10/25 Instance: Escarg- Oh, Shit

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

10/25 Instance: Escarg- Oh, Shit

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Rachel: Rachel reached up to push the hood off her head and rake her fingers through her hair, keeping Nur in her sights. She'd been waiting for a good moment to attack him, but she supposed there was never going to be one. Looking around, she decided to get it over with and lifted a car with her telekinesis, hurling it at him.

Nur: Nur had been sitting inside the club, chatting to potential allies when the car came crashing through the window, the only thing giving him the time to bolster his strength enough to push it aside being just that. The car pushed aside, the man simply stepped through the gaping hole. "Phoenix."

Rachel: Giving a few people a small shove out of her way, Rachel stepped out from her spot after a deep breath. "Apocalypse," she managed to get out evenly.

Nur: "What do you believe you have to gain from this?" He asked, a bit sad she was merely pushing people aside.

Darren: There were two blasts of yellow energy, aimed at both Rachel and Nur's feet, "And we're SWORD, and we were kinda hopin' to gain some cheese fondue, but you guys kinda just ruined that," Darren hovered in the air above them, arms folded.

Jay: "Speak f' yourself, ami. Was wantin' some fish but each to dere own Ah suppose." Jay landed on a nearby bus. "Shame, heard d' salmon was good here. Bonjou, all."

Bobby: "I thought everybody would be wearing berets and striped shirts and there would be statues to Jerry Lewis." Bobby decided his own entry would be best made on an ice slide. "I'm so disappointed. See the world, they said..."

Kyle: Kyle's grand entrance wasn't that grand nor an actual entrance. He came padding up closer to the others, sat down with his nearly blank eyes and grinned from ear to ear, waving, "Hi, Rachel! Hi!"

Darren: Darren face-palmed.

Nur: Nur simply took this sight in. "They send puppets to come after us, Phoenix; government puppets being used by people who think less of them."

Jay: "Hey man, he's callin' us names. Figured d' bringer of d' End Times'd be above playground tactics, huh. Shows what we know."

Bobby: "Banter, banter, banter - Rae, can't we just talk about this?"

Darren: "Dude, this guy willingly called himself Apocalypse," Darren remarked to Jay, "Hey Rae, no hard feelings over last time yeah?"

Rachel: Rachel stumbled back at the blasts and looked between the assembled team, gaze lingering a bit longer on Bobby. A small smile tugged at her lips at Kyle's greeting, and she swallowed as she looked back to Nur, answering, "I'm not exactly one for talking, and of course not. You need a good ass kicking every once in a while."

Darren: "Yeah, well, I figured maybe we could team-up to take his douchiness down. Then, we can go grab a cup of coffee or something and talk this over like adults?" Darren suggested hopefully but still keeping a wary eye on them both.

Bobby: "Or booze. Booze is also acceptable." Bobby nodded, smiling at Rachel as genuinely as he could.

Darren: "Pretty sure they put the booze in the coffee here."

Kyle: "Really? That sounds awesome," Kyle growled with a happy smile.

Nur: "You're more thank this, more than the revenge you seek. You were born more, and I have made you more. You don't have to go home at human government's beck and call either." He went on to tell Rachel.

Darren: "Dude, we're not asking her on behalf of any government, we're her friends."

Nur: "Then why do you come here with a government name? Is this what you wish to always be? Used?"

Jay: "Hell yeah, we've known Rae longer'n y'all've been fiddlin' her genetics. Merde, Rae's worth ten've y'all an' you cain't make her any better den she already was." Jay snorted. "Because hell, Rae, you're an awesome friend an' dis ain't doin' you no favours."

Jay: "Ah dunno, SWORD's a pretty cool name, an' last Ah checked Ah was asked an' willin'ly signed up for dis shit - unlike y'all an' kidnappin' and brainwashin' people..."

Nur: "Used to keep your fellow mutants in line? That is what this is. The humans do not like what you are, Phoenix, and they have their tools here to put you down."

