10/29 Instance: What's Eating Her?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/29 Instance: What's Eating Her?

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Fabian> 4:27 in the morning. Fabian eyed the clock on the stove as if it were a thing of gross mockery. He had planted himself there after getting Clarice to bed, not wanting to bother Sean with coming in and constantly tossing and turning nor wanting to linger at the girl's wing to listen to Cecilia possibly destroy more things.

<@Fabian> So, instead, he had made his way down to the kitchen and decided to attempt to teach himself how to cook so he could get angry at something inanimate which proved successful and unsuccessful as he was pretty sure what he made was not meant to be consumed.

<Mayday> "Hehehehehe....", came a cackling from the kitchen, as Mayday Parker stood over the kitchen counter with her back to the door, working on something that seemed to absorb all of her concentration. So much so that she didn't realize Fabian was in the room.

<Mayday> Strewn about her were various knives, open meat packets, a lettuce ball and a few jars and cartons of butter, mayonnaise, mustard and something that appeared to be some form of black, tar-like substance.

<@Fabian> "You sound happier at least." Fabian commented from his spot at the bar. Were people going to start getting up and coming in? Maybe he needed to move upstairs sooner than he thought. It was safe for now though, just Mayday and Mayday wasn't a bad thing.

<Mayday> Mayday jumped, turning slowly around and shrugging, "...I-I'm just...you know....", she moved to one side to reveal her little 'project', "...making a sandwich.", she looked at it as if a little shy that someone had seen it - there were five pieces of toasted bread locking in the menagerie of ingredients she'd added to it, and pinned down with a large cocktail stick.

<Mayday> "....you think I'm fat, don't you?", she asked, looking back at Fabian, "I'm so fat!"

<@Fabian> "...what?" Fabian just looked confused at the fat thing. "Actually I'm a bit jealous of the sandwich...turns out I really can't cook."

<Mayday> "You can't cook?", Mayday asked, seeming more stunned than she was, "W-well, I'd hardly call raiding the fridge in frustration and putting all the tasties ever into a giant stack of awesomeness 'cooking'.", she looked back on her monster, "...t-there's waffle in there somewhere..."

<@Fabian> Fabian poked at what had once been chicken on his plate. "Not even a little bit. I suppose it's what happens when you grow up with a cook, sort of missing some life skills." he explained, not really wanting to get up from his spot at the bar just yet but nodding at the talks of waffles. "I'll have to look into that."

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, staying relatively silent for a moment. She picked up her sandwich and placed it beside Fabian at the bar, taking a carving knife and sitting down beside him, "...I'm super sorry about earlier. I'm really finding this whole thing to be too difficult to bear.", she poked her sandwich with the knife, "..d-d'you wanna share this with me? It er....I probably can't actually finish all of this..."

<@Fabian> "You're sure?" He asked, sitting back up again, rubbing his palm over his face to wake himself up some. "It's not your fault. It is difficult to handle but it will get better."

<Mayday> "You sound like Sue.", Mayday sighed, cutting the sandwich down the center and offering Fabian the half with the stick in it. She cast a web across to a spare plate and yanked it over to herself, placing her side on it. "I just can't believe it....I-I mean, JP's been kinda off, yeah, but Clarice...she's like a whole different person!"

<@Fabian> "She was drunk, that sort of enhances things...but yeah, she's plenty different." Fabian admitted. "It wears off, though, it'll wear off. Then we'll have a rather shame-faced Clarice apologizing to us for all of that. I just don't want to make it worse for everyone involved."

<Mayday> Mayday bit into her side of the sandwich, chewing it with a bemused look on her face - there was the waffle, "And that's another thing...", she managed past the chewing, "...Cecilia. I mean, talk about bringing a fire to a gas station!", she paused, "...I-I know that's not even a thing, but you get me, right?"

<@Fabian> Fabian sighed and nodded. taking a bite of the sandwich. It was...interesting. "...you know we're friends, yeah Mayday? You and me I mean."

<Mayday> "W-what? Yeah, I...", she nodded, "Sure I do. I regard you as being pretty high on my list of friends, right beh-....", Mayday stopped, "...I guess you're probably one of my closest friends right now. I used to think Jean-Paul was my best friend but..."

<@Fabian> "He will get there. This all might change them but people are getting way too nervous about the newness of it all. Trask even said when he was talking to you and Sue that this is temporary, yeah? And we have the most powerful telepath taking a nap right now to boot so even if it isn't it will be."

