10/18 Instance: Phone Bomb

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/18 Instance: Phone Bomb

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Did We Forget Something?

<@Fabian> Despite still being sick as could be and breathing being an issue right now, Fabian couldn't fight the call of the nicotine, sitting on one of the benches near the woods as he, almost out of habit, dialed his father's number as he didn't see anyone around. Of course, he wasn't expecting the third ring to actually be interrupted. "Pare, per fi." ((Father, finally))

<MrCortez> "Boy," Mr. Cortez, replied in their native Catalan,"there is a reason for your attempted tying up of my phone line?"

<@Fabian> Well, this was all ready going to be a fun conversation. He had only been trying to get him to answer since their blow up over the summer. "I was trying to ask about the trial. You know the sentence wasn't exactly announced with the coverage..."

<MrCortez> "If you were so concerned as to what happened with your sister you would have been there for her," Fabian's father snapped, "As is, I could ask you the very same question, surely those US agents who live with you at that boarding house would know?"

<@Fabian> The sigh was most definitely audible, crackling a bit. "I wasn't aware you were in such a hurry for both of your children to be mysteriously imprisoned."

<MrCortez> Not for the first time, Cortez found himself wondering if some sort of exchange could be done, "So she is imprisioned then? Then perhaps you could enlighten me as to where?"

<@Fabian> Fabian tried to work through the logic of why he would be trying to call if he knew anything but he failed to find that answer. He must have gotten his brains from his mother. "It's all classified information, I've not been able to find out anything from here except they're all under the care of some Colonel Stryker."

<MrCortez> "Colonel Stryker?" The man's voice dripped with distaste, "Then you know more then I, is that the man's real name or is it one of those rediculous pseudonym you people are so keen on?"

<@Fabian> "You people?" Fabian couldn't help but ask that in his most annoyed tone. Considering the family support his sister and he had getting into things with someone who answered to Apocalypse that was just ridiculous. "He's in the American government and the military, I imagine that's his name."

<MrCortez> "These 'X-Men' you have allied yourself with," the man said smoothly, "very well, I shall have to see what we can uncover about this man, his location, and the location of my daughter."

<@Fabian> "And if you had taken the help offered you wouldn't have to be working on any locations. What do you think you're actually going to do if you find her? She's a convicted terrorist father."

<Jamie> Jamie finished tying up the tin cans as silently as he could. It wasn't his fault if Fabian decided to perch himself where he could easily listen... He couldn't get upset with him about that, could he? He slipped one end of the tin can phone over the edge of the fort and quietly let it go down about an inch at a time until he could hear what was going on. He frowned. Latino! Drat!

<MrCortez> "Appeal, naturally. This level of secrecy is highly illegal, and my daughter still has rights, convicted or no."

<@Fabian> "And this whole thing should have been in an international court but they made sure not to let that happen." Mutants weren't necessarily covered in a lot of rights and Fabian had a feeling this would be one of those occasions.

<Jamie> Jamie frowned and stretched out to try and reach his English-Random Other Languages Dictionary. He crawled his fingers towards it, but it was just out of reach. He hurumphed silently and decided that he had to do it himself. Ok. So. Basically, they're talking about cheese. And the marines. Hmm.

<MrCortez> "I am aware of that boy," Fabian's father snapped, "but I will no give up on my only daughter and leave her to rot in some american military prison. I shudder to think what they might be doing to her."

<@Fabian> "Will you at least talk to the people here?" Fabian knew the reaction it got last time but he was desperate and all ready miserable feeling so he didn't have anything to lose.

<MrCortez> "Absolutly not! Why would I wish to discuss my child with those who were responcible for her capture and the corruption of my son. I will not beg for help from those mongrels."

<Jamie> Jamie gasped and then covered his mouth quickly. Paperclips! Paperclips, cheese, and marines. Bombs!

<@Fabian> "Then who is going to help you?!" Fabian couldn't do it, he was yelling now which just made him start coughing and made him all the more angry. "This isn't something we can just buy ourselves out from, father!"

