10/31 Instance: Property Destroyers

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

10/31 Instance: Property Destroyers

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Painful Memories

Laura: Laura wasn't exactly sure how she felt when Johnny had told her Curt had changed into Lizard and ran off to feast. She supposed it was a mix between annoyance and anxiety. She wasn't exactly sure how one lost a giant lizard, but Curt would be incredibly upset if he ate a peer. She imagined the kitchen was the logical choice if one hungered, so she wandered down to it. Spotting Cecilia, she asked, "Have you seen a lizard?"

Cecilia: Cecilia blinked and put down her sandwich. "Uhhh, no...Should I have?" Well, this was an odd question. She hadn't really seen many lizards after leaving Puerto Rico.

Laura: She gave a nod as she peered around the room. It was the expected answer since the kitchen appeared to be in order, and Cecilia was in one piece. "Not necessarily," Laura answered, "I am looking for one though. His name is actually Curt but turning into a Lizard is his mutation."

Cecilia: "Wait, you're looking for a student?" Well, now things were starting to make some damn sense. "Why're you looking for him? Do you need him for something?"

Laura: "He is... quite dangerous at the moment, as he is very hungry. I would like to stop him before he eats somebody and regrets it later," she replied as if it were nothing. After a moment of consideration, she questioned, "Would you be interested in helping me find him?"

Cecilia: Eat somebody?! Venom. Cecilia felt her heart rate begin to pick up speed. "Uh...shouldn't we sound the alarm or something?" She said, nervously looking around as though she might be jumped at any moment.

Laura: She merely shrugged, reasoning, "Loud noises are likely to send him into a frenzy."

Cecilia: Oh fuck..."Uh, okay, I'll help. If only because time is of essence." She got up and followed Laura out of the kitchen. "Why did you ask me to help, Laura?"

Laura: Laura started down the hall as she considered the question, responding with one in return, "Besides the fact that nobody wants to be eaten by a massive lizard and would likely do anything to help prevent such a fate?"

Lizard: There was banging against pipes below their feet, hissing and other nasty sounds of clambering and rustling. Metal scratching talons as well as whaps of heavy weight being thrown around.

Cecilia: "Er...I was thinking more along the lines of I'm injured and might not be much help-" Cecilia jumped at the sound of clanging pipes. "Jesus! What the fuck was that?!"

Laura: Laura came to a sudden stop at the banging and peered down at the floor, brow furrowed, "Either Lizard or some other monster is in our basement." As for the other matter, she admitted, "I did not really take those factors into consideration."

Cecilia: "Well, fuck, man!" Exclaimed Cecilia. "Maybe you should've thought of that before-" She stopped herself. Change. She was trying to change. "I'm sorry, that was...uncalled for...I'll help you look, okay?" I just hope to Christ I don't die in the process, or lose my kidney once and for all...

Cecilia: "Basement then?" She said.

Lizard: The scratching and rumbling became clearer, getting considerably louder and then quieted to an eerie silence. The sound had distinctly come from the direction of the boiler room before it had gone to a hushed quiet.

Laura: Her head tilted curiously at the outburst, not exactly sure the origin of it. She was more than willing to let it go at the promise of help though and started toward the basement with a nod, adding, "If it makes you feel better, I will not allow him to cause you further harm."

Cecilia: The origin of that outburst had a name, it was Eddie Brock, but Cecilia didn't explain herself. "Well, thank you...I feel a little embarrassed being thought of as a damsel in distress, but thank you."

Laura: "Logically, it could be said that it would make sense for me to take any damage, as I am capable of healing and you are not," Laura pointed out, amending as she pulled the door to the basement open, "Well, I heal at a considerably faster pace than you."

Cecilia: "Yes, well, I don't have to take any damage in the first place with shields," countered Cecilia, grinning wryly. "So you don't have to go through any pain at all with me around if you don't want."

Laura: Laura returned the grin with a tight one of her own and peered down into the darkness. She didn't have any problems making out what was down there, but she didn't have the Lizard in her sights either. "No pain is preferable."

Cecilia: Cecilia peered into the dark boiler room and shielded up. "I'm not taking any chances," she explained to Laura.

Lizard: A low hiss echoed from all sides of the metal walling and reverberated off the pipes. A sound of claws scratching on walls or the ceiling and then the sound of something heavy being dragged, like a sack, could be heard in the darkest recess of the boiler room.

Cecilia: "Oh Christ..." breathed Cecilia. "...What the hell was that? What's going on?!"

Laura: Laura's expression soured a little at all the noise, and she hesitantly started down into the room. "I believe that is him, however I have not spotted him... Yet."

Lizard: Lizard's tail curled up around him as he settled into his nest under some large pipes, beside the boiler itself. He snarled at the intruders.

Cecilia: "Don't worry, he's way ahead of us!" Cecilia began backing away.

Laura: Having already fought with Lizard on more than one occasion, Laura was far less concerned about being mauled and moved forward, "He will not get through your shield, right?"

Cecilia: "I fucking hope not!" Cecilia exclaimed, thinking of how easily Venom had crushed her shield in the sims.

Lizard: The Lizard bellowed and scurried out from his nest, dragging some of the linens with him. In his nest was various blankets, torn cushions, deer skin, and Laura's pillow. His mouth glistened with saliva as he bore (bared?) his fangs. He approached them slowly, puffing up.

Cecilia: "Oh shit !" Cecilia cried, flinging a force field directly at the thing's head.

