11/3 Instance: For The Benefit of Mr. Curt

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

11/3 Instance: For The Benefit of Mr. Curt

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[Timeline: Current]

Curt: Curt opened the door to the dorm room and stepped in. It was only on his second step did he realize a) this wasn't his assigned room and b), there was a girl in the room. So it was definitely not a room he was supposed to be in. He turned red and squirmed a bit internally as he raised his eyes to see who it was.

Cecilia: Cecilia stared at the guy with one arm that she'd just recently put under rubble. "Oh Christ... if you got a score to settle with me then you can just forget it!" She said. "I am not destroying another part of this mansion. God help me..."

Curt: Curt stumbled out some sort of apology followed by a series of other muddled apologies for intruding. He tried to turn around and leave but he realized the door was shut. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to. I have no idea what's going on. I'm really sorry. Oh my God, you could have been naked, what the hell. I'm never going to figure this place out."

Cecilia: Cecilia got up from her desk. "Hold on just a second!" She exclaimed. "Where are you going?"

Curt: "I-uh... leaving your room before you hit me?" He confessed.

Cecilia: Cecilia scowled. "I don't know why people keep saying that to me. I don't hit people. When is it ever okay to hit people past the age of five?"

Cecilia: "I'm not gonna hit you. I was actually going to ask if you're doing alright. I mean, I dropped a ceiling on your head."

Curt: "Yeah... I apparently heal once I transform. And I guess the Lizard has hyper-healing anyways so, all around I'm fine." he tried to smile, though he was still worried. "Thanks for the concern, I suppose. You don't happen to know where my dorm room is?"

Cecilia: "Uhhh, no...but I know where the guys dorm is, maybe if we go ask around someone can tell us where you belong." She got up and walked out into the hall. "It's worth a try anyways."

Curt: "Cool." He took it this meant they weren't very good friends before he had left. "So... mind helping me piece together what's going on?" He asked. "You remember anything about me?"

Cecilia: "Sorry," said Cecilia wincing. "I came to the school maybe a week after you guys were taken. Only things I know about you are the general gossip. Nothing really personal."

Curt: "I'm a gossip?" He felt like that was inaccurate. "Who said that? Really? Gossip?" he wondered what this supposed best-friend Johnny had meant.

Cecilia: "No, not you!" Said Cecilia. "You're not a gossip. At least, I don't think you are. I just know a few things about you that anybody knows."

Curt: "Oh... so people gossip about me?" He wasn't sure that was much better. "Okay so... what have you heard?" He asked, following her down the halls.

Cecilia: "Not gossip, that's the wrong word..." Cecilia sighed. "Well, I know you're a science geek like me, you have a fascination with reptiles, you lost an arm, you're from Australia and you date Laura..."

Cecilia: She shrugged. "That's about it really. Sorry, pal. Wish I could tell you more. But I'm new here myself."

Curt: He frowned. "It's alright. What do you know about Laura?" he asked.

Cecilia: "Laura? Not much I'm afraid," she said. "Very Spock-like type of person. Straight-forward. Speaks Spanish and Japanese. Has claws in her forearms and a healing factor. Was used by Dr. Essex..." She trailed off.

Curt: He suddenly remembered Dr. Essex and his hatred towards him. "X-Force." He whispered. "Was he part of that? No... there was no blood on his hands from there. What about Laura? "Laura was on that team, wasn't she?"

Cecilia: Cecilia held up her hands. "Essex was the guy X-Force was after. And as far as I know Laura was captured by Essex. I don't know if she was in X-Force..."

Curt: He stopped walking and closed his eyes, trying to remember. "... I'm not sure either. I can't help but feel like she was, but maybe I'm mistaken. And there's someone else important... Johnny." He looked at her.

Curt: "Do you know Johnny?"

Cecilia: "I know him in passing, he's friends and roommates with my cousin, Miles. Why do you ask?"

Curt: Miles... that one seemed familiar too. "Johnny claims he's my best friend. He has a sister, right? Sssss....Cindy? No. Sssheila?"

Cecilia: "Yeah, he's does. And you're close. Her name's Sue. She's my friend Mayday's girlfriend and I train with her in the Danger Room sometimes."

Curt: He thought about this. We're close? That didn't sound right. Maybe... He got to a door he recognized and stopped. He opened it slightly, amazed to find he recognized the bed and desk inside. "That's mine!" he was practically cheering.

