8/27 Instance: The Prettiest Princess

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/27 Instance: The Prettiest Princess

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Legally Pink

<@Fabian> Fabian stood at the threshold of the classroom. "You promise I won't burst into flames if I come in here? It seems the kind of place that would sacrifice me as the enemy."

<Clarice> "I promise!" Clarice chuckled, "Between you and me, I don't think Professor Guthrie is clever enough to come up with an anti-boy booby-trap worse then a cream pie over the door ... and even then she'd have probably eaten the pie."

<@Fabian> "I would have eaten the pie as well, can we have pie after this or would that ruin my lips?" He asked teasingly, giving a hop into the room, seeming satisfied that he didn't combust after a moment. "Well then, where would you like me?"

<Clarice> "Sit on one of those chairs where the lights are," she waved, rummaging through Paige's cupboard of lightly scented wonder, "and thank you so much for helping me with this! I couldn't find any other volunteers."

<@Fabian> "Of course." Fabian said, gracefully throwing himself into one of the chairs, giving it a spin before stopping back in front of the station. "This should be fun, yeah? You promise not to make me look like a tart though, right? I know it might be easy considering me but still."

<Clarice> "I'm still only learning, you're more likely to look like a clown," Clarice chuckled, re-emerging carrying what looked like a silver tool box covered in pink glittering stars and dropping it onto the table with an audible bang, "Darn ... heavy ... but this should have everything I need in it ..."

<Clarice> She poked the box, "I half expect when I open it there'll be a cloud of pink dusts and butterflies."

<@Fabian> "Well you always look great so I don't see why I shouldn't." Fabian reassured her, sitting back and cracking a grin. "I trust you to not make me look like a clown at all." He eyed the make up box, now imagining the cloud fo fairy dust and rainbows that might emerge. "Hold me, I'm scared."

<Clarice> "I hardly ever wear make-up, and when I do other people put it on me," she leaned as far away as she could from the box and flipped it open, fortunately there was no explosion of girliness, "Riko did my make-up for my party."

<@Fabian> "Ahha, so it's natural, hmm?" He smiled up at her, letting out an exaggerated sigh of relief as nothing horrifying flew out of the box. "In any case, I trust you to make me the second prettiest at the ball."

<Clarice> "Well now, are you admitting I'm prettier then you?" Clarice tried to keep a straight face as she went to the window and peered out, "... Nope, don't see any flying livestock!"

<@Fabian> "Even I have to face the truth once in a while." Fabian tried to sound as sad as he could while still grinning. "Well, you never know, I imagine there's some sort of flying pig somewhere considering all the other things in the world."

<Clarice> "Mutant pig," she tried not to think of Wilbur up in her closet, snuggled up in his blankie, "don't let Ms. Gallio hear you saying that, she might start getting ideas," she game back to the table and retrieved some liquid foundation, "Riiiiight, now I have to find some that's the right tone to match you skin," she pulled out some more squirty bottles for comparison.

<@Fabian> "You mean pasty ginger?" Fabian laughed, looking over the shades. "I like to think I'm magic in my paleness."

<Clarice> "Oh, I'm sure there's something in here even for you," Clarice grinned grabbing a tube and a small sponge, "Hold out your hands so I can do some testers!" She ordered.

<@Fabian> "Yes ma'am!" He held out both hands, watching curiously. "So, are you particularly interested in this cosmetology kind of thing?"

<Clarice> "Not really, I'm mainly focusing on the sciences since I'd like to train as a vet one day. I'm really just doing this for fun," she smeared some cream on his hand and scrutinized it, "I'm actually taking eight modules this semester."

<@Fabian> "I was going to say, for all of the classes we have together it didn't seem that this one really fit with what you seemed to go towards. A vet would be a very good job for you I imagine."

<Clarice> "I always wanted to be a vet, ever since I was little," Clarice admitted, trying a different shade, "I just love animals, and who knows, could come in handy around here with all those feral mutants. Sometimes they can have the sort of problems animals have and the doctors arn't sure what to do ... and I'll eventually get too old for super-heroing anyways."