<@Fabian> "It really alarms me I'm the one reminding people that it's not that bad though." He laughed, taking another bite of the sandwich. "You understand that I wasn't betraying you or anything in there though, yeah?"

<Mayday> Mayday laughed a little, "Of course - you're friends with all of us, you had to be impartial.", she nudged him and bit into her sandwich again, swallowing what she assumed was a Marmite-covered olive, "Seriously, I know you were just trying to keep the peace - my issue with Cee is totally unrelated to all of that. And....well, my issue with Clarice is the same as everyone else's."

<@Fabian> "Just have to remember who's really in there." Fabian was going to be standing by that, stubborn as always. "Cecilia was feeling pretty damned betrayed by me."

<Mayday> "Oh, she's just a selfish little bitch.", Mayday sighed, slapping her hands over her mouth, "Ohmygod, I'm sorry!", she gasped, "I'm sorry! I'm just tired, and cranky!"

<@Fabian> "She's not. She's not the most understanding person when it comes to other people and...dear god, how the hell am I the person saying this?" He took another bite of his sandwich, mulling it over thoughtfully. "Don't worry, we're all tired and cranky."

<Mayday> Mayday laughed a little, "Yeah...never thought I'd see the day you went full Paragon.", she shrugged, "I don't mean it....she's just been through a lot. We all have. I guess we just have to weather the storm and hope we come out better for it, right?"

<@Fabian> "I just...I get Mel didn't think things through. I get Clarice has her problems, I get that you and Cecilia are stressed but what the hell was all that?"

<Mayday> "Clarice was being super obnoxious, and I - admittedly already quite tense - kinda found it too difficult to stay my tongue.", Mayday explained, "Cee hates opinionated people because she's opinionated, ergo 'New Clarice' and her? Bad mix.", she took another mouthful of her sandwich.

<Mayday> "Somewhere down the line...", she managed past the mouthful, "...Cecilia's gone and assumed I was trying to stir our previous argument, Clarice decided she wanted to goad Cee into losing her temper, and...well...",

<@Fabian> "That doesn't excuse how any of that was. I mean...she knows what was going on and considering some of the things I had told her I wouldn't have thought she would have acted like that."

<Mayday> "And I'd have thought she'd have been less mean about Eddie in containment.", Mayday explained, "But for someone who's so choked up on this 'Forgive and Forget' stuff she's a huge hypocrite sometimes...", she shrugged, "But...we've all been there. E-except for me. F-for some reason..."

<@Fabian> "She's scared, takes the whole Eddie business way too hard when she doesn't understand the situation. She's stubborn." Fabian sighed, not sure he really could stomach the sandwich ontop of the chicken he had tried to eat and everything else going on. "Except for you on what now?"

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head in confusion, "I guess I just pride myself on not being hypocritical - I said 'we've all been there' but I don't think I've ever...", she snapped out of it, "A-anyway, it doesn't matter. Are you gonna talk to her?"

<@Fabian> "Everyone's hypocritical once in a while." Fabian shrugged. "It just comes in degrees." Talking to Cecilia...that was going to be a bad time. "I'm not overly sure she'll appreciate that. Did you hear how our conversation ended?"

<Mayday> "No. W-was it bad?", Mayday asked after swallowing another bite of her food, realizing too soon that it was probably a moot question, "....h-how bad?"

<@Fabian> "'I'm not the one who needs control, she does, I should be ashamed of myself because I " defended her over me and May, your real friends over some bitch that called you a terrorist and hurt you.', 'For fuck's sake Fab. She left you. She broke up with you, why are you defending someone who doesn't give a shit about you' apparently I'm also going to be drowning this out with alcohol too because, you know, I'm such a sad drunk."

<@Fabian> "'Fuck you, Fabian, if you don't recognize someone who cares then you are truly lost. But just know, I wasn't the one who called you a monster, I didn't push you away, so screw you, screw you and have a nice life because I won't be in it."

<@Fabian> Fabian turned to May and just shrugged. "So I don't really think she wants to talk to me that badly."

<Mayday> Mayday blinked, "......wow.", she breathed. "Just.....wow."

<@Fabian> "Yeah, that's what I thought...I probably should check on her though. Judging from the crashing her and Penny's room is trashed."

<Mayday> "God, what a total brat.", Mayday patted Fabian's shoulder, "I'm really sorry, Fabian. I should have....I don't know, said more or something. She had no right to snap like that."