Jay: Jay gave Nur a hard look. "And you're any differen' den what you're preachin' against, ami. Least we volunteered for dis shit."

Darren: "'Cos the government name sounds pretty badass, let's be honest, and I figured why not with you two glaring at each other talking with codenames? I figured it fit," the fearless leader shrugged.

Kyle: Kyle sat and watched with a mixture of a smile and blank expression on his face, cocking his head and trying to follow the conversation.

Rachel: Why hadn't she had a few drinks before going after him? Rachel unconsciously rubbed at the shoulder Darren had impaled as she looked between the team and Nur once more. Decisions, decisions. The smart thing to do would be to take that offer to help with Nur and go have the damn coffee, but... She bit down on her lip. "They'll have a hard time doing that before you're put down."

Rachel: With that, Rachel launched another attack against Nur. It wasn't the best decision, but right now she wanted him dead.

Jay: "...Guess she made her decision." Jay pushed up into the air, checking his mic was good.

Bobby: "Shiiiit...." Bobby was pretty sure Rachel could scramble his brains into sorbet, so he'd really been hoping the talking thing would work.

Darren: "Damnit, Rae," Darren hissed, "All SWORD personal, attempt to engage and capture target Nur." He ordered.

Nur: "You speak of volunteering yet you still don't stand for yourself. You blame my enlightenment as a way of holding you back." Some people were just slow. Nur didn't attack, only defending himself. Soon they would realize the wisdom to his words, if they wanted to be the survivors.

Darren: "Dude, just shut up with your crazy talk!" Darren insisted, discharging an energy blast at Nur.

Kyle: Kyle's body stiffened and he was at a ready stance at the order, eyes directed towards Nur.

Bobby: "You, are a dipshit, dude," Bobby pointed at Nur and watched Darren's attack.

Jay: "Gotcha. Hey, Nur, turn this int' a speech." The mic was turned off, and Nur got a needle of pure sound, inaudible, aimed for his ears.

Kyle: Kyle's jumped forward, his body launching towards Nur, claws reaching out to grab on, maw grinning for a nice bite.

Nur: Ants, they were ants of human subservience. Increasing his size, he looked down at the annoying creature attempting to bite him, launching his foot into the excuse for a mutant. He was an ant; it was mercy not to simply step on him.

Nur: His attention turned to the squawking gnat he decided Jay was, lashing out at him telepathically as he move to swat Darren away.

Darren: "Hey, two can play that game, buddy!" Darren dodged the hand, shifting to his true form and channeling his energy into his mass till he matched Nur's size, upon which he punched the guy on the nose.

Bobby: Watching his team get taken down wasn't the greatest, so Bobby kept his distance and started freezing, starting a Nur's feet to keep him in place.

Jay: Jay felt the movement in the air, countering it with one of his shrieks, only pushed back a little before he circled the pair. "Bigger dey come, d' bigger d' eardrums." With that, another shriek went straight into Nur's ear. Hey, bigger target.

Kyle: Kyle tumbled and twisted around, and launched himself at Nur again, not even bothered at the fact that he left a large dent in a car when he tumbled and twisted. His claws dug into Nur's leg deep.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't overly cautious of the civilians or SWORD as she let loose a burst of telekinetic force in the direction of Nur.

Nur: Just swatting Darren again as he wasn't impressed, Nur simply grabbed Kyle up this time, throwing him at the other two. "Phoenix, you know you are greater than this." He met the burst of telekinesis, healing what damage he had all ready taken and cracking the ice that had formed on his feet as he took to the air.

Darren: "Damnit, this guy made of granite or something?" Darren cursed, dodging to the side to catch Kyle.

Rachel: "Probably, but I try not to point it out," she muttered as she tossed another car at him.

Bobby: Rachel's blast caught Bobby as well, throwing him into a wall and shattering him.

