10/15 Instance: Die Another Day

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/15 Instance: Die Another Day

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline after London's Burning

<Fabian> Each time he was woken up Fabian was almost certain he wouldn't fall back asleep but so far each time Darren and then Dr. McCoy had given him a gentle nudge he had went back asleep just as soon as they had finished checking on him. Right now he was as deeply asleep as anyone could get in the time alotted, enjoying the peace of it immensly.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia padded softly towards Fabian's bed. Her heart seizing up even worse with every step. He looked terrible . His head was covered in banadages and underneath were stiches. McCoy said he had a concussion, severe bruising, a hairline skull fracture and was lucky to be alive.

<@Cecilia> A harder blow would've eggshelled his head, scrambled his brains and killed him. Cecilia felt her throat go tight. Why, oh why didn't they take me with them?

<@Cecilia> Cecilia placed her hand on Fabian's hand and shook it gently. "Fabian, wake up."

<Fabian> "Mrrph," was his eloquent supply, not wanting to wake up, shifting just enough to remind himself that it was a bad idea. He opened his eyes, yawning and blinking. "Oh, Cecilia, you're a change from a furry blue face."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia eyes watered at that. "Y-Yeah, I suppose so..." she said, her voice cracking. She sat down heavily in a chair next to the bed. "Oh Christ..." She said, beginning to sob quietly, her shoulders shaking violently.

<Fabian> "Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm okay. Dr. McCoy said it wouldn't take any time at all for me to heal up, plus I'm sure someone can give me some healing mojo around here." Fabian frowned, worried now.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia just sobbed harder. "No, it's not okay, Fabian! Your head was cracked like a fucking windshield!" She cried. "If that shove had been any harder you'd be dead! DEAD!"

<@Cecilia> She stared down at the sheets. "That fucking bitch nearly killed you!" She sniffed. "And you nearly died...and I wasn't there to save you! I wasn't there!"

<@Cecilia> "They said you were covered in blood by the time they got you on the plane! You could've died alone on the street with nobody there beside you and I..."

<Fabian> Now he felt guilty for trying to help stop a situation he had some small hand in creating. How did that happen? And what did he do now with Cecilia crying over what might've happened.

<Fabian> He sat up a little, offering her a smile. "I promise, they exaggerated on the blood. Ankka's a soft touch and Mayday's a bit excitable at times and Dr. McCoy said the fracture is tiny, I promise."

<Fabian> "The only time to worry about what-ifs is before you're doing something, not after, yeah?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sniffed. "I g-guess..." She said shakily. She pictured Fabian alone on the street, bleeding out...Oh no, nononono...She looked up at her friend. "You don't have my permission to die. Do you understand me? You can't die. Not when I'm not there. Not-" Oh, shit. Here she went again...

<Fabian> "I am excellent at not dying. Hell, Apocalypse basically wanted me to die and I sure didn't. That has to be something in my favour." He smiled better, putting his hand over his heart. "I promise not to die."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia took his hand and hugged it to her, since she couldn't just jump up and tackle him with a hug now. "Good. Cause I don't know what I'd do without my best friend. We have so much to do. So many things we haven't checked off the list...It's not time to die. Not yet."

<Fabian> "And if I do die young it will be doing something much more awesome than fighting in the streets, no worries. And by young I mean middle aged because I am certainly not dying at 18." Fabian couldn't help but laugh quietly. "Is there paper and a pen handy?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked around. There was. "Here," she said, picking up a pen and paper from the side table. "Why, what's this about?" She said, smiling a little.

<Fabian> "I thought we can make a list of some of the things neither of us are allowed to die before we do."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled brightly. "That's a great idea." She put the pen to paper. "Okay...#1: Go to Barcelona."

<Fabian> "We can go to my home and piss off my dad together, it'll be great!" Fabian loved that idea. "We're going to have to have a whole section for travel though, just so you know."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. Making a section for travel, putting Barcelona at the top. "Got it. #2: Play Drunken Golf."

<@Cecilia> "Feel free to jump in at any time," she said.

<Fabian> "...go to an open audition for a Broadway musical."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "#4: Actually go to a play. I've never seen one that wasn't a school play. And NO. I am not going to Equus!" She added. "#5: Stay up all night."

<Fabian> "It really is a good play though!" Fabian felt he needed to defend this. "We need a roadtrip on here somewhere. They're for bonding."

<@Cecilia> "Yes! Let's go to the Grand Canyon, I always wanted to go. We'll be like Thelma and Louise! Except you're not a woman. And we're not from Arkansas."

<@Cecilia> "#7: Lose my virginity!" Cecilia laughed. "I'm not dying a virgin!"

<Fabian> "And we're not going off of any cliffs." He waggled a finger. "Don't worry, you wouldn't." Fabian chuckled. "What are your feelings for sky diving?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shuddered. "I'll pass. I hate heights. I'd probably just faint and you'd have to pull the cord for me."

<@Cecilia> "Let's swim somewhere, I can swim, I learned at the YMCA when I was a kid. Somewhere really cool...I know! The Dead Sea."

<Fabian> "We've got to make a stop at the Sea of Galalee in that case because that's always seemed like fun as well."

<@Cecilia> "I don't know what that is, but I'm gonna put it down!" Cecilia laughed. "#10: Become a surgeon and...whatever it is you want to be. What do you want to be?"

<Fabian> "...to be determined, but something! Oooh, submarine, I want to go in a submarine. I was so pissed I never got to when I was working with them while I was being evil."

<@Cecilia> "#11: Submarine," said Cecilia. "Hmmm...Oh! Have you over for Christmas! You have to see my tios firey fruitcake! It's going to even better than the year before!"

