9/14 Instance: Bagel Patrol

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/14 Instance: Bagel Patrol

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Clarice> "-So now I'm not allowed to patrol with Mel anymore in case I bring home more animals and we're on jet cleaning duty for a month and our allowance was docked to pay for damages and replacing everything in the staff snack cabinet," Clarice finished, teleporting a kid wo tried to run away back to her and laying him out with a straight punch to the nose.

<Clarice> Their patrol had been relatively quite until they'd happened upon an armed gang of kids attempting to mug two girls.

<@Jean-Paul> All of this mugging happening was interrupting Jean-Paul's traditional patrol bagel time, too but he could quickly run the assailants to the cops and back, still nibbling on his favourite snack. "Well, at least that was all that happened when he got out. It's a wonder he didn't rut through every bit of the dorms."

<Clarice> "I think he just had like ... this instinct that all small animals and children have of knowing exactly what to do and where to get thier owners in the most trouble," Clarice grabbed a purse from one of the stunned muggers and stuck a post it to his chest that read 'This is a bad man, love X-Men' before teleporting him to the station.

<Clarice> She handed the bag back to the ladies with a smile, "There you go, make sure you head down to the station to let the cops know what happened, okay?"

<@Jean-Paul> "You have to wonder what people think when they see us coming. It has to be pretty weird on their end, doesn't it?" Jean-Paul paused to amuse as people were shuffled through the portal to give statements. "I mean, we either make or ruin someone's day just be showing up."

<@Jean-Paul> "I don't know, I figure that's probably one of the lesser things that would have gotten you in trouble. He didn't get anything that couldn't be replaced."

<Clarice> "So long as we only ruin the bad guy's day," Clarice shook out her hand and checked her quiver, she was still good for crystals but the green armbands of her patrol uniform were starting to look a little worse for the wear after that.

<Clarice> "Yeah, you got a point I guess, it's just ... heck, the staff room? It's like the little guy wanted to be caught," she stretched and then glanced at his hand, "... Wait ... you were eating during all that?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Hell, the staff room's barely a staff room, everyone goes in and out of that thing." Jean-Paul shrugged, taking another bite of bagel. "Hey now, this is my bagel time. It's sacred and I stop for no man."

<Clarice> "Well I think that puts an end to all those people saying men can''t multi-task, you can kick butt and eat at the same time," Clarice smiled at her best friend, "do I get sacred bagel time, or is that a Northstar only privilege?"

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul held out the bag of bagels to her from his bag. "Just realize that I'm going to eat most of them but I always try to get extra. There's a variety in there, too...I'm out of the cheese ones though."

<Clarice> "Sadness," Clarice mock pouted as they started to amble away to continue their patrol, rummaging in the bag till she found a poppy seed flavoured one, "So, I saw Mick the other day looking traumatized ... well, more then usual," she gave Jean-Paul a shifty look, "What did you do to him?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, first he teleported in during me and Reed just having loungey together time shirtless and had a bit of an overspaz about that, not a big one, just ran into the shower...and since he was hiding and we figured he'd go through the other room to get out or just teleport he walked in on some more, not much more but still."

<Clarice> "... Haaaa!" Clarice loud out a loud laugh, "Oh my gosh! You guys must have scarred him for life!" She giggled, "though I would have thought he'd have learned never to teleport into a dorm room ... I learned that last year with Riko when she had An-" her shoulders drooped slightly, "had Ankka over," Ankka who still hadn't woken up ...

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, shit happens I guess." Jean-Paul gave a laugh, finishing off his bagel. "I'm sure it's not the last awkward encounter people around here are going to have, especially people with our kind of power set. I'm surprised I've not flown by more sights."

<Clarice> "Well you're not really looking for it when you're zooming about right?" Clarice said, sounding a little drained as the incident with Remy played on her mind, she wouldn't feel half so bad about it if Ankka would just wake up.

<@Jean-Paul> "Well no, but super-speed means I also take things in at super-speed so if I zoomed about it I'd also notice it."

<Clarice> Determined to stay cheerful Clarice forced a smile to her face, "Alright then ... what's the worst thing you've ever flown past and spotted then?"

<@Jean-Paul> "I'll just call it geriatric shenanigans." Jean-Paul answered, pulling a face. "I've quit running by retirement homes."

<Clarice> "... Ewwwww!" Clarice flailed and stuck her tongue out, "I don't blame you! Okay ... the worst I ever teleported into witnessing was tramp mattress sex," she shuddered, "I felt sooooooo unclean after that!"

<@Jean-Paul> "...wait."

<@Jean-Paul> "You mean tramp on tramp on a mattress...or do you just mean tramp and a mattress?"

<Clarice> "It was a very old mattress, lots of holes," Clarice told him in a quiet tone of pure horror.

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul couldn't help but laugh at the very idea. Well, when you're desperate any hole would do if things were going that badly. "...did he call it Sealy?"

<Clarice> "I didn't hang around to ask him," Clarice said, chuckling a little to and finishing her bagel off, surreptitiously trying to sneak her hand into the bag for a second one.

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul simply handed her the bag again. "In my mind he definitely called it Sealy." He nodded, smirking widely.

<Clarice> Clarice gave another rummage, coming up trumps with a plain bagel, "I'm so glad I made your life all the brighter with that little mental image," her laughter was cut off by a sudden yell of 'Holy fuck! It's her!" and an empty beer can bouncing off the side of her head, leaving a shallow cut across the darker pink markings on her cheek, "Owch!"

<@Jean-Paul> "Oh for fuck's sake." Jean-Paul caught the can easily enough, turning back towards the voices and giving it a toss in his hand.

<Clarice> Clarice winced at touched her cheek as the group of drunks outside the bar across the street started to jeer and curse her, "Fuckin' mutie whore! You shouldda got the chair for what you did!" "Yeah! Freak bitch! You and the rest of your fucking kind!"

<@Jean-Paul> "You just stay here." It was an easy run. The police didn't question drop offs for the drunk tank too much and there weren't too many of them so Jean-Paul could carry them off quickly enough. Plus he wasn't gone but for a moment.

<Clarice> Clarice didn't say anything, just held her hand to her cheek and stared at her feet. The drunks attempted to fight of the speeder as he carried them off, but even without his mutation that wouldn't have been able to do much against the much fitter man. When Jean-Paul reappeared she just sighed.

<@Jean-Paul> "I'd say that's probably enough for patrol, wouldn't you?" He asked, dusting his hands off and setting back into his slower pace.

<Clarice> Clarice nodded, smiling at him ruefully, "They're just idiots ... right?" She asked, dropping her hand from her cut cheek.

<@Jean-Paul> "Most people are. Us woefully clever people are very rare, it's disappointing at times but somehow we'll get through."

<Clarice> Clarice wrapped her arms around him for a quick hug, "And us clever people gotta stick together, right?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Of course, why else do I keep you and Reed around?" Jean-Paul answered, ruffling her hair fondly. "Home time?"

<Clarice> She let him go and nodded, "Home time," she affirmed, opening a portal for them. She'd be okay so long as she had her friends around to keep her straight about stuff.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Re: 9/14 Instance: Bagel Patrol

Post by wingyding »

Awww, this was kind of sweet, JP being all defending and chivalrous.