9/24 Instance: Starking Good News

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

9/24 Instance: Starking Good News

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Hope: Hope curled up a bit on Johnny's bed as she waited for him to get back. She clutched the print out that told her the most remarkable news she had ever heard. However, it was hard to be joyous about much with your best friend missing. She sighed and lay back on the bed. This was so messed up.

Johnny: Slowly making his way down the hall, Johnny wandered back toward his room, mug of tea in hand. Once he made it to the door, he briefly wondered why he'd been worried about spilling it at all. It wasn't like he could be burned. Oh, wait. It'd be a waste of perfectly delicious tea. Johnny stepped into the room and set the mug on the dresser with a collection of others, blinking at Hope, "Oh, hey..."

Hope: Hope sat back up, relieved to see him, and hugged him tightly once he wasn't holding a mug of hot liquid. "Hey." She mumbled against him.

Johnny: Johnny returned the hug as he asked, "What's up?"

Hope: "I miss Jess and I still don't know where she is." She snuggled into him a bit. He was always so warm!

Johnny: "Yeah..." he sighed, "I'm sure she'll turn up."

Hope: "You don't think... Danny?" Hope tiled her head to see Johnny's reaction to her question.

Johnny: "Pfft, no," Johnny shook his head, "I highly doubt he could take her."

Hope: Hope laughed at him and hopped back onto his bed. "You're right. She's pretty tough. I um... that's just kind of the start of things."

Johnny: Now that he was free, Johnny reached for his drink and took a sip, eyebrow going up, "Should I be worried?"

Hope: "Maybe?" Hope gave him a bit of an awkward look. "I may or may not have hacked into the FBI DNA database, Codis."

Johnny: "So... They found out and are on their way to arrest you?"

Hope: "I doubt they know... yet. But you see... I got a hit."

Johnny: "Yeah?"

Hope: "I have a dad." Hope looked down at her paper again.

Johnny: "Well, yes... Everyone has one."

Hope: "I mean.... he's alive. And not likely to have been a donor at a sperm bank."

Johnny: "Well, that's something?" Johnny tried. He wasn't sure what people were supposed to say in this type of situation.

Hope: Hope looked up at him again. "I don't think I should contact him now."

Johnny: "Why? He do something awful?" That's the only reason he could think of for somebody to be in the FBI database.

Hope: "If you count getting elected something awful, yeah."

Johnny: Okay, now he was just confused. "Elected for what?"

Hope: "Johnny... according to Codis... Anthony Stark is my dad."

Johnny: He stared at her for a long moment, setting his mug aside. "You... You mean a different Anthony Stark, right? Not as in...?"

Hope: "I mean Anthony Edward Stark the fucking vice president." She handed him the print out comparing their DNA.

Johnny: Johnny glanced it over even though the only experience he had reading DNA matches came from crime shows, "Huh..."

Hope: "Yeah... I ran it again... 10 times, just to be sure. Same result every time."

Johnny: "Well... I guess I'm not sure you could contact him. I mean, they don't just let people waltz into the White House..." he considered that, adding, "Well, unless they pay for the tour..."

Hope: "We have a SWORD agent married to one of our professors. I don't think it'd be that hard to get in touch with him through Darren or Bobby. I just... don't think it's a good idea."

Johnny: "Why not?"

Hope: "I'm sure he's had several people claiming to have his kids over the years to get his money. Why would he think I was any different?"

Johnny: "Isn't it at least worth a try?"

Hope: "And when he doesn't want anything to do with me?"

Johnny: Johnny shrugged, "Managed all this time without him anyway?"

Hope: But had she managed? She nodded a bit, looking down at his floor. Didn't he ever clean? "I guess so..."

Johnny: "So, try talking to Darren or Bobby?"

Hope: "Why though?" Hope ran her fingers through her hair.

Johnny: "Why not?"

Hope: "Because 'oh hey I'm your long lost daughter. Oh by the way, I'm a mutant and a former horsemen' would go over so well."

Johnny: Johnny rolled his eyes, "Leave that last half out, and it might go well."

Hope: "Wouldn't he know anyway?"

Johnny: "If he does, it'd save you some explaining..."

Hope: "You really think it's a good idea, Johnny?" Hope was doubtful. It could end so badly.

Johnny: "Well, would you rather wonder about what could've happen?"

Hope: Damn Johnny and his logic. She chewed on her lip a bit. "I guess not..."

Johnny: "There you go then." Now that the issue was settled, he reached for his tea once more.

Hope: "Well... will you go with me?"

Johnny: "If you want me to," he answered after a sip.

Hope: "Pretty sure I'll still want you to. I'll talk to Bobby or Darren and see if they can make a meeting happen then." She lay back on his bed with a sigh. "I didn't expect this. I expected just some poor guy who got investigated or something."

Johnny: "I'd say this is far better. I mean... Stark's totally loaded."

Hope: Hope gave him a bit of a shove, careful of his drink. "More to a person than money!" She laughed at him and lay back down on his bed.

Johnny: Johnny smirked, "Oh, yeah... How could I forget all the booze in the world?"

Hope: She rolled her eyes at him. "Surprised you didn't mention the girls that are all our age."

Johnny: "Well, now that you've brought it up..."

Hope: That earned him another eye roll. "Ass."

Johnny: "You walked right into it."

Hope: "I have something you can walk into." She set his mug down and pulled him into a kiss.

Johnny: After returning the kiss, he asked with a grin, "Do you?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 9/24 Instance: Starking Good News

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh-ho!

I see what you did there with those last two lines! ;)

And yeah, poor Tony. Sleeping around before a public political career? Never a good idea. Wonder how Hope is going to like being treated as a bad PR move?