10/26 Instance: Amnesia Brownies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/26 Instance: Amnesia Brownies

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Lorna> Lorna might not be a baker but she could manage brownies all right. Of course, they were no drunken souffle but while pregnant there was just some things you couldn't do. "Here we are then, eat up." She smiled, starting to plate them up.

<Cecilia> Cecilia took a brownie. "Thanks Mrs. Drake," she said, unintentionally sounding like a cheesy commercial.

<Calvin> Calvin, a big glass of milk in front of him, eagerly reached out. He did like brownies.

<Jessica> Jess took one of the brownies with a small smile, looking around the kitchen at the unfamiliar surrounds and faces.

<@Lorna> "You too, Max." Lorna passed him a plate and sat down at the bar. "So...where shall we begin? I assume Lukas got pulled away by his cousin or something?"

<Max> Max sat, still looking very human, eyes darting from left to right. THe brownies smelled so damn good. He was still half confused. Or mostly confused. "Thanks." he said.

<Jessica> Jess gave a distracted nod, it was still odd to refer to Lucia as male... She pulled a small piece off her brownie and popped it into her mouth.

<Calvin> "Let's start at the beginning," Calvin said, though due to a mouthfull of brownies, it sounded more like "Lssstrtathhbg..."

<@Lorna> "You two have any questions? I figure you guys should have the first shot after everything."

<Jessica> "Only two...." she sighed, "What is this place? And how did I end up here?"

<Max> Max was busy putting a whole brownie in his mouth as he raised his hand and said, "I second those questions."

<Cecilia> Cecilia blinked. "Have you lost it? You used to go to school here. I mean, I wasn't there when you did but...ugh, you get the idea..."

<@Lorna> Lorna gave Cecilia a slightly reproachful look, shaking her head just barely. "This is Xavier University, you were both recruited to come study here with us because of your mutations."

<Calvin> Calvin kept on munching brownies, observing the fascinating human interaction playing out in front of him.

<Jessica> Jess coughed a little on her brownie, "Recruited because of what now?"

<Cecilia> "Mutations. Powers that arise in persons with an 'X-Factor' gene," clarified Cecilia. "Y'know...mutants?"

<Calvin> Seeing the confusion abound, Calvin was glad he had told Hobbes to hide behind the mansion.

<Max> "Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what a mutant is, I'm just confused on the whole idea that I am one."

<@Lorna> "Well, you know how Lukas was a girl from how you remember him, limited shapeshifting is one of his abilities."

<Jessica> Jess nodded to what Max said, "But... there are no mutants in Circle Pines... we'd remember..."

<@Lorna> "From the letters sent in your names and everything we think there are quite a lot of mutants in Circle Pines. People were trying to 'cure' you there."

<Jessica> Jess glanced at Max again, "I don't remember sending any letter... do you?"

<Calvin> He nodded. "They wanted to streamline you, you know?" He nodded again, quite sagely, as he imagined.

<Max> "I, yeah no letters from me." Max confessed.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stared at the two former students. This was starting to get very creepy all of a sudden. "Mindwipe?" She mouthed at Lorna.

<@Lorna> She gave an almost imperceptive nod and shrug to Cecilia's question. "We got them from a few people who might be there. Do you know some people in Circle Pines?

<Max> "Well yeah, of course, friends and family." Max replied.

<Jessica> Jess nodded, thinking mainly of Scott. He was probably wondering where she was. What would they tell him?

<Calvin> "I think I could restart your memories. I have built a little helmet for that." He beamed at them, in his scientific pride oblivious to intricate delicacies of communication, yet mindfully dropping the fact that the "helmet" used to be a colander, just two weeks ago.

<Jessica> Jess openly stared at Calvin, moving a little further away from him on her seat.

<@Lorna> "...lets wait on the science helmet." Lorna wasn't sure that was a good idea, ever since Calvin 'fixed' the toaster. "Would you mind telling us some of the people?"

<Calvin> His eyes saddened a little, but one more brownie made all better.

<Cecilia> "Maybe the professor oughta have a look at them?" Offered Cecilia. "He'd be able to tell if their memories have been scrambled."

<Jessica> "You want a list?" Jess looked at Lorna, "I mean... I don't know everyone as well as Max or Lucia-uh... Lukas would..."

<Max> "Hey, I don't know that many people either. I don't know all the people you know," Max told Jessica.

<Jessica> "But you've lived there longer than I have... and you delivered pizzas..."

<@Lorna> "Any names are going to help right now." She assured them. "We just want to make sure you're not the only people we have there."

<Cecilia> "Why don't you both write down everyone you know around your age?" Said Cecilia. At least that would narrow things down a bit.

<@Lorna> "And a few that might be a bit older as well, if you would." After all, they still needed to hope Scott, Paige, and Selene were there as well.

<Jessica> Jess nodded, "Okay... um... pen and paper?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia took a pad of paper and pens from near the phone. "Here."

<Max> Max took the pen and a page, pausing for a moment. He started writing down names.

<@Lorna> "Do you have any more questions for us?" Lorna asked, settling back and eating her own brownie finally.

<Jessica> Jess wrote down only five names, Scott's, Paige's and the names of her three fellow conspiracy theorists. She shook her head to Paige's question, "Not... not really... well... do we have rooms here? Things...?"