<MrCortez> "This family has never needed help from anyone before, we do not need it now. If you truely were my son perhaps you would understand that!" He shot back.

<@Fabian> "Exactly who's son do you think I am?" Fabian snorted at the phone. "If you want to ruin us then, by all means."

<MrCortez> "I am starting to wonder this, it's no unheard of for twins to have different fathers, is it not?" He snapped.

<Jamie> Questions. Jamie tried to reach for his dictionary again and failed.

<@Fabian> "Well you bought and paid for me and I don't think there's really a refund for that, huh dad?" Fabian snapped back. "Because, you know, it wouldn't exactly break my heart if I wasn't your bastard."

<MrCortez> "Sadly for both of us the paternity test proved otherwise, for which you should be grateful, a lesser man would have cut you off completly by now."

<@Fabian> Fabian just shoved that aside. He wasn't going to talk about it and he wasn't going to let himself even think about it right now either. "Anyway, since you've proved to know nothing, I'll quit wasting your time."

<Jamie> Jamie frowned, he didn't sound happy. He decided to put his end of the can to his mouth and started to whisper-sing 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' to try and cheer him up.

<MrCortez> "Will wonder's never cease, for once you have a good idea," the man said, before killing the call without a further word.

<@Fabian> Fabian was just about to chuck his phone across the yard when he heard faint singing. He turned towards the noise, frowning deeper as he followed the string up. "...Seriously?"

<Jamie> Jamie yelped as he heard the voice right in the can. "Don't worry, be happy now? Oooo, ooo ooo ooooo oooo ooooooooo?"

<@Fabian> Fabain took a moment, then grabbed onto the can dangling and yanked.

<Jamie> Jamie hit the wall of the fort and fell backwards, the can flying from his hand and over the side. He frowned as he rubbed his shoulder, absorbing the dupe without thinking about it. "Ouch," he whimpered.

<@Fabian> "What in the hell do you think you are doing?" Fabian called up at him. "I've all ready told you what I thought about this, why are you at it again?"

<Jamie> Jamie pushed himself up from the floor and crawled over to look down at Fabian,"It's not my fault you chose to be where I could hear you. I wasn't spying on you. I couldn't even understand what was going on. Something about cheese. I was just making sure my can-phone was working."

<@Fabian> Fabian just shook his head. He wasn't going to be dealing with this right now. "Fine." He turned, walking away.

<Jamie> "Wait!" Jamie scrambled down the tree like a mentally ill squirrel and chased after Fabian. "Um..." He paused awkwardly, "Are... Are you okay?"

<@Fabian> "Of course I am." Fabian retorted sharply, rolling his eyes. "What's to get upset over about cheese?"

<Jamie> "I'm not sure? But... You didn't sound happy. And I couldn't understand what the other person was saying, but it was a loud volume..." He shrugged, "Wanna tell me about why you're upset over cheese?"

<@Fabian> "At the moment I'm 'upset' bt the fact that you still think it's okay to test out your little kiddie toys on me."

<Jamie> "You were the one who came near my tree remember? Not the other way around! You told me not to follow you! So I haven't."

<@Fabian> "And yet you still decide to skulk around and eavesdrop instead of what any normal person would have done and just come down and not listen." Fabian growled back, not at all happy.

<Jamie> "I didn't skulk. I tried to make you happy by singing to you... That's not skulking."

<@Fabian> "It wasn't anything about cheese, I was talking with my father." Fabian admitted relunctantly. "That enough?"

<Jamie> "Why was he yelling at you?" He frowned, "Do you want to talk about it?" Jamie put his hand on Fabian's shoulder, "I'm here for you."

<@Fabian> Fabian's eyebrow practically went off of his forehead as Jamie touched him. "....no."

<Jamie> "Are you sure? Because I'm a good listener." He removed his hand and followed him over the lawn, "I really might be able to help..."

