9/28 Instance: Spanish Bombs

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/28 Instance: Spanish Bombs

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Private Dick

<@Darren> Darren was preparing a demo, whether that was a demonstration or a demolition depended completely upon the observer. He'd been teaching a few of the kids bomb disposal techniques ... which was about 90% of 'don't fucking panic'.

<@Darren> He'd had them running tests in the DR, where if they screwed up the worst that they got was a flag popping up that read 'Bang! Ur ded' but now some of them were starting to get cocky and it was about time that he beat some healthy respect for explosives into them with live demonstrations ... and then maybe later he'd go play with the nitroglycerine.

<Fabian> Fabian was just now driving back to the school, still muttering under his breath from everything that had happened today that ruined his attempts to put himself in a better humour. He was reluctant to admit it but he was wondering if this wasn't just another mistake for him, one that came down on the complete opposite spectrum from what he was doing before but, nevertheless, was a mistake all the same.

<Fabian> Maybe he did need to look into that resort community purchase idea.

<@Darren> Darren spotted Cortez's car zooming past, the boy in question looking like a British bulldog who'd chewed a wasp ... probably something to do with the Brain's letter he guessed. Sighing he stood up, he could do with a break anyway, and hell, explosions might cheer the kid up. He made his way to the garage.

<Fabian> The nerve of some people, really, playing at private eye stalking about after him? Oh yes, that just made Fabian want to stay here forever and ever. This was just one more grain of sand in his collection of evidence proving that he had been right all along to be wary of staying in this place.

<Fabian> His door clanked shut behind him and he turned to turn on the alarm. His car had all ready been messed with once and now the fact that someone thought following him around was a good idea so Fabian was not leaving anything up to chance and he hoped the alarm randomly went off in the middle of the night and fucked up everyone's sleep at this point.

<@Darren> Darren was leaned against the wall of the garage as Fabian came out, "You look about as happy as a creationist at a Darwin appreciation society," he remarked to the Spainard.

<Fabian> "Creationists would be happier because they hold onto the inane belief that they're right and in the end everyone'll realize it and potentially burn in hell." Fabian supplied, smirking back to Darren.

<@Darren> "True," Darren returned the smirk and pushed himself off the wall, "doesn't change the fact you look pissed as hell. Didn't bump into your old sugar daddy or nothing like that?" Darren gave Fabian a mock-suspicious look.

<Fabian> "I wish I had, then perhaps if I managed to miraculously bring his head back on a platter I might offer it up as some kind of sacrifice." Of course, he had no idea how he would do such a thing but it was nice to think about for a moment. It would make life a good deal easier.

<@Darren> "So what happened? Or are you just missing your boyfriend?" It sure as hell was a lot quieter with all those kids gone after all, everyone was feeling subdued.

<Fabian> Fabian might've given Darren a bit more of a dirty look at the last question but it dissipated quickly. "Did you know I'm apparently under vigilante surveillance?"

<@Darren> Darren raised a skeptical eyebrow and then raised both his hands, "Not guilty! Wait ... you haven't fallen victim to one of Eddie's 'moments' have you? If you have clearly he didn't learn the last time I threw him through the kitchen wall."

<Fabian> "Oh I've been through questioning from Eddie enough to know that's how he is but I've yet to find him watching me or following me through Long Island." Not that Fabian didn't find the questioning irksome but that at least could be productive and wasn't a hair creepy. "Jamie."

<@Darren> "The cloning guy?" Darren rolled his eyes, "I wouldn't think too much of it, the guy's got strange ideas. Pretty sure his parents kept him locked in a basement or something on the old family farm."

<Fabian> "I think then I would probably be less annoyed." Fabian groused, grabbing his bag from the back seat, swinging it over his shoulder. "Sure, it was childish and inept but still."

<@Darren> "Well ... to be honest it would make a bit more sense if he was one of the Horsemen or even close to them or ... something, but he's a loner really, and I don't think he was even aware of what Nur was doing," Darren itched his scalp, "maybe he just think's he's Batman like the Brain-" oh fuck, Clarice and Cortez had been close hadn't they?

<Fabian> "I'm pretty sure he was just excited about following around a potential terrorist." Fabian admitted, then frowned more puzzled than angry now. "The Brain?"

<@Darren> Ahhh, the keenness of youth, "Cute, but I wouldn't let it bother you too much man," he sighed a little at the question, "Clarice. Y'know, 'Pinky and the Brain'? Or did they not translate it into Spanish?" He frowned thoughtfully.

<Fabian> How did a person not let that bother them? Fabian was mystified as to how that was actually done because, generally, he didn't give even the tiniest of fuck about such things but so far this train of thought had managed to screw up a lot of things for him. "Ah, right, I do remember that show. You're probably right."

