11/3 Instance: Not A Date

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/3 Instance: Not A Date

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Fabian> Fabian took the kitchen sheers and started cutting up their meat on the grill between them, taking his chopsticks and tossing on a few of the gloves of garlic as well. "So, then the two of us obviously beat it home as fast as we could, right? Still the best night out I ever had that involved song and dance, won't lie."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "That's quite the story, Fabian. I gotta meet this Lukas friend of yours. He sounds hilarious!" Though 'he' wasn't exactly a 'he' anymore was 'he'? Hmm...

<@Cecilia> "Wish I had stories like that..."

<Fabian> "You just have to make them." Fabian replied happily, putting the last of the grillable things onto the fire and grabbed a few onions to marinade in the broth in front of him. "And you'll have to, he's brilliant. I'm sure you'll see him around outside of class soon enough."

<@Cecilia> "I guess I will have to, with you around it's not exactly going to be difficult!" She laughed. "Ahh, I got so drunk on Halloween and the morning after with Kevin! Remember that?! Holy shit!" She laughed. "It wasn't funny then but looking back it's hilarious. Poor Kevin!"

<Fabian> "See? You're all ready starting." Fabain beamed proudly, going on to graze on the side dishes. "So, done galbi time before? I can't remember if I've hauled you to Korean or not outside of that morning with the bibimbap."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "Nope. Other than post-Halloween I've never had Korean. I've only eaten out..." She thought a moment. "I don't think I've ever eaten out before coming to university...My parent's couldn't afford it."

<Fabian> "Secret time, Korean is actually really cheap if you know where to go." Fabian pushed some of the side dishes towards her as he was pretty sure he'd eat it all if she didn't. "Not as cheap here as there, of course, but still."

<@Cecilia> "Secret time?" Laughed Cecilia. "What are we having a slumber party?" She nibbled at the dishes Fabian had passed her. "Hm. I guess we could've gotten take out. We did that a few times a year. But there aren't many Koreans where I lived. Mostly Caribbean folks and Black folks. You'll see when you come to my tio and tia's place. It's not too different."

<Fabian> "What else should I call me imparting wisdom? Most people don't like it when I just say 'Wisdom Time'." Fabian didn't really see why though. "Does this mean I'm not invited back for a sleepover? I need a manicure all ready."

<Fabian> "Looking forward to it." Fabian assured her, laughing. "Should I worry?"

<@Cecilia> "What, about my tio and tia? (And my mom for that matter, she lives there too). No! They'll love you! You're nice, well, nice to me. And you speak Spanish, they'll love that. What's there to worry about?"

<@Cecilia> "And no, we're not manicuring anything. That's girly and I'd laugh too hard. I grew up in the world of Hispanic macho. I'd just die if I did a guy's nails!" She snorted.

<Fabian> "Hey, I'm just the right amount of macho...and I've all ready done time as a test dummy for Guthrie's class so I'm not overly worried about that." Fabian shrugged, looking at his nails now. "I was going to say, I'm only nice depending on who you were asking, I'm going to have to behave."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "Well, you might have to put up with some things that you're not used to or find a bit of a culture shock. We have to take the train. Your car will not last a day out there without someone keying it. You'll be one of the few whitepeople..."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia began picking a bit at her food. "We can't be upstairs alone...my family's a bit...well, devout. Not crazily so. But when you stay over for Christmas you'll be in the same room as my brother. And I'll be with my mom. Sorry, they're just not into that whole 'European lifestyle' thing."

<Fabian> "I've been plenty of places where I was the only white person...but point on the car. I've had it stolen one too many times as it is and that was just by Remy." His poor car, it was his baby and he wasn't letting anyone at it though.

<Fabian> He arched an eyebrow at the 'European lifestyle' bit though, snorting into his water. "Hey now, what's that supposed to mean? And that's fine, should give me time to nose about you from the other people there."

<@Cecilia> "If my brother tells you anything embarrassing about me I'm bringing up that time he got bitten by the tarantula, I'm not even kidding. He screamed like a fricken girl."

<@Cecilia> "'European Lifestyle' was just my way of saying they're not into the whole liberal style of dating. They wouldn't like your whole Jess and Clarice fiasco. No offense, it's none of my business, it's just...they wouldn't think something like that was very funny."

<Fabian> "Hey, tarantulas are very uncool" Fabian pulled a face at the idea of them. He would possibly scream like a little girl, too.