<@Fabian> "Has to be comforting, having something like that you've always wanted to be." He gave her a less showy smile. "I imagine you'd be good at that, too, you've a knack for comfort."

<Clarice> Clarice looked up at him and blushed slightly, "Thanks ... that's a really sweet thing to say," oh, that want seemed to be a match, "okay, close your eyes," she held up the sponge, "so, you're still pretty clueless about what you wanna do with your life, huh?"

<@Fabian> Obediently closing his eyes, Fabian gave a sort of non-committal noise as an answer to her question. "Well, I mean, really I don't even have to do anything so I suppose that's a comfort but it seems a bit wasteful, doesn't it?"

<Clarice> "I definitely couldn't spend my whole life sitting on my butt," Clarice swiped the foundation across his face with the sponge, "but what happens if your father like ... disowns you or something? Do you think he might do that?" She frowned.

<@Fabian> "He might, that's pretty likely depending on how things go with the trial, but he doesn't have say about what I all ready have in my bank accounts. I...made a point to move as much as I could that way before I left the house actually. Plus if he disowned me it'd look bad to everyone we knew."

<Clarice> "Do you seriously have enough to live off for the rest of your life?" Clarice tried to concentrate on blending so there were no lines but she was having a hard time wrapping her head around someone having that much money just from savings."

<@Fabian> "Pretty much, and more than that once properly invested." Fabian shrugged, not finding it odd in the least. "But just living off of that just seems a bit dull."

<Clarice> Clarice blinked at him a few times, still having trouble computing that, "Really? That's ... wow ..." she tilted his chin up to blend make so she could sure there were no lines, "but you're right, you'd get bored fast."

<@Fabian> "And I suppose the results of this will tell me whether or not I have what it takes to model." Fabian hid his smirk well as he looked up.

<Clarice> Clarice snickered, stepping back to admire her work critically, "Hmmm ... I think I've covered you evenly, but I don't think you'd have the patience for modeling. Professor Kincaid once asked me to model for her class 'cos of ... something to do with light and my skin tone and ugh ... they make you stand and hold the most uncomfortable poses!"

<@Fabian> "I do have a bit of a problem with patience...I'd like the attention though more than likely." He struck a pose of his own so she could best see the make up, switching to catch light at different sides of his face. "But no, I'm too short to be a model, too."

<Clarice> Clarice giggled at the posing, "I guess there is that, your foundation is done, so now we get to the fun part!" She withdrew some eyeshadow from the box and did her best evil laugh.

<@Fabian> "I call this one blue steel." He snorted through his attempts at the face though he did have to give a slight look of fear at the evil laugh. "Well, if I'm going to die it might as well be like this."

<Clarice> "Pretty?" She started to look through the colours, trying to find a colour that would best compliment his eyes.

<@Fabian> "Pretty, good company, and possibly stalked by glittery Professor Guthrie fairies."

<Clarice> Clarice giggled, "I don't think they'd stake you, probably tickle you to death," she selected a nice greeny blue, "Okay, close your eyes, I promise I won't stab you with anything."

<@Fabian> Fabian obediently closed his eyes. "Great, stalked then tickled. Actually, doesn't sound that bad really, does it?"

<Clarice> "Didn't realise you were into that sorta thing," Clarice applied the eyeshadow as gently as she could, to prevent possible eyeball stabbings, "Lukas, yes, not you."

<@Fabian> "It all depends on who's doing it." Huh, this was just weird feeling, having some dab at your eyelid. Fabian shrugged it off though, grinning. "So, been talking to Lukas then?"

<Clarice> "I caught him practicing his staff fighting in the DR and we went for a drink, I managed to cute him into letting me wear that helmet of his for my birthday party," she chuckled, trying to shade the coloured dust, "it was the best birthday hat ever! I think I would marry that helmet if it was legal, it's just fantastic!"

<@Fabian> "I missed your birthday party?" Fabian pouted just a little bit, opening the eye she wasn't currently shading. "I'm sorry to have missed that...and the glorious hat." And cute-ing someone into things? Well, Fabian was sort of sad he missed seeing that as well.

