10/6 Instance: Midnight in Westchester

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

10/6 Instance: Midnight in Westchester

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline: The day after Cut Off Sentence

<@Fabian> There was a shuffling down the hall, a scuffing noise as heavy limbs made their way towards the kitchen while their owner wasn't aware. Fabian hadn't had problems with his sleepwalking for five or so years but it appeared he was off the wagon as it were this night.

<Cecilia> Cecilia rooted inside the fridge for something to drink. Pop? No, too sweet and it was far too late. Milk? Why was she even considering that? She was lactose intolerant.

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed and poured some water from the filter jug they had in the fridge. Why were rich people so paranoid about tap water anyways?

<@Fabian> In his mind Fabian was going through all sorts of scenarios as to what happened after the trial. His sister was in jail, that much was obvious, but what had she actually been sentenced to? Darren hadn't gotten back to him if he knew anything yet and Fabian had a feeling he wasn't going to be finding anything soon.

<@Fabian> His feet shuffled on into the kitchen, skirting the bar and to the refrigerator where his hand took a bit before actually managing to open the door.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stared at the zombie-like student that just shuffled into the kitchen. "Oh, hi! I, uh, I didn't know anyone was up!"

<@Fabian> A noise came from Fabian and a rustling as his hands groped for what they were seeking in the refrigerator before falling onto a bottle of orange juice and he turned towards Cecilia, going for where the glasses were.

<Cecilia> Cecilia quickly moved to the side as the zombie guy walked towards the cabinet, nearly trampling her in the process. "Hey!" She shouted. "Watch where you're going, loco!" What was with all the guys in this school?! So far the only guy who wasn't completely crazy to her was Bobby and it was quickly becoming apparent that he was the exception.

<@Fabian> That had practically been right in his ear as Fabian had been walking by her at the time. The sudden noise caused him to jolt, dropping the container of orange juice and waking up at the same time. "Ahhh!" He grabbed onto the counter on impulse to keep his balance, half-slipping as the orange juice was now all over the floor.

<Cecilia> Cecilia lept back, but not enough to avoid being splattered. "Ah!" She cried. Then, "What the hell is wrong with you, buddy?!"

<Cecilia> "Don't you have any manners?! Or do you enjoy trampling and spilling orange juice all over people?"

<@Fabian> "I'm sorry! I'm sorry." Fabian paused, still a bit dazed looking as he was just waking up. How had he managed to get down here, all the way out of his dorm, down the stairs, and into the kitchen? He glanced about, considerably mystified. "Sorry, it's been a while since that happened."

<Cecilia> "What?!" Said Cecilia. What the hell was this guy talking about? "What the hell are you talking about?"

<@Fabian> "Sleepwalking, sorry. I hadn't done it since I was thirteen or something." Fabian picked his way over to one of the barstools, sitting down as his head de-fogged.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stared. Oh, well. That explained a lot. "Oh, uh, that's alright. I mean, it's not like you did it on purpose."

<Cecilia> "Sorry, I yelled at you. I thought you were just being rude."

<@Fabian> He waved his hand dismissively at the apology. "No need for that. I'm usually rude so we'll just call that one even later." Fabian straightened up, trying to look more of himself despite being spattered with orange juice and in sleepwear. "I don't believe we've met, Fabian Cortez."

<Cecilia> "Oh," said Cecilia. "Well, good to know. Cecilia Reyes," she said, offering a hand. "I just got here a few days ago."

<@Fabian> "Good to meet you." He shook the hand with a laugh. "How do you find us so far? It's a bit of an adjustment...or I'd figure anyway, my own recruitment was a bit different."

<Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled nervously. "Well, things have been a bit strange so far. Most of the guys I run into here have acted strangely around me, you included."

<Cecilia> "Recruitment?" Said Cecilia. "My understanding was you were here more for the information you could provide rather than anyone actually seeking you out."

<@Fabian> "Well, if it is of any consolation I'm fairly out of sorts so any strangeness is not directed at you personally." Fabian gave a shrug, not really certain sure how to excuse himself there.

<@Fabian> A faint frown formed on his face, however. "Oh, so you've all ready heard about that then."

