10/29 Instance: Trust Ratings

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/29 Instance: Trust Ratings

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Clarice> Clarice ... was still having trouble believing what the people at this mad house were trying to tell her, and in fact if it wasn't for what she saw every time she looked in the mirror she would have phoned her parents and told them to come get her. Huh, her parents. That was why she was out here in the snow, a beanie hat very firmly pulled over those stupid elf ears as she stood in front of the small pile of stones, a plaque in front of it dedicating it to 'The Loving Memory of Gerald and Nailah Ferguson, Beloved Parents of Clarice. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.'

<Clarice> "Except ... y'know, death," Clarice muttered to herself. She felt ... nothing. Not even a twinge of sadness looking at this, those names meant nothing to her. Hell, she wasn't even worried over that fact, but she got the feeling she should. Sighing she tipped the bowl of ice at the foot of the memorial over, "This is such bullshit."

<@Fabian> "I wondered if I'd find you out here." Fabian announced his presence before he walked closer to her, not sure that he should be interrupting this moment here but it didn't seem like something she should have to do alone right now either.

<Clarice> Clarice jumped a little and spun around, frowning at the boy, "You ... you were the one that came and got me ... Fabian?" She folded her arms across her chest and glanced back at the memorial, "Do I ... come out here a lot then?"

<@Fabian> "Yeah, I'm Fabian." He answered, taking a seat at one of the benches nearby. God but it was cold. He just didn't understand how people could like the snow. "Now and then, I just figured after everything you'd be curious about this."

<Clarice> She checked her hat unconsciously and shifted her weight from foot to foot, not quite comfortable enough to sit down with him just yet, "I though maybe ... I would like ... feel something? Maybe I'd recognise it and know that you people weren't bullshitting me. Only there's nothing there," she shrugged, "I don't feel anything ... except maybe just cold."

<@Fabian> "Well, you are running around in the cold, cold snow." Fabian pointed out, smiling a bit. "You will...it's hard to feel about something you don't remember. It's just a story to you right now."

<Clarice> "Apparently I'm from the Bahamas?" She managed a small smile, "So i'm guessing cold isn't my friend, guess we should go inside then? No point hanging out here, yeah?"

<@Fabian> "Yeah, you're originally from there but you've been all over." Fabian nodded. "And I'm from Barcelona and definitely freezing my ass off here so I'll not argue on that point."

<Clarice> "Barcelona? The fuck're you doing over here instead of laying on a beach all through winter?" Clarice went in through the kitchen and pulled her coat off, dumping it on a stool by the breakfast bar before going to hunt through the fridge for a snack.

<@Fabian> "That's something I still ask myself now and then...and it 's so weird to listen to you swear." Fabian added with a laugh, dusting the trace amount of snow off of himself before hanging his coat up. "Anything you want?"

<Clarice> "... What do you mean?" Clarice re-emerged from the fridge with some chicken legs and a can of energy drink, "Naaah, I'm good," she waved the meat at him before taking a bite.

<@Fabian> "You don't swear, at least the you I know you don't swear...and you don't eat meat either." Fabian chuckled but it was a bit disconcerting to see.

<Clarice> Clarice just stared, "... You're joking?" She started to laugh, "What am I, some kinda fucking hippy or something?" She popped open the can and took a mouthful of caffeinated goodness, "like ... I don't curse at all? Like ... do I just go 'oh bother' or something like Winnie the Pooh?"

<@Fabian> "You're a Buddhist." Fabian corrected, deciding he would grab something to eat as well as he joined her. "So not even the caffeine really so have fun coming off of that one of these days."

<Clarice> "Buddhist? You mean, the fat guy and all that karma stuff?" Clarice ... was having a hard time getting that mental image to line up with how she thought about herself, "I don't even have caffeine? How the hell do I even function?"

<@Fabian> "Better than most." He shrugged, taking a seat at the bar with her. "You're the happiest pink girl I know anyway. Granted, I don't know Callie that well but still."

<Clarice> Clarice gave him a disbelieving look, "Happy? I don't curse, eat meat or drink caffeine ... shiiiit, do I even drink? Smoke pot?"

<@Fabian> Fabian shook his head for an answer. "You're pretty awesome overall."

<Clarice> "I sound boring as fuck!" Clarice exclaimed.

<@Fabian> "Some might think so. I always found you to be pretty interesting."

<Clarice> "Seriously?" She arched a very unpurple eyebrow at him, "Why?"

<@Fabian> "You're different, different is interesting." Fabian shrugged. "You've got a different outlook on life, I can learn to think in a different manner around you. You're fun."

