10/22 Instance: Creative Tactics

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/22 Instance: Creative Tactics

Post by Ferguson »

Current timeline

Cecilia: Cecilia tried to avoid the next shockwave only land heavily on her side as the ground surged up and sent her crashing down hard. "Dammit," she gasped, spitting out virtual dirt.

Cecilia: Cecilia had decided that she needed more practice before going out into the field again. And what better way to practice than to fight virtual versions of the X-Men's enemies? "Fuck..." Cecilia scrambled up, creating a forcefield armor around her body. In this scenario she was fighting Arclight in a deserted desert landscape.

Cecilia: "Bring it on you bitch," she snarled. Bracing herself for another of the shockwaves.

<Fabian> "So yeah, fair warning? If you don't want to get roped into singing avoid the professor Drake's office area, she's getting a bit manic. I didn't think I was going to escape when I walked by the costume closet." Fabian finished up as he made his way into the Danger Room, only realizing that a program was running as he stepped in. "Oh, sorry."

<Cecilia> Cecilia didn't even notice her two spectators, she was so focused on Arclight. This time when the shockwave came she was ready, rolling to the side and extending her field, trying to make a battering ram. "Nyyah!"

<@Laura> "I will be sure to keep that in mind, however she may start hunting people down and I've done karaoke with her. I may be at the top of her list," Laura replied as she stepped into the room after Fabian, blinking at the scene. Spotting Arclight, Laura pulled a face, "I can safely say I do not miss her."

<Fabian> "Not glad she's dead but I can say I don't miss interacting with her on a day to day basis, yes." Fabian admitted, stepping towards Cecilia. "Kicking ass and taking names, are we?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia caught sight of two familiar faces in the corner of her eye. "Pause," she said. The simulation stopped. "Hey, what're you guys doing here?" She said, not unkindly.

<@Laura> "The people here are far more enjoyable than the Marauders," Laura said as she moved to circle the simulated Arclight. It was a bit unnerving how realistic these things looked and acted. In response to the question, she stated, "I enjoy training."

<Cecilia> Cecilia gave Laura a funny look before turning to Fabian. "I don't know if kicking ass is the word for what I'm doing. I am learning though," she said, breathing heavily, wiping sweat out of her eyes. Wincing slightly at the twinge of psychosomatic pain.

<Fabian> Fabian just smiled and shrugged to Cecilia. Laura was Laura, there was no explanation. It was nice being around someone else who played for the other side for a while, even if she had also played for a side that might've wanted to murder him a bit.

<Fabian> "That's the idea we were having as well, care for company?"

<Cecilia> "Always," said Cecilia smiling slightly at him. "What did you guys have in mind?"

<@Laura> "I am much better at fighting than Arclight," she put in before coming to the conclusion, "We could spar."

<Cecilia> Cecilia considered that. "Is that even safe?" She asked Laura. "I mean I can shield up and you can heal but Fab can't do either of those things. Every hit he takes he's gotta live with." Cecilia turned to Fab, "Unless you're interested in that? You did say you have to brush up on hand to hand."

<@Laura> Glancing between the two, she gave a small shrug, "I can hold back."

<Fabian> "Oh, I think I'm game." He shrugged. "We'll see how it goes before you hold back, yes?" After all, he wasn't going to learn if he made it too easy on himself.

<Cecilia> "Okay, so free for all?" Said Cecilia. "Or two against one?"

<@Laura> "I may run the risk of sounding arrogant, but I believe I can take you both," Laura stated with another glance between the two, "However, I would also be fine with a free for all."

<Cecilia> Cecilia actually laughed at that. "Oh ho ho. Big talk," she said. "Alright, I'm game for us versus you. What about you Fab? Sound good?"

<Fabian> "I have a pretty good idea what Laura can do so I won't mind having a teammate." Fabian smirked, cracking his knuckles as he stretched.

<Cecilia> Cecilia grinned. "Alright! So is there any ground rules here? Or do I have free reign?"

<@Laura> "No hitting Fabian in the head?" Laura suggested with a slight smirk, "Other than that, none come to mind, so I believe you do have free reign."

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked upset at mention of hitting Fabian in the head. "Yeah, let's just avoid that all together. No head shots."

<Cecilia> "Right, shall we?"

<Fabian> "Sometimes I wonder if I should give my uniform a helmet." Fabian deadpanned but nodded. "Lets go." He nodded, feeding Cecilia enough energy to be a boost instead of a drain.

<@Laura> Laura dropped into a stance and automatically threw a punch a Fabian. She figured he was likely to boost Cecilia. Plus, Laura was curious as to what Cecilia's first move would be. She'd never seen the other girl fight... Likely because she didn't have X-men privileges. She'd have to consider doing something about that when she wasn't starting a fight.

<Cecilia> Cecilia immediately threw up a shield between Fabian and Laura to stop the blow. "Oh no you don't!"

<Fabian> Fabian had all ready dropped lower to avoid the attack, rounding to try and cut Laura's legs out from under her. There were some advantages to being on the shorter side of things such as a lower center of gravity that made this sort of thing somewhat easier. "Cee, can you make the shield move with me?"

<Cecilia> "Yeah," she said, edging closer. "I can move it about as fast as you can walk."

<@Laura> As she fell back from the trip, she rolled with it and ended up back on her feet, looking between the two. Maybe taking out Cecilia first would have been a better choice. Laura feinted toward Fabian but aimed a kick at Cecilia's midsection.

<Cecilia> Cecilia didn't manage to move the shield quickly enough to save herself and got a foot in the stomach. "Ow," she said.

<@Laura> "If it is any consolation, I could have stabbed you instead of a simply kicking," Laura commented as she moved toward Fabian once more, trying to get a hit in on him as well.

