9/22 Instance: Party at Mrs. Honey's

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/22 Instance: Party at Mrs. Honey's

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after [Instance]Sweet Offerings.

Scott: Scott rang the doorbell hefting the bottle of wine under his arm. He'd managed to get most of the oil off and out from under his fingernails. A clean shirt, fresh jeans. He looked presentable. He greeted Paige warmly when she opened the door and handed off the wine. There were people here already. "Hey all."

Clarice: Clarice was sat next to the crate of beer, and waved cheerfully at Scott, "Yo! You're late grease monkey, the party's already started!" She had buffalo wings ... oooh, soooo good!

Adam: Adam looked up from where he was setting out the snacks on a table, grinning widely. "Hey Scott! How's things?" He dusted his hands off. "For you maybe, Clarice." He laughed at his friend.

Jessica: Jess wandered down the stairs, running a hand through her hair. She didn't like to wear it down because it got in the way but apparently it looked nice. She smiled at Scott, "Nice of you to join us."

Scott: "Good, good." He went to help himself to a beer and some wings; they had to be healthy, otherwise Paige wouldn't serve them. "Sorry I'm late. I was putting together a new engine. Hello, Jessica."

Clarice: "I am the party," Clarice cracked open a cool one, "Cheers, Pop brought over the beer, he's the meathead over there," she pointed at the humoungus black man lurking near Paige's oven.

Clarice: The 'meathead' raised an eyebrow at the girl, and Clarice blew a kiss, "Love ya, daddy!"

Scott: Scott raised his bottle in a salute. "How did studying go?"

Adam: "Yeah yeah. Hey Mr Ferguson!" He waved to the man, grinning. "Mom's out back admiring the flowers and Da's probably talking shop somewhere. He's the tall Irish git I get my accent from." He picked up a cup of juice. "Hey Jess! Oh, word to the wise - it's Ken and Kate, don't call them Mr and Mrs Neramani. They get irritated."

Jessica: She made it to the bottom of the stairs and went to get a glass of juice. "Duely noted."

Clarice: "Swimmingly, the biology test on Wenesday is going to get ooooooowned!" She sipped her beer, "Oh, see the lady with the big purple purse and the hair, that's momma," she pointed her out a woman who's ethnicity was hard to pin-point, "She owns the hair salon, she's good."

Adam: "She is, she does my hair - when it gets so scruffy my boss complains, anyway." Adam grinned.

Scott: "Gotcha. I won't be needing those services for a while." He nodded politely at the woman in question.

Jessica: "My parents are sitting over there," she gestured to the living room, "They're 'taking in the atmosphere'." She rolled her eyes.

Scott: "Oh! My parents are coming later - they went out to dinner, but will drop by when they're done."

Clarice: "... The fuck does that mean?" Clarice asked Jess, finishing her beer.

Jessica: "It means they need to be drunk to feel properly sociable in these situations. Don't worry, they're getting there." She shook her head.

Clarice: Clarice barked out a laugh, "Seriously?"

Scott: "They sound stuffy."

Adam: "Hey, mom smokes pot, where do you think I get my taste in clothing from?" He grinned, gesturing to the tie-dye teeshirt over long sleeves hiding his scarred arms and holey jeans. "...Well, that and I'm an art student, but we don't talk about that."

Jessica: "They're british," she pointed out with a small smirk.

Scott: "Ah. I knew I pegged you as being on a London Stage or something."

Jessica: She blushed a little, "Really? I don't think I'm that good...."

Clarice: Yeah ... the brits were known for being all like ... stuffy and stuff, "Yeah, that reminds me, I gotta pick something up from your mom later, Ad," her stash was running low.

Scott: "I saw you at the gym earlier, it was pretty amazing."

Jessica: "Thank you..." she gave him a smile, "That's very nice to say..."

Adam: "Sure thing, I'll let her know to expect you." He grinned at Clarice, hand in his pocket and sipping his juice. He spotted Selena, blushing a little, but decided against going over. Play it cool, dude.

Scott: "Nice words for a nice girl, and all that," Scott said smoothly. "Do you want something to eat? Paige has quite a spread."

Clarice: Hmmm, there was one of the enemy, were was the other one? She'd better not be hanging around Paul ... he was playing teatherball outside with some of the others, and the horsebeast was holding court with the rest of the bimbos ... good, good.

Jessica: She blushed again and laughed softly, "Food sounds good." She nodded.

Scott: Scott went to grab her a plate and returned with a selection of vegetables and fruit. "I wasn't sure what you wanted. I could get some wings - and there's chips with dips too."

Clarice: "Thank's Ad," her buffalo wings were gone? Sadness, "Come on, let's hit the buffet again before the jock's descend," she ask her friend, tossing her empty can into the trash as she went past.

Jessica: "This is fine, thank you." Jess gave him another smile, taking the plate, "I don't eat a lot of meat and I try not to eat processed foods."

Adam: "You read my mind, Clarice." He grinned, patting her on the shoulder. "I'm even hungry tonight, check that for a miracle, though I reckon it's 'cause mom was smoking on the way over."