<Clarice> "You have a weird definition of fun," she rolled her eyes skywards as she tossed the bone into the trash and licked her fingers clean, "Seriously ... if it wasn't for the fact that I've turned into Legolas I'd say you were all talking out of your asses about this whole thing," she took another mouthful of her drink, "I mean ... pink me sounds like ... boring and like she had a really shitty time. Are you guys so sure that I didn't volunteer to be made normal?"

<Clarice> "I mean, I'm really not seeing the benefit of how everything was before," she waved her hands to indicate the mansion as a whole, "like ... I was mind controlled into being a psycho terrorist, and everyone I met in the street knows it 'cos I how I looked? Would you seriously not want to just ... be human?"

<@Fabian> Fabian covered up his wince well. "I love who I am, I love being a mutant...I'm afraid I'm very pro-mutant. I was pretty sure you were as well considering the good you could do but yes, Apocalypse did change things for you a good deal. You're better than that, though."

<Clarice> "You don't look like a mutant though," Clarice shrugged, "you got it easy," she tilted her stool back as she finished off the can and tossed that after the chicken bone, "well, I guess we won't know for sure till my memories come back, huh?"

<Clarice> "... If they ever do," she frowned again.

<@Fabian> "They will, it was a temporary thing for the experiment, Trask said as much." Fabian sighed, leaning against the bar. "You'll be back to yourself and don't worry, you're not near as boring as you think. I'm pretty sure everyone likes you."

<Clarice> She snorted, "That'd be a change," she put her chin in her hands and eyed him up, "Sooo... we've talked about me, what about you? You said we were friends right? Who is Fabian Cortez then?"

<@Fabian> "Well...you recognized my surname." Fabian pointed out. "So I'm going to guess you might remember some of me or at least have an idea about me."

<Clarice> "I knew there was that big mutant court case, I heard the others talking about it. We never watched the news though, daddy-um ... the ... guy I was living with," she said awkwardly, "always had the sports channel on, but ..." she frowned in concentration as she tried to pull the actual shape of things from her thoughts, "your ... sister? On trial? Same surname ..."

<@Fabian> Fabian nodded. "We...worked for Apocalypse. I was captured here along with Lukas, we defected. Despite that though you and I are friends...dated for a while but that didn't really work out."

<Clarice> "Lukas?" Dated? She dated this little Spanish leprechaun? Well ... he was cute, and charming in a smarmy kinda way, "Sooo ... you worked for the guy that brainwashed me and murdered my parents ... and I dated you? Clearly i'm a fucking moron as well as boring, no offense."

<@Fabian> "Lukas, Lucia." He explained, smirking just a little bit. "...I really don't know how that couldn't be offensive but I'll leave that." Fabian shrugged, digging into his food. "We're still friends, anyway."

<Clarice> "Wait ... Lucia ..." Clarice looked like all her Christmases, birthdays and Hanukkah's had all come at once, "Lucia is a DUDE!? As in a guy! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Clarice started to laugh so hard she nearly fell of the chair, "My whole fucking life her and her fucking horsebeast cheerbuddies made my life hellish for being a tomboy, and it turns out she's the one with the penis? Who's the dyke now, ha!?"

<Clarice> "Oh man, you have just made the elf ears totally worth it! Is Selena really a dude? Please tell me she's a man!"

<@Fabian> "...yeah, Lukas has limited shapeshifting as one of his powers. I imagine he was just messing around when he was brought in." Wow, that was just surreal how different Clarice was. Sure, Fabian was an ass but this was just a bit much even for him.

<@Fabian> "Selene is Darren's wife, she teaches here."

<Clarice> "... Married?" Clarice pulled a face, "I dunno who this Darren guy is, but I feel sorry for him. Pretty sure there's only like ... two guys she didn't fuck in that place ... wait ... three. Pretty sure she never got Max, he was always interrupted before they could do the nasty ... like the time in the woods where I caught her with him when she was meant to be dating Adam and I made her eat dirt," she smirked a little at the memory.

<@Fabian> "Warlock, he was on the jet on the way back. She's all right, her and Darren made things a bit easier for me when I first got here. They're leaving the school soon though, leaving us for more focus on being government agents and all that."

<Clarice> "She's a teacher and a government agent? Are you sure we're talking about the same person here. She'd got the cranial capacity of a goldfish and as much guile as plankton."

<@Fabian> "People are different. You know you're not who you are here at the moment."

<Clarice> "Yeah, I know that ... but she seriously thought that the Japanese ate dolphins, and she spent three and a half hours trying to touch her elbow with her tongue. Three and a half hours. Getting our memories changed shouldn't have like ... altered our intelligence or anything, right?"

<@Fabian> "It's altered enough of how things change and Selene does have telepathic powers so I would say they may have had to alter a number of things. She's clever enough."