<@Fabian> "I'm pretty sure saying more would have only served to make things worse. She just needs some cooldown time and she'll be okay."

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "But what about you? She shouldn't have said those things! That's not fair at all.", she gave Fabian a little squeeze with her hand, "Are you ok?"

<@Fabian> "I'm okay." He assured her. "I'm a bit more resilient than being done in by words, after all."

<Mayday> "I hope so.", Mayday smiled, glancing at the sandwich half he had, "...you're not gonna finish that, huh?", she grinned

<@Fabian> He just smiled and passed it over. "I'm going to go up and at least check to see she's all right. You want to come along?"

<Mayday> For a moment, Mayday seemed fearful of the idea, "....oh, God.", she rolled her eyes and sighed, "I can't even believe I'm saying this, but yeah. Yeah, let's check on her.", she stood, taking a last bite out of her sandwich and putting both halves on the same plate, "This is going in the fridge."

<@Fabian> "We'll come down and finish it later." Fabian laughed, sliding off of his stool and stretching. He had been sitting there forever, it seemed. "We'll just be in and out. Make sure she's not flipped out and setting fire to the curtains, not really talk."

<Mayday> "Good plan.", Mayday nodded, popping the sandwiches in the fridge and quickly rushing the sandwich fillings she'd used back onto it as well before hopping back over to Fabian, "Yeah, ok. Let's go.", she took a breath, determined to get this over with as quickly and painlessly as possible.

<@Fabian> "You don't have to if you don't want. I am a big boy and can open a door by myself." He assured her, starting out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

<Mayday> Mayday jogged after him, "No, it's....probably better if I do.", she replied, following Fabian up.

<@Fabian> "In case she says something mean?" Fabian chuckled even though he was seriously asking, jogging up the steps and turning to the girl's wing.

<Mayday> "Yep.", the redhead answered simply, "Or if she starts throwing stuff.",

<@Fabian> Fabian knocked at the door. "She did promise she wasn't the slapping type so I'd assume throwing stuff at us will be off of that as well."

<Mayday> Mayday nodded sarcastically behind him, "In the same conversation where she bragged about her ability to forgive people their trespasses?", she smirked.

<Mayday> "Isn't hers that one?", she pointed at a door just ahead of Fabian.

<@Fabian> Fabian decided he would leave that alone. "Not getting an answer anyway." Fabian frowned and opened Cee and Penny's door. "Mother of a whore will you look at this?"

<Mayday> Mayday gasped, taking in the damage, "...Jeeeeesus! She took the place out! D-did she smash the window!?", she put a hand on her forehead, scarcely believing the state of the room, "Oh...oh, come on, this is over-reacting!"

<@Fabian> "Where is she?" That was Fabian's main concern as he looked around the room.

<Mayday> "I-I don't know.", Mayday stepped inside, double-checking everywhere, "Is there anywhere else she'd be?"

<@Fabian> Fabian shook his head. "Not unless she went back home...but I don't think she took any of her stuff." Great...just great."

<Mayday> With another sigh, Mayday looked out of the window, "D-d'you want me to...I don't know, run a patrol or something?", she suggested, unsure what would be the best thing to do.

<@Fabian> "No, I can go look for her. I'll just have to hunt for the power and head to her. She surely would have packed something."

<Mayday> "What should I do?", Mayday asked, feeling a little useless.

<@Fabian> "If I don't make it back gather everyone up to find where she's strung me up?"

<@Fabian> "It's all right" he reached over, patting Mayday's shoulder. "Though I guess really Penny might like it if we cleaned the place up, too. If I don't find her in a while you want to meet back and do that?"

<Mayday> Mayday pouted, "....y-yeah. Ok.", she nodded, looking at the damage again, "Hell, I suddenly feel way more tired than I did...."

<@Fabian> "Then go get some sleep." Fabian laughed, squeezing her shoulder. "Sleep is good, you'll feel better for it."

<Mayday> "Yeah...yeah, I think I need it.", she sighed, "Fabian, I'm sorry.", she squirmed.

<@Fabian> "We're fine, no need for any apologies. Sleep, it's probably like five in the morning as it is."

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, giving Fabian a hug out of nowhere. "You're one of my best friends ever.", she smiled. "Thank you."

<@Fabian> "Thank you." Fabian smiled, feeling better about things. "It'll get better, you'll see."

<Mayday> "I know.", Mayday nodded against his chest, moving back and giving him a little kiss on the cheek, "Goodnight.", she smiled again, wandering off to her room.