8/27 Instance: A Nice Walk

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/27 Instance: A Nice Walk

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined the day after [Instance]Breakfast Consultation.

Jessica: Jess leaned against the counter while she sipped her tea from her spider mug. She was in two minds about whether or not to have any lunch. She hadn't felt like eating breakfast so she probably should eat something...

Jolen: Jolen was wandering around looking for some company, bored and for once work-less he wanted someone to talk to now aside from his pet plant. Giving in looking he slipped into the kitchen for some tea. "Hallo Jess, you're ok today?"

Jessica: She looked over and gave a nod, "Yeah I'm fine... thinking about lunch... you?"

Jolen: "I am bored, I'd like to go for a valk but I'm in the mood for company. Apparently everyone is too scared to go into the forest vith me now." Sighing a little he made himself a cup of tea and leaned on the counter.

Jessica: She raised an eyebrow, "Scared? Why?" She decided she was going to have something to eat and moved to peer into the fridge.

Jolen: "I fully manifested the other day and ended up covering the entire building and possibly about a quarter of the gardens in tentacles til Adam and Fabian and a few others helped me out." Sighing a little he thumbed the rim of his cup. "Everyone now keeps thinking I'm going to *Tentacle rape* whoever comes in the forest whatever that is."

Jessica: She blinked over the top of the fridge door at him. "Tentacles, huh? ... Where do they all go?" There definitely wasn't enough of him to cover the whole building...

Jolen: "Vell technically they're more like tropical vine plants according to Dr McCoy, but the first few I well make out of me the rest just seem to grow? Like w- very fast roots almost?" He was going to speak properly if he could help it. "At least that's how I think it vorks..."

Jessica: "Accelerated growth speed? That sounds... pretty awesome." She smiled, ducking back into the fridge to retrieve some chicken, tomatoes and lettuce. "Can I get you anything while I'm here?"

Jolen: "Da- No thank you Jess I ate earlier, also if I go back outside I don't really need to bother." Smiling back, Jess was actually very pretty to look at.

Jessica: She gave a smile and closed the fridge, moving to make her sandwich. "I didn't eat earlier... I'm not sure I even feel like it now but I should..."

Jolen: "Might be best, leave it too long and you'll make yourself feel ill after all." Sipping his tea he frowned for a moment. "As you are not running and freaking out at me vould you like to come for a walk with me after you have eaten?"

Jessica: She nodded, "A walk sounds nice," she gave another smile, "I've been wondering what to do with all this sudden free time."

Jolen: "Good I enjoy your company, l'd much rather be walking with you than with some of the others." Smiling back at her. "I have only just started getting free time, as the teachers say I'm catching up with my learning pretty quickly."

Jessica: She nodded, "That's good. Pretty soon you'll be in classes with the rest of us."

Jolen: "I am hoping so, possibly in English and maths first as that's what I'm doing best in my catch up for, though thanks to my powers biology might be a close third haha."

Jessica: "I apparently have a gift for math so, hooray for me." She sliced her sandwich in half then went to put what she hadn't used back in the fridge. "I wasn't as far behind as they were worried I'd be so I guess my dad's tutors did something right."

Jolen: "That is good then, I am very far behind unfortunately as my home tutors back vhen I vas a kid vere a little out of date compared to vh- what I need to know now. But lots of studying and help from everyone means I'm catching up fast."

Jessica: She gave another smile and sat down with her sandwich, taking a bite. "So you lived on your own for a while then, huh?"

Jolen: "Since I vas eleven, by my calculations I am nearly 23/24 now? It vas very hard but you survive such things when you're alone ja?" She really did have a very pretty smile.

Jessica: She nodded, "Well you have to... not a lot else you can do... and that would make you older than me so now I don't feel so bad." she gave a grin and had another bite of her sandwich.

Jolen: Chuckling back he shook his long hair out a little. "Vhy would you feel bad if I vas younger than you?"

Jessica: "Well most everyone else is, bar the teachers... it's unsettling." She gave a shrug, "That and Miles keeps calling everyone 'old'."

Jolen: "Miles is..... annoying I hate to say, I think he needs to mature a little before I can stand his silliness." Finishing his tea he gave her a smile. "Honestly I didn't think you were any older than the other students in first year, I thought I vas the oldest."

Jessica: "I'll be twenty-two in December... and Miles is okay once you get used to it... just have to have some patience..."

Jolen: "I'll have more patience when he stops yelling triffid at me, I've vatched the film now and know what they are, I am not one of them."

Jessica: She laughed a little, "He's only joking. Most of the time he's not being serious. Try to remember that, it helps." She finished off her sandwich and went to put the plate in the sink.

Jolen: "Ahhh see that will be something to remember, he seems nice enough, maybe if I ignore the triffid jokes I can actually speak to him." Scratching at his bare chest he debated actually bothering with shoes or not.

Jessica: "I'd suggest that." She nodded, looking out over the lawn, "Shall we, then?"

Jolen: "Sure." Patting his jeans off he headed for the grass. "I like your company Jess, you're easy to talk to and very pretty."

Jessica: She blushed a little, "Um, thank you..." she looked down at the ground as they walked.

