10/30 Instance: All Apologies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

10/30 Instance: All Apologies

Post by Starfish »

Timeline Note: Current timeline

-

<@Cecilia> Cecilia had swept up all of the glass, put all her books back in their proper place, re-arranged her clothes hangers according to colour, made her bed to military standards and put her paperweight in her desk, out of easy reach. The only thing out of place was the huge hole in the window.

<Mayday> There was a knock at the door - the anxiousness of the person on the other side translated through their inconsistent repetition. "...C-Cee?", came Mayday's timid voice.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia didn't turn around to face Mayday, instead she kept her eyes on the broken window. "May," She said.

<Mayday> Mayday peeked her head around the door slowly, "...I erm....I figure that Professor Xavier has some kind of insurance kitty for little things like that...", she joked about the broken window, "Er...d'you have a minute?"

<@Cecilia> "I do..." she said. "And yes, he does have a very nice insurance policy for maniac students, so I guess that's something. But that doesn't mean I'm not paying for the damage anyway."

<@Cecilia> She gestured for her to come in.

<Mayday> With some trepidation, Mayday stepped inside, making sure the door wasn't closed, "...so...ahm....y'feeling ok?"

<@Cecilia> "Not really no," said Cecilia. "I mean, I feel like I normally do, but I'm starting to think that's not such a good thing..."

<@Cecilia> She shrugged. "If what you're trying to ask is am I going to lose it again, then the answer's no. I won't."

<Mayday> "N-no! No, I wasn't gonna...", Mayday insisted, trailing off. She was worried that Cecilia would bite her head off, and the more she tried to hide it, the more it came out in her voice. "...you were pretty...well....you were pretty inconsolable the other day. I was worried I'd make it worse..."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "Inconsolable? Heh, that's diplomatic. I'd have said rabid."

<@Cecilia> "Why're you here, May?"

<Mayday> Mayday chewed her lip a little, "I guess I wanted to apologize.", she said finally, with a sigh, "I've been a total jerk, I know. I guess I was just so frustrated with everything I was a little harder on you than I should have been...s-some of the stuff I said the other day..."

<@Cecilia> "Oh for Christ sakes," muttered Cecilia, swiping her eyes. "Why're you apologizing to me? I don't deserve it."

<@Cecilia> "I was the worst kind of asshole to everyone around me. I didn't have any regard for anyone else's feelings I just...I'm the one who should be apologizing not you..."

<Mayday> "I erm...I don't doubt that you were kinda....well...", Mayday shrugged, "...off. But I wasn't exactly all good to you myself, Cee.", she confessed, "I'm not saying you were right and I was wrong, far from it - the world isn't all black and white. B-but I am saying that in many ways, we were both as bad as each other."

<@Cecilia> "How's that?" Said Cecilia. She laughed hysterically, "I was more than a little 'off.' I was frothing in my cheerios crazy! I flipped my shit so badly I'm pretty sure everyone in this school hates me except for one person. God help them too. Because if I'm the best they can do for a friend they have a very sad life."

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "You're being way too hard on yourself. Yeah, you flipped out, but there've been worse cases here.", she pointed to the window, "See that? Imagine the whole wall. Of the kitchen."

<@Cecilia> "That might be the next thing that gets broken, knowing me," moaned Cecilia. "Who did that?"

<Mayday> "Apparently Darren shot Eddie through it once.", Mayday shrugged, "Stuff you hear when you ask...", she smiled, "Look, as far as I'm concerned, we never stopped being friends."

<@Cecilia> "Darren...?" She couldn't picture that. "You shouldn't want to be my friend. I'm not good to my friends. Being my friend is just going to get you hurt. And you've had enough of that in life."

<@Cecilia> She sighed. "Speaking of which, were -are - you alright? My force field didn't hit you or anything right?"

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head in confusion, "No, i-if anything it stopped me from it - being hit in the face with that bottle I mean. U-unless you were planning to hit me with it...", she smiled awkwardly, "Also, you're being way too melodramatic: if you think you're doing something wrong, change it. But being your friend? That isn't wrong."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "No, I wasn't intending to hit you, so we're good there." She thought for a moment. "Does your spider-sense warn you about my fields?"

<@Cecilia> She sighed. "Well, maybe...thanks for not calling me emo. I hate that word. I don't even know how it's possible to be an emo and black anyways."

<@Cecilia> "And...thanks. For still being my friend..."

<Mayday> "Technically, the emo thing? That's racially discriminatory.", Mayday giggled, "And there's no need to thank me!", she beamed, doing a little bounce.

<Mayday> "A-as for the force-field thing, I don't know...", she pondered it, "My Spider-Sense only really works when I'm under direct threat from something - like, I knew the bottle was coming, but not the 'field."

<@Cecilia> "Hmmm," said Cecilia. That actually might be useful information, she thought, filing it away for later. "So...you knew Clarice before?"

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Mmnhmn; we used to get on really well. She...helped me with something very personal, and was gonna carry on with it...", she seemed more unhappy with every word, "...you know, then all this, and becoming a total jerk..."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "I was told she was this happy-go-lucky kid. I wasn't really expecting...well, all of that..."

<@Cecilia> She shook her head. "Look, I'm not saying she's not at fault. She did start that fight, intentionally or not, I don't know...But I had no right to finish it the way I did."

<@Cecilia> "My anger was disproportionate to the situation. I should've been a little pissed off, sure. But not so furious I trashed my entire room."

<@Cecilia> She took a deep breath. "This is very hard for me to say...But I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry, May. For everything."

<@Cecilia> "I just want you to know that that's never going to happen again. Regardless of the situation. I'm...I'm gonna get some help...Get a hold of myself. Try to make things right..."

<Mayday> "Only if you think you need it.", Mayday smiled, "And thank you. That's....really mature of you. And I forgive you, ok? And I know everyone else will, too."

<@Cecilia> "I fucking hope so!" She exclaimed. "I don't have any other friends. You guys here are the only ones I have..."

<@Cecilia> "And I thought I was the Catholic one," she snorted. "Well...lapsed. I was never very good at...well, not blaming the lord and shit."

<Mayday> Mayday shrugged, "Well, I've never been either-or when it comes to religion.", she confessed, "As for friends, I can't see why a girl like you couldn't make many more - maybe when everyone gets their minds back.....", she gestured with her hand.

<Mayday> "Look, you seem kinda exhausted: d'you wanna....I don't know, get some lunch or something?", Mayday suggested.

<@Cecilia> "Yeah, lunch sound's good..." she smiled. "And after I'm cutting my freaking hair before I get made fun of again!"

<Mayday> "Whatever you like - I was starting to like the baseball cap.", Mayday smirked in reply, "Come on: I made this Godly sandwich that you'll love.", she grabbed Cecilia's hand and led her out of the room.