9/21 Instance: Come Into My Parlor

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/21 Instance: Come Into My Parlor

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Jean-Paul> "So...this place is actually a whole lot nicer than I had expected it to be." Jean-Paul observed, looking around the foundation buildings, not really observing the housing to the far west of the complex. It was probably just were the volunteers stayed and he didn't want to think about those people. "Still don't understand why anyone would want to be here, though."

<DrSummers> "It is very nice. I'm surprised. I had a whole other vision of this place..." He looked at the housing too. "People are here on hope, Jean-Paul." He turned in the other direction. "It's a lot bigger than I first thought. Like a whole community."

<LadyLukas> Lukas looked around ," it's nice. It's very weird, but nice. In the way some paintings are nice but weird."

<@Jean-Paul> He rolled his eyes at Scott, not appreciating the message that being made into something you're not was hope. "I'll admit, I am curious to meet this Trask." And glitterbomb him.

<DrSummers> Scott caught the eye-roll but decided not to mention that not everybody liked their mutant gifts. He briefly wondered if he should mention that he'd met the man already. "He's rather...focused. On what, however, remains to be seen."

<LadyLukas> "Focus is a double edged sword. Just enough is wonderful, too much and you're obsessed," she nodded sagely ," I've seen it happen before." She watched her chaperone and tilted her head.

<@Jean-Paul> "Considering the people that go on about the cure I'd say he falls on the far side of the bad I imagine. I'm sorry, this place is just sort of creepy to me, waiting for the catch I suppose."

<DrSummers> "Ay, there's the rub. I' m sure the catch is not going to be a nice one - it rarely is."

<LadyLukas> "Smells a lot like the last time I found something that was too good to be true. Look what that landed people with," she whistled.

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, I doubt it's going to be taking over the world anytime soon."

<DrSummers> "Most likely not. Do you want to go look at the housing? I want to talk to a volunteer."

<LadyLukas> "Make sure they're actually volunteers," she asked ," because that's a thing."

<DrSummers> "Read my mind, Lukas. I want to see how they're being treated. I've been on the receiving end of bad science, and nobody should have to suffer like that." His smile dropped.

<@Jean-Paul> "Surely with enough people working on this there'd be at least one honest person." Jean-Paul frowned though, not even sure if he believes this.

<LadyLukas> "I'm pretty sure at this point we've all been on the receiving end of some bad science. I wasn't joking," Lukas eyed Scott.

<DrSummers> "Neither was I." He pushed his glasses up higher on the bridge of his nose and set off towards the housing area.

<@Jean-Paul> "I'll count the fact that I had to run through a giant ink monster as my bad science." Jean-Paul announced, shuddering at the memory.

<LadyLukas> She nodded and looked around ," Doctor Summers, how much longer do we have to be here? It's unnerving."

<DrSummers> "Not much longer - let's talk to the volunteers to see what's what, then we'll leave, okay?"

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul wasn't sure he wanted to talk to the nutters. "Well, I guess we might as well see what they wanted out of this, huh?" He lead the way towards where the people in charge had asked the volunteers to go.

<LadyLukas> "Yeah....okay," she pouted a bit and walked with them. Looking at JP, she wrinkled her nose.

<DrSummers> "They seem friendly enough," Scott said after waving to one girl who was pulling weeds up from her small front yard; she'd waved back, smiling. "I think I'll just talk to her for a few minutes."

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul glanced around at the people, sure that there had been more people come in here than were currently here. He frowned more, however, as the doors went closed behind him and he could hear the faint chink of a lock.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Re: 9/21 Instance: Come Into My Parlor

Post by wingyding »

:shifty

Good lord, people are dropping like flies.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.