Laura: She warily eyed him as he puffed himself up, vaguely wondering if he was even bigger than before while cringing at the forcefield to the head. That was sure to anger him.

Lizard: Lizard roared furiously at the instinctive force-field. While Curt may have well known it was unintentionally painful, Lizard was having none of this. He dropped to all fours and began bounding towards them.

Cecilia: "FUCK!" Cecilia threw another shield at the thing's advancing form. Hoping to clothesline him.

Laura: Laura simply moved out of Lizard's path for now.

Lizard: Lizard tore through the shielding, with difficulty, and as a result he skidded onto the floor and slid right past them. His tail whipped out, taking both of them down with him however.

Lizard: He slid himself up to his fours again, using his tail to warp around Laura's legs and yanking her towards him. "Feassssst!"

Cecilia: Cecilia hit the floor face first, barely managing to get her hands up in time to protect her face. "Laura!" She flung another force field at thing's head. Please, God, let this work!

Laura: Her back hit the ground, and she felt winded. Despite the difficulty drawing in breath as she was pulled along the floor, she clenched her fist, claws bursting from between her knuckles. Finally managing a breath, she twisted to swipe at the tail restricting the movements of her legs as she called back, "I'm fine!"

Lizard: The tail snapped off and Lizard howled in pain. "Sssssscratch!" He dropped his full body down on her, bearing his jaws towards her head.

Cecilia: Cecilia felt her vision tunnel and heart rate spike. "STOP IT, VENOM!" She slammed a shield at the ceiling. Cracking it and making small cement pieces fall to the floor.

Lizard: The small pieces irritated Lizard and he screeched as they smashed into his head. His jaws still tried to clamp down on Laura's face.

Cecilia: Cecilia slammed another force field into the ceiling. Then another. And another. "JUST DIE DAMMIT!"

Laura: Laura shook her head, not exactly enjoying the debris from the ceiling either. They irritated her eyes... though not as much as Lizard's fangs were about to. Despite knowing it would hurt, she forced a hand into his upper-jaw, clenching tightly around the sharp teeth while she doing the same for the lower half. Hissing at the feeling of the fangs cutting into her palms, she attempted to push him back. At the very least, hold him off.

Lizard: The sensations of someone grabbing his teeth and the debris falling into his face were all far from enjoyable and he yanked his head back, clearing Laura for an escape. He turned to Cecilia, the source of the damage around him.

Cecilia: Cecilia put all of her strength into one forcefield, driving it hard into the ceiling. "Aghhh!" The ceiling collapsed, pouring cement all over the Lizard thing and Laura.

Lizard: It wasn't enough time to pounce, the ceiling came down all around him and pipes everywhere burst and blew out.

Laura: Laura used the opportunity to dive for Cecilia, whether she was going to make it or not, because she wasn't exactly sure if the other girl would hold up to the collapse.

Cecilia: Cecilia came out of her panic with the horrible realization that she not only had she destroyed another part of the mansion, she may have also killed the Lizard thing. "Oh...oh my God...Laura...I think I..."

Curt: Curt mumbled in pain under the debris as he lay naked, scraped, and genuinely confused.

Laura: Laura coughed a bit from the amount of dust and held up an arm to shield herself from the spray of water. "He is alive," she assured her, "I can hear him."

Cecilia: "Oh thank fucking Christ," breathed Cecilia. Collapsing onto her knees. Why? Couldn't she have a smooth recovery with board games and friends? Instead, she got fights, freezing her ass off and giant lizards. Life was not going so good.

Laura: It felt a bit strange to even consider asking, but she did anyway, "Are you alright?"

Cecilia: Cecilia rushed over to the rubble. "I'm fine! But he might not be! Quick, help me!"

Curt: Curt shot out of the rubble and clutched his arm. "Aaaaah! What did you do to my arm!?" He shouted at Cecilia. The stump that was his left arm looked completely healed and as like it had been so for a reasonably long amount of time. Despite this, he cried out as if it were a fresh wound.

Laura: Laura got to her feet and moved to help, however Curt appeared to be relatively okay. "Despite this, I believe he will live."

Cecilia: Cecilia screamed and jumped back. "JESUS CHRIST!"

Curt: Curt continued to wail in pain as Laura pulled him out and he coddled his dismembered limb.

Laura: "Your arm has always been like that," she stated, hoping it would stop the wailing. All the screaming was fairly uncomfortable on her ears. Glancing back to Cecilia, she added, "Thank you for your help."

Curt: Curt's lip wibbled at Laura. "Are you Laura?" he asked.

Cecilia: Cecilia moaned. "Xavier's gonna kill me!!! First the window, then the library, and now this!!!"

Laura: "I doubt it, as he is always on about how X-men do not kill. It would be counter-productive to his cause," Laura reasoned. She glanced down to Curt, relieved that her hands were healing and he was back to normal. Mostly. She nodded, "I am."

Cecilia: Cecilia just stared. "I didn't...mean it...literally..."

Curt: "... I think I missed you." He said softly. Then he passed out in her arms.

Cecilia: Cecilia threw up her arms. "I'm going back to my room."

Cecilia: She turned and took off up the stairs. Really, she was going to get a professor, but after that she planned to hide in her room for a long, long time.

Laura: Laura watched the other girl leave, looked down at Curt, up at the gaping hole, and around the destroyed room. She let out a sigh. There was no way she was going to recover her pillow from this mess.