10/8 Instance: Clearance Levels

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/8 Instance: Clearance Levels

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined the day after Cut Off Sentence

<@Fabian> The classroom cleared out quickly, something about talking about explosives seemed to energize people though Fabian was sure if they were doing actual demo it'd be harder to get rid of people. Fabian stood up from the desk in the back of the room, making his way forward for the door.

<Darren> "Cortez?" Darren called out as soon as he saw Fabian make a move to leave, "Could I talk to you for a second?" The kid had been a bit quieter then usual, not that he blamed him, and what he had to say wouldn't make that any better ... fuckin- ...

<@Fabian> "You got something for me?" He turned to Darren, changing course as he walked to the front. To tell the truth, he felt a good deal better than from yesterday; blowing off classes had definitely been the right decision to make and he had avoided getting arrested so it was a good time out had by all.

<Darren> "Yes and no," Darren sighed, waving for Fabian to take a seat, "I afraid that overall it's pretty shitty news though."

<@Fabian> Quirking an eyebrow up, Fabian took a seat on one of the desks, crossing his arms and looking to Darren curiously.

<Darren> "Firstly, they're not getting the death sentence, so that's something at least, but when I tried to find out exactly what was going on with them I just met a load of 'You do not have the necessary clearance' bullcrap," he sighed and put his feet up on the table, leaning back on his chair.

<@Fabian> "...is that legal?" Fabian asked, brow furrowing as he was almost sure it wasn't...but who would actually want to stop such a thing.

<Darren> "Nope, there's a cover story about them being sentenced to about ten life sentences each in some special mutant prison," Darren shrugged, "but as far as I know, they've passed into some kind of government program, or something?" He shook his head, "I tried to ask Fury about it and ... well, he said that it wasn't his department anymore since we went global ... I dunno ..."

<@Fabian> "Well, I guess since a mutant prison probably would be government it probably is something like that...right?"

<Darren> Darren closed his eyes for a moment, "I wish I could let you go on thinkin' that, man, but when I couldn't get info through the proper channels, I went through the improper channels," he swung his feet off the table and sat up properly, looking the boy in the face.

<Darren> "I did some hacking, as much as I could without alerting the system I was there, which isn't much since they're built to expect people like me, I was only able to extract one piece of information before I had to disengage ... they've been put under the care of Colonel Stryker."

<@Fabian> "...and what does that mean?" Other than this was another thing Fabian was fairly sure was actually illegal, he didn't know what else to think about it.

<Darren> "It means your sister is in for a bad time of it, I'm afraid, if my info was right. I know Stryker, he doesn't think mutants are people, he thinks they're weapons. If he had his way we'd all be conscripted, lobotomised and sent to every hell-hole out there so that real people don't have to," he gave Fabian an apologetic look, "I'm sorry, Cortez."

<@Fabian> "Well, considering things that wasn't anything I wasn't expecting." Who else would they get to man mutant Guantanmo than the most hardass warden they could find? "I suppose this is just another assurance that I made the right decision, isn't it?"

<Darren> "Guess so," Darren nodded, "at least it's over now, at least, I just ... wouldn't hold your hopes up on seeing or even hearing from her anytime soon."

<@Fabian> He nodded, that was a strange thing to hear but he knew it to be true. "Well, thank you for finding out what you could then."

<Darren> "Just wish I could have done more," Darren shrugged, "if I find anything else out, I'll let you know."

<@Fabian> "You did plenty." Fabian pointed out, figuring it was more than most would have or could have. "Thanks."

<Darren> "Anytime, take care of yourself," Darren smiled at Fabian before grabbing the papers to start grading them.

<@Fabian> Fabian nodded with a smirk. "I always do." He glanced out the door though, not overly sure he actually wanted to go to his next class overly much. It still seemed like a pain in the ass he didn't quite want at the moment. "Need help grading?"

<Darren> Darren raised an eyebrow as he looked back up at Fabian, "... You sure you're not feeling ill there, buddy?"

<@Fabian> "It's either that or sit through Anthropology and wonder if the class will nod off before Xavier does which is sad because I actually enjoy the subject."

<Darren> Darren chuckled, "Yeah, Chuckle's classes are a tragic comedy of naptime," Darren thought about it for a moment and then pushed a few of the papers across the desk towards Fabian, "Knock yourself out, kid."

<@Fabian> Fabian took the papers and pulled out his pen, sitting properly in the desk now. "How nasty am I allowed to be in the comments?"

<Darren> Darren shot Fabian a deadpan look, "Remember who your teacher is here, I've never been one for holding my punches."

<@Fabian> "Yes but I have a natural tactlessness when I want to and I just want to be sure I can suggest someone look into a career as a crash test dummy if they're really interested in engineering."

<Darren> Darren laughed, "Feel free, the looks on their faces when I hand the paper back would be more then worth any trouble I get into for it."

<@Fabian> Giving a mock salute, Fabian got to work. There was something cathartic in being just a bit harsh in comments on papers, though he didn't have to do too terrible much of it. "So, any word from your wife since the first letter?"

<Darren> "... No," Darren's shoulders slumped a little at the mention of Selene, "I'm trying to not let it bug me too much. She probably felt the same way every time I had to vanish on SHIELD business with no communication."

<@Fabian> "I suppose it's not a place you can write out of much." Still, it was a strange feeling, waiting still. The paper he was working on now got an extra snarky comment scrawled across the bottom of the second page.

<Darren> "No, and I feel kinda better for having her out there, watching over our kids ... I'm guessing Cess probably talked her into it," he smiled fondly at the thought of his wife, "She's probably spending her days fucking with the lab workers or something, If I know her."

<@Fabian> "More than likely." Fabian nodded, agreeing for the sake of it since really he didn't know Selene all that much. "They'll probably be back soon enough. I'm sure if the whole thing was being successful we'd be hearing more about it."

<Darren> "Yeah," Darren nodded, taking a moment to correct a few anatomical errors on the doodles in the margin of Killer's paper, "if it's a bust, things are probably gonna be very awkward and tense around here for a while ... that should be fun," he groaned.

<@Fabian> "By fun you mean exactly the same, yes?"

<Darren> "Depends on how upset they are at not being cured, some of the girls will probably be extra tender about it," Darren frowned, spinning a paper around to try and understand what the hell was going on in the diagram he was looking at, "I predict at least one bitch fight between Reptar and Sparks."

<@Fabian> Fabian smirked, very tempted to say just as he had before that statement. It all sounded pretty much how things were going as is. "I guess we'll see soon enough, won't we-what the hell is this? I think I can definitely cross 'Teacher' off of things I could be."

<Darren> Darren hooked the offending piece of paper and dragged it over to look at ... and he stared at it ... then tilted his head and stared at it some more, then looked back up at Fabian, "... I need a smoke," he produced a packet, "join me?"

<@Fabian> "Yes." That was a much better way to kill time, by killing lungs.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 10/8 Instance: Clearance Levels

Post by steyn »

I'm right! This IS going to be like THunderbolts!