10/23 Instance: Fabian Cortez, International Man of Smarm

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/23 Instance: Fabian Cortez, International Man of Smarm

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Darren> The van pulled up outside the nondescript, rent-a-office building and Darren peered out of the window at it, "Yep, the almighty googlemaps says this is the spot," he turned back to the van's other occupiers, "you guys ready?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia shifted a little in her seat. "As ready as I'll ever be," she said doubtfully. She eyed the building nervously.

<@Fabian> Fabian glanced over the building as if it were some sort of back alley whorehouse only without the appeal, only the sense of disgust. "Just let me have a moment to not look like I want to burn the place down."

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "There's no way this cure is real. At best it's bogus and at worst they're infecting the mutants that come here with some disease..."

<Darren> Darren chuckled and climbed out of the driver's seat, "Yeah, not the impression we're trying to give off, Cortez," he murmured, making his way through the front entrance to the reception desk, "and who knows, just make sure you keep that to yourself though and don't blow your cover."

<@Fabian> Fabian gave Darren a look as if to say 'bitch please' befrore slipping into character. If there was one thing Fabian Cortez could do it was bullshit and he knew how to do it well as he made his way to the reception desk, giving the receptionist there his best flirty smile while not being his usual smarmy self. "Good afternoon, this is the Bolivar Trask foundation that is working on the mutant cure, yes?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia followed Darren and Fabian into the reception, scowling a little as Fabian flirted with the receptionist.

<Darren> Darren resisted the urge to chuckle at the scowl, that was cute. He figured it best to just let Fabian work his midgity ginger magic on the woman for the moment.

<@Fabian> "Why yes it is, how may I help you?" The receptionist let out a deceptively girlish laugh for someone who was quite obviously a cougar in waiting.

<@Fabian> "We were wondering actually about the possibility of joining the trials?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia had to resist the urge to gag. Both at the receptionist and at the thought of being 'cured.'

<Darren> Darren gave a subtle roll of his eyes, Cortez was terrible and Cee should probably think of taking a few of Lorna's acting classes, poor kid.

<@Fabian> Fabian was terrible but at least it was a kind of terrible that worked for the moment as he leaned against the desk some.

<@Fabian> "I'm afraid the trials are closed while they are ongoing but I would be glad to take down your names and numbers for when we're ready to do a wider study." Why no, she didn't have ulterior motives at all.

<@Fabian> "Well, I'll just take that down for you." Fabian shifted to block off view of the other two as he swiped a pad and pen from the desk.

<Cecilia> Cecilia blinked. Wait the trials were over? What the hell did that mean?

<Darren> Darren took the opotunity to have a quick snoop around the office, there were plenty of posters and fliers about, but they all had the address of the office they were in on them.

<Darren> "Closed huh?" He piped up when he was done, "Are they gonna be re-opening them anytime soon, do you know, ma'am?"

<@Fabian> "Oh yes, everything in the current study is looking good I won't be surprised if the cure is open to the public by this time next year!" Fabian had decided he was flirting with an airhead as she let that all slip but his smile didn't falter, scribbling fake names and numbers onto her paper, underlining which one was fake-his.

<Cecilia> "Thank God for that," said Cecilia, putting on a false smile.

<Darren> "Really? That soon?" Darren faked sounding hopeful, "but not soon enough for us. It sucks living with this ... illness," he feigned disapointment, "are you sure there's no way for us to get out there to the trials ma'am ... where did you say it was again?"

<@Fabian> "Can't be soon enough, yes?" Fabian kept his grin on, passing her the paper with a little winking smirk.

<@Fabian> "Well, there will probably be more trials once the current one is wrapped and any issues are fixed." She answered quite cheerily. "Oh, it's not far, out of state though which is a drag since I've not gotten to go down and see but still."

<Cecilia> "Oh really?" Laughed Cecilia. There, that narrowed down the location.

<Darren> Ding! Not far, but was that not far by car or not far by air? "Awww damn," he chuckled, "you mean we could have even possibly driven to the place? That's a bummer."

<@Fabian> "Yeah, pity it has to be closed. They don't want any of the press or anything getting in or some radicals who want to shut the place down and shame all the people trying to get better." She looked sad at the very idea of that.

<@Fabian> "Oh, that we can definitely understand. It would be a mess." Fabian nodded sadly and understandingly.

<Cecilia> "Yes...that would be a real tragedy...said Cecilia. Not.

<Darren> "So there's nothing more we can do except wait to hear back from you guys?" Darren asked.

<@Fabian> "I promise I will call you absolutely as soon as I can. Would you like some contact information as well?" She went for her stack of cards.

<Cecilia> "We'd appreciate that," said Cecilia, her eyes mean despite the smile plastered on her face.

<Darren> "Well, we've already got all the contact info for this office, obviously," Darren gave her a winning smile, "we'd hate to end up with doubles, waste of paper and thinking of the enviroment and all that. Unless it's for elsewhere?"

<@Fabian> Fabian took a card anyway as he saw her scribbling on the back of it. He had to play along, after all. "Well, thank you very much anyway...you'll be hearing from us I imagine."

<Cecilia> Cecilia scowled at this, turing away slightly so the receptionist wouldn't see.

<@Fabian> He smiled, tucking the card in his wallet. "Until then," He gave her a cheeky salute before turning to the others.

<Cecilia> Alright, they were going. Thank God. Cecilia marched back towards the doors without a backward glance.

<Darren> "Thanks for the help, ma'am," Darren gave her a salute before following Cee out.

<@Fabian> Fabian lingered just enough to give her an ending flirty smirk before walking out and coming out of character. "Yeeeech."

<Darren> "Oh shut up, you know you love the attention," Darren chuckled, "at least we can call that a mission sucessful."

<Cecilia> Cecilia elbowed Fabian as soon as they were outside. "Serves you right for being a smarmy git," she said churlishly. "Successful? You mean that's all we had to do?"

<Darren> "You were expecting us to tie up that lady and interogate her?" Darren grinned at her, "if Fabian had been a part of that she might have got the wrong idea," he waggled his eyebrows at her.

<Cecilia> Cecilia scowled even further. "I'll just bet..." she muttered. "I wasn't expecting to hurt anyone...just...I thought we might be doing more sneaking around. Spy stuff..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked down. "Sorry, don't mind me...I've got no idea what I'm talking about..."

<@Fabian> "Uugh, being cougar bait is bad enough but bondage cougar bait? No thank you."

<Darren> Darren shook his head with a knowing smile, "Welcome to real-life espionage, a lot of the time you can get the info you need by just asking the right questions I'm afraid."

<Cecilia> "So no seeking up the fire escape and having a peek at their documents?" Said Cecilia.

<@Fabian> "Only sometimes." Fabian laughed, "So, what now, fearless leader?" He looked to Darren.

<Darren> "Well, we could, but they've got camera's watching it, see," he pointed out the security camera trained on the building, "well, not we head back and start looking for likely locations that are within a days drive of the state."

<Cecilia> "Cameras can meet unfortunate ends," said Cecilia ominously. "But you're the boss."

<@Fabian> Fabian slid into the car. "So, time to make our exit, yes?"

<Darren> "We'd better, before your admirer realises you gave her fake numbers and raises the alarm."

<Cecilia> Cecilia slid in the van and buckled up. "Yeah, or worse, she actually comes out and tries to proposition you."

<@Fabian> "Wouldn't be the first time I've given a fake number and name." Fabian smirked, pulling out her number card.

<Cecilia> Cecilia rolled her eyes. "Ugggh, how did I know you'd say something terrible like that?"

<@Fabian> "You've met me."