<Max> "Yeah, um....Yeah, how sure are you that I'm supposed to be a mutant?" Max asked, his pen tapping on the paper with the few names he wrote down.

<Calvin> "where did we store their things again?"

<@Lorna> "You usually have porcupine quills, Max. We're sure." Lorna smiled and nodded to Jess. "Yes, we've got your things in storage. A few people are working on getting it all back to your rooms now."

<Max> Max opened his mouth, pausing for a moment, then closed it again, only opening for the next brownie, unsure what to say about the idea of quills. "Like... ink and pen and paper kind of quills?"

<Calvin> "No, the porcupine kind."

<Cecilia> "Should we alert the cavalry?" Asked Cecilia. "I mean, what if they set off some sort of alert when they left? The other's left at that place might be in trouble."

<Jessica> "Oh they definitely know we left." Jess nodded, "We were chased."

<@Lorna> "Alert what calvary? Who's going to arrest people for conducting a government sanctioned clinical trial?"

<@Lorna> "We're on our own with this, just need to make sure we're not going in blind."

<Cecilia> "Well, yeah I was referring to us when I said the cavalry..." said Cecilia.

<Calvin> "I could ask Hobbes to go and pick them all up?"

<@Lorna> "You don't think a giant robot would be a bit of a problem?"

<Max> "Giant robot?"

<Jessica> "Are you serious?"

<Cecilia> "Wow, you guys are starting to sound like me when I first got here," said Cecilia.

<Calvin> "Very serious. Hobbes claims full Japanese citizenship for himself. He even has a driver's license."

<Calvin> "Can't get any more serious than the Japanese government."

<@Lorna> Lorna pulled more paper over. "If you could, draw us a map?" She asked, glancing over the names so far and nodding. "They're from here as well...I hope there are more."

<Jessica> "Uh..." Jess chewed her lip, "I can try... Max, you'll have to help..."

<Max> "Sure, but it's not like I know any directions outside of Circle Pines." Max said.

<Cecilia> "Is it a gated community?" Asked Cecilia.

<Jessica> Jess nodded, drawing the streets she could remember with the landmarks she frequented on them and the houses of Scott and Paige. "Very exclusive apparently...."

<Max> Max watched the mapmaking, "No, the street there got closed off, they're building another house there."

<Jessica> "Oh yeah...." She crossed that out, trying to remember where Noriko's house was in relation to the others she'd already marked. "Here, you try..." she passed the pen to Max.

<Cecilia> "Are there any guardhouses?" Asked Cecilia, trying to get an idea of defenses.

<Jessica> "Guard houses? It's not a prison! I think we might have noticed something was up if there were."

<@Lorna> "I doubt they'd want to actually call them as such to their patients. We're going to have to do a little recon before going in. I'm sure they have some sort of security."

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed Jess. "If it's not a prison then why did they chase after you? Aren't you allowed to leave?"

<Jessica> "I don't know!" She put her face in her hands, getting exasperated. It was all so confusing.

<Max> Max had to take a moment as he bit his lower lip in thought, drawing some extra streets that he remembered, thanks to a life of delivering pizzas since he was old enough to own a scooter... or not...

<@Lorna> "Cecilia." Lorna gave the girl just a bit of a warning tone. "If you're going to be a doctor now might be a good time to practice your bedside manner." She smiled though. Cecilia was doing what she could, it was just an awkward situation.

<@Lorna> "Okay, thank you two for the map and names. You'll let us know if there's anything else you have to share? Some of us are going to be doing some recon so stay near people with phones, we might be sending pictures back to verify."

<Cecilia> Cecilia flushed a little. "Sorry..." She didn't point out that her being a doctor now, with her marks, wasn't likely.

<Jessica> Running her fingers through her hair, Jess gave Lorna another nod, "Okay..."

<Cecilia> "...Try not to worry too much," advised Cecilia, practicising her bedside manner. "We'll straighten everything out, you'll see."

<Jessica> Jess chewed her lip, glancing around, "If... if you do go back for everyone... I don't know what they'd have told everyone else about us leaving... can you tell Scott I'm okay?"

<Max> THat reminded Max that his parents would probably be worried about him. He was about to ask something similiar to what Jess had, but then.... he had doubts.

<@Lorna> "You'll see him soon enough." Lorna assured him. "In the meantime we're going to make sure you get settled in here. I imagine people'll be helping you but if it gets to be too much just let them know."

<Jessica> Jess nodded again, "Okay... thank you... is there somewhere I can go and lie down for a while? It's kind of been a hell of a day..."

<Cecilia> "I could take them to their old rooms..." offered Cecilia.

<@Lorna> "Thanks, Cecilia." She offered the girl a smile. "And I'll work on getting my taskforce then. I'll keep my phone on me in case either of you need anything, all right?"

<Calvin> "And the offer with the helmet still stands!," he added, hopefully.

<Cecilia> "C'mon, I'll take you guys upstairs," said Cecilia. "It'll be nice to play the experienced student showing everyone around...even though you're not technically new..."

<Jessica> Jess slid off her seat and got to her feet, "Thanks... I'm sure I'll feel better after some sleep..."

<Max> Max stood up, pushing his chair back, and grabbed the last brownie from his plate, eating it and gulping down the last of his milk as well. He quickly followed the two.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 10/26 Instance: Amnesia Brownies

Post by Slarti »

*Bobby wanders in, snatches the last of the brownies, wanders back out*