9/22 Instance: A Regular Cup 'O Joe

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/22 Instance: A Regular Cup 'O Joe

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline - The day after 'Community'

<@Adam> Adam was sat in a small, quiet coffee shop in the town centre, hands wrapped around a mess of chocolate, cream and sugar that was coffee if you sort of squinted a bit. He checked his phone, hoping like hell she was going to come - after all, she was one of his friends, she'd help, right?

<Clarice> The extremely leggy and athletic Clarice appeared in the doorway, waving at Adam as she went past to order herself a vanilla frappe. Drink in hand she draped her lean form over the chair opposite and grinned, "Hey Adam."

<@Adam> "Hey Clarice! Oh thank god, you came." He breathed out a sigh of relief. "You okay? I didn't interrupt anything, did I?" He almost asked her if she'd been followed. Hah, what the hell.

<Clarice> "Of course I came, I'd never leave a buddy hanging," she grinned, sipping her drink, "I'm good, I was just studying and stuff you know? How about you?"

<@Adam> That got her an answering grin as he sat back a little. "Me, I'm good...worried, but good." He liked Clarice out of all the sports people - she had a brain, she was nice and she didn't believe in picking on those that didn't deserve it. That said... "Very worried, actually." He rubbed the back of his neck.

<Clarice> "Worried about what?" Clarice scrutinized him.

<@Adam> "Honestly? My date tonight." He sighed. "I know, I know, you're gonna think I'm stupid - hell, a cheerleader agreeing to a date with me?" He took a sip of his coffee. "I know you don't like Selena much, but...I think she might have been serious. What do you think?"

<Clarice> "I think that if she's planning some kinda prank she's gonna get my shot putt to her face," Clarice growled, "the bitch is strong in that one."

<@Adam> Adam smiled a little gratefully. Well, at least he had someone looking after him, but then he and Clarice had known each other for their whole life, really. Even with his little mishaps they'd always been friends. "Yeah, I hear you. Most cheerleaders are like that. And...well...she's not the...most intelligent one out there..."

<@Adam> He took a bit of cream off the top and sucked it off his finger. "But I think she was being serious. Even if she's only after one thing, I don't think she's setting me up for anything...I'd like to think I can spot it if she was." He grinned. "Don't become class nerd and captain of the chess club by being stupid."

<Clarice> "Well, it's up to you what you wanna do, but keep your guard up with her," she advised, "she may not be smart, but she's cunning, like a weasel."

<@Adam> "Pants weasel?" He grinned, but nodded. "I'm going to. Hey, I'm not going into this with blind hope. I know she doesn't have feelings for me - at least I'm pretty sure she doesn't - and well...she's pretty and all but I dunno, I have this little voice telling me there's going to be trouble with her." He chuckled. "I'm at least going to be using protection, don't worry."

<Clarice> "Good!" She didn't like the idea of Adam catching anything .... or Selena reproducing, "Well nothing ventured, nothing gained, and if she turns out to be genuine I will take back some of the things I've said about her," not the bubblehead though, that was the truth after all.

<@Adam> Adam laughed. He liked talking with Clarice. "Well, if she doesn't start being nicer about you, I'll be having words anyway. You're a friend." He shook his head. "My first ever date, Clarice...you know I haven't even worked out what to wear?" He chewed his lip. "She's going to be all dolled up and...I don't think I own a pair of jeans without a hole in them."

<Clarice> A look of panic crossed Clarice' face, "... You don't want me to go shopping with you, do you?"

<@Adam> Adam couldn't help the laugh then. "Hell no! I'm capable of doing that myself now, thanks, don't need big sis to hold my hand." He nudged the bag by his feet. "Already have. New jeans, new shirt..." He shook his head. "And none of it's tie-dyed. Hey, if this doesn't work out I know what my next clothing project's going to be."

<Clarice> Clarice giggled slightly, "I don't think I've ever like ... seen you in normal clothes," awwww, he was so excited! It was kinda adorable.

