10/8 Instance: Finger Collared

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/8 Instance: Finger Collared

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Leading Lizard

<Lorna> Lorna poked the fire at the side of the lake, keeping it nice and hot for what she had planned. Beside the fire set two sticks, a bag of marshmallows, chocolate, crackers, and a stack of papers just waiting to go up in smoke. Now she just needed to wait for Bobby to appear.

<Bobby> Anticipation mixed with a little dread in the pit of his stomach as Bobby spotted the fire, both the heat of it and the fire itself. Sliding his hands into his pockets, he walked out to her. Things had been awesome lately, so he knew this surprise she had planned had to be something good, but there was still that tiny bit of doubt. He ramped up his grin as he approached. "Hey hey, babe!"

<Lorna> "Hey! There you are." Lorna pulled herself up carefully, making her way over and stealing a hug from him. "and how are you? I've got everything ready for us, come on down."

<Bobby> He couldn't help but smile at her struggled to get up and happily returned the hug. Suddenly inspired, he picked her up and gave her a spin, stealing a kiss when he set her back on her feet. He had to admit... she did weigh more. "I'm good! How are my girls?" His hand went to her belly.

<Lorna> A squawk came out of her as she was spun around but she laughed, holding on tighter. "We're just great, we got a lot done today, wrapped up some training stuff with Mel, got some phone calls I needed to get done all wrapped up."

<Bobby> "Wrapped up, huh?" Bobby kept his hold on her and nuzzled her hair, still feeling her belly for the almost constant little flutters and wriggles from the baby. "What'cha workin' on?"

<Lorna> "You're about to find out." Lorna tugged him on, closer to the fire and everything else. "You'll like it, I promise, plus there's snacks."

<Bobby> "Mmmm, snacks!" He let her pull him in and offered to help her sit back down on the little blanket nest she'd made for herself. "Are we offering marshmallows on the sacrificial fire?"

<Lorna> "And then some." Lorna nodded, making herself comfortable with Bobby and the blanket nest, reaching for the papers beside them and holding them out to Bobby

<Bobby> He recognized those papers, and felt a chill that had nothing to do with his powers. Eyebrows knitted, he took the papers, holding them like a dead fish, and looked at her in confusion. There may have been a bit of puppy eye as well.

<Lorna> "Which page do you want to burn first?" Lorna asked, wriggling them at him.

<Bobby> "All of them?" Bobby laughed and crushed the papers when he reached to pull her into a tight hug. "So that's what you were calling about? It's really off?" He felt like he might embarrass himself by crying.

<Lorna> Lorna hugged him just as tight. "Yeah, I called the lawyer and got everything straightened out. I leave them to you for the burning, even got her copies."

<Bobby> He bit his lip and pulled back from the hug enough to give her a bright smile. The tears, luckily, were staying in his eyes, and he blinked them back. Stroking her face, he cupped her cheek and kissed her. "Thank you, baby," he whispered into the kiss. "I love you... so much."

<Lorna> "I love you too, Bobby." Lorna kissed him again, leaning into him and sliding her arm around him. "So, the honour is yours, Sweetcheeks, lets see these suckers burn."

<Bobby> Bobby held onto her a little longer first, eyes closed and just enjoying the moment. After another squeeze, he took the stack of papers and starting feeding them to the fire. Once a few pages had gone up, he got into it and twisted to toss a couple more over his shoulder.

<Bobby> Splitting the stack up, he gave her half with a slightly manic grin.

<Lorna> "I knew you'd enjoy this." Lorna smiled softly, watching his slightly crazed face. "I'd been waiting on the copies to get here, patience pays off though, yeah?"

<Bobby> "Yes!" Bobby cackled and urged her to burn her half. "Oh! I still have the ones I got at SHIELD... those fuckers definitely need to go to hell!" He scrambled up and trotted back to the house to find them.

<Lorna> "Get those bastards!" Lorna called out after him, laughing and, once he was away, she dug through her pocket, trying to roll up to balance on her knee.

<Bobby> Bobby returned quickly, since he knew exactly where they were. He slowed to a stop catching Lorna struggling up. "Do you need some help there, Dee?" He couldn't quite keep the chuckle from his voice. It was... cute and kind of sad at the same time. She looked like... an awkward turtle. He bit his lip.

<Lorna> "I think I've got it." Lorna laughed, balancing and straightening on her knee carefully. "This is trickier than you really would have expected, I consider myself quite talented."

<Bobby> "Oh, you are." Bobby shuffled through the papers... which were rather the worse for wear from the times he'd thrown them across his cell. He got back on his knees on the blanket. Finding their wedding photo, he turned it around to show to her. "Fury let me keep this... I used to look at it all the time... talk to you."

<Lorna> "What did you say to me?" Lorna asked, trying to find a way for this to be comfortable.

<Bobby> Of course, some of it he'd never be repeating, but this part he could, and it was just as true. "That if you gave me another chance, I'd never be an idiot again." Bobby could tell he was weirding her out a little, so he softened it with a crooked grin. "Well, I'm sure I'll manage to be an idiot again somehow, but I'm glad you gave me the chance."