<Fabian> "So you're saying that your family is going to be worried that we are dating? Because that could be hilarious for me."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow and smirked. "You'll find it funny right up until my tio and my brother take you aside and threaten to kick your ass if you hurt me. Or they tell you their policy on shotgun weddings." She laughed into her food.

<@Cecilia> "Not worried. They know I can take care of myself. They trust me. They just...want guys to know where they stand with me. As much as they might like a guy I date, I'm their familia. They're protective."

<Fabian> "Hey now, who wouldn't want me in their family?" Fabian asked, clicking his chopsticks at her as he turned their meat. "I would be a quite nice addition to any family I'm sure. And they should be, it's a nice way to be."

<@Cecilia> "It is nice," said Cecilia. "It's the one thing I can say I never lacked in life. Despite everything else, I was always loved by my family. I never doubted that."

<@Cecilia> "I'm not saying you're not nice or a good addition as a person. But on paper...just think about that statement for a moment. Really think..." She frowned. "Speaking of which, my family doesn't know about that whole business with Nur. I figured it was just best they didn't. Thought I'd give you a fresh start." She chewed her food slowly. "That and it's a security risk so..."

<Fabian> Fabian gave her a bit of a pout at the on paper comment but shrugged it off. "Luckily they aren't going to be reading off of a score sheet now, and it's not like they have anything to worry about so that works out pretty cleanly there."

<Fabian> "And yeah, that's probably best...that doesn't sound like it would make for a good holiday dinner table discussion." Fabian pulled a few choice bits of meat into his broth bowl, grabbing one of the lettuce leaves from the sidebowl and prepping his galbi wrap.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "No, they'd just worry. And really, there's nothing for them to worry about. I'm not becoming an Acolyte and you're reformed. I don't want them to lose sleep over something like that. They worry enough as it is. It'll be just our little secret, hey?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked at Fabian thoughtfully. "While we're on the subject. What would your parents think of me? I probably won't like the answer, but I'm sorta curious..." She smirked. "Have you ever introduced a girlfriend to them?"

<Fabian> "There certainly wouldn't be much point in becoming an Acolyte now." It was sort of a silly worry to have as well considering everything so Fabian figured he could just translate there only really being one main worry. "Yeah, best to keep quiet."

<Fabian> "My parents always knew the people I'd bring by the house all ready; or at least their families. I don't think you could really call any of those girls girlfriends though but I'd ask some to a few functions and so forth."

<Fabian> "You though, I don't know what they'd think of you...I try not to ever guess what my father thinks and Jacinta is pretty particular about people."

<@Cecilia> "That's weird!" Laughed Cecilia. "So your parents knew everything about your dates!? That's so...over-involved..." She shook her head. "I don't expect I'd be well liked. I'm black, poor and have no social standing. They'd probably think I'm just after your money." She made a face. "Plus I speak Spanish with a thick Puerto Rican accent...I probably sound like a hick to Spaniards."

<Fabian> "Well, it's not the biggest social circle so yeah, I ended up around people they all ready knew. Those were the ones I'd bring back anyway." He shrugged, not seeing too much odd with it. "Well, you probably will confuse a lot of Catalonians while you're there just because they're used to being the ones in Spain with the slightly off accent."

<Fabian> "Black wouldn't be too much of a problem...but yeah, the rest of that would definitely come up."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "Well, I didn't ask to be poor. I was just wasn't lucky in that respect. That's not to say I couldn't become rich. If I become a surgeon I'll have loads of money." She quirked an eyebrow. "I'm surprised it wouldn't be an issue. It was a big one with my father's family. They threw him out for it. Never spoke to him again."

<Fabian> "Well, it wouldn't be an issue the size that the other factors would be. I've not known my family to be especially racist but I've never really considered it that much either. It'd mainly be the social standing and the assumption that you were after my money that'd sink that meeting, and the fact that I met you here."

<@Cecilia> "Ah-ha-ha," smirked Cecilia. "Cause I'm an X-Man? Or X-Woman, rather? Humph. Well, you could make up something. Tell 'em you met me in a bar. Or in New York. Or better, in prison. That'd be a laugh," she snorted.

<Fabian> "Are you trying to rob me of ways to piss off my father at meal time because if you are then I don't think you're ready to come with me after all."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "You shouldn't antagonize him, you might end up getting in trouble. But if it makes you happy I won't stop you..." She chuckled to herself. "Man, we'd have so many obstacles if we dated. And that's just the beginning. You might try to date other girls at the school and that'd be a huge mess."

