10/18 Instance: Piecing It Together

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/18 Instance: Piecing It Together

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Lorna> The center of the room had been taken over by a great metal frame from which draped far too much black satin for a sane person to be working with but Lorna's inky tentacle monster was coming together. The only trick was to keep it able to be separated so she could move it from place ot place as it was getting more than a bit heavy.

<@Lorna> Half of her cast for the musical this year might be missing but that didn't mean she couldn't still make props and rope new people in it. It was a thing of pride, after all.

<Cecilia> Cecilia knocked on Mrs. Drake's office door. "Hello, you wanted to see me, Mrs. Drake?" Cecilia peered at the giant black...thing in the centre of the room. "Uh...what exactly is that?" Was this some sort of weird knitting trend she hadn't heard of yet?

<@Lorna> "Come on in, Cecilia!" Lorna called from behind the structure, easing another satin tentacle in it's place and checking that it could still be wriggled from below. "I'm just working some on the props, don't mind my inky tentacle monster."

<Cecilia> Cecilia stepped into the room. "There was a giant tentacle monster around here at some point?" She said skeptically. "Do I want to know? 'Cause I have enough trouble sleeping as it is," she smiled.

<@Lorna> "Did you forget the inky zombies in New York?" She asked, chuckling. "That just makes me want to pop in the news footage of it again, been rewatching it so I can build the blob best as I can."

<Cecilia> Cecilia slapped her forehead. "Oh. Right. No, I haven't...I just...didn't really connect that to that ," she said, pointing at the giant blob.

<Cecilia> "Sorry, sometimes I can be a bit dim..."

<@Lorna> "Hmm, or maybe I'm just missing something. What do you think Seymore here needs?" She came around her creation, looking up at it thoughtfully. "Maybe a spraying of some sort of ooze when he's all done?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed the blob thoughtfully. "That might work...Honestly, I'm not really the person to ask. I'm a science person, don't have an artistic bone in my body."

<@Lorna> "Is that why I don't have you in any of my classes now?" Lorna teased her, cracking a grin. "Well, science person, what would you recommend using to get a gooey sheen on fabric?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia grinned sheepishly. "Yeah, that would be why...I'm first aid, mutant physio, biochem, math and gym. And I only took the gym cause I knew I wouldn't want to work out on my free time. Not that I'm bad at gym," she added. "Though I suppose I might eventually take an art credit. Most universities require one."

<Cecilia> She eyed the blob. "I'd say mixing some glue with black paint would be easiest."

<@Lorna> "Despite what they say? I'm not scary." Lorna assured her, thinking about it and nodding, some high gloss thrown about the thing should help. "I mean, sure, we've done chainsaw ice carving before but my husband can make all the giant chunks of ice I want, I'd be stupid to turn that down."

<@Lorna> "So how are you settling in, anyway?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Now that I'd like to see."

<Cecilia> Cecilia thought for a moment. "I'm...settling. Everything's good for the most part, anyway. Been making a few friends...Getting by in DR. Powers are progressing slowly but surely. No major problems, really."

<Cecilia> There that sounded pretty good, Cecilia thought.

<@Lorna> "Good to hear!" She gave the girl a bright smile, sitting on her desk and motioning for her to have a seat as well. "You're rooming with Penny, right? You two getting along okay? Me and my freshman year roommate were great friends, always best to like who you live with."

<Cecilia> "Penny's a little older than me and we haven't had much time to bond but she's been pretty nice to me and I don't have to share the bathroom with another pair of girls yet so I can't complain," she smiled.

<@Lorna> "I'll warn you, that's subject to change at any moment but it's not too bad. I was always the person to watch for around sinks and stuff, had a bit of a temper when I was a student."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "We have something in common, then. I've been told I'm a bit...high-strung?" There that was diplomatic. "I'm more than okay if things change, don't worry. If a mutant in trouble needs a room, I'm certainly not going to be mourning the loss of the bathroom."

<@Lorna> "Everyone has their moments." Lorna assured her, grinning. "We might not be proud of them afterwards but we can always own up."

<@Lorna> "So, you said you've started on a circle of friends pretty much?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed nervously. "I dunno if I have a circle . I was never the most popular kid in school, but I think I've made one or two friends and I'm fairly friendly with a few others. Nobody really hates me, so that's good."

<Cecilia> "Well, if they do I don't know about it so..." she shrugged.

<@Lorna> "To tell the truth? Neither was I when I was in school. College is a whole new game though, nothing really holding you back, you end up around all sorts of people. I know you didn't get to meet her but Professor Guthrie? One of my best friends from my freshman year, completely unexpected."

