8/29 Instance: It's a Girl!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/29 Instance: It's a Girl!

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Lorna> "This is...the second weirdest thing I've seen today." Lorna frowned, looking at the toy aisles ahead of them. Rows upon rows of pink, sparkle, and ponies seemed to be waiting for her with their little painted on eyes turned to her as if this were a picture just begging to have 'Soon' written at the bottom.

<Bobby> "It's... really, really pink." Bobby himself was a little stunned, since he'd never had cause to visit the girly aisles before. But now he did. They were having a daughter.

<Bobby> All the pink, however, now gave him pause. He tilted his head, looking down at what seemed to be a pink lemur with the biggest eyes he'd ever seen. "What if she comes out pink?"

<@Lorna> "I guess then she'd probably like Clarice and Callie best out of the students?" Lorna gave a shrug as she made herself step down the first aisle. Had she had this much pink? "...for the sake of variety I think we should just get a few choice items and then run to a side of the store that doesn't slightly scare us."

<@Lorna> "...the lemur is especially terrifying though." She wasn't sure if that was better or worse.

<Bobby> Bobby picked up the lemur and wrapped its tail around his neck like a boa. He duckfaced at her.

<@Lorna> "That is...that's something...okay, fine, but we'll just hope she doesn't like it that much so we can get rid of it sooner, yeah?"

<Bobby> "Aww, but it likes you." Bobby moved closer and chittered the toy at her a bit. "And I bet little Leia in there will love it." He crouched in front of her belly and flicked the tail at the bump. "Right, princess?"

<@Lorna> "I've warned you, it can't be Leia. That'd...be too creepy with the bikini jokes." She laughed at the display though, giving her belly a little pat.

<Bobby> Bobby grinned up at her and ran his own hand over her belly as he straightened. Things had been so much better the last few days. "Hmm. Padme is too weird even for me." Keeping the lemur, he looked over a display.

<@Lorna> Lorna tried to keep a serious face as she made her next suggestion. "Hana." She snorted though, shaking her head. "We'd keep having to correct the pronunciation though, wouldn't we?"

<Bobby> Bobby cackled. "Mon Mothma. Go expanded universe! Or... I forget the name of the Jedi chick with the tentacles..."

<@Lorna> "Adi Gallia? We could probably get away with calling her Adi with nobody else getting it, too."

<Bobby> "Also handy if she comes out looking like a squid." Bobby picked up a Barbie doll, looked at the price, blinked and put it back. "Did you see the look on Hank's face when I asked about tails, horns, and wings?"

<@Lorna> "I'm still disappointed I'm not having a baby that can become mist or some kind of semi-solid, personally. That'd make the whole end game of this baby business a whole lot easier, you know." She hoped though that their baby didn't have tentacles. All the other kids would make fun of her with hentai jokes and they'd have to explain them.

<Bobby> Bobby scrunched his nose at her in a fit of sympathy. "Yeah... that would be handy. And considering I can do it... maybe she can and just doesn't know it?" Bobby leaned down to address her stomach again. "Does daddy need to teach you some early skills?"

<@Lorna> "That would be awesome...I'm not sure how to teach that in-womb though. She might fall out early." There was nothing quite like the idea of your baby misting out of you, either, and Lorna wasn't sure if that was a story they wanted to tell their girl later.

<@Lorna> "Just as long as she's not a chest-burster."

<Bobby> Bobby stopped his cooing at her belly to look up at Lorna with a completely horrified expression. "Ew." He patted her belly again, then stopped when he felt a kick. "See, she's even scared of that."

<@Lorna> Scared or prepping her path? Lorna eyed her belly with an air of distrust. "Well, then we can agree not to go that way." Damn but the squirming was just unsettling.

<Bobby> The squirming would never get old for Bobby. He had a dopey grin on his face as he followed the movement with his hand. "I'll give her some misting lessons in the last month then," he nodded. "Just don't freeze mommy, okay?"

<@Lorna> Lorna imagined being iced from inside out. "Maaaaybe we should just let her come out however she pleases...because that sounds horrifying."

<Bobby> "Maybe she's a teleporter." With a final kick, the baby seemed to calm down, so Bobby went back to the toys. "Though that's more likely to happen to Illyana, I suppose."

<Bobby> His eyes lit up and he spun around. "But if she did teleport out, we could name her Poppy!"

<@Lorna> "Poppy, the best baby ever." Lorna agreed. Come on, teleporter child! "That'd cut out on a lot more awkward with Hank and Scott, to be sure. There's only so much a twinkie makes up for."

<Bobby> "Dee, I think by that time the twinkies should be for you instead of them." Bobby tapped the tip of her nose with his finger and moved past her. "Strawberry Shortcake just makes me hungry. Is that wrong?"

<@Lorna> "No, Strawberry Shortcake has always made me hungry. I'm pretty sure that whole line share some responsibility in childhood obesity...can we go get cupcakes after? That'd be pretty awesome."

<Bobby> "Mmmm, cupcakes it is," he agreed. Bratz. What the fuck were Bratz? They looked like they should have been called Whorez. He vowed baby would never get one. "I think we should forgo food-related names completely. Aside from Poppy."

<@Lorna> Lorna just shook her head at the Bratz, feeling it safer to not even look at them a moment longer than she had to. "Hmm, Poppy Drake, how does that sound?"

