10/20 Instance: One is One and All Alone

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/20 Instance: One is One and All Alone

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined a few hours before [fic]By Hook or By Crook.

Jessica: Jess smiled at the kids as they filed out of the door with their parents and gave them a wave before heading back inside, rubbing the tops of her arms and hunching her shoulders to try and warm up again. The studio was a good temperature though - it had to be. It was dangerous to dance in a room that was too cold - bad for the muscles.

Jessica: She moved to the barre to do a few warm up exercises while she waited for Clarice.

Clarice: The door swung open and Clarice strode in, her kit bag over her shoulder and a smile on her face, "Evening Jess, how're the ankle-biters coming along?" She asked cheerily.

Jessica: "Oh they're doing great," She smiled at Clarice's reflection in the mirror. "How're you?"

Clarice: "I'm good, did some distance running today, always helps clear my head, blow anyway all the cobwebs and that, how about you?"

Jessica: "I... am feeling better than I did yesterday... So far so good." She paused her movements to turn towards the other girl, leaning on the barre. "Still not much of an appetite though... not sure what's up with that."

Clarice: "Good, I'm feeling much better too, had an awesome movie night with my folks and then a good night's sleep, it's made everything clearer," she frowned worridly at her new friend, "Still? Maybe you should go and see Dr. Trask then?"

Jessica: Jess raised an eyebrow at her, "I thought we agreed going to see the doctor was a bad idea?"

Clarice: "Well I dunno, there's crazy conspiracy theories, which are fun, but if we're talking about like ... your actual health? I mean, the last thing you want is to like ... pass out in front of the kids from lack of nutrition after all, right?"

Jessica: "Fun?" Since when had they been just for fun? "Oh God... they got to you too..." she muttered the last part almost to herself, "Alright fine, I'll go see the doctor if I get another migraine. Apart from those I feel totally fine."

Clarice: "Oh come on Jess, no one got to me, I spent the whole night at my folks. I just slept on it and when I woke up it was like ... actually it's all really dumb. I mean, as if we could be mutants or anything, there's no fucking way they'd have let you emigrate if you weren't human," Clarice waved her arm dismissively.

Jessica: "None of this makes any sense. That was kind of the whole point of us meeting up to figure it out..." She frowned at her for a moment then turned to head to the locker rooms.

Clarice: "But we have figured it out, me and Ad, it's all just crazy talk," Clarice followed Jess, "I mean, seriously, this sorta thing just doesn't happen in real life, and especially not in places like this."

Jessica: "Well obviously they want us to think that way so we don't question it other wise it'd be a pretty shitty illusion." She sat down on the bench after taking out her street shoes so she could change into them.

Clarice: "No one's trying to make us think anything," Clarice rolled her eyes, geez, were all the British this paranoid? "It's just ... it's just a stupid game we wanted to believe to make life more interesting."

Jessica: "Whatever's easiest for you to believe..." she sighed in resignation. "Look, I'm... thinking of going to see Scott after this so... you don't have to stay...."

Clarice: Clarice smiled, "You seem to be seeing him a lot recently, you like him?"

Jessica: She blushed a little and nodded, "Yeah... we're, um... we're dating..." she glanced up and smiled at Clarice.

Clarice: "Really? Awww," Clarice gave a little gleeclap, "but isn't he like ... older than you? You'd better make sure he's treating you right and not pushing you further than you want," and that brought back up memories of Eddie, which wasn't fair to him really but she couldn't help it.

Jessica: "He's not that much older... only six years or so... and he's not pushing... if anything I was dragging...." she gave a small grin as she put her dance shoes back in her locker and pulled out her coat.

Clarice: "'Was' draggin' huh?" Had the famous Simmons shacked up with the local dance teacher? She had to tell Paul!

Jessica: She nodded, "Yes, was." She pulled her coat on, fixing the collar on it. "Dragged with less resistance though." She reached for her gloves and scarf next then took out her bag before shutting the locker.

Clarice: Clarice giggled, "Guess an older guy like that knows how to treat a lady, huh?"

Jessica: "Well I'm not complaining," She showed Clarice the way out, turning off lights as she walked, "He's really nice..."

Clarice: "Hmmm," Clarice smirked, "well, if nice is what you want, and you're happy, then everything is awesome!" She followed Jess out, "Just make sure you don't worry too much about those silly conspiracy theories, you'll get wrinkles!"

Jessica: She laughed, "Ooooh at my age? That would be awful!" She turned off the last of the lights and locked up. "I'll try to stop thinking about it." She pulled her gloves on after fishing her car keys out of her bag, "Do you need a lift?"

Clarice: "Thanks, but no, I like walking and it's not too far to my house from here," she waved the girl off, "Have fun on your daaaaaaaaate!" She sang after her.

Jessica: "I'm sure I will!" she called back, giving Clarice a wave before getting into her car and shutting and locking the door. Shit.