Jay: "Gotta be, dat an' he's got no fuckin' eardrums." Jay circled higher, out of range of the blasts, before heading after Nur. "Watch it, he's headin' out. 'Lock, wanna let base know? Rae, seriously, he's talkin' shit. You are better den dis, ami - but not in d' way he's thinkin'."

Darren: "Fuck, no way can I catch up with him at that speed ..." he radioed base, "SWORD control, this is Warlock. Target Nur has escaped capture. Last known co-ordinates-"

Rachel: She let out a curse and blasted the incoming car aside into a nearby building.

Darren: "Jesus Rachel! There's people in those buildings!"

Kyle: Kyle growled, looking upwards at the disappearing Nur. He snarled in frustration and slashed at a lamp post next to him.

Rachel: "There's fucking people everywhere," she snarled back, not at all pleased that they'd just gotten rid of Nur.

Darren: "What? And that gives you the right to do to them with Nur did to you? What are you, Rogue?" Darren snapped, flying over to where Bobby had broken, pieces of ice everywhere, "Iceman? Iceman?"

Darren: He poked the ice then scanned the air for unusual water vapor activity, "Bobby .... now is not the time for pranks ..."

Jay: "Holy fuck, Rae, way t' be a heartless bitch." Jay just...stared at her, before landing next to the slowly melting ice. "Fuck, man, talk to us or Ah'm usin' y'all in d' next mojito bucket...Bobby?"

Rachel: "Nobody's dead... Yet. So, get on your radio or whatever and call for medical assistance," Rachel replied with a roll of her eyes after doing a quick scan of the building. She moved into the air. They could deal with that while she went after Nur.

Jay: Jay pushed up with a flap of his wings and grabbed her foot. "No you fuckin' well don't, you little shit. You're a friend, Rae, we're meant t' be havin' dis talk. Who d' fuck took d' real Rachel, who cares two shits about her friends an' people aroun' her, an' replaced her wit' dis queen bitch?"

Darren: "Nobody's dead? Good, then you can tell me where the fuck Bobby is 'cos it ain't here!!"

Kyle: Kyle looked and padded towards the melting bits of ice, sniffing at it.

Rachel: "He'll reform," Rachel answered simply, hoping she sounded confident in that assumption because she sure as hell didn't feel like it. As for Jay's question, she glanced over to him, voice low and threatening, "Nur. He wanted this, he's going to get it. Now let me go take him of him, or I'll wipe the floor with you."

Jay: "Firs' Jason, now Bobby - an' threatening me? Holy hell, you're gettin' good at spreadin' shit, Phoenix." Jay refused to let go though, gold eyes meeting hers calmly and steadily. "Yeah, Nur did dat. So...you're gonna become exactly what he wants y' to, kill all d' friends who care about y'all and become dis monster he's created? D' fuck, Rae, d' honest fuck."

Darren: "Icarus, back off," Darren ordered walking forwards, "Rachel, I'm warning you, if you leave now the next time we meet there won't be any offers of sorting this out rationally. We will beat you, we will bring you back in, and you WILL be held accountable for your crimes."

Darren: He just hoped that murdering SWORD personnel wouldn't end up on the charge sheet. Come on, Bobby.

Rachel: Jay's words stung to hear, but it was something that had occurred to her. She tried not to let it show as she took in Darren's words. After a moment of consideration, she shot him a mock salute before taking off.

Jay: Jay swore as her speed shook him off, catching himself with his wings and landing. "Fuck. Fuck, thought she was gonna be rational den..."

Kyle: Kyle's head snapped up before his tongue touched the melted ice.

Darren: Darren narrowed his eyes, "Your choice, Rae," he sighed, "I know, I hoped so too, bro."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 10/25 Instance: Escarg- Oh, Shit

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Why doesn't someone just *hug* Rachel?

Clearly that will set everything back to the way it was. It worked for Scott & Jean in X-3!