10/12 Instance: Little Talks

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/12 Instance: Little Talks

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Haunted Houses

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked out at the bay near Peekstill and grinned. "Great view. And great sandwiches...Did you make these or did you just buy them?"

<Fabian> "Sandwiches, one of the few things I can make that tastes decent." One day Fabian would learn how to cook for himself properly but, until then, sandwiches and the like were his friends. "It is nice up here, I'll have to find more places up this way."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Then I'll have to teach you how to cook! If half your meals are as good as your sandwiches I'll be fat indeed."

<@Cecilia> She leaned back, closing her eyes. "I'm happy. I'm glad we blew off class for this."

<Fabian> "That's quite an undertaking, I'll warn you. You haven't seen me tipsy trying to fry an egg yet, I've been told it's a sight to see." He warned her. That was the kind of thing a person should be warned about, especially any attempts to deep fat fry an egg.

<Fabian> "I'm bad about showing up for classes a lot....I'm being a bad influence on you."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled. "Well, I've only skipped this time. It was worth it. I got to know the real Fabian Cortez, we explored a creepy witch house and I now know more about your sexual history than most."

<@Cecilia> She grinned. "It's been a good day."

<Fabian> "I believe this is my third time skipping this month." He admitted, shrugging. It wasn't all the same classes each time so it should be fine, plus it wasn't like he was going to let himself fall behind. "I'm glad you enjoyed your journey through me, though if you want you should join me on the abandoned house in Yonkers trip I intend to do soon."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled. "I'm up for it. So long as we can shield up." She shook her head, chuckling. "Fabian Cortez: Tomb Raider. I like the sound of that."

<Fabian> "Hmm, you know? I sort of like that. Maybe I should consider a career in archaeology and then go rogue." Fabian imagined that, laughing and sitting up from where he had been lounging. "So, is it my turn to learn about you then?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shivered. "I guess so! I certainly asked you a lot of personal questions. Feel free to do the same!"

<Fabian> "All right then, tell me about your family." He wasn't sure if that shiver was from the cold or the anticipation of questions.

<@Cecilia> "My family..." Cecilia thought for a minute. "I'm Puerto Rican I have a lot of family!"

<@Cecilia> "Most of my family I don't know...They disowned my father for marrying my mother...the whole black didn't go over too well..."

<@Cecilia> "My mother is devoted, fierce but sort of sad, I guess. When I told her I was a mutant she hugged me and told me she'd never abandon her own child, that my brother and I were everything to her..."

<@Cecilia> "My older brother, Miguel is in the Army. He went so he could get an education. He's a complete golden boy, good at sports, school, has tons of girls following him around...but he's also really nice. He always has time for me. The jerk."

<@Cecilia> "My tia is a police officer and she's really tough but she's also very generous. My tio is my father's brother and he's...I guess you could say big. Big personality, big heart, big laugh...He's light-hearted and jovial."

<@Cecilia> "So yeah, that's mi familia."

<Fabian> While Fabian did pull a face at the whole disownment bit he smiled through the rest of the family description, still happily finishing off one of the sandwiches. "They sound like good people, no father?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia looked suddenly sad. "No...He...He died when I was eleven...

<@Cecilia> "...he was murdered...I was there when he died..."

<Fabian> "I'm sorry," He frowned, regretting prying there but now he knew anyway. There wasn't much to be said there that was actually comforting so Fabian didn't force anything out, letting the answer hang there.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled sadly. "Thank you."

<Fabian> "What's your home like?"

<@Cecilia> "I grew up in a shitty apartment...One bedroom, no table, no TV, one armchair, bare walls...my brother and I used to sleep on futons we kept in the linen closet," she said.

<@Cecilia> "I can remember my home in Puerto Rico before though. It was basically a concrete block. No indoor plumbing. Tarantulas would sometimes get in..." She shuddered. "I thought that apartment was paradise!"