Cecilia: "Alright!" Said Cecilia. "I knew we'd find it!" She looked around Curt's room. "Anything looking familiar, Connors?"

Curt: "All of it!" he said confidently. He immediately recognized the computer as his own. "Thanks for the help! I think I have bevvies in the mini-fridge here if you'd like a refreshment."

Curt: He went to the mini fridge and opened it. Blood samples, tissue samples, a frozen, dead, mouse, and some soda. "There we go!" He picked out the Dr. Pepper.

Cecilia: Cecilia's eyes widened. "Dude, what's up with all the medical gear in there? And you keep your soda in there? Gross." She took the soda anyways though. It was in a can.

Curt: "I think the mouse was food for a reptile... I'm not sure about the blood samples." He inspected them. They had Laura name in full on some of them, the others said "Subject A, Subject B, Subject D". "Where's C?" he asked aloud.

Cecilia: Cecilia peered in. "Dude, if you're running experiments on the students here I swear to God...I'm not putting up with it. I like science but I like ethics even more," she said, only half-jokingly.

Curt: "No... I think this was something she wanted me to do." he admitted. "I'm serious, I think she wanted these samples."

Cecilia: "Hold on a minute, who is 'she'?" Said Cecilia skeptically.

Curt: He held up the test-tube. "Laura." He said. "I don't know
who the other subjects are... I'm willing to bet reptiles." He thought about it for a moment. "... Maybe a chinchilla. I can vaguely recall a chinchilla."

Cecilia: " Why?" Said Cecilia. "Is something wrong with Laura? Or you?"

Curt: "... Now that I think about it, I'm not sure." He felt concern wash over him and his face grew pale. "I hope not."

Cecilia: She looked concerned. "Well, did you ask McCoy if you have any pre-existing medical conditions?"

Curt: "... I feel like he might have told me." Curt closed the fridge, feeling certain that the blood samples had other explanations. "I'm wondering what's in these notebooks." He opened one and began to see formulas. He understood each of them, could even see himself penning them, but for the most part he had no recollection of them.

Cecilia: "What are these?" She said, she recognized formulas but some were completely alien to her.

Curt: "Looks like it's mostly stuff with this company I was working for. Trying to create metal bonding structures for limbs. Foreign body parts recognized as native and natural. I'm seeing some other things here, looks like chemical experimentation for..."

Curt: "LSD?" He was surprised at first but then he realized it was something he did.

Cecilia: Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "You drop acid?" She said, not quite managing to keep the judgmental tone out of her voice.

Curt: "I-... Think I was trying to make a chemically safe version of it. But yeah, now that I think about it, what good musician, slash scientist, hasn't experimented?" He remembered he played piano with Linda.

Curt: It made him sad to stare at his limb and realize he couldn't. "I could feel my other arm when I did."

Cecilia: Cecilia closed her eyes. "Did you lose it in an accident?" She facepalmed. "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have-"

Curt: "No, it's fine. Tell you the truth I can see bits of things... memories. But I don't know what's true or not. I'm assuming I lost it in a car accident, that sounds right." He shrugged. "I'll have to talk to my mother soon about that when I get to my Dad's funeral."

Cecilia: "Your dad died...?" She sighed. "I'm...really sorry to hear that. My dad's dead too."

Curt: "I'm sorry to hear that as well. It happened while I was taken. I apparently was supposed to go see him, see if I could help him with his cancer but... I never got there. Never got to help my Mom through it. So he died, without seeing me."

Curt: Curt felt so guilty, his guts were in knots. "I don't even know what to say to her when I see her... how do I explain that?"

Cecilia: "The truth?" She said sadly. "That's all you really can do, Curt." She put a hand on his shoulder.

Curt: "... I don't think she'd get it. But good advice, all the same." he reassured her. "Thanks."

Curt: Getting a book from his dresser, he found his backpack and laptop. "Okay... to the library to do some schoolwork. See if I can get caught up." He looked around. "Mind reminding me where that is?"

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded. "Well, all you can do is try..." She nodded. "Not a problem."

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "How about I get my stuff and take you there? I have some studying to do anyways. And after that I'll give you the tour, I think you desperately need it, pal. No offense."

Curt: "None taken, I assure you." He followed her out.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS