9/12 Instance: Bad Social Skills Theater

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

9/12 Instance: Bad Social Skills Theater

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Elixirless

Rachel: Rachel had migrated to the kitchen when she reached the point where she couldn't stand to be in their room. She supposed she likely should have tried sleeping before the migration, but she'd resigned herself to the fact that it probably wasn't going to happen. Instead, she'd made herself a pot of coffee. ...Though, her cups were more sugar with a side of coffee.

Rachel: She slumped over the table and pulled the ring off her finger, turning it over a few times. Maybe she could go out and search later.

Jessica: Jess pulled into the garage and parked up, turning off the engine. Ah home. She headed for the door to the mansion, taking her shoes off once she was inside and heading for the kitchen as she pulled the pins from her hair. She came to a stop in the doorway with a surprised yelp as she saw someone else in the kitchen. That was... unusual.

Rachel: Rachel dropped the ring, cringing as it clattered against the tabletop, and narrowly avoided knocking her cup of coffee over as she straightened in surprise. Luckily, she also avoided breaking anything with her telekinesis. She let out a ragged breath, quickly reaching up to scrub at her face. Maybe she could manage to look like she hadn't been flipping out all evening.

Jessica: "Sorry... I just... you surprised me...." She set her shoes down near the door and moved to the kettle while she took out the rest of the pins.

Rachel: "I... Yeah, same..." Rachel replied with a heavy sigh. She pulled her hands away from her face to slip the ring back onto her finger and squinted at the clock. She hadn't really expected any company, though she supposed she should have known better.

Jessica: Jess chewed her lip a little, "Do you want tea?"

Rachel: Sitting back in her seat, she vaguely gestured to her mug, mumbling, "Have coffee."

Jessica: "I know... tea's just nicer," she smiled over her shoulder and moved to ready her own cup for when the water was heated.

Rachel: Rachel simply shook her head. No, it was not.

Jessica: While she waited for the water she went to the fridge for a snack. There was never much actual food at these things. "Want anything while I'm here?"

Rachel: "I'm fine," Rachel answered, reaching for her drink. She didn't feel all that hungry.

Jessica: "Okay..." she found some chicken, eggs and a few vegetables. Taking out the cheese, she decided and omelette sounded good and moved to start chopping things up. "Can't sleep?"

Rachel: After setting her drink back down, she placed her elbows on the table and let her face fall into her hands as she answered, "Yeah."

Jessica: "You know.... sugary coffee isn't going to help that much..."

Rachel: "It isn't supposed to."

Jessica: "Oh so it's not that you can't sleep, more that you don't want to." She nodded.

Rachel: "I don't want to, and I likely couldn't even if I tried."

Jessica: "Well I could suggest a few things if you wanted to..." she tipped her sliced vegetables into the pan then went to pour water into her mug.

Rachel: Rachel let out another sigh, "It's fine. I wasn't really planning on sleeping."

Jessica: "That's not going to work, you'll have to sleep eventually..." she stirred the vegetables around.

Rachel: "I think by that point I'll just pass out and trying won't be an issue."

Jessica: "Well I could probably help with that too..." she offered, only half joking.

Rachel: Rachel peered at the other girl through her fingers as she debated on a reply, settling on, "I wouldn't recommend trying it."

Jessica: "Obviously only if you wanted me to, I'm not about to randomly attack you... that'd get me in trouble."

Rachel: "It definitely would," she agreed. In fact, she'd probably end up in trouble as well.

Jessica: "And it'd likely lose me a friend which would suck," she nodded sagely, whisking the eggs before adding them to the pan too.

Rachel: "Most likely more than that," Rachel replied, considering she hadn't had a very good grasp on control for a while.

Jessica: "Well it probably won't happen so I guess there's no sense worrying about that." she grated some cheese over her omelette before folding it, leaving it to warm in the middle and melt the cheese while she put what she hadn't used away.

Rachel: She pulled her face from her hands, raking one through her hair. That probably wasn't very reassuring to her because it didn't rule it out as a possibility. "My husband's missing," she shared, figuring that'd likely explain everything.

Jessica: "Oh... I'm sorry... Xavier can't find him with his magic eight ball?" She finished up making her tea after sliding her omelette onto a plate and turning off the stove.

Rachel: She snorted, managing a slight smirk, "Well, Bobby did mention he has a knack for not being able to find people we're looking for."

Jessica: "Mmhmm... figures..." she sat down with her food and started to eat. "How long has he been missing?"

Rachel: "Just today..." she glanced at the clock again and corrected herself with a slight frown, "Well, since yesterday."

Jessica: "How did that happen?" she frowned. More and more this place became unsafe. She couldn't help thinking that they lured people under false pretenses then trapped them here with obligation.

Rachel: Rachel turned her gaze to the table, shrugging a little, "I wish I knew."

Jessica: "No signs of a struggle or anything....?"

Rachel: "Just didn't come home," she shifted a bit uncomfortably, "Waited a bit before I went to get Bobby..."