<Clarice> "You know ... I could believe she'd been given some kinda lobotomy," Clarice pulled a face, rapping her fingers on the table for a moment before giving Fabian a sideways look, "Soooooo ... just out of curiosity, how does human me rate against mutant me?"

<@Fabian> "Rate?" Fabian quirked an eyebrow up at that.

<Clarice> "Well, you liked old me enough to date, what do you think of human me?"

<@Fabian> "I don't really know human you." Fabian frowned a bit, shrugging. "It's sort of awkward though since I know who you're with still so there's that."

<Clarice> "Who I'm with?" Her eyes widened, "Wait ... I have a boyfriend? Like ... currently?"

<@Fabian> "Remy. He's probably giving you some space or something. I'm sure he'll seek you out soon enough."

<Clarice> Clarice just put her face in her hands, "Shit!"

<@Fabian> "What's the matter?" Fabian asked, putting his fork down and turning towards her.

<Clarice> "I'm a fucking whore is the problem," she groaned.

<@Fabian> "...I'm pretty sure that's the complete opposite of who you are."

<Clarice> "It's just ... oh God. I nearly slept with Paul and then I fucking went and did sleep with Edward and it was the fucking worst thing ever!" She wailed.

<@Fabian> "...Jean-Paul? And he didn't run away from the threat of vaginas?"

<Clarice> She stopped and gave him a funny look, "... Nooo, actually I had like this ... funny pink rash, which I guess wasn't actually a rash but my old skin coming through and that's what made him freak out ... I think maybe it triggered some kind of ... flashback now I think about it?"

<@Fabian> "I always assumed if a naked woman approached him he'd scream out loud." Fabian admitted, chuckling a bit at the very idea. "You almost went where no woman will ever tread."

<Clarice> "Nooo ... he was ... pretty into it. At least I think he was ... he tried to take my bra off any everything ..." her cheeks started to turn red, "Umm ... you mean he's ... Paul's gay?"

<@Fabian> "Jean-Paul is his own pride parade...goddamnit, so your gay best friend officially got farther with you than me?"

<Clarice> Clarice looked like she was suffering from some kind of mild shock, "I dunno ... did he? No wonder it felt so ... weird all of a sudden," but Paul- Jean-Paul was still her best friend? That at least was a bit of a comfort.

<@Fabian> "Apparently so," Fabian couldn't help but have a quiet laugh at that. "You're all right there, yes?"

<Clarice> "Well ... at least I know I'm not like ... cursed or anything at least, after him and then Edward ... that was what we were fighting about when you found us in my house, about the bar?" She shrugged.

<@Fabian> "Well, if you were cursed then Remy broke it so you don't have to worry about that." He smiled a bit, reaching over and ruffling her hair. "I may have to start calling Eddie Edward just to mess with him later on."

<Clarice> Clarice frowned at the hair ruffling but let it slide, "Just ... please don't tell anyone about it? You and Pa-Jean-Paul are the only people who know about that ... I'd better tell this Remy guy too when I see him."

<@Fabian> "You can trust m-" Fabian stopped before he could finish that, making a face. "You don't have to worry about it, I won't mention it to a soul."

<Clarice> Clarice ... had a slight niggling feeling about how he stopped like that. It made her feel ... bad? She didn't know why though and it was frustrating. She had a feeling there was a lot of frustration in her immediate future.

<Clarice> "Thanks, I appreciate it," she was silent for a few moments, the sat up straight, "Aww, fuck it, where do you people keep the booze around here? If i'm gonna like ... revert to a li'l miss Goodie-Two-Shoes eventually I might as well have fun in the mean time, right?"

<@Fabian> "You'll be so upset with me if I take you boozing." Fabian laughed even though it was the truth. "You can try Mel but you'll not get anything from me. Sorry, I don't like dealing with upset Clarice."

<Clarice> "What if I solemnly swear I won't be upset with you afterwards?" Clarice asked hopefully.

<@Fabian> "You will give me the sad face. I want no part of the sad face."

<Clarice> Clarice couldn't help but laugh at that, "Screw you," she said good-naturedly, "I guess you really must be a good friend to mutant me then, terrorist or not. If everything turns out to be like you said I'll come back and thank you when I remember, okay?"

<@Fabian> "I'll hold you to that. I'm almost always right."

<Clarice> "I will have to take your word at that," she smirked, getting to her feet, "well, I'm gonna go find some booze on my lonesome, see you in class I expect?"

<@Fabian> "See you in Italian first thing in the morning." He nodded, sure he should probably stop her from going on a boozequest but pretty sure nobody else would give her any.

<Clarice> Right ... Mel might give her booze. She should go find Mel and ask where the booze was, "Laters."

<Clarice> One question though ... who the fuck was Mel?