9/5 Instance: Buy a Better Bagel

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

9/5 Instance: Buy a Better Bagel

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Jean-Paul> "And this," Jean-Paul stated grandly, flourishing his hand at the entrance of the cafe, "is the best spot I've found yet for coffee and bagels. I'd say that calls for a little break, yeah? Is there any other place you'd like to go before?"

<Jolen> "Nein- I mean no, I could do vith food actually this morning has been quite busy." He chuckled at the grand flourish and pushed the door open. A careful set of bandanas hid most of his hair and his chin while darkened glasses hid his weird eyes. "Thank for this Jean-Paul, I think I'd have been lost vithout you."

<@Jean-Paul> "Well hey, I run the streets a good deal, makes sense I should show someone around, right?" He laughed, shrugging and making his way inside. "So what do you think of everything? I guess you're settling in pretty well yeah?"

<Jolen> "I'm very glad I asked now." It was nice being a little more covered up as it stopped a majority of the staring; aside from children. They noticed everything. "It is confusing at times and hard understanding people, but I think I'm doing well it's more a case of changing the world I remember as a child into a more vell adult version."

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul give a little immature chuckle at the idea of it being an 'adult' version. Well, that might be saying something. "I imagine things are plenty different. Hell, you should be having culture shock even with out that."

<Jolen> "Your telling me, I remember a city being tiny compared to this, and phones were these hulking things you had to stick a finger in a dial to do the numbers and tv's were tiny, now tv's cover valls and phone's go in your pocket...." He sighed a little and found a table. "I'll learn to cope though, I don't want to leave here, not vith everything I've gained."

<@Jean-Paul> "Just embrace it, all in all life's not that bad." Plus, life had bagels. Jean-Paul ordered an assortment of them and coffee, going towards the table. "Anything particularly hard though?"

<Jolen> "Not really I'm mean it's just a case of repeating things till I learn them.... the only real hard thing is well learning how to talk to people properly now, I keep saying the wrong things and missing jokes you know little things..." Jolen sat down down, slumping as much as he could in the seat.

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, that happens to everyone that moves to a new place as different as where you were so you're probably not even alone at that." he offered as a means of comfort. "And I'm pretty sure people can translate once in a while if you like."

<Jolen> "I'm glad of that, it's not the translating more the social cues like learning personal space and such." Giving in the bandana around his neck came off it was just to hot. "I'm just very lucky everyone is so understanding and helpful. So vhat are these bagels, they look like doughnuts I got try those the other day."

<@Jean-Paul> "A good deal more substantial and not sweet." He answered, moving his hands to give the dimensions of said bagels. "And delicious, of course. I won't take you to bad food." After all, Jean-Paul liked to think he knew good food. "Getting lots of help? Good."

<Jolen> "I can imagine not, vhats the point of going somewhere with bad food? it's a waste of money. Especially when I'm living off the allowance from Xavier." And Jolen was all for trying good food. "Yes, Jessica has been quite helpful as she is going through similar things to me and Adam has been even more helpful as he's been explaining everything others seem to be awkward about with me."

<@Jean-Paul> Not going to smirk, not going to smirk. Jean-Paul smirked. "Awkward, hmm? Have people been holding back with you then? I imagine both are pretty helpful then."

<Jolen> "Yes they've both been very nice and helpful, I vouldn't say holding back but I think they expect to explain certain things to someone half my age rather then me." He smiled along with JP even if he didn't know why the other was smiling.

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think that sometimes everyone needs points of that explained to them once in a while. I trust Adam's doing a pretty good job of things though."

<Jolen> He chuckled then, genuinely much happier then he had been in the forest. "He's doing a brilliant job actually, he so patient with me and just explains everything whenever I'm stuck, never complains when I can't find the right English. He even sat down and explained all the triffid and hentai jokes for me."

<@Jean-Paul> "Yeaaaah, I imagine the hentai was quite something to talk about." Ahha, and there were the bagels, good. Jean-Paul ripped into one of the asiago ones almost as soon as they sat down. "So what do you think of Adam then?"

<Jolen> "I like Adam, he's very funny and wonderful to talk to. It was a scary conversation honestly." He chuckled a little and gestured at the bagels. "May I try one? Also there is nothing he won't talk about or help me with, I'm very lucky to have him as a friend considering how little he's a people person."

<@Jean-Paul> "They're for you as well." He pushed the tray forward, taking a sip of his coffee. "Yeah, it takes a bit to know Adam at times. It can be tricky."

<Jolen> "Thank you Jean-Paul." Taking one to try, Jolen tore little bits off to nibble at. "Yes he is .... complicated, but it's not so bad we have a lot in common it seems including our pasts. It is just a case of taking time and talking right?"

<@Jean-Paul> He gave Jolen a knowing and smug smirk. "Yes, though I'm pretty sure the two of you'll manage just fine. He need someone to be patient with him as well."

<Jolen> He frowned a little at the look then. "I have lots of patience, all the years in my forest have taught me that and if he can have patience with me I can have it for him for everything he does for me."

<@Jean-Paul> Oh that was just adorable. Jean-Paul tried to wipe the smirk off of his face. "That's good to hear. You two make quite the team then."

<Jolen> "Yes I guess we do, the nice thing is his little pet rabbit likes me to, apparently it normally bites everyone but it hasn't with me." Finding the bagel to taste more then nice, he started to bite into it properly. "So how long have you know Adam?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Since I came here." He answered between bites, chuckling as he remembered meeting Adam on the plane. "We didn't quite get along at first. You can understand I'm a bit of a strong personality to take."

<Jolen> "I don't know we've been getting along alright all morning I hope at least." Thinking for a moment he looked up at JP figuring the man would be honest with him. "As you've known him so long vould you say he's a touchy person or not?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Touchy as in prone to mood swings or touchy as in actual touch?"

<Jolen> "I mean actually touching people, I know about the mood swings I have already had to deal with one of them."

<@Jean-Paul> "He can be." Jean-Paul answered. "It all depends on who it is and his mood but I imagine you'll be just fine to do so." Nooo, Jean-Paul wasn't pushing and meddling at all!

<Jolen> "Well I was most asking because he is very touchy with me not that I mind at all, but I've noticed he is not one to be touched by others and most others in the school aren't nearly as touchy with each other, I vanted to know if it was normal as we seem to be cuddling a lot."

<@Jean-Paul> "You just keep cuddling. If the two of you enjoy it why stop?" Jean-Paul answered, still hiding his smirk. "You don't have to worry at all what other people are doing, after all."

<Jolen> "No I don't want it to stop... I don't know really, guess I'm just worried I'm going to mess things up with people especially with Adam after everything. I enjoy my time with him a lot and watching films in his nest, I don't want to be and idiot and ruin it you know?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Trust me when I say you'll be just fine to continue...though eventually you should bring it up to Adam? I think you might be ready for another few things explained by him."

<Jolen> Jolen frowned then between bites, finishing his bagel before giving JP a look. "What do you mean?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, you seem to be pretty set on cuddling Adam specifically, hmm?"

<Jolen> "Vell we like cuddling, and it just happens. No one else wants to and I rather enjoy it just with Adam anyway."

<@Jean-Paul> "Then that's good enough." Jean-Paul raised his coffee to that, downing it. "About ready for part two of our tour?"

<Jolen> "Sure." Crumbs picked off the plate he wiped his hands on the napkin. "If we get hungry again later can we find somewhere that does Ice cream? I haven't had any in so long." Head tilting at JP a little for well everything but he assumed he'd get used to the weird little gestures from the man.

<@Jean-Paul> "Absolutely. I'll definitely get hungry later." He was up and clearing things away in a second, grabbing another bagel for the road. "Shall we then?"

<Jolen> "Ja." Standing up, he replaced the bandana and pulled itover his chin, stretching a little he had to resist the urge to scratch at the healing tattoo on his back or the sore nipples.

<@Jean-Paul> Behind them now one of the patrons for the cafe looked up, watching them leave before going to the bulletin board at the entrance, slipping up an information sheet for the Trask Foundation and heading out.