Jessica: She frowned again, "Maybe... maybe he's not missing so much...."

Rachel: Her gaze snapped to Jess, trying to decide if the other girl was actually implying what she thought she was.

Jessica: Jess didn't think she needed to elaborate and calmly took another bite.

Rachel: Rachel decided it probably wasn't a good idea to debate how many ways she could kill a person with telekinesis and a fork... or the remains of an omelette. At that implication, she was likely to attempt murder.

Jessica: Jess glanced over at her as the silence stretched on and raised an eyebrow.

Rachel: "I highly doubt that's the case, and if it is he'll wish he was legitimately missing," she ground out.

Jessica: "Well I'm just saying... it's an option... and it'd explain the lack of finding him by Xavier... maybe doesn't want to be found..." she gave a shrug as she finished off her food.

Rachel: "No, it's not an option," Rachel shook her head.

Jessica: She gave another shrug, "If you say so."

Rachel: "I do because it's not. Why the fuck would he just disappear?" Well, anger was better than the constant anxiety. For her, anyway. She wasn't positive how well it'd work out for Jess.

Jessica: "I don't know, I've never met him and I barely know you." Though she wouldn't blame him right now.

Rachel: Her jaw clenched as she caught the thought, and she moved to get up before she did make the fork into a weapon, taking her mug to the sink.

Jessica: "Personally I think that's a better thought than someone taking him but maybe that's just me...."

Rachel: She dumped what was left in her mug, cringing a bit as it shattered in her hand. At least she'd made it to the sink first.

Jessica: Jess flinched at the sudden loud noise, "Careful..."

Rachel: "I think you're the one that needs to be more careful," Rachel advised.

Jessica: "Me? Why? I'm not the one breaking mugs in the sink."

Rachel: "Because I'm half-tempted to do to your head what I did to the mug."

Jessica: She blinked, "Why? Because I have an opinion?"

Rachel: Rachel dropped the handle of the mug into the sink with the rest of the shards and leaned a hip against the counter, hand going through her hair, "Maybe because I don't even want to consider the possibility that he could have left me... which I suppose you're right. It's an improvement, considering my thoughts are more geared toward him being experimented on or dead."

Jessica: "It's still better than considering the other two options and I'm not going to change my position on that but I suppose I can apologise for speaking my mind, again."

Rachel: "Well, you'd have to have one of those in order to speak it."

Jessica: Jess blinked at her, "Are you suggesting I don't? Or was that a not-so-thinly veiled threat?"

Rachel: "I don't think I was suggesting. I was more stating."

Jessica: "What? Because my opinion's not the same as yours that makes me stupid?"

Rachel: "Oh, no. The lack of having a brain to think before you speak makes you kind of stupid."

Jessica: "I'm perfectly capable of thinking before I speak but I don't see why I should have to censor myself."

Rachel: "I could never imagine why it'd be a good idea to censor just a little when it comes to somebody going missing," she sarcastically shot back as she rolled her eyes.

Jessica: "So you'd rather I just agreed with you that he's probably dead? Or worse?"

Rachel: Rachel was starting to wish she'd just stayed in their room to sulk because dealing with the fact Josh was gone was far better than dealing with the fact he was gone on top of wanting to scrape a student's face off with her fork. "You don't have to agree, but you could disagree without suggesting he just left. I'd totally take an 'it's going to be okay' speech far better, as much as I'm likely to hear that the next few days."

Jessica: "Well what else am I going to be suggesting if I disagreed?"

Rachel: "Um, maybe suggesting nothing would've been better?"

Jessica: "What the hell else am I supposed to have said?" She was finished her food now and tapped her fork on the plate in irritation.

Rachel: "I don't know. You claim you aren't stupid - try thinking of something," she suggested as if it was the most obvious answer in the world, adding, "Or, y'know... Shut up."

Jessica: She really was starting to think her suggestion was the right suggestion with ms bad attitude. "You're the one carrying on talking about it with your threats and insults."

Rachel: "In a minute, they won't just be threats," Rachel assured her.

Jessica: "Oh yes because that's mature." She rolled her eyes, dropping her fork onto her plate and picking up her tea.

Rachel: She snorted, shaking her head, "I'm not exactly known for being mature."

Bobby: How in the world they had run out of soda in the boathouse, he had no idea, but his thirst was great so it called for a run to the mansion. Opening the back door, he came into the kitchen whistling, then skidded to a halt. "Ladies! Hey!"

Jessica: Jess yelped at the sudden appearance of Bobby, but she found a smile anyway. "Hey yourself, what are you doing up at this time?"

Bobby: "Busy. Got things to go, people to do. You know." He turned on a grin and leaned over to give Rachel a loud kiss on the cheek on his way to the fridge. "Also, out of soda."

Jessica: She shook her head, actually having a sip of tea now. "And this couldn't wait 'til a reasonable hour of the day?" she arched an eyebrow and eyed him.

