9/21 Instance: Pride and Vengeance

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

9/21 Instance: Pride and Vengeance

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Mr_Nur: Early morning found Mr. Nur walking through the park, suitcases in hand and intent to get to the airport as quickly as he could manage. His hiding under the nose of the people who were looking for him had lasted longer than he had anticipated but now was time to put some distance between him and what he had created.

Rachel: Distance wasn't exactly what he got as Rachel unleashed a wave of telekinetic force in his direction, destroying a good portion of the landscaping in the process. While she didn't have any desire to blow her cover, she wasn't about to let him escape. Plus, she'd learned that hiding was easy enough to manage.

Mr_Nur: Something as bright as your fire shouldn't have to lurk in the shadows now, Phoenix. He chided, standing as steadfast as possible in the blast-wave she had created. He turned to where he believed the source to be, prodding mentally out for her.

Rachel: It somewhat frustrating that somebody could withstand that amount of force. She shifted to stand a bit straighter as she replied, "I think I prefer it."

Mr_Nur: The only reason Nur could even keep his feet was by feeding density into himself to keep him weighed down. "You're not proud of what you are?"

Rachel: Rachel kept up the telekinetic maelstrom, bits of their surroundings swirling through the air, as she considered the question. She felt torn. The voice had an automatic response while the other half battled with the self-doubt. She pushed the latter aside in favor of the former, "After I finish you off, I'm sure I'll be quite proud of myself."

Mr_Nur: "What do you intend to do then?" He asked as conversationally as anyone could in this situation, growing as he spoke.

Rachel: Her expression soured as he increased his size, but she answered just as calmly, "I imagined it'd be obvious."

Mr_Nur: "Okay then, if you succeed, then what?" Revenge was just a tiresome thing to hear about and that wasn't really the part that Mr. Nur found interesting. What would this creation be satisfied with after that would be much more interesting.

Rachel: She hesitated. She hadn't thought that far ahead, which she supposed was hardly surprising because it'd never been a strong point of hers. "There had to be others that helped you."

Mr_Nur: "More revenge? Is that all you are going to use the gift you have been given for?" He couldn't help but find himself a bit disappointed. She might be the best vessel for this level of power they could have found but he wasn't exactly sure she was the best at wielding it just yet.

Rachel: "Guess I'll find out when I get to that point." At this point, there was too much conversation and not enough attempted murder. Rachel lashed at him with her telekinesis while cloaking herself with her telepathy, vaguely aware they were beginning to attract attention.

Mr_Nur: As it was too late to avoid, Mr. Nur found he quite liked the attention, doing his best still to egg his creation on. He had to harden himself to take that blast, surprised at the strength but still pleased as he drew into his strength, seeking her out.

Rachel: She had moved as close to him as she could and threw a punch, augmenting the force with her telekinetic abilities. Fighting him from a distance hadn't worked out last time, so she was hoping a closer range would.

Mr_Nur: The punch actually took the man but surprise but that didn't last long, arms shifting into blade-like extensions, swinging easily at her only to maim, not destroy. She was still too precious for that.

Rachel: Rachel dodged the blades to the best of her ability, hissing as one caught her and pushing him away as hard as she could out of reflex.

Mr_Nur: He stepped back, giving her the space; not completely away, however. Only the strong would survive and even Phoenix would have to fight to be able to do this. "You have to let loose of your weaknesses, Phoenix."

Rachel: Her hand clamped down on where he'd cut her, and she questioned, "Care to enlighten me on what those are exactly?"

Mr_Nur: "I've all ready ended one for you. Have you ever felt as powerful as you do now?" He asked, still standing at the ready for her next move but not yet making one of his own.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't as concerned about her arm or the question as she felt the anger she'd been repressing boil over at the mention of Josh. She took him by the throat with her telekinesis and squeezed. Everyone had to breathe, right?

Mr_Nur: One of the blades went away and Mr. Nur again tapped into his strength, swinging at her with all of what he had. She was not ready but soon, hopefully, she would prove to be a worthwhile creation, something that would have what was needed to survive.

Rachel: Half-expecting to be hit in the face, Rachel was pleasantly surprised when she realized she'd shielded herself from the blow, sparing a quick look around. She uprooted a tree, deciding it was the only worthwhile weapon in the area, and took a swing at him in return.

Mr_Nur: "Better, but you're capable of so much more." He took to the air to avoid the the swing, the park lighting up now with the lights of the police and the news crews coming in to see what mutant headline they would get to plaster on the morning news.