<@Darren> Darren looked skywards for a moment, before grinning, "Come on, all this like ... feelings and talking and shit is what women are for, I have something that'll make you feel better right away," he beckoned Fabian to follow him as he made his way towards the wood.

<Fabian> That...sounded promising and Fabian couldn't help but feel intrigued. "Copious amounts of alcohol? Because, I warn you, if you start me on a bender there is a 50% chance this will end in arrest...and we definitely will do something arrestable, that's indisputable."

<@Darren> "Better then booze, since I'm one of those 'lucky' fuck's who can't get drunk," Darren smirked, "We're gonna do some gardening," he said mysteriously.

<Fabian> "You poor bastard." Fabian said once he heard about not being able to get drunk. He wouldn't know what he would do if that wasn't an option for him. Probably a whole lot more boring things. He gave Darren a bit of an incredulous look at the word gardening but, nevertheless, nodded. "All right then."

<@Darren> "See, Ororo, Professor Munro to you, has been saying for ages that she needs these trees here pruning," Darren indicated several ancient, gnarled and thickly branched trees along the edge of the lawn, "but it'll be a pain in the ass to take of those really thick, nearly dead branches conventionally," he pointed and then pulled out a small container from his jacket, opened it and dipped his little finger inside it.

<@Darren> "Why don't we lend a hand?" He took careful aim at a low, thick branch and with a deft flick of his wrist sent whatever it was on his fingertip towards the branch ... which promptly exploded.

<@Darren> Darren grinned like a redneck who'd been given his first monster truck.

<Fabian> Fabian's face was a picture of pure joy. He knew explosives as well as any teenage ex-terrorist could and he was just as excited as one should be. "Nitro?" He asked hopefully, rubbing his hands together.

<@Darren> "Naturally, and no I ain't telling you where I keep it," he held the pot out for Fabian to have a try, "I don't have to tell you how careful you gotta be with this stuff, right?" He checked.

<Fabian> "Oh, I have a working knowledge on how to work with this stuff." Fabian answered, indeed being careful as he got to work. There were few things that wouldn't be cured by explosives, it seemed.

<@Darren> Darren watched the kid work, happy as a ... well, teenager with high explosives and a license to use them without getting in trouble. Ahhh, his good deed for the day ... well actually, for today and tomorrow. Cheering Cortez up and pruning the trees for Ororo were separate deeds after all, "And this is why I'm the best teacher here," he said, smirking and folding his arms.

<Fabian> "I would have to agree with that." Fabian admitted. This did at least make him think a little better about the place although he was sure that if someone in the 'Cortez is a Terrorist' club where to look out and see explosive funtimes they'd probably shit themselves...actually, no, that made things even better.

<@Darren> Darren chuckled, "You've got good aim with that stuff, maybe I should get you to help me out with my bomb disposal lessons?" He remarked, "Not that you need extra credit from what I've seen of your marks."

<Fabian> "When would you need me?" Fabian asked, smiling slightly as speed pruning commenced. "No reason I shouldn't after all."

<@Darren> "I run it ever second Tuesday, provided I'm not called back to base, at about eight in the evening," Darren said, "We've been practicing with fake ones in the DR but some of the kids are getting cocky, figured they needed a reminder of just how serious these things can be ... says the guy pruning trees with nitro," Darren laughed at himself.

<@Fabian> "Any practice is good practice. Plus hey, I can do my best to unsettle the cocky ones for you if you'd like." He volunteered, laughing as more small explosions went off. "They'll be less cocky working with the real thing as well. Anyone can show off when the safety is on."

<Darren> "Unsettle them how? I'll be in a lot of trouble if someone blows themselves up 'cos you snuck up behind them and said 'Boo', man," ... hmm ... the trees were probably pruned enough by now .... but better kep going for a little while to make sure.

<@Fabian> "I mean we might as well put my terrorist reputation to some purpose, right? I promise I won't attempt anything that would make anyone blow themselves up purposefully or accidentally." He held his hand over his heart, laughing all the way through the promise.

<Darren> "Even if it's Jamie?" Darren asked with a raise brow.

<@Fabian> "...that kid shouldn't handle explosives." It didn't seem to phase Fabian that he was actually talking about someone at least two years his senior, still a kid.

<Darren> Darren laughed, "He's not part of my class anyways ... precisely for that reason."

<@Fabian> "Good, I think I'll rest a little easier knowing that," and a part of Fabian, actually, all of Fabian, hoped that Jamie managed to get himself home in time to see fun with explosives.