10/3 Instance: Communal Showers

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/3 Instance: Communal Showers

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

<Paul> The pool was a place of peace and tranquility for the moment as Paul simply floated along on his lounger, shades on and almost half asleep in the midday sun.

<Jessica> As it was her day off, Jess had decided to try out the other facilities on offer at the center. They had a pool and that was as good a place as any to start so she tried that first. Being the middle of the day it wasn't too busy so she slipped into the water and tried to get used to the temperature.

<Jean> Though cross-training was important, Jean just wasn't feeling it today. After a few laps, she pulled herself from the water and spread her towel on a drier lounger. She laid back and slipped on her own shades, humming happily and looking up at the skylights. Mmm, the sun... she'd miss it in a few more weeks.

<Paul> "You know, considering how much is paid for the HOAs at this place you'd think we'd have an indoor pool." Paul observed once he realized he had inadvertantly floated into the corner of the pool, waking him from his near-sleep enough to look around and see he wasnt alone.

<Jessica> "At least it's heated." She offered, pushing herself off from the side to start at a leisurely pace.

<Jean> "It has a rolling wall," Jean piped in, raising an arm to lazily point at the apparatus. "It's just open today since the sun's out." She tended to notice these kinds of things, and she had considered asking the staff to close it... it was almost too cold for her bikini in the indoor portion of the structure. There was no way she was really going outside in it.

<Paul> "They're probably waiting for the first real snow, try to freeze us all out so they can just drain the thing." He rolled off of his seat into the pool as he looked up.

<Jean> Jean couldn't help her giggles at the splash. "Smooth!"

<Jessica> "I don't want to be frozen into the pool, that's not on my 'to do' list for today... or at all."

<Paul> "Not really on anyone's, and I am always smooth, remember that." He laughed, swimming along at a lazier pace than he usually would.

<Jean> "Oh, are you now?" Jean sat up and looked over her shades at him. "Are you sharing your personal grooming habits with us?" Jess's comment made her almost shiver. Ugh. Cold.

<Paul> "Now that you'll have to find out for yourself." That seemed like the most appropriate thing to say given that set up. Paul couldn't help but feel a bit proud of himself for it.

<Jessica> Jess laughed, "Is that an invitation?"

<Jean> Jean didn't believe in waiting for invitations. With a smirk, she took off her sunglasses and rose. After a few running steps, she dove into the water.

<Paul> "Oh but what about Scott now?" He laughed to Jess before seeing Jean move. What was she doing? Oh. Oh shit. He was definitely in over his head here.

<Jessica> "I didn't say for me," she replied, pulling to a stop and leaning against the side of the pool. "Jean seems keen enough."

<Jean> In fact, Jean zeroed in like a shark and tugged Paul's ankle.

<Paul> Paul went down into the water before he could even let out a squeak of protest. Well...if she did seem keen maybe it wasn't so terrible.

<Jessica> Jess laughed and climbed out of the pool, shaking her head and going to pick up her towel.

<Jean> Jean ran her hand up his leg, dangerously close to the hem of his trunks, before she came up beside him with a grin.

<Paul> Right, he was in over his head but why was that a problem? Hell, this was sort of a win, wasn't it? Paul mentally convinced himself of that and his smirk came back stronger. "Going to get your proof?"

<Jean> "Got it!" She returned the smirk. "You're pretty damn smooth for a straight boy." Jean slicked her hair back against her head and laughed. "You think it makes you run faster or something?"

<Jessica> Jess sat down by the pool with her feet in the water, patting herself dry with her towel a little before pulling the towel around her shoulders. "That is the myth."

<Jean> Jean giggled and swam to the side of the pool, pulling herself out near Jessica. "I think he totally buys into that myth." She cocked her head and toyed with a strand of wet red hair. "Does it work? If it does... maybe I should shave my head?"

<Paul> "Even if it isn't true there is nothing more uncomfortable than a mid run wardrobe malfunction involving body hair so don't knock it...but I'm definitely not shaving my head."

<Jessica> "Don't either of you do that," Jess wrinkled her nose, "Especially you, you have lovely hair." she told Jean.

<Jean> "Thank you!" Jean looked up at Jessica. "I've... always kind of wanted blonde hair. I've dyed it black before too." She couldn't remember when, exactly, but she knew she had.

<Jessica> "You don't want blonde hair, think of all the dumb blonde jokes you'd have to put up with. They get really old after a while."

<Paul> Paul caught himself fussing with his hair with all the talk that was going around and forced himself to stop, glancing around just a bit sheepishly. "Good to know we're all against personal baldness then."

<Jessica> "In this weather? Definitely. It's far too cold for that nonsense." She laughed.

<Jean> "Ugh... definitely. I hate the cold." She glared at the rolling wall of the pool. "Which, you'd think, like, my aunt and uncle would move to... maybe the southwest? Florida is warm, but too humid."

<Paul> "I'd rather be cold than be a southerner. Crazy lurks down the more you go." Paul laughed, pulling himself out of the water.

<Jessica> "Technically I'm a southerner. Just south UK instead... probably makes me more crazy. And this is normal weather for me..." she gave a shrug.

<Jean> "I've totally heard they're nuts down there." Jean's gaze wandered from the wall to Paul's muscles to Jessica. "Whoa..." She realized it was rude, but she was staring at the giant scar down Jess's side. Prying her eyes away, she winced. "Sorry... didn't mean to... like..."

<Jessica> "Oh... no.... it's fine..." although she'd said that, she still moved a hand to cover the scar self consciously. "Not exactly easy to hide at the moment... bound to notice..."