Clarice: "All the exercise you've been doing too will help, let's get you some carbohydrates!" She made a beeline for the pasta salad.

Scott: "Same here. My parents think I'm crazy."

Adam: "Hey, you guys!" Adam called over the crowd to Scott and Jess. "You guys want anything while we're here?"

Jessica: She laughed, "It took my parents a while to come around. They kept trying to overfeed me because of the dancing. I finally won them over." She held up her plate to show Adam she was already taken care of.

Scott: Scott lifted his heaped plate. "Nah, thanks."

Clarice: "Hell yeah! Cheese, tomato and bacon salad," Clarice cheered for the hostess, shifting to the side so Jean could help herself as well.

Adam: Adam saw and gave them the thumbs-up. "Just let us know if you do, right?" He grinned, before finding himself in possession of a paper plate filled with everything. "Damnit, Clarice, I'm not that skinny."

Clarice: "You're storing energy, eat the pasta, it's delicious," she ordered.

Scott: "So...ballet? You teach, right? I thought I saw you down the street from the shop."

Jessica: Jess weighed her drink and her plate, wondering what to do with one or the other so she could free up a hand. "Yes... I teach a few styles of dance but ballet is my favourite."

Adam: "Okay, okay, eating the pasta - but only because I know you'll force-feed it to me if I don't." Adam laughed.

Clarice: "And Mrs. Honey will make sad faces at you if you don't eat her food," Clarice said, nodding.

Adam: "Mrs Honey cannot beat my cat's disappointed face, trust me."

Scott: "I see." He watched the tetherball match outside briefly. "What other dance do you teach?"

Clarice: "I wish we could have a pet," Clarice sighed, "but momma's got allergies."

Jessica: "Oh so many," she laughed, "Ballroom is popular though and fun."

Scott: "Is that like Dancing With The Stars?"

Adam: "Gonna see if Da'll let me have a rabbit. Want a tiny black one - you know, one of the teacup bunnies?" Adam forked a load of pasta into his mouth. "You can totally come round and pet it like, every day if I get one."

Jessica: She nodded, "Yep that's what it is."

Scott: "What's the point of having such a tiny delicate animal? I like big animals - large dogs, for one."

Scott: "It's not really my thing, Jessica, but it could be fun to try something new."

Clarice: "Oh my god! Those things are adorable!" Clarice gleed at the idea, "they look so snuggleable!"

Jessica: "Oh you'd like lessons?" she smiled, "I'm sure that could be arranged, everyone should at least know how to waltz."

Adam: Adam smiled at Scott. "I like smaller animals. Look at me, a big dog would snap me in half!" He grinned. "Plus I like soft things. They make me feel better." A slight shadow passed over his expression before it was gone. "If I can, come help me pick one out?"

Scott: Scott just arched an eyebrow at the kid. "Isn't it a bit old-fashioned, though? I mean, outside of your dance studio, where would anyone dance?"

Jessica: "There's nothing wrong with being a little bit old-fashioned. You never know, it might help you win a girl's heart someday - it's called 'romance'." she gave him a gentle nudge.

Clarice: "Really? I'd love that! We could snuggle test together!"

Scott: "I haven't had any complaints from my usual romancing."

Jessica: She laughed, "Well then you're very lucky."

Adam: Adam grinned. "Hell yes. Sleepover again? I supply the bunny and the weed, you supply the movies and the booze?"

Clarice: Clarice saluted, "Right on!"

Scott: "Thanks for that," Scott frowned.

Jessica: Jess laughed again and juggled her plate and glass to give him a consoling pat. "You're welcome."

Clarice: Hmmm ... dancing lessons? Prom was coming up and while she'd never really bothered with it before, if her plan came to fruition .... it was something to think about for sure.

Scott: "So...want to go play tetherball?"

Jessica: "Um... I don't think I've ever played... but okay. I can try new things too."

Scott: "You just hit the ball around until it goes all the way

Jessica: "That sounds simple enough." she took a sip of her drink and found somewhere to set her plate, picking up a carrot stick to much on.

Scott: He led her out to the backyard, and to the other tetherball pole. "It must be the latest craze for kids," he mused.

Jessica: "Must be. We'll see if it's fun for adults too." She ran a hand through her hair.

Scott: "Paul seems to be having fun, so I guess so."

Scott: He batted the ball to her. "Ladies first."

Jessica: She caught it, "So what do I do? Just hit it?" she weighed the ball in her hands.

Scott: "Yep, you hit it one way, then I hit it the other, and we try to block the other person's go."

Jessica: "Okay..." she released the ball and hit it so it swung on its little rope around to the other side.

Scott: Scott blocked it and batted it back to her. "Surely you can hit it harder that that?"

Jessica: She hit it back the other way, "Have to warm up first."

Adam: Adam was well ensconsed with Clarice, talking flowers, bunnies and lightly teasing her about Paul as he picked at his food. This was good, a house of friends and family. What could be more perfect than this?

Scott: "Gotcha! Ready? En guarde!" He volleyed the ball back to her, grinning. He hadn't had so much fun in a while.

Jessica: She eeped and ducked that one, it came too fast! She laughed though, it was a fun game and, it seemed, she'd made a friend.