<@Adam> "Yeah, I know." He smiled at her. "I like being colourful, means you can find me in a crowd." He tucked a strand of messy blond hair behind an ear, slurping more coffee. "Was...hoping I could ask you for a bit of advice though...if you don't mind?"

<Clarice> "Don't swallow chewing guy, the bubbles will end up coming out of your ass," Clarice said, in the tone of someone imparting great wisdom.

<@Adam> "Ah-hah. Ha ha ha." Adam snorted, dead-pan. "Come on, Clarice, I'm being serious...I don't know what to do here. This is the first time someone's so much as looked at me, let alone gone on a date with me."

<Clarice> "Well, you just be yourself," Clarice said, "I know that sounds lame, but you're like, adorkable and good mannered, chicks dig that sorta thing. Be a gentleman."

<@Adam> "I am not adorkable." Adam grumbled. "You really think that'll work? I'll probably just blurt out something about the Golden Ratio or how we're all bits of math floating in art and she'll just give me this...look..."

<Clarice> Clarice decided against pointing out he could probably mention the weather and that would go over her head, "Well, if she's serious, she'd not mind that thing, you just gotta remember to relax and breathe, like when you're running."

<@Adam> "Sooo...no pointing out the fact I'm slightly asthmatic and can't run all that far yet...?" He smiled. "Seriously though. I think I get you. I suppose if everything fucks up I can just babble at her...if nothing else I'm getting a nice meal out of it."

<Clarice> Clarice petted his hand with a chuckle, "Yeah, always look on the bright side, and if it doesn't work out just come over to mine and we'll watch some movies or something?"

<@Adam> "Yeah, if you're not busy with Paul that is." He smirked at her. "Have you actually talked to him yet?"

<Clarice> "Uuuggghhh ... noooo," She sunk back against her chair, "I'm terrified he's gonna friendzone me man, I mean, he could have any girl he wanted, but he's never picked one, that doesn't give me much chance right?"

<@Adam> "Oh no, no, don't you dare." Adam pointed a finger at her over his coffee. "Don't you dare write yourself off before you've even tried, girl. That's not fair."

<Clarice> "I think he's just like ... ridiculously oblivious," Clarice sighed, "I mean, even my parents know I like him. He must the the only person in town who doesn't know that I like him!"

<@Adam> "So talk to him. Tell him. Don't you throw away any chance you might have - hey, he backed out of hanging with the harpy to hang with you, right?" Sluuuuuurp. "Don't write yourself off, Clarice, you're a hell of a girl - I mean, sporty and intelligent? And pretty as hell too? He'd be blind and stupid not to."

<Clarice> "I can't just tell him though, we've been best friends since we were babies!" She flailed, "What if he doesn't feel the same way and it ruins our relationship?"

<@Adam> "What if you don't and he winds up marrying Lucia?" Adam countered. "Need to take the risk, Clarice, and if he's really that good a friend it won't - that's on the very slim chance he says no, mind."

<Clarice> Clarice leaned over and covered his mouth with her hand, "Shussssssh, do not speak of such vile and evil things in this place!" Her Paul marrying that bitch? Never! ".... Okay, be honest with me Ad, do you think he likes me back?"

<@Adam> Adam pushed her hand away, frowning a little. "Well...there's the fact that he looked at but didn't touch Bitchfart, aye? She offered him 'studying' which let's face it would have been a good time for him, and turned it down because you weren't happy with it. You guys hang out like, all the time, he makes excuses to be around you and oh boy does he watch you." He grinned. "I think he does. I'm no mind-reader, Cee, but it looks like he does."

<Clarice> "... Really?" Clarice blushed a little, "So ... you think I could just like ... ask him out then?"

<@Adam> "I think if you don't, you'll kick yourself about it, Clarice." Adam gave her a serious look. "Just try, okay? Let's both do something new and weird and potentially dangerous - I'll go on a date and maybe get a girlfriend for once, you ask Paul and see if it works."

<Clarice> Clarice sat back and took a deep breath, before flashing Adam a thousand watt smile, "It's a deal."