<Cecilia> Cecilia shrugged. "I've heard a little. Don't get all worked up," she said, raising her hands in a 'I surrender' gesture. "I'm not going to make your life harder. You didn't do anything to me and besides, I hardly think it's a good idea to to give people who are trying to change a lot of shit. It just makes being good seem an unattractive option."

<@Fabian> That...was a refreshing way to look at things and, despite himself, Fabian cracked a grin at that. "Thank you, I appreciate that. People here have more or less been pretty understanding so I like to think that I'm doing pretty decently at least. Though I suppose it's the trial that has me walking about."

<Cecilia> "Trial?" Cecilia said. "Oh, of your former group! Do you have friends that are in trouble?"

<@Fabian> "My sister," Fabian answered simply though tiredly. "Anna-Maria. She didn't exactly see the wisdom of working for the other side at the end of things."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned. "I guess not...But you're here and you've come out wiser, maybe even on your way to becoming a different person. There might be hope for her, though she might have to hit rock bottom for things to change."

<Cecilia> "I understand if that's little consolation," she said. "I can see why you'd be up at night. I'd be pretty antsy too if my sister was in trouble."

<@Fabian> "The trial ended," Fabian checked his watch, "yesterday. The news didn't cover the sentence though but guilty on all counts. The question is what did they decided was to be done with her but I suppose there's very little I can do about any of it."

<Cecilia> Cecilia shuddered. "If I know the public's impression on mutants, it's not going to be good... That's why I never registered. You don't know what people will do with that information."

<Cecilia> For all they knew Anna-Maria could be being tortured or executed as they speak...

<@Fabian> "My father was convinced he could get her extradited back home on his own, didn't quite agree with me on the fact that the only home for that was go work with the people there and their contacts." He almost laughed, shrugging as he pulled himself up to clean up the mess he had made. "And same here, I wouldn't trust any kind of registration, don't need to staple a star to my lapel certainly."

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded. "Yeah, not like I need more discrimination that I already get," she said. "Biracial, Puerto Rican, Woman and Mutant. God must've figured I can handle a lot."

<Cecilia> "Uh, so to speak," she added. She hadn't believed in God's plan for some time now.

<@Fabian> "I'm a rich white man so I suppose I can't really meet you on a level of discrimination." He shrugged, toweling off the floor and draining the rest of the orange juice into the sink. "So, Puerto Rican? Did you spend much time there?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "No, I left when I was three. I've lived in the Bronx since then." Cecilia pondered his accent. "You're...some kind of hispanic, Spanish?" She guessed.

<@Fabian> "I'm from Barcelona, my family has been there possibly since people arrived and figured out how to make walls stand up."

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled. Her father's side was likely descended from the Spanish and her mother's, well...they'd likely come to Puerto Rico from Africa and everyone knew what that meant. "Heh, Barcelona? I've always wanted to go there. I speak Spanish, the food's supposed to be great, and it's got tons of different people." Cecilia stared at her bare feet. "I've, uh, not had the opportunity to travel. But I hope I might get to."

<@Fabian> "When you do get to remind me to give you a few pointers in Catalan. I've seen tourists who bother to learn it get extra perks here and there." And if Fabian took the chance to flirt while giving language pointers who would blame him? Not a soul, that's who. "I do love to travel, still need to make my mind up on where to go over Christmas break."

<Cecilia> "That'd be nice," Cecilia said. "If I ever go I'd like to get as much out of the experience as I can."

<Cecilia> Cecilia yawned discretely behind her hand. "Well, I better get back to bed and at least try to sleep. If I ever see you sleepwalking again I'll be sure to not give you such a rude awakening again. With my sleeping habits it's bound to happen eventually."

<@Fabian> "And I can even tell you what is worth the lines seeing." He laughed, looking around the floor and deciding that was clean enough for now. Cleaning wasn't exactly his forte but he didn't see any evidence of the juice left. "I, for one, am still leaning towards talking someone who can fly the jet into just taking a vacation somewhere for break." He folded up the towel, leaving it in the sink for now.

<@Fabian> "In that case good night and don't worry, I've had much ruder awakenings. I'll see you around then." he inclined his head to her, working up the determination to put himself to bed again.

<Cecilia> Cecilia inclined her head back. "Buenos noches, Senor Cortez."