<Fabian> "Best concentrate on shielding yourself the most then, me hitting the shield and her's only going to hurt you more. You're okay?" He bought himself some time, backing away from Laura and trying to duck under and around her as she made her swing.

<Cecilia> "I'm good, thanks for asking." Cecilia followed his advice, creating a shield in front of herself only. "Got any strategies, pal?"

<@Laura> Laura twisted around as Fabian dodge, wanting to keep both of them in front of her. She could hear or smell both of them coming from miles away, but she preferred to keep opponents in her sights. It just made things easier, as she didn't have to divide her attention.

<Fabian> It was difficult to talk strategy when the person you were fighting was right there so Fabian didn't answer right away, concentrating on feeding too much energy into Laura, ready to start burning her out. Laura would be able to see the field but if Cecilia put it up fast enough she might not be able to avoid it in time, turning to avoid Laura again, Fabian mouthed 'clothesline' to her before trying to land a hit of his own.

<@Laura> Turning to the side to avoid the hit, Laura pulled a slight face as it landed. Her reflexes weren't as sharp as they usually were with Fabian trying to burn her out.

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded and threw up a shield right in front of Laura, hoping her momentum would do the rest of the work. "Es la chica habla español?" she asked. If they were lucky she didn't and that would solve their communication problem.

<Cecilia> ((Does the girl speak spanish?))

<@Laura> Her momentum did not do her any favors, and Laura found herself laying on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. Well, now she looked like a fool. The question processed as she got to her feet, and she answered, "Si, Dr. Essex me enseñó."

<@Laura> ((Yes, Dr. Essex taught me.))

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Escupo en su tumba," she muttered rushing forward and slamming a foot into Laura's side.

<Cecilia> ((I spit on his grave))

<Fabian> Fabian slid under the field to stay out of Laura's way, glad that little ploy had worked. "Anything else you speak, Cecilia?"

<Cecilia> "Sorry, English and Spanish are the only ones I speak," she said sadly. "Oh well. It was worth a try..."

<Fabian> "És el català prou a prop per a tu?" Fabian tried, shrugging as he hacked away at Laura's control as well as he could.

<Fabian> ((Is Catalan close enough for you?))

<@Laura> "In addition to Spanish, I speak French, German, and Japanese," she informed them as she dropped down in an attempt to sweep their legs out from under them, "I am also taking Italian with Professor Salvatore."

<Cecilia> "Hey, actually understand that a bit!" Laughed Cecilia. "I get the idea anyways. You'll need to make good on your offer to teach me sometime though."

<Fabian> Fabian did hit the ground at the trip but rolled towards Laura, lashing out before regaining his footing and darting away to see if he could draw Laura after him for another direct attack.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stumbled but did not fall at the attempted trip and turned the fall into a roll to the side.

<Cecilia> She darted away as quickly as possible hoping to get out of reach and brought up another shield to defend herself.

<@Laura> Laura jumped back as Fabian came toward her, making a slight face. Her feet and forearms were beginning to ache as Fabian kept up with his powers. Without steady healing, her body was beginning to reject the substance her claws were coated in, which made things increasingly uncomfortable. The idea of having to give up soon wasn't appealing, so she worked through the pain by going for Fabian.

<Fabian> "Baix i estret!" Fabian called after Cecilia, hoping that was close enough to bajo y estrecho for her as he darted away, giving her space to form the shield in question.

<Fabian> ((Low and narrow))

<Cecilia> It was. Cecilia threw a field at Laura's shin level to trip her up.

<Cecilia> "Buen viaje!" She laughed.

<Cecilia> ((Have a nice trip!))

<@Laura> As much as she hated to give up, Laura was ready to surrender after putting her hands down to break her fall. She grudgingly grumbled, "Maybe I cannot beat both of you."

<Fabian> At that word Fabian simply let himself fall over. "Thank God because I'm exhausted."

<Cecilia> Cecilia wandered over to Fabian and flopped down nearby. "We should take a break, get Danger to put us somewhere nice and tropical." Cecilia motioned for Laura to join them. "What do you think Laura? Tahiti? Hawaii?"

<@Laura> She scooted over to them, rubbing at her wrists as she stared up at the ceiling, "Hawaii is nice."

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked at Laura, concerned. "Are your arms ok? You fell pretty hard."

<Fabian> "Danger, Honolulu if you would." Fabian didn't even budge as the program started up. "Oh yeah, want me to give you a decent boost to take care of some of the drain?"

<@Laura> "I think I will be fine momentarily, but thank you for the offer," Laura replied and experimentally popped the claws. At least she was used to that sensation. She glanced them over and held a hand up for Cecilia to see as she offered the explanation, "The metal is not natural."

<Cecilia> Cecilia lay back on the sandy beach. "I'll just lie here for ten...twenty...okay, thirty minutes tops. Then I'll go upstairs and have something to eat..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia's eyes widened at the popped claws. "Jesus! What the-? How the hell are those things in your arms?! Is that part of your mutation?" She exclaimed.

<@Laura> "They are. Bone underneath the metal," she nodded as she retracted them, watching the space between her knuckles knit together. It went more slowly than usual, but it still healed over.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stared. "That's fascinating...The healing..." She coloured. "Sorry, I find such obvious mutations fascinating. I'm a bit of a science geek."

<Fabian> "Geek reminds me, Mayday is having a little gathering of such people. I can count on you to be there and keep me from thinking too hard about why I'm there?" Fabian leaned up enough to look over to Cecilia.

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked at Fabian. "What sort of gathering? And why am I keeping you from thinking too hard?"

<@Laura> "It is fine. Most science...geeks..." Laura paused for a moment. She wasn't sure she'd ever used the word geek. "Most find it interesting."