "Baaaddd to the bone!"

<Fabian> Fabian was sober enough to realize just how ridiculous this all was, covering his mouth up and laughing but he couldn't let a lady dance alone now, could he? He got up to quickly join in.

<Cecilia> Cecilia took Fabian's hands and began dancing with him in a exaggerated swing all around the floor, around the pool tables, past the confused bikers and smirking waitresses with big hairdos. "I'll make a rich woman beg! I'll make a good woman steal!"

<Fabian> "I should have taken you to a gay bar if you were going to be doing that now." Fabian pointed out, going right along with her. Drunk Cecilia was hilarious and he was going to try to do this more often.

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Oh my God! We have to take May and Sue! They could take us clubbing!" She imagined a dance club. "I've never been to a club! We should take everyone! And make them dance too, no sitting in the corner and whining!"

<Fabian> "You've never been to a club? Oh, we are going to be doing that any minute then!" Fabian laughed, "And we'll definitely take them, and Reed and Jean-Paul, Lukas, basically anyone who'd be interested. We're going to have an epic night out sometime then...I wonder how many guys I can lead on."

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "Lead on? I heard you and Lukas did the deed!" She laughed. "You mean to say he's not your one exception? I've been shipping you, you jerks!"

<Fabian> "Who told you that? Noooo, no we did not do anything. I mean when the opportunity is ripe and we're both drunk don't think he hasn't tried but still, no."

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "When I came to the school everyone told me to watch out for you cause apparently you'd slept with every girl in the school AND Lukas. I know now that's an exaggeration. You're good, but nobody's that good!" She snorted.

<Fabian> "How is three everyone?" Fabian looked hurt though. "And I am that good. I just don't work exclusively at the school."

<Cecilia> Cecilia felt a little bad. "Hey, don't worry! Slut's only a word for people who can't get any right? You told me that." Okay, Cecilia didn't think that, but she didn't want her friend to be hurt. "Threes's a respectable number." She hugged him. "Don't worry, you're still my favourite. No matter what anyone says."

<Fabian> "Of course," Fabian laughed and danced faster with her. "And anyway, it's only been a few months, I'm working on more once people are happier. Nobody wants sad sex. It's the worst."

<Fabian> "And I'm everyone's favourite, most people just don't want to admit it."

<Cecilia> "I wouldn't know..." said Cecilia suddenly feeling upset. "I guess you are..." And she was one of the most hated. She was the crazygirl that everyone thought was going lose it. She stopped dancing. "I need more to drink." She had to obliterate what he had just said from her mind.

<Fabian> "To drinks!" Fabian grabbed her hand again and led her off to do shots. "Don't worry, I'm not, I'm still the terrorist to a few people's eyes." He chuckled, ordering their shots.

<Cecilia> "Pfft," snorted Cecilia. "Anyone who really knows you, is really your friend, knows that's not true." She laughed and let him drag her along. She'd think about sad stuff later.

<Fabian> ((Time Passes))

<Fabian> The music was loud and Fabian had just thrown himself into the mosh pit without a single thought to what a bad idea it might be, laughing and shoving around just as much as he got shoved. "Cee! Come on!"

<Cecilia> Cecelia deflected most of the drunken idiots (of which she was included) with a subtle forcefield, knocking a few posers over so that people had to stand in a safety circle around them. "I win!" She cheered, raising her fists like a champion fighter.

<Cecilia> "I wanna be up higher," she said. "Oh! I know!" She began climbing onto the stage. "C'mon Fabi!"

<Fabian> Oh hell yes. Fabian ran from the pit up after her, giving a cackle and hurrying to the stage. He grabbed onto her arm and hurried for the band. "We jumping off?"

<Cecilia> "Yes!" She laughed. "Sunnyside up or sunnyside down?"

<Fabian> "Down, why not?" Fabian shrugged, peering out at the crowd. "Shall we then?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded and grabbed Fabian's hand. "On three. Unos, dos, TRES!" She leapt into the crowd, back towards the hands. "HAHA! Bobby, allà on estiguis, gràcies!" She cried.

<Cecilia> ((Bobby, wherever you are, thank you!))

<Fabian> Fabian was surprised by the hand grab but luckily jumped in time for it not to matter, cackling all the way.
<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed manically as she surfed above the crowd. "Best idea ever!!!" She laughed. "Sóc un geni!"

<Cecilia> ((I'm a genius!))

<Fabian> "You are!" Fabian called back, just letting himself enjoy the feeling of being carried away.

<Cecilia> ((Time Passes))

<Cecilia> Cecilia covered her ears as they set off an alarm at the cheese memorabilia museum. "Merda, ràpid utilitzar les seves habilitats d'espionatge, Fabi!" She laughed.

<Cecilia> ((Shit, quick use your spy skills, Fabi!))

<Fabian> Fabian just laughed as he dealt with the alarm. "I can't believe this place actually has an alarm. Do you think they have samples? I could go for some cheese right now."