<Lorna> "We're both going to be idiots again, that much is definitely sure." Lorna cracked a grin, pulling their rings from her pocket. "So, would you like to officially stay married to me, Mr. Drake?"

<Bobby> "Eeee!" He made grabby hands for his ring, realizing Lorna had been balanced on one knee through his ramble. "I would, Mrs. Drake," he smiled, taking her ring from her hand to slip it on her finger. It was tight, but it still fit.

<Lorna> "You are going to be the prettiest bride!" Lorna laughed, throwing her arms wide open and carefully flopping against him for support now.

<Bobby> "Dress might fit me better right now anyway," he teased, catching her and holding on.

<Lorna> "You know, you shouldn't tempt me, I could totally talk you into putting it on when we're back inside."

<Bobby> "Oh, I know you could." Bobby dropped the papers and settled them back on the ground with Lorna in his lap. Now this was how things should be. He gave her a kiss on the nose.

<Lorna> Her nose wrinkled up as she laughed, sitting back down in the blankets. Lorna smiled, sliding Bobby's ring onto his finger. "Now that we're both finger collared now ready for s'mores?"

<Bobby> "Mmm, s'mores. I'm all about that." He picked the wedding photo from the scattered papers and set it carefully aside before scooping up the papers he'd received at SHIELD. Taking a deep breath, he dropped them into the fire and watched the edges curl and burn.

<Lorna> Lorna fiddled with his ring now that it was right where it was, watching the rest of the papers burn. "Feel better?"

<Bobby> "Fantastic." He looked down at his ring and took her hand, leaning in to give her another kiss.

<Lorna> She smiled, nuzzling into his shoulder. "Same here...things are finally getting back to normal."

<Bobby> Bobby closed his eyes and enjoyed a good cuddle. "Well... normal is relative," he chuckled.

<Lorna> "It always was so I guess that works." Lorna chuckled. "And we can take it easy, which reminds me, I have something else to talk with you about."

<Bobby> "Taking it easy is relative too, with Maddie on the way." He cracked one eye open to look at her. "Oh yeah?"

<Lorna> "I finally put myself on X-Man maternity leave, stepping back some and bringing Mel up as a student field leader."

<Bobby> "Really? But I really wanted to see you in a maternity uniform." He contemplated that for a moment. "Thought she was kicked off the team with the rest of us idiots?"

<Lorna> "She's gotten permission to work with the people who were taken off to get them back into shape and see if they're ready to rejoin. Considering how low we are right now with people we can't turn away the willing...but if you like I can work a maternity uniform and we can have extra training sessions?" She smirked, tempting.

<Bobby> "Well," Bobby gave her a wicked grin. "It's always good to stay in shape after all." He punctuated that with a pat on her ass. He kind of really did want to see her in a maternity uniform. Who knew?

<Lorna> "But for now I say we just sit back and enjoy this, hmm?" It was nice to see that grin again how she remembered it. "Sounds like I'll have some sewing to do."

<Bobby> "Oh, oh! You should make a baby uniform too," he said, getting a little excited at the idea. "She's an X-baby, after all." But yes, right now snuggling in front of the fire was the best plan. "Later. Enjoy now, sew later."

<Lorna> "...oh my god X-man onesies!" Lorna could feel the excitement too and now tomorrow was practically planned out all ready.

<Bobby> "There you go," he laughed. "Could make her a SWORD one too, just to represent for daddy." Bobby nodded.

<Lorna> "Oh yeah, she has to have both. Our baby will have the best of superhero accessories." Lorna leaned her head against his shoulder, sighing happily.

<Bobby> He was quiet for a while, loving being with his family and thanking his lucky stars. The fire crackled and the night was crisp. The actual stars were even out and winking down on them. Finally he turned his head toward hers. "What do you think she'll be like?"

<Lorna> Lorna looked down, patting her stomach fondly. "I think she's going to be brilliant, probably into everything, hard to catch, super nerdy and happy."

<Bobby> Bobby put his hand over hers. "Sounds absolutely fantastic."

<Lorna> "Of course, she's going to be delightful...and we're going to have to beat off teenage boys with sticks when the time comes."

<Bobby> "Let's rephrase that," he said, the cringe automatic. "But yes... I think I'll prefer just freezing their junk off." Bobby nodded again.

<Lorna> Lorna considered this and nodded. "Good plan. I think we've got this."

<Bobby> "She might be able to freeze their junk off too." Bobby patted her hand and belly.

<Lorna> "I think we can rest assured that our baby'll be able to take care of herself." Lorna smiled, covering his hand with hers.

<Bobby> "Well, at least once she's potty trained," Bobby added with a laugh, lacing their fingers together.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 10/8 Instance: Finger Collared

Post by puppygirl »

N'awwwwwww :content
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Pfft. Didn't you ever watch Rugrats? That baby will be hell on wheels!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Hopefully not with literal wheels. :shifty