<Clarice> "I did wonder why I didn't get a birthday kiss off you, it was pretty hectic though. It was a little kids party for grown ups, the drunken musical chairs was something to behold," right, darker colour towards the bridge of the nose, fading out as it went across the face ... she could do that.

<@Fabian> "Is it too late to give birthday kisses now?" He asked, trying not to wrinkle up his nose at the weird sensations that were happening next to it. "And now I am especially sorry I missed such a thing as your party sounds hilarious."

<Clarice> "You'll have to wait for me to finish your eyes for that," Clarice smiled, "it seemed to be a hit, maybe we'll have more in the future?" She leant back to check out the eyeshadow, "Okay ... think i'm done. Do not rub your eyes from now on otherwise I'll pout at you."

<@Fabian> "And I wouldn't want to make you pout." Fabian assured her though his eyes now felt as if they needed that rubbing just because he couldn't do so. "I'm sure we'll have ample opportunities to have silly funtimes, yeah? That's what I'm good at, after all."

<Clarice> "If by silly funtimes you mean you get drunk and I laugh at you, I can see that happening," she held up a small black bottle, "now for the liquid eyeliner!"

<@Fabian> "Actually that sounds like a potential weekly thing for us if you're up for that amount of hilarity." Liquid eyeliner sounded terrifying and potentially of the devil.

<Clarice> "Are you okay with me messing with your eyes while they're open? If not I can skip it," she smirked a little, "I dunno, if it's weekly then you may end up covered in tattoos."

<@Fabian> "I think I'm done with tattoos for now. I don't think I'm the type that could pull off too many of them." Fabian opened his eyes for her, figuring if more than half the world's population gave this a go he could manage it as well.

<Clarice> Clarice smiled, "Just look up at the ceiling for me," she pulled down the skin under his eye and leaned in close so she could watch what she was doing carefully, "Yeah, definitely wouldn't suit you. But I think if I got anymore it would have to be something I really like. I like my froggy though, in case you couldn't guess I've got a bit of a lifelong obsession with them."

<@Fabian> Ceiling, right then. Now just pretend someone who might have a reason to poke an eye out didn't have something to do just that near an eye. "It suits you, I'd say. They seem to be happy animals, after all. Any reason?"

<Clarice> Clarice was as careful as she could be, "I think it was my mom maybe? I'm named Clarice after my dad's mom, but my middle name is Heqet, after my auntie who died when she was a baby. Heqet was an ancient Egyptian goddess who had the head of a frog," She carefully flicked the end of the eyelinder and moved to the other eye.

<Clarice> "Then my dad got me my kermit doll, I've had him ever since I was a baby, and my parents used to dress me up in green a lot before we lost our house and those clothes always had frogs on them. I guess it just stuck."

<@Fabian> "Then I'd say you got the perfect tattoo then." Fabian admitted, smiling and trying his damnedest not to flinch. Why again did people actually put this on themselves? It just got all smeary anyway. There was one more mystery to life he just would never have the answer for.

<Clarice> "Well, I said I wanted something that meant something to me," Clarice smiled, "Nearly done now, how about you? Got any favourite animals or anything like that from when you were a kid?"

<@Fabian> He frowned slightly, not really sure what it said about him that he actually didn't have any answers that just slid into place for that question. "Well...not really anything like that, no. Any animal names associated with me I think was yelled while I was nosing around the city and being shooed away."

<Clarice> "Nothing you had a personal attachment too?" Clarice let his eye go and stepped back to look, trying not to grin, it did look so silly! "You really must not have wanted for anything, if that why you became so adventurous then?"

<@Fabian> "I guess I'm just not the type to attach to much." He shrugged, not really sure how to explain it. "I suppose there wasn't really anything to want, no. Still don't I suppose."

<Clarice> "I guess when you don't have much, you cling to what you do have, that doll is all I have left of my old life with my parents," Clarice dug around in the box for the mascara, "Nearly done now, so do you have any good stories of your misadventures sneaking around poking into things?"