<Cecilia> "Really?" Said Cecilia, she couldn't picture that. "...Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. So far the two people I'm closest to are Miles Morales and Fabian Cortez and both of them I had a fight with when I met them. And now Miles and I discovered we are actually cousins and things have been a bit weird between us since then, so..." Cecilia blushed. God, why couldn't she keep her mouth shut!

<Cecilia> "So I dunno what's going on there..."

<@Lorna> Miles and Fabian? Now there was two opposite ends of the spectrum. "Can't fault you on variety, that's for certain. "I'm sure he'll sort his mind out, people get to it eventually." She smiled encouragingly.

<Cecilia> "I hope so... I don't have a lot of family and it'd be a real shame if we didn't talk, we have a lot in common." Ceciilia shrugged. "I don't have the luxury of turning away potential friends, it's not like they're lining up or anything."

<Cecilia> Shit, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Fabian to her, thought Cecilia. Her husband did have a poor history with him..."Er, sorry. I shouldn't have mentioned that."

<@Lorna> "Shouldn't have mentioned what?" Lorna looked honestly confused. "I know some small thing about difficult family relationships, you'll just have to give him a bit of time then remind him you're friends with him so he best get over it, yeah?"

<Cecilia> "That I'm close to Fabian..." said Cecilia. "I know Bobby had a...difficult relationship with him. We actually spoke about it a little while ago...He tried to warn me about Fabian's past."

<@Lorna> "Cecilia? Neither of them were saints during that time. They both had their reasons for being twats at the time, Bobby for emotional reasons and Fabian for...well...being one." The green haired woman gave a shrug. "It's not going to bother you one bit who you're friends with unless you wheel out someone who is currently one of our enemies."

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "Thank you...So far people haven't really turned on me for

<Cecilia> picking the wrong friend," she said. "And I just want to say, I'm not naive. I'm not unaware of his faults. Hell, sometimes I wonder if I'm completely insane to try to be friends with him. I know he did some really shitty things. I don't know specifics, but I can guess. But I don't think he'd be here if you guys thought he was a real monster or completely unremorseful. I...trust your judgements."

<@Lorna> "We tend to not think those things about someone...if we did this school would have been a lot more empty after last semester." Honestly, that wasn't really something Lorna liked to consider, either; especially given her own role in last semester's decision-making.

<@Lorna> "Sometimes the people close to you do shitty, shitty things you can't agree with. It's just up to you whether or not it's a deal breaker and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks."

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded. "I think you're right there. Only you can decide what's right..." Cecilia felt a little upset thinking about this. "Do you want some help with the...blob?" She asked. "I can sew pretty well."

<@Lorna> Lorna's smile seemed to take on a slightly sinister quality. Perfect, a minion. "I would love some help. Should we measure you for a costume as well? Though I guess x-men suits'll be a lot of the costuming for this production but since everything we're...considerably short."

<Cecilia> Cecilia blinked, wondering when exactly she had signed up for the musical, because she was pretty sure she hadn't. "I'm a terrible actress. Really, I can't even feign emotion in my day-to-day life. Ask anyone," said Cecilia, grinning nervously.

<@Lorna> "And that's why you sign up for extras such as this, to learn!" Lorna tried to make it sound appealing to reel her in.

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed the costume. "Do I have to sing?" She asked. Thinking of karaoke on Hallowe'en. God...she was so embarrassing.

<@Lorna> "...we'll see." Lorna was just happy she had hooked another body though, considering, there were going to be a lot less people in the audience. She was just going to have to invite families again and hope it didn't turn into a fight like last time.

<Cecilia> Cecilia thought about it. Well, she did put down auditioning for a Broadway musical on her bucket list the other day. Maybe this could be practice..."Alright," she said. "I'll join in the fun."

<@Lorna> "Excellent! So grab some satin and you can tell me everything else!" Lorna laughed, grabbing a bolt of fabric and getting back to work.

<Cecilia> Cecilia picked up a bolt of cloth. "Sure," she smiled. "What're you wanting to know specifically?"

<@Lorna> "You just keep talking." Lorna laughed, "I can listen and stitch, promise." She settled behind her sewing machine, ready to listen to how Cecilia's settling in.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 10/18 Instance: Piecing It Together

Post by Slarti »

Lorna has ways of making you sing. :shifty Watch out!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 10/18 Instance: Piecing It Together

Post by Ferguson »

You'll all sing like the stool pigeons you are!