<Bobby> "Perky," he decided. "Like maybe she'd enjoy shopping for many pink things with auntie Paige."

<Lorna> "...we cannot name her Poppy then, at least not for a first name."

<Lorna> She pulled a face. "Now it screams bleach blonde sorority girl, as much as I love Paige."

<Bobby> Bobby laughed. "Okay, so maybe we shift fandoms. Hermione?"

<Lorna> "...should I be as tempted as I am?" Lorna asked, rather amused at the idea of naming their daughter Hermione. "She'd have to teach non-nerd children how to say her name all the time, though, because sadly people are dumb."

<Bobby> "Damn muggles," he agreed. Lemur still wrapped around his neck, he turned back to Lorna. "So, I know you already got some baby stuff, but what else do we really need? As terrifying as the pink aisle here is, I'm noticing nothing here except for my furry friend says it's for kids under three."

<Lorna> "I...don't really know to be honest? I mean, we should definitely hit the clothes up, get some kiddie play stations so we can park her safely." She pondered, wandering towards the end caps of the aisles.

<Bobby> "Right..." Bobby followed her, noticing she was starting to distinctly waddle. It was cute. "We need like... a manual or something."

<Lorna> "I'm sort of afraid of those things...but yeah, we should definitely get to reading." She admitted, stopping when she got to the more baby friendly section. "I guess we stick with the traditional ones for now, yeah?"

<Bobby> Bobby picked up a book and flipped through it. He promptly closed it and put it back. "Don't look at that one." Holy shit, that didn't look possible. He moved on to one that had cartoons instead of horrifying photos.

<Lorna> "Yeaaah, we don't need any graphic depictions. I'd rather not have as vivid nightmares as I possibly could." She decided playing with blocks was a better way to go right now.

<Bobby> "This one is good, it has cartoon babies." He trailed a finger along the shelf and tapped another. "Babies for Dummies! ....we need it!"

<Lorna> "Perfect!" She approved. Those sound much safer than some of the options. She was loading toys in almost indiscriminately now, finding the process addictive.

<Bobby> Bobby was watching her as he brought the books over to their cart. He laughed a little, picking up something called the Tummy Time Teaser and cocking an eyebrow at her.

<Lorna> "That sounds like a torture device and I'm a little bit afraid." She admitted. "What is it?"

<Bobby> "Well, I wasn't going to go for torture device. It sounds more like... adult toy?" He read the box, which was complete with a happy fat baby flailing at toys dangling above its head. "Encourages motor skill development and strengthens muscles during tummy time," he read. "That... sounds ...good?"

<Lorna> "I'd say it's a good thing. The baby on the box looks happy enough so why not?" Lorna gave a shrug, deciding that was as good enough a way to decide these things as any other way.

<Bobby> He couldn't fault that logic, so he put it in the cart. "What do you think of Madeline?"

<Lorna> "I like Madeline." Lorna admitted. "Your mother'd love it, too." She admitted, smiling as she imagined telling her that.

<Bobby> "Yeah, she would." He smiled as well. "She's gonna go nuts, having a granddaughter to buy stuff for."

<Lorna> "...that's actually sort of terrifying. Maybe we should stop buying before we end up with ten of everything because she goes overboard."

<Bobby> That made him laugh out loud. "Well, we can always return some of it. Or sell it on the black baby market. Give it to Pietro and Illyana, because they need two of everything."

<Lorna> "That's a good point. Either way, we can definitely get rid of baby supplies." She did turn away from the toys though. "So, is Madeline a first or middle name?"

<Bobby> "I dunno. Guess it depends..." He chewed his lip and looked at her. "Since it's my mom and I suggested it, you should get a pick too." Looking back at the display, he picked up a pink and green rattle shaped like a frog.

<Lorna> "Well, we're definitely not naming anything after my mom." She frowned, combing her mind for a good suggestion.

<Bobby> "Just the vacuum cleaner," he nodded solemnly. "No Wilmas or Billies either," he smirked.

<Lorna> "Nope, no Wilmas or Billies." She pulled a face as well. "And do you really call the poor vacuum cleaner that? No wonder it throws hissy fits sometimes."

<Bobby> "I really, really do, babe." Bobby grinned broadly at her. "It sucks, just like your mom." Although that made him think of her dad. "I, uh, can't think of a way to girlify Geoffrey."

<Lorna> "Maybe we'll just have to ask him about names so he gets one, too...because yeah, I don't see Geoffina catching on any time soon."

<Bobby> "So he... uh... knows I'm back?" Things were going so well he hated to bring it up, but he supposed he really should.

<Lorna> "Yeah, I mean, he doesn't know everything so that went okay at least." And for that Lorna was really very relieved.

<Bobby> "Well, good." He decided he wasn't pressing for details, as it was he was feeling a little jumpy again. So, he shook the rattle at Lorna. "You know you want it. It's pink and green."

<Lorna> "...yes, yes, that is a must." Lorna admitted, wheeling their cart over to him to put it in. "Shall we?"

<Bobby> "Of course we shall." He put the toy in the cart and grinned again. "Is Madeline pleased?"

<Lorna> "Our sacrifices will do for now." Lorna answered, patting her belly.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 8/29 Instance: It's a Girl!

Post by puppygirl »

They wanna be careful Clarice doesn't steal that rattle. Pink AND green AND a frog? :shifty
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"