<@Fabian> "Well, that and what you do have has some pretty important meaning to you, yeah?" Oh, mascara was weird too. Why did make up involve so much stuff around the eyes that could poke? That just seemed like a flaw. "They aren't really all that exciting to tell you the truth, just better than staying at home. I broke into the Palau Reial Major and stayed for a few weeks once though, that was interesting."

<Clarice> Clarice found the mascara and directed him to look up while she applied it to his lower lashes, "What's the Paula Real Major then?"

<Fabian> "Grand royal palace." He translated. "It's a tourist trap now, of course, but the public areas weren't the areas I was lurking about in anyway. Just something to do, I spent a lot of time sneaking into places like that when I was a kid."

<Clarice> "You mean you lived in a palace for a few weeks?" Clarice gasped, "Wow, how were you not caught? Didn't your family worry that you were missing?" She got him to look down while she carefully did his upper lashes too.

<Fabian> "Well it's not a palace palace, just an old building, really, but interesting to look at all the same. I can be slippery when I want to be and I'm pretty sure the only person who noticed I had slipped away for that long was my sister, maybe Jacinta."

<Clarice> "All done with your eyes now," Clarice said, carefully wiping off the excess mascara so that it wouldn't fleck, "just lips to go," back into the box to look for gloss and liner, "Who's Jacinta then?"

<Fabian> "Are they gorgeous?" Fabian laughed, fluttering his eyelashes at her now. "Jacinta's my step-mother."

<Clarice> "Ahh," it was kinda ... sad that they might have been the only people who missed him, but he probably didn't wanna talk about the sad things in his family with what was happening with his sister, "Oh darling, you're practically ... luminescent!" She laughed.

<Fabian> "You'd probably like her, she's really quite nice." Actually he could see them as being quite alike. "I'm going to make all the other make-up test subjects so jealous!"

<Clarice> Clarice smiled at that, .... waaaait, was he considering the possibility of introducing her to his family? Interesting, "Oh totally! You'll be the belle of the ball!" She pulled out a tube of gloss "What's your thoughts on strawberry flavoured things? Won't bring you out in hives, will it?"

<Fabian> "Well, it's not made me break out yet and I'm sure I've probably come across it a few times. No, no allergies that I know about." He shook his head, watching her get her things ready. "So, should I show myself to Professor Guthrie after this?"

<Clarice> "Wouldn't you rather I got her here so you don't have to run the risk of anyone seeing you?" She chuckled, "now sorta ... open your mouth and stretch out your lips? Yeah, like that," she put the lipgloss on him as quickly as possible, before telling him to press them together so it could be even.

<Fabian> "Why would I be afraid fo showing your work off?" Fabian asked, doing what he was told. "Feels weird, doesn't it?" He observed, rubbing his lips together again.

<Clarice> "It's tacky ... in the sticky sense I mean!" She added quickly, before repeating the procedure with the lipliner, "Arn't you worried that everyone will tease you when they see it?"

<Fabian> "Why would I be worried about being teased?"

<Clarice> "Ummm ..." Clarice blinked at him a few times, "'cos ... it's ... not ... nice?" She hazarded.

<Fabian> "I've never really been bothered by people's attempts of teasing or anything like that."

<Clarice> "Really? Never?" She forced her lips together to try and stop herself laughing, "Even if you look like a classy transvestite?"

<Fabian> "At least I'm still classy." Fabian preened. "Seriously though, people either tease for fun or jealousy so why let it bother a person?"

<Clarice> "Depends on if you care what the other person thinks of you I guess, depending on who it comes from it can hurt," she shrugged, then gestured to the mirror, "So, how do you think I did?"

<Fabian> "I suppose I don't have many people I care what they think of." He shrugged, looking into the mirror. "I'm beautiful!"

<Clarice> Clarice giggled, though she wasn't sure if what he'd just said was a good thing or a bad, "come on then, let's go see professor Guthrie before the wind changes and you're stuck like that," she held out her hand to him.

<Fabian> He grinned wider, grabbing her hand. "Lets!"