Rachel: Rachel managed a slight grin at the kiss and decided to go about cleaning up the glass. Staying silent was likely safer. Plus, she couldn't stab someone with a witness.

Bobby: "Nope." Bobby disappeared into the fridge, rummaging. Not at all, because he had a date with Lorna tonight.

Jessica: "Well okay then." she laughed a little, eyeing the sink that was still full of broken mug and had a cranky mc bitchy in the way.

Bobby: "Score!" Bobby came up with some sweet caffeine and popped the lid as he kicked the door closed. He noticed Rachel was cleaning up glass and frowned. "Everything okay?"

Rachel: "Just had a teke incident," Rachel answered, giving Jess a shove out of her chair as she caught the thought.

Jessica: Jess let out a yell as she toppled from her seat, tea going everywhere.

Bobby: Head whipping from Rachel to Jess, he went to the girl on the floor to help her up. "Are you okay?"

Jessica: Jess accepted the help, glaring at Rachel as she got to her feet and wiped some of the tea off her dress. "I'm fine." she ground out. She did that on purpose!

Bobby: He noticed the dagger eyes and sighed, reaching for the counter and fetching a towel for Jess. "An accident like that? What's going on?"

Jessica: Apparently crazy pants over there likes to attack students unprovoked. This makes two now. That wouldn't go down well so she continued to glare at Rachel as she tried to dry off.

Rachel: "Just a bit like that," Rachel replied as she glared back, adding, "And, no, that answer wouldn't go down well."

Jessica: Jess narrowed her eyes at Rachel, "Well it's true. And stay out of my head."

Rachel: "Make me."

Jessica: Jess put the towel on the table as electricity crackled around her other hand.

Rachel: She switched to her other form.

Bobby: Completely lost, Bobby stepped between the women. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What the hell?! Knock it off!"

Jessica: Jess lowered her hand with the charge in when Bobby stepped in the way, but didn't release the charge at all.

Rachel: Rachel reluctantly changed back to normal as Bobby moved between them, scowling. She offered the explanation, "She decided to imply Josh is missing because he left me."

Bobby: He sighed, relaxing slightly, and gave Jess a pained look. "I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it, Rae..." He looked between the two women again.

Jessica: "I still think it's better than the alternative." she replied, releasing the charge and flexing her fingers a little. "Dead, labrat or alive somewhere and hiding? Which would you prefer?"

Rachel: "Nice to know that you can still think," she muttered.

Jessica: "No thanks to you, I'm sure."

Bobby: "Jess..." Bobby gave her a pleading look this time, then whipped to look at Rachel. He narrowed his eyes to study her, thinking of Jason.

Rachel: "Well, I could fix that," she snapped.

Bobby: "Knock it off!" He yelled at both of them, ready to shift to ice if he had to.

Jessica: "If she apologises for shoving me out of my chair I'm prepared to let it go."

Rachel: "I'm not apologizing for anything."

Jessica: "Well then I guess I'm staying angry."

Rachel: "Good for you."

Bobby: "That's nice." Bobby looked at Rachel again. "You done here? I could use your help with something."

Jessica: "If you need to break things or attack students for no reason, she's your girl." Jess rolled her eyes and turned for the door, picking up her mug from the floor, fortunately not broken.

Bobby: He shot her a look saying she clearly wasn't helping.

Rachel: "Far from it," Rachel answered, "But what do you need?"

Jessica: Jess set her mug down on the table by her plate, she'd get those in a few hours when she woke up.

Bobby: "What I need is to talk to you, about things more important than a misunderstanding." He was seconds from putting his hands on her to haul her out of the kitchen.

Jessica: Misunderstanding? Nope. Rachel had totally got what she was implying. Probably sucked that right out of her head too.

Rachel: She took a deep breath, resisting the urge to rip what little brain Jess had from her head, and nodded, "Fine."

Jessica: Jess picked up her shoes from where she left them and stepped into the hall, hoping Bobby would still have a brain in the morning.

Rachel: It was a miracle she managed to pass up the opportunity to shove her over again. Once Jess was gone, she turned her attention to Bobby, raising an eyebrow.

Bobby: He raised one right back. "Really?"

Rachel: "Yeah, really," she replied irritably. She decided to get another mug and finish off the coffee.

Bobby: Bobby retrieved his own drink and leaned against the counter. "You two are like... battle of the bad social skills theater."

Rachel: She bit down on her lip before admitting, "That's one way of putting it."

Bobby: "You're stressed out and upset and she... well she doesn't know you. She shouldn't have said anything like that, but ... she's still learning filters." He sighed and scrubbed his hand through his hair before taking a drink. It was way too early for this.

Rachel: "Well, it's been a while since the last time I felt like strangling her, so how long does it take?"

Bobby: Bobby gave her a sheepish smile at that. "A while, apparently?"

Rachel: She tried really hard not to grin and gave him a light shove as she rolled her eyes.

Bobby: That made him grin and wrinkle his nose at her.