<Fabian> "Firey fruitcake? Now that sounds worrying." He nodded though because why not? It sounded interesting to him. "We're definitely doing Mardi Gras and Carnivale together, yes?"

<@Cecilia> "Yes!" laughed Cecilia. She smirked at him. "You just want me take my shirt off don't you!" she teased. "Well, you're gonna be disappointed. I don't have a lot on top!"

<Fabian> "Hey, you won't see me complaining now." Fabian shrugged. He knew he wouldn't be. "We need to try to get on a gameshow."

<@Cecilia> "The Price Is Right! Or Jeopardy? We could totally do Jeopardy, you're really smart."

<Fabian> "As are you, and I would be terrible at The Price Is Right...we should try both!"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed again. She'd been doing that a lot lately. More than she ever did since her father died. "Absolutely!" She wrote that down. "What number are we on? I lost track, but I'm putting this down: Bitch Rachel out. Or kick her ass. Or both. I can't describe how pissed I am at her."

<@Cecilia> "I don't care who died. She doesn't have the right to fuck with my friends and kill people. Like her loss is the only thing that matters."

<Fabian> "It's not her doing, not really. It's Nur's. She thinks she is doing exactly what she wants but he's holding the puppet strings. He might regret that in the end though because I think she's not really tapped how much power she has even."

<@Cecilia> "Hmph. I hope you're right. If not her ass is mine."

<@Cecilia> She thought for a moment. "I want to get married and have kids. At least one. You don't have to though. You can be my best man and the cool tio. Okay?"

<Fabian> "I can do that." He chuckled and nodded, deciding he wasn't sure if he wanted to put anything similiar on the list. "I want to do the sky jump off of the Macau Tower. I know the one in Vegas is bigger but Macau is cooler than Vegas...we should go to both, though."

<Fabian> "And a lantern festival. I kept missing the good ones when we were travelling."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shivered. "I'll watch. And we should do that one later so if we die we got most of the other things down."

<@Cecilia> "I like lanterns, we should go to Indonesia and see one!" She said. "I really like that idea."

<Fabian> "Is it bad I've always sort of wanted to take a piss off of the Great Wall? I'd say the DMZ but I'm pretty sure I'd be shot."

<@Cecilia> "Yeah, probably best we don't do that. Even though I am bulletproof. And yes! That's a terrible thing to say! They spent a long time creating that wall you should show it some respect!"

<@Cecilia> "We should spit off something though, something tall...I know! The CN tower. We can go up to the top and let 'er rip."

<Fabian> "Okay, I'll be good and not mark Mongolia as my own territory. Mongolia is awesome though, we should go." He nodded at her choice, chuckling again.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia nodded. "We will. We'll go everywhere, see the world. And bring back fridge magnets so everyone knows where we've been! And we can brag about it at parties. 'Why yes, I did get that magnet in Turkey. Why do you ask?'"

<Fabian> "Can we take a stuffed Pikachu up to Machu Pichu?" Fabian asked thoughtfully, yawning as he did.

<@Cecilia> "Of course!" said Cecilia. "We can do all those things and more!"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked down. "There's another thing I'd like to do...And I can do it now. So, I'm going to. Before I lose my nerve..."

<@Cecilia> "I want to tell you...that I love you, Fabian. You're my closest friend and I'll never forget the times we've had together....We live such dangerous lives...the world fucking hates us..."

<@Cecilia> "I wanted you to know that I care and I like you for who you are. No matter how many people hate you. I want you to know that...when you die. I want you to know that no matter how fucking stupid your family is or how stupid everyone else is...I cared."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia wiped her eyes. "There I said it. No taking it back now..."

<Fabian> Fabian was stunned and he was pretty sure it wasn't just because of the head injury. He was a deer caught in the headlights, processing the words; trying and failing to slot them into anything he was more familiar with. Of course, he had a few unspoken promises like this but they had always remained just that, unspoken.

<Fabian> "I wouldn't want you to take it back and I hope I don't make you want to take it back eventually." He offered her a smile once he recovered from his moment of shock. Mostly recovered, anyway, as he was still definitely showing the effects in his expression.

<Fabian> "We'll care for each other and we'll do our damnedest to make sure we don't die a minute before our time. Love you too, even if you scare me just a little bit." Where had his words gone? He was a better wordsmith than this. Words where his friend and his artform and they had obviously went on a tropical vacation and left him here.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled through the tears. "I scare myself sometimes, if it's any consolation. And thank you, Fabian. Thank you so much."

<@Cecilia> She sniffed and looked at her watch. "I got my timer set for every hour. I was wondering if you minded me staying down here. I'll just crash in the chair...Unless you prefer McCoy."

<Fabian> "McCoy smells like twinkies...he's nice enough but you're more than welcome to the job." Fabian settled back down properly, feeling even more tired now as his mind still tried to muddle through what exactly just happened there. This was a moment he needed Lukas to translate but Fabian was just going to have to suss it out on his own.

<Fabian> "I'll let you know if I dream of any other things to add. Shopping cart jousting should be on the list."

<@Cecilia> "Mmmm," Cecilia agreed from the chair. Shifting slightly in place, just knowing she'd have a sore back in the morning but not regretting it at all. "Dream well, Fabian..."

<Fabian> "You, too." Fabian smiled slightly, just knowing he wouldn't be able to get back to sleep after that but falling asleep before he even knew it.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia drifted into sleep, dreaming of the iron smell of blood and the sound of crack of a rifle. A sound that she had never noticed before but suddenly realized with perfect clarity sounded just like the cracking of a skull on the pavement.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 10/15 Instance: Die Another Day

Post by puppygirl »

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Inner Clarice is clapping for Fabian. Super sweet instance guys.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"