<Cecilia> Cecilia giggled and peered in at the cheese. "<I like cheese. I can only have a little bit though or I get sick.>" She looked around. "<We might have to help ourselves.>"

<Cecilia> And with that said she went straight to a cheese display, inserting a force field on each side of the top of a display case and neatly lifting off the glass top. "<Here.>" She held out some cheese.

<Fabian> "I'm a big fan." Fabian said of cheese, taking a bite. "I'd say helping ourselves is just part of the fun. Nothing like theft drunk eating, yeah?" He laughed, folding his suit jacket over his arm and glancing about the place.

<Fabian> "How does one even start to want to keep a cheese museum?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia nibbled her cheese thoughtfully. "<Why does anyone want a museum? To keep shit they want to remember. This cheese might be important.>" And now she was eating it. Haa.

<Cecilia> She looked around. "<I went to a museum once when I was a kid. It wasn't very big though...actually it might've been a taxidermy place. My school probably couldn't afford a real museum.>" She frowned.

<Fabian> "I really hope this cheese isn't too old. I mean, aged is fine but this has just been sitting under a glass case." Fabian glanced around at the wall art. "I like museums well enough, stayed in one once because I could."

<Cecilia> Cecilia blinked. "You did?!" She said, startled back into speaking English. "When?! What kind of museum?"

<Fabian> "The palace, it was a museum for the most part." Fabian replied. "This isn't the first one beside that I've broken into though. I enjoy moving things around."

<Cecilia> Cecilia's eyes widened. "The palace? Where is that and how long where you there?" She laughed again. "How many places have you broken into a stayed in? Why would you do that?"

<Fabian> "I was in and out for three weeks." Fabian shrugged, not really able to explain the why involved in it. "I just did, it was something to do, I guess."

<Cecilia> "Hmmm, have a thing for being a ghost in an empty house?" She smiled, leaning against the glass case. "You certainly spend a lot of time wandering around old abandoned places."

<Fabian> "I suppose so, I like being places where there aren't anyone around or anyone who would know me I suppose. It's one of the reasons I like travel, too. I like the anonymity."

<Cecilia> "I get that. Go somewhere else, be somebody else. No expectations, no obligations...Just you and the place..." She smiled. "That and cheese!"

<Fabian> Fabian paused in his wanderings, thinking about that for just as long as his drunk brain would let him. "Yes, cheese, and lovely company in a lovely dress."

<Cecilia> Cecilia chortled. "Oh yeah? Anyone in mind?" She snorted. Wondering who the hell he was thinking of.

<Fabian> "...I can't call you lovely company even without you thinking I might be referring to you?" Fabian laughed, motioning her over. "Come on, they have a wall devoted to graters, this is hilarious."

<Cecilia> Cecilia felt so happy she thought her heart might burst. She threw her arms around Fabian again. "You're so nice!" She smiled drunkenly at him. "Well, what d'you expect, hic, no-one else likes my company much. And I don't wear skirts or dresses much..." Huh, she wondered why she never did. Oh yeah, because of her ass.

<Cecilia> "And those graters are fucking hilarious," she snorted. "I think I'll make my own cheese museum. I'll make a fortune."

<Fabian> "I'm sure your cheese museum would be lovely as well." He laughed, keeping one of his arms around her shoulders. "And people will like your company and I imagine people'd appreciate the dresses too but you don't want to give people too much now."

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed him. "Give who too much? How, hic, would I give anyone too much? Too much what?" She asked, wrapping an arm around him. She wasn't watching her words much right now, an indication of her intoxication. "They might, I hope they do."

<Fabian> "You don't want them getting used to it I mean." Fabian laughed, poking her side as he teased her.

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled at the poke. "You're confusing, hic, me. I don't wear anything like that enough for people to get used to it. Hic, I can't pull off the stuff all the other girls do. They're so...tall..."

<Cecilia> "They're like Wonder Woman..." she said, in awe.

<Fabian> "Oh pfft, you're perfectly capable of pulling it off." Fabian snorted at that, looking over at the collection of goudas and finding himself peckish again.

<Cecilia> "One day I will be the prettiest, hic, princess in the land!" She laughed, batting her eyelashes. "I have yet to blossom!" She said, holding up a cheese triumphantly. "We have to bring some back. We'll have champagne or wine or beer...Whatever goes with cheese we'll have it!"

<Fabian> "You've blossomed plenty." Yes, that was a brilliant idea. "Picnic until dawn?" He asked, grabbing more cheese.

<Cecilia> Cecilia filled her arms with cheese. "Yes! And it'll be the best picnic ever! There's no ants!"

<Fabian> "And there's plenty of cheese and drink." Fabian laughed, grabbing a bag for their cheeses and getting the door for her, giving her a sweeping bow. "After you, m'lady"

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled. "Thank you, Senor."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 11/3 Instance: 48 Hours (Part I)

Post by puppygirl »

Yeeeeessssssssss :content
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 11/3 Instance: 48 Hours (Part I)

Post by Slarti »

Heeee!