<@Cecilia> "Or do something else that shocks me or makes me mad and I'd yell at you. I can sorta see that being a real roller coaster. We're polar opposites in so many ways. It'd be crazy."

<@Cecilia> She laughed at the thought. "Ah-ha, ow, my ribs. Hehehe, that's too funny..."

<Fabian> "What trouble can I get into? I'm his only child not in prison, he can't do much to me right now." Fabian laughed, eating his wrap and muttering the praises of the saamgang. "Like you'd let anyone dating you date other people. I'd like to see that one happen, you'd have a human pelt."

<Fabian> "I all ready do shock you and get yelled at though...it's not that funny now."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "Sorry about that...I am trying to change..." She snorted. "Damn right I wouldn't! I am no-one's sliver medal." She smiled. "Life's too short to deal with that kind of crap. I'm not saying you deserved the whole public humiliation incident though. That could've been handled better."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "What the fuck were you thinking?!" She laughed. "Jess is a firecracker. You had to know that'd blow up in your face sooner or later."

<Fabian> Fabian wrinkled his nose more at the silver medal bit than anything. "I think you've got the wrong idea on how I work on things like that." His head shook as he laughed. "Only got the firecracker business at the afterwards. The entire date was basically me trying to find something she was interested in and finding out that there wasn't much there."

<@Cecilia> "Mm. I talked to her the other day in the DR. She perked up a bit after I had us dance a little and we went shopping after I reminded her about having money. But yeah, she dwells on things a lot. It's not healthy. I mean, I don't make DR sims of things that upset me. I try to avoid all reminders of it."

<@Cecilia> "Call me unhealthy but that's my preference."

<Fabian> "I think you're both unhealthy." Fabian teased, digging his chopsticks into the sweet potato concoction. "She's nice enough, she's just not my type of person. I couldn't talk her into doing half the shit we're going to be doing."

<@Cecilia> "Am I that easily influenced?" Teased Cecilia right back. "By the way, the days we spent 48 hours wake in total don't count as staying up all night. I'm not crossing it off the list unless it was fun."

<@Cecilia> "What exactly are you thinking about?" She asked. "Got some big plans?"

<Fabian> "I wasn't awake for all of that anyway." Fabian laughed and shook his head. "And I've always got plans...not all of them you'll approve of but you'll always get to say no, especially now that I've got Lukas again to do stupid things with."

<@Cecilia> "Hmmm," she said. "Indeed, Lukas is back and that means trouble." Oh well, at least Lukas could manipulate the odds in their favour. "I won't say no. Not unless there's a very good reason to. I want to get the most out of life. I'll never get that by being a Debbie Downer and sitting on the sidelines. Even if there's something I'm not sure of, I'll try to meet you halfway at least."

<Fabian> Fabian smiled brightly at that, holding his glabi wrap up as if to toast her with it. "Cheers to that, we're going to be starting on our list then."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia slapped down some bills as the check came. "Don't even dream of telling me not to split it. I have some allowance from the school. Lemme keep some pride," she teased.

<Fabian> Fabian pouted just a little bit at that. It didn't seem right but he wasn't about to argue with her when he was seated with hot coals near sensitive bits. "All right then, we'll split it."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked visibly relived. "Thank you. It's not that I don't like having things paid for, mind you. I just...want things to be more equal." She stood up, putting on her jacket, "Maybe we can switch up who pays each time?"

<Fabian> Fabian gave a shrug, standing up from the cushion on the floor and moving to get their shoes. "It's just friends getting lunch, I imagine we can play it by ear, yes?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged. "Of course," she said, lacing up her boots. "Nothings set in stone. We can always shift things up and if things don't work we'll find another way around." She smiled brightly at the hostess and opened the door, "Brr! I miss Puerto Rico this time of year."

<Fabian> "And I am desperately missing Barcelona," Fabian shuddered at the cold, knowing it was only going to get worse as he charged ahead with her, getting his keys out ahead of time just to cut down on the time spent out in the cold drizzle.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 11/3 Instance: Not A Date

Post by Svartfreja »

<Fabian> "I think you're both unhealthy." Fabian teased, digging his chopsticks into the sweet potato concoction. "She's nice enough, she's just not my type of person. I couldn't talk her into doing half the shit we're going to be doing."
I bet he could. He obviously doesn't like a challenge :toothy

And it's totally a date.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6