<Paul> Paul, confused, followed Jean's gaze and glanced over to the scar. "Now that doesn't look like something you get hunting spiders in the woods now."

<Jean> "What, spiders?" Jean blinked and made a face, distracted for the moment.

<Jessica> "I like spiders, I go looking for them sometimes when I can escape the clutches of my mother." she gave a grin. "And no, the spiders didn't give me the scar as far as I know... but they could have played a part I suppose, I'll have to ask..."

<Jean> "You don't know how you got it?" Jean was trying not to look, but it was kind of hard now. "Spiders are..." she searched for a word. "Buggy?"

<Jessica> She shook her head, tracing the line of the scar with her fingertips, "I asked once... they said I fell through a window when I was little. I don't remember it..." She tried to think back.

<Paul> Paul glanced to Jean, nodding in agreement with the choice of the word 'buggy'. "Well, guess it's a good thing not to remember, yes?"

<Jean> "Ow, yeah, I'd say so." Jean exchanged a grin with Paul. "I had a friend who fell through a glass door... she, like, ended up in the hospital for a week and had to have plastic surgery. So you're lucky... though you could probably get that scar fixed too."

<Jessica> "Mmm, probably...." She frowned, shifting uncomfortably. The images in her mind that she associated with the scar didn't fit. Maybe she'd seen it in a movie and they'd been filed with that because she couldn't remember? "I don't really need to though..."

<Paul> Well, at least Jean was on board with the weirdness of the spider stuff. "Well, that'd be up to you, of course. Probably you came out lucky considering the looks of it."

<Jean> "No kidding." Jean gave the scar a quick look and then back to Paul. He was safer. And prettier. "Except during bikini season, I guess."

<Jessica> "I'm sure I was very lucky... it's a large scar and near some important things... and I'm not really worried about hiding it, kind of used to it being there..." she shrugged a little. "Nobody's perfect, my flaws are just more visible than others."

<Paul> "I don't know, I'd say we're pretty damned close to perfect, wouldn't you?" Paul glanced over to Jean for her opinion.

<Jean> Jean couldn't agree more, and her smile at Paul showed it. Keeping her eyes on him, she smiled, turning her face toward Jessica. "Maybe it's not so much a flaw as an obvious beauty mark?"

<Jessica> She laughed, "I like that idea. Let's go with that."

<Paul> "Well, I can certainly drink to that. Anyone care to join me?" Paul asked, standing up at the edge of the pool.

<Jean> "....pool water? I'm so not drinking that." Jean made a horrified face.

<Jessica> Jess laughed, "I think he means alcohol."

<Paul> "That's more along the lines of what I was thinking, though doesn't have to be...but yeah,we'll be avoiding the pool water."

<Jean> "Good, because I'm sure people pee in this pool." Jean kicked her foot upward, spraying water. Of course, she was covering that she'd never had alcohol, but that was incidental.

<Jessica> "Ewww. I'm not swimming in here again." She wrinkled her nose, pulling her feet out of the water.

<Paul> "I like to think that this place is monitored to prosecute urinaters myself. It makes me sleep a bit more soundly at night."

<Jean> "But if it was monitored I'd think they'd use that dye that changes colors when they cut loose the wee." She leaned over and peered into the water.

<Jean> Looking back up between Paul and Jessica, she put on an evil smirk. "We could always test it."

<Jessica> Jess turned her head to stare at Jean, "Just what are you suggesting?"

<Paul> "I believe she's suggesting we take a giant piss in the pool."

<Jean> "I, like, totally, absolutely am!"

<Paul> "....okay then." Paul laughed, shrugging. "There's only one way to know for sure, after all."

<Jessica> "I... think I'll pass on that...." she wrinkled her nose again, eyeing the water.

<Jean> Jean turned her gaze to Paul. She smiled.

<Paul> "Unless you'd like the honours I'd suggest you would like to get out of the pool."

<Jean> Her legs flipped out of the pool, spraying up an arc of water. Tucking them beneath her, Jean grinned up at him. "Hose it down, mister fireman."

<Jessica> Jess cringed and covered her eyes, pulling her towel up over her head.

<Paul> There were just some things he didn't think he would be doing when he woke up today. Taking a piss in the community pool was definitely one of those things that hadn't even entered his mind but, well, that happened.

<Jean> Jean was absolutely watching, hawk-eyed, in fact. She waited. Curling a lock of hair around her finger, she hooked him with a raised eyebrow. "You did it?"

<Paul> He turned around, making his way over and laughing. "Of course I did it! I'm not about to back out of such an easy challenge."

<Jessica> "I can't believe you did that..."

<Jean> "Oh. My. God." Jean took a moment. "They're total cheapskates!" She flailed a little, then turned her pointed finger on Paul. "And you're marinating in pee!"

<Jessica> "And I'm going to take a nice hot shower." Ew. Ewewewewew. She got to her feet and headed for the door, "And then I might need that drink."

<Paul> "Yes...showers, then drinks." Paul was very adamant about that because....ew. Just ew.

<Paul> "Meet you two at the front in a bit then?"

<Jean> "It's a date, if only because you're smooth." Jean jumped to her feet and found her towel and sunglasses. "Smooth and not of the shy bladder."

<Jessica> "See you in a bit when I feel clean again." Though that may be never. She waved over her shoulder and headed off to the saviour that was hot water.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 10/3 Instance: Communal Showers

Post by puppygirl »

:*D OMG! Things like this remind me why I love JP so much!

Nice instance guys! :love
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"