<Fabian> "So what did you do when you weren't around the apartment growing up?" He leaned towards the trunk, pulling out water bottles and more blankets. October wasn't really the best picnic weather in New York, after all.

<@Cecilia> "Hmmm..." Cecilia thought. "I worked at a Greek grocer all through high school with my brother. I played football with other kids. Climbed trees, what little trees there are in the Bronx. Fended off Dominican, Puerto Rican and every kind of Latin guy you can think of!" She laughed.

<@Cecilia> "Read, wandered the neighbourhood, the safe parts, at least. Spent every holiday at my tia and tios. Gonna be there again at Christmas. You'd love it! Every year my tio soaks the fruitcake in more alcohol than before and sets it on fire."

<Fabian> "...I like how he thinks." Fabian did not appreciatively, grinning at the thought of it as he set down the water and blankets for them. "Fended off though, hmm? So does that all ready answer the virgin question?"

<@Cecilia> "Oh God..." She said. Her face going as red as her hair. "Yes it does! I'm a virgin. But what do you expect? No-one wants me for me. I'm not that kind of girl....I want...someone to love me..."

<@Cecilia> "God I'm so sappy..."

<Fabian> "It's all up to you." Fabian shrugged, making himself comfortable again. "I mean, I might not understand the outlook but I'll leave you to it. "Anyone come close to earning that?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "No, I was always too busy for a guy and there wasn't anyone in particular I wanted. Maybe someday though...I keep hoping..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "Well, when it does happen to you, tell me how it compares and we'll see who is right!"

<@Fabian> "Well, I'm fairly sure that I don't have to worry about winning that bet. So what other fun vices have you managed to avoid so far?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged. "I don't smoke or drink if that's what you mean. Smoking's just a good way to get cancer and drinking...well I've not done much and I don't want to do it around people I don't trust, I don't wanna be left alone for some creep at the bar or to pass out under some table."

<@Fabian> "Despite what Miles says about being left behind we're pretty good about that here." Fabian promised, smirking at that memory. "What do you think about being a mutant?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "Ah, Miles. He hit on me rudely and then took me to dinner after I yelled at him. He's a nice kid just...really annoying." Cecilia thought about it for a minute. "I like it."

<Cecilia> "I mean, I don't like the problems it causes for me and my family and friends but overall I like my powers. I like being sorta special...I haven't exactly got anything else that makes me special! If it weren't for my powers, I would be back home working in a fast-food restaurant for the rest of my life."

<Cecilia> "I'm thankful I am the way I am. I like who I am and I'm not going to change myself just to make other people comfortable. What about you?"

<@Fabian> "Poor Miles, he's not exactly got subtle down when it comes to flirting but he means well. He's improved if that makes you feel any at all better." Poor guy, though Fabian wondered what was going to happen with him and Jess if she ever came back considering that. Those could be dangerous waters there.

<@Fabian> "Well, you can guess by how full of myself I am I absolutely love being a mutant." He admitted, laughing. It wasn't too big of a thing to assume considering his background either.

<Cecilia> Cecilia shuffled over next to him and smacked him playfully on the arm. "I've noticed! How full of yourself you are! And what makes you think you have the right to be!? Why're you so special!" She laughed.

<@Fabian> "You've met me, I'm a delight!" Fabian drew himself up, laughing as he defended himself. "It's a big job, someone has to like me and I am more qualifed than most."

<Cecilia> Cecilia quirked an eyebrow. "I like you! The nice you that is! You should be like this more often!" Cecilia thought a moment. "Well, maybe not to everyone, I could stand to be one of the select few."

<Cecilia> "A pain in the ass you mean!" She exclaimed. "But...you do clean up nice. And you did bring me brownies, so I guess I can forgive you a little. Just a little," she said, emphasizing this with a small pinching motion with her index and thumb.

<@Fabian> "I clean up magnificently." That behavior was ingrained in Fabian but at least he could still act like a narcissistic ass and still have fun with the fact. It was a delicate balance, to be sure. "And yes, that's exactly what I mean." He chuckled, pondering what his next question should be. "Damn, I'm running out of steam on my line of questioning. You might have to give me a moment to contemplate more."