Jolen: "You're welcome." Beaming at her and meandering along more than happy to be out in the sun while it lasted with company. "So how is your new job going?"

Jessica: "Pretty well... I've only done two nights so far but it's been fun and I'm getting good feedback..." she glanced over and gave him a smile.

Jolen: "You were working at a library before were you not? What are you doing now?" She almost looks shy right now I wonder why?

Jessica: "Agency work," She replied, "They send me off to places and I go and do as I'm told. It's... different... but it's manageable so far."

Jolen: "Bet it gets you a lot of scenery changes though which is good. Never get bored that way either." Getting closer to the treeline he took in a deep breath of the smell. "Did you not like the library work then?"

Jessica: "Oh no I did... I loved it actually. It was nice and quiet... but the hours were really awkward to fit around my classes..."

Jolen: "Ah I see, I like books a lot, but I think an indoor job would be to confining for me after the outdoors of, well, my life."

Jessica: "I'm the opposite then... I've been indoors for all of my life... having so much freedom to do whatever I want is... well it's a little overwhelming sometimes..."

Jolen: "Oh I don't think ve are that much opposite, after all I may have been outdoors all the time but everything I did vas for my survival through the next day vhile now.... ve are both spoiled for choice of things to do right?"

Jessica: She nodded, "Yeah... I've never had choices before... I used to just do whatever my dad told me to do and when he died I did what I had to do." she ran a hand through her hair, "Now... I have to learn everything all over again..."

Jolen: "I certainly know that feeling... a few months ago it was a fight to eat every day and now well I walk downstairs and there's food, I don't have to worry about being cold because of the house and heating or getting ill anymore because of doctors. It is a good change just a very big and new one. The worse thing is learning how to deal with people though."

Jessica: "Oh God, tell me about it." She rolled her eyes, "It's like a minefield!"

Jolen: Jolen laughed then. "I am glad I'm not the only one having to learn how to deal with people then, when I was a child it was all 'I vant I vant' at my parents, then it vas all just scaring people away from cars for food and now this, all the jokes and references to films I have no idea about."

Jessica: "Yeah the popular culture references are a nightmare. I've had to watch so many terrible films because of those..." she shook her head, "But it gets easier..."

Jolen: "At least I know what triffids and chest-bursters are now, my nightmares have gotten worse but I understand the jokes." Chuckling a little. "Always easier and we both have plenty of time to learn now."

Jessica: She nodded, "Soooo much time." she looked around them as they walked, taking in the sights, sounds and smells of the forest. "I guess it must be nice for you to have so many trees on the grounds, not too different from where you were I mean..."

Jolen: "It has made things a lot easier yes, it means I have a good nearby place to escape to and find a little quiet from all the human noise." It was lovely and calm under the trees, cool with all the sounds filtering around them. "Though the trees here are a lot smaller than what I am used to, thankfully no bears though."

Jessica: She laughed, "It's okay, I'm pretty sure I can take a bear."

Jolen: "I can as well." Tapping the claw scars across his chest. "I just dislike hurting bears without need silly things, not like there isn't enough fish for everyone." Chuckling back and closing his eyes to feel the forest.

Jessica: Jess paused in walking to just listen to all the natural sounds around her. There were a few rare spots where it was sheltered enough that she couldn't hear the sounds of traffic and they'd stumbled into one. It was nice. She sucked in a breath and blew it out slowly. Maybe she should look for one with a little more space and she could use that for her morning Tai chi.

Jolen: He was happy to stop in the little clearing and join in taking in the scenery and scents, sighing happily. "It's beautiful out here yes?"

Jessica: She nodded, "Yeah it is... and peaceful... which is a rare thing to find with hearing like mine..." She smiled, turning her head to listen to a bird singing a little way off.

Jolen: "I know what you mean there.... sometimes it is impossible to find somevhere completely without the excess noise." Looking round at the clearing he frowned a little. "I think this place would look better with some flowers yes?"

Jessica: "Oh I don't know... I think it's pretty perfect how it is..." She smiled at him, "We should probably get a move on though or I'll be standing here all day."

Jolen: "Well we could you know if you're not busy? Just stay out here where it's pretty and quiet away from all the drowning noise of school and town you know."

Jessica: "I have a class later... and then work... so I wouldn't think it'd be a good idea to get too distracted..." She looked more than a little disappointed about this.

Jolen: "Vell..... maybe when you're a little more free we should bring a picnic out here then and spend the afternoon?" Hopeful look to counter her disappointed face.

Jessica: She smiled, "I think I'd like that... before it gets too cold..." She turned to continue walking.

Jolen: Following her, his hair hid a happy blush. "Even if it does get too cold we can make a fire and bring lots of hot food and drink out here to keep you warm yes?"

Jessica: "Well we'll see... I don't do so well in the cold..." she glanced over her shoulder at him.

Jolen: "I know, it's why I suggested the fire and such, I wouldn't want an afternoon ruined because I failed to keep you warm enough ja?"

Jessica: She laughed softly, "Like I said, we'll see... one thing at a time, right?"

Jolen: "Ok?" Not sure where all the extra things were but maybe it was a girl thing, after all it was just a picnic in the snow.