<@Fabian> "...you've succeeded in making my life just a little worse so no, I'd rather not."

<Jamie> "Oh..." That was not the answer he had hoped for. He really didn't know what he had hoped for, but that was way off. "Well... Ok then. I'll just, um... Go... That way," he pointed back to the treehouse.

<@Fabian> Oh god, how could someone be so annoying yet get sympathy. "You still have some of the booze in that mini-fridge?"

<Jamie> "I guess so? I haven't really opened it since you left..."

<@Fabian> Fabian decided that would have to do, following Jamie on towards the treehouse.

<Jamie> Jamie stopped half-way back in surprise, "You're... You want to hang out with me?"

<@Fabian> "It's the cold medication," was Fabian's explanation as he got to the ladder, climbing up. "Plus maybe if I do you'll quit trailing me or listening in on things even if you don't speak Catalan."

<Jamie> "Catalan? What is that?" Jamie frowned as he climbed up after Fabian, "You know, you shouldn't be drinking alcohol if you've got cold medicine in your system."

<@Fabian> "Catalan, that's what we were speaking; you know, Catalunya?" Over 10 million speakers and still nobody knew what it was half the time. "I'll live, vodka'll kill it."

<Jamie> "Catalunya? Never heard of him." He pulled open the mini-fridge and handed him the vodka. "I have to warn you, I don't know CPR if you pass out."

<@Fabian> "...no wonder you thought I was talking about cheese." Fabian snorted, making himself comfortable.

<Jamie> He tilted his head, even more confused now, "What? Why?"

<@Fabian> "Nevermind," He waved the questions away. "Don't worry about it." He just leaned against the wall, willing himself to not think about it and relax.

<Jamie> "Oh... Okay then. So..." Jamie adjusted his telescope and turned it to focus on a set of pores in Fabian's face, "What do I worry about?"

<@Fabian> Shrugging, Fabian let his foot swing out of the house. "I don't know, don't have anything for you to worry about."

<Jamie> "No cheese, then? No paperclip bombs for the marines?"

<@Fabian> "It was a family talk, definitely not for you to worry about. No terrorism for you to ninja about with."

<Jamie> "You know how to be a ninja?!" Jamie was highly impressed.

<@Fabian> "...no. I'm speaking English right now, how are you messing your own language up?

<Jamie_> "Oh..." Well now he felt silly. Jamie sighed and went to sit down in the corner of the fort, just looking at Fabian. "So... You don't want to talk about it?"

<@Fabian> "As I said, just a family talk. He doesn't know anything either about what happened with the sentencing." As far as Fabian was concerned there wasn't much else to say there.

<Jamie_> "Sentencing?" Oh, right, "Your sister? So, what does the media say happened?"

<@Fabian> "You know, if you're going to be some kind of ninja spy you really need to keep up on this sort of thing."

<Jamie_> "I don't like to watch the news. But I guess I should..."

<@Fabian> "It won't hurt." Fabian joked, letting his head fall back against the wall, going back to attempting to relax.

<Jamie_> "I guess not..." Jamie screwed up his face, "But it just makes me really sad to watch it... They never show anything happy."
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 10/18 Instance: Phone Bomb

Post by Svartfreja »

<Jamie> "You know how to be a ninja?!" Jamie was highly impressed.

<@Fabian> "...no. I'm speaking English right now, how are you messing your own language up?
I love these two so much.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:LOL Okay, that was good, guys.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

<Jamie> Jamie yelped as he heard the voice right in the can. "Don't worry, be happy now? Oooo, ooo ooo ooooo oooo ooooooooo?"

<@Fabian> Fabain took a moment, then grabbed onto the can dangling and yanked.

<Jamie> Jamie hit the wall of the fort and fell backwards, the can flying from his hand and over the side. He frowned as he rubbed his shoulder, absorbing the dupe without thinking about it. "Ouch," he whimpered.
:*D Oh, great stuff! So glad you guys got to finish this!
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"