<Cecilia> Cecilia perked up. "Then I have more for you!"

<Cecilia> "What do you want most in the world? And don't say something dumb like a million dollars or a gold-plated toilet seat. What's your heart's desire?"

<@Fabian> "I all ready have a million dollars." Fabian pointed out though he hadn't considered getting a gold-plaited toilet seat before...that might be happening in the near future. "Honestly? I don't know and I don't really like the fact that I don't."

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled. "It's honest. And don't worry, I'm sure you'll find it. Even if it's unachievable."

<@Fabian> "Unachievable? We've all ready talked about how full of myself I am. Lets not pretend I think I have limitations here."

<Cecilia> Cecilia snorted and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I forgot who I was talking to. Do you want a family?"

<@Fabian> "I would be the worst father so I don't think me having a family would be the best thing in the world." He shrugged though for a more accurate answer. "What about you?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged. "You're still young. You're what? Eighteen now? Maybe you'll be more patient as you age. I dunno, it sounds bad, but I'd really rather become a doctor first. If I had to choose between the two...I'd choose my career. But that being said, I wouldn't mind having some kids, I don't know what I'd be like but I'd try. That's all you can do right?"

<@Fabian> "Point." He agreed with her, deciding to swipe another sandwich from the bag. "Well, you've experienced one of my stranger hobbies today, what do you do for kicks?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled. "I play in the Danger Room a lot. Fight ninjas mostly. I'm trying to catch up on my pop culture. I never had a TV and there's hundreds of channels at the school. It's great!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "I've been playing Crash Bandicoot...I get really frustrated at it. It's really funny to watch apparently."

<Cecilia> "I wish I had more interesting things to say...truth is I haven't had much opportunity to do much more exciting things. I've got a lot of plans but no real coin to back it up."

<@Fabian> "...I have absolutely no idea what that is but I think my curiousity must be sated when we get back. Forget what you do then, what do you want to do then?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed and threw her arms out. "Everything!" She grinned and leaned her head on Fabian's shoulder. "I want to see Singapore, Barcelona, Beunos Aires, and Moscow. I want to fly in a plane and swim in an ocean, that I can remember. I want to learn to ski and have those weird cheeses they have in France."

<Cecilia> "I want to see Mardi Gras. I want to stay up all night with someone I like. I want to be smart and succeed in my career. I want to play drunken golf and run through the sprinkers on the green!"

<Cecilia> She laughed again. "And I'll do it all! Registration be damned!"

<@Fabian> Fabian leaned away just enough to give her an everso slightly manic grin. "...Yessss!" He laughed, clapping his hands. "Forget any previous tensions between us because you and I are fundamentally alike right there." Fabian couldn't help but feel a bit excited just hearing the check list. "What's something you can cross off your list that we could do right now?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia thought a for moment. "Drunken golf? You were hoping for that weren't you?!"

<Cecilia> She laughed.

<@Fabian> "I'm hoping for all of it." Fabian replied, now caught up in a burst of energy. "Though I suppose if you want to succeed in your career I can't really keep you skipping classes so the trips might have to wait until another time."

<Cecilia> Cecilia grinned. "I am too!"

<Cecilia> She threw an arm around him, companionably. "Fabian, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

<@Fabian> Fabian stretched, his legs unfolding out in front of him and the joints in his arms popping until he let one of his arms flop around her in a similar fashion. "You'll hear no argument from me."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 10/12 Instance: Little Talks

Post by puppygirl »

:clap Yay! Friends!
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Fabian can make them, it's not impossible!
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

They had rough start, but overall I think they've made up for it nicely.
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Aww, nice instance, you two! :bounce
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Poor Miles...

He won't even see it coming.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

You gotta admit...He did come